Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 05:41:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to be contented on what you have?  (Read 9281 times)
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:31:03 AM

As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.

I think you should go to an outreach program. There you can see families and people who are unfortunate, and are lucky enough to be visited by NGOs for food and supplies. This way you will be able to see and value what you already have.
webelong

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:41:36 PM

Just think for your life that you are lucky enough to be born okay.Some are born blind,deaf mute,or physically handicapped.There are more people that are more miserable than you.Some are much more unfortunate than you.Some who are on the streets no home,food,family.Be thankful you are not them.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
WhitepaperANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTERYOUTUBE
Elexsis

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:48:21 PM

To be contented from what we have is that when we want to have that thing or person but we cant afford or have it , but somehow to be contented from what we have right now is a blessing already given by God to us we need to take it for granted because some people might not have it or they have what you need but you dont have it.
iyah09

Activity: 90

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:48:02 AM

how to be contented i think just to be thankful what you have and be happy learn how to be satisfy
s0beit

Activity: 556
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:20:53 AM

how to be contented i think just to be thankful what you have and be happy learn how to be satisfy
Yes you are rigth just be thankful for what you have and be satisfied with what you have.  That is a very important just be contented.
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:01:31 AM

As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.

In order to be truly contented with what you have, you have to see the value with everything you have. Simple as that. You tend to buy more things because you don't value the things you already have. You become an impulsive shopper.

Cordillera

Activity: 154
Merit: 16

John 3:16/John 14:6

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:28:31 AM

Contentment was defined in some dictionary as "the state of being mentally or emotionally satisfied with things as they are.” in Bible it says;"I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. 13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me". (Philippians 4:12-13), The Bible great deals with CONTENTMENT with SATISFACTION be contented for who we are, to what we have, to we have become, to where we are now. In Ecclesiastes 5:10 "He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves wealth with his income; this also is vanity." Trust God in any ways, be satisfied, be contented because if we Worry about something or anything then it means we don't trust God. Be thankful always whatever we have, whatever it happens always be thankful to God.
bosede1

Activity: 714
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:41:53 AM

Going with your topic, in Economics we have what we call scale of preference and opportunity cost these two are two important things that can help you a lot in being choosy about things, for more knowledge you can read more on it. About contentment you have to deal with it personally, work on yourself, define what you really want in Life and stay put on these

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
Amilhussin24

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:56:05 AM

Honestly people cannot be contented on what they already have. In order to be contented on what do have is think of people without anything to eat or to buy something, even water to drink. But these things is not enough fo us to become contented. But if we wanted, lets go back to God, and thanks him for everything he gave us. That would be enough for us to be contented.
Hans17

Activity: 390
Merit: 157

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:51:20 AM

Uhm sir/mam try to appreciate things around you , the things you have , I think you will be contended on what you have. As a human we never stop buying because yes it's true , the new things , new clothes or what else.  In our bloods we can't erase of being an materialistic , some of us are obsessed on the things , and that's why we can't be contended , and seeing new things , example through internet and friends. Sometimes we become greedy , selfish and envy.

So try to observed not just yourself but the people around you , always think that the things you have is much to be appreciate , not many people have that , and have your'e things. And especially thank God on what you get , always Thank God.

[

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
galvan jean

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:23:56 PM

People are always setting up goals for themselves and the more cash they have the higher the goals become. I'll give you an example from my own life. When I was a kid i always saved money for computer parts. I remember setting up small goals for myself, like a printer or a new keyboard, but when I started to earn real money and didn't have to rely on my parents, my computer goals quickly grew. My old desk suddenly became too small to fit my new computer and then my room was too small and I moved to a bigger flat, and that became too small, so I moved to a house, and now my yard feels too small, I'd like to have 2x that to fit a swimming pool Cheesy
It's not bad to buy things that you don't have but make sure that you have money alloted to it. Right now, I only buy the important things that I needed instead of buying things that I only want. We should learn how to manage our money and learn how to save for the future. I'm satisfied with the things I have right now, I know that I can buy the things that I want when I get a job.
purangko

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:58:46 PM

To be honest,  it's easy to advise to be contented on what you have but the truth is if you have money you have the power or capability to buy something that you want.  So maybe I can say that just balance the digree of contentment.  First, prioritize  your goal and buy only the most important  thing in your life meaning all your needs first and not wants.  Second,  balance your lifestyle if your not rich compared to others never compete to them. And the most important thing,  be thankful for all the blessings that you have even small or big. Not all the people can have what you have.

JennetCK

Activity: 305

[PROFISH.IO]

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:59:19 PM

You need to appreciate what you have and be thankful for it. You don't have to buy new things as long as you can still use your old things. You have to care and give importance to everything you have. When you have this traits, you will be contended in life.

Pro Fish 
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
Twitter ⋄❖⋄ Telegram ⋄❖⋄ Facebook ⋄❖⋄ Instagram

Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:26:52 AM

In order to be content with what I already have, I always to become aware of what I already have. Most of us are so focused on the future that we rarely stop to appreciate what’s right in front of our eyes. Instead, be willing to open My mind to the good things that are already happening in My life.

aldrin6697

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:29:58 AM

Buy what you need first before buying what you want. Contentment comes from within as long as you continue to love what you have and dont compare yourself to others then you can say you have fully understand contentment.
chelle5

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:34:23 AM

Contentment is a behavior.If you put in mind that God gave you that life.A simple life,thank Him.There are hundreds of people that are less fortunate than you are.And do not be jealous on others lives.Its their own to live.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Xember

Activity: 110

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:01:03 AM

To be contented with what you have, you need to look less rather than lookinn at what you don’t have. We have humans have that characteristic of being envious. We often think that life is unfair for what we don’t have, without even noticing that there is also a person behind us feeling the same way. So, to be contented you need to look back rather than looking forward.
ranz1123

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:29:18 AM

hmmm in my own opinion to be contended is to be happy with what you have dont get jealous with others life and stop compairing your lifestyle with those people you see everyday it wont make you happy at all
Abbexe

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:29:48 AM

One need to be contented on wat u have or else one will go out of bounds. wisdom is a principle thing. If u are not satisfy with wat u have, den u cant be contented. Planning and budgeting your income will help you to be contented. truly it is very hard to be contented if u dont have the fear of God. Once again wisdon is a principle thing, so apply wisdom in watever u do
Kolly

Activity: 208

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:23:36 AM

Im going to say that im so contented of what i have right now we eat i have some money to spend i dont have to be rich to be contented.Being with my whole family and we are happy to live thats the contentment i have.

[https://ubiatarplay.io/]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    UbiatarPlay    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█  Be EveryWhere With UbiatarPlay █
▬▬▬[/url]  Facebook   Whitepaper   Twitter  ▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: