Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:44:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to be contented on what you have?  (Read 9278 times)
Lolang

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 02:37:13 PM

As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.
To be contented you must appreciate what you have. You need to see good things that you have and be happy with it. Stop comparing yourself to others because each of us has different perspectives in life. So, in order to be contented you must be thankful for all the blessings you have.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:46:16 PM

As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.
To be contented you must appreciate what you have. You need to see good things that you have and be happy with it. Stop comparing yourself to others because each of us has different perspectives in life. So, in order to be contented you must be thankful for all the blessings you have.

Yes appreciating what we have is a way to be contented.  We should atleast be grateful always to what we have.  Being contented means that we already have what we need. 

I am proud to say that I am one of those people who are contented and easily get contented.
Maricel2017

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 04:58:33 AM

Material things are very important in our life but not enough, of course.
We are not just physical but also spiritual beings and need love, compassion, understanding, friendship etc.
We can say that job, money, house are basic, essential things needed in our life but in order to be happy and feel fulfilled, we need much more.
I suggest you to go to the church, or join some other spiritual activity as mediation, and to try to find a way how to make happy not just your physical but also your spiritual self.

The real contentment must be happen if you know what is priority in your life and ofcourse if Jesus is in you we have that contentment because he is the source of everything . And it is written in the bible seek first the kingdom of God and all this shall be added unto you.

ciderline13

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:56:12 AM

This is happening to me right now.  After buying certain things that I want.  I feel that I am not contented with it.  It happens if I have money on hand.  But if I don't have the budget for it.  I won't find myself wanting more or buying things that I don't have yet.
richtoplive

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:15:05 AM

In order to put you out on planning to buy things in the future.  You must control yourself and think over and over again that you are already contented to the things that you already have.  Talk to yourself.  Be happy with what you have.
hodlftw

Activity: 326
Merit: 104

Santa Coin

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:21:11 AM

Its all about your mindset. I previously was just like you and always wanted the next thing. Now I just use the minimum in regard to what I have and just get rid of the excess.

If you set your mind to if you can be content with a small amount of stuff. Look into this way of living called minimalism, its all about that. Books out there on this stuff are A+

cocoamint01

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:44:27 AM

There will always be time for everything.  You don't need to buy things that's not in your possession after buying new things for yourself.  You should budget or allocate your money for more important ones, not your wants.  Give yourself a time frame that will tell you when to buy new things with 1 year in between.
tsinelas

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 02:04:08 PM

Be happy, embrace your flaws and love everything you have. Be happy and always be optimistic. Always think that there will always be those people who wish to be on your position. Godbless.

▬▬▬▬▬      ▬     iCumulate         Investing in the future together           ▬      ▬▬▬▬▬
WHITEPAPER  ]     ████     PRESALE  /  Nov 30th - Dec 7th     ████     [   ONE PAGER   ]
▬      ▬▬▬▬▬     Twitter     ●     Facebook     ●     Telegram     ●     Medium     ▬▬▬▬▬      ▬
Pasaway2701

Activity: 479
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 03:16:12 PM

Yes appreciating what we have is a way to be contented.  We should atleast be grateful always to what we have.  Being contented means that we already have what we need. 

I am proud to say that I am one of those people who are contented and easily get contented.

Being contented on what you already have is really hard because of the desire to have a new thing. To be contented need to have discipline in controlling yourself. You are lucky that you learn to be contented on what you already have. You can save a lot of money that you have earned and has a future to become rich. I wish that I can also be contented and don't seek for lot of things that has same value.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
Thyaga

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 03:34:29 PM

To want something is human nature, so just focus on what you need not just what you want. Youll be more productive that way.
Most people live to fulfill their prestige not to meet their needs, whereas their needs are simple but they want to exaggerate and lead to something bad.
Saveplus

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:34:03 PM

You need to be satisfied for what you have not all you want you need to buy. Maybe help yourself make a decision for a good things so that you can be contented on what you have. And don't waste your money for the things that you don't need.
Satisfying from every thing that not all things you can get by one click.being contented and happy of what you have ,even if it is small or big.always remember that life is short be happy of what everything you have.
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:08:24 PM

To want something is human nature, so just focus on what you need not just what you want. Youll be more productive that way.
Most people live to fulfill their prestige not to meet their needs, whereas their needs are simple but they want to exaggerate and lead to something bad.

I thinknthe trick there is to always have a positive outlook in life. If you see things in a positive perspective, then being contented with what you have would come with it. You wouldn't envy other people, you wouldn't br thinking of ways to achieve things just because others have it and you'll be happy with what you have

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
kie

Activity: 202

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:56:53 AM

be satisfied, be happy. that is the key to become contented.

Jake052478

Activity: 224

I will do wonder for YOU!!!

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:19:14 AM

To be content with what you have is biblical.  It is the key to happiness.  They say it is a state of mind.  To be content will lead you into the right path.  This way you will be able to avoid covetousness and envy.  Because when you desire material things more than life, then you will never be contented. This will lead you to cravings on this that are not eternal and can be easily destroyed or outdated resulting to want to have more.  Remember, the Bible teaches us to think of the things that are above, things that cannot be stolen or destroyed.  So it is up to you... If you are deprived of materials things during your childhood, you are more susceptible to this or being addicted to gadgets.... This will do no good to you...
Kulang

Activity: 239

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:30:03 AM

To be content with what you have is biblical.  It is the key to happiness.  They say it is a state of mind.  To be content will lead you into the right path.  This way you will be able to avoid covetousness and envy.  Because when you desire material things more than life, then you will never be contented. This will lead you to cravings on this that are not eternal and can be easily destroyed or outdated resulting to want to have more.  Remember, the Bible teaches us to think of the things that are above, things that cannot be stolen or destroyed.  So it is up to you... If you are deprived of materials things during your childhood, you are more susceptible to this or being addicted to gadgets.... This will do no good to you...
To be contented on what you have, you must be happy on what you currently have. You have to get and do the things that will make you happy. Despite of its value and what nots. And you also have to be satisfied with it because satisfaction gives contentment.
Pumapipa

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:56:30 AM

I think it is to think simple. Make things less complicated. Being content is a state of mind. You have to train your mind to have the least expectation on people or on things. Many people nowadays find ot difficult to achieve happiness simply because they expect too much that they forget to thank God even the most little of things. Be thankful with what you have and always see the positive and bright on a situation.
xianrf20

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:00:45 AM

Its simple, try to appreciate who you are, love and respect what you have so that others will look and accept you as a person. Another thing is never compare yourself with others which may lead to insecurities and self pity. Always remember that you are a unique individual and you are the best in your own field.
congresowoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:08:28 AM

"I think it is to think simple. Make things less complicated. Being content is a state of mind. You have to train your mind to have the least expectation on people or on things. Many people nowadays find ot difficult to achieve happiness simply because they expect too much that they forget to thank God even the most little of things. Be thankful with what you have and always see the positive and bright on a situation"

I agree with you on this. I will start practising your advise. I hope we can all see the best in every situation. Let us be happy always for this is the key to be content

colivingclub

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 02:39:02 PM

The secret is simple though hard to achieve. Material things just fulfill the emptiness inside of us and they don't really make us happy. So every time we achieve our material goal we feel like its not enough and there are another bigger goal to achieve. If you can just try to focus on yourself and understand what you really want and lack in your life, you can probably be more contented.

Egayerm

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 12:13:05 AM

In our fast-paced, interconnected modern world, it’s hard not to constantly want something new, something better, something faster. Whether it’s your car, your house, or your family, we’re always looking for ways to trade up, always chasing the next best thing. But this cycle of pursuit and temporary satisfaction is never-ending. To free yourself from it, you must eventually become content with what you have. This doesn’t mean you never seek improvements within yourself or your quality of life, but it does mean to stay conscious of how lucky you really are, and finding simple joys in everyday moments. Like example Find joy in simple things, stay mindful, Be generous, express gratitude, Only keep the things you love, practice optimisn.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: