Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 09:11:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to be contented on what you have?  (Read 9281 times)
Synnelaurie

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:58:14 PM

Appreciate little things that was given to you.
Appreciate people who admire and love you.
Just know how to appreciate simple things.😊
santali

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:28:25 PM

if you imagine that there is nothing around you? Your family disappeared. There is no smartphone. Everyone is talking in another language. Take care of what you have
tuliobrothers

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:06:27 PM

As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.

You need to control yourself and think of your future. Instead of loosing your money try to invest it.

cryptomaster420

Activity: 256

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:11:48 PM

Think of all the people who don't have a roof on top of their heads, think of those who lost their eyesight, think of those who struggle to survive every day.
For most of us, it's not that difficult at all.

patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:25:00 PM

It all boils down to how you see things and where you put value on. For example, you're not very keen with your stem ware because you're more of a beer drinker so drink from a cup. Then you will be content with a low end stem ware just so you have them when you do drink wine. But for a wine enthusiasts a high end stem ware is a must. That is how we should really think about our purchases, where do you put value on

thycrypto

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:46:36 AM

I think you have to keep on reminding yourself of what you had and what you have. It is easy to always want more. We are humans and we are never satisfied. You have to just be humble and keep yourself grounded. If you start to have gained and then you go crazy with everything you'll forget what is going and lose yourself.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
PETES

Activity: 456
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:59:53 AM

Just dont compare your self to other, enjoy little things that you have, stop criticizing your self and accept the fact that not everything in this world will be in your hands.
Ravenangel

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:14:18 AM

Na, it is such a difficult thing to do especially now in the modern era, but I guess it is just a matter of self-discipline and control of your lifestyle. Do not waste on something not really important and just stick within your budget and spending capacity.

Bitcoin to the moon
marzyyy

Activity: 90

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:05:51 AM

As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.

What are the things you plan to buy? Are these NEEDS or WANTS?
Davinus

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:14:29 AM

Ambicius, i can never stop investing money, it is like an addiction for me, like my own drug.
If i am not investing money or just saving it, i feel desperated. I dont know why the hell is this happening to me.
Maybe if i earn $10000 in a month, i use to save more than $9000 and the rest spread it to live on a good basis.
Ankhesenamun

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:23:21 AM

For what explain. I understand when a person needs it or benefits and enjoys, and not when to just buy and put dust. There is another kind of people collectors, that's where everything is much harder, because it's harder for them to stop.
@matthew17

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:15:11 AM

Me ? All my life I am contented on what I have . Even that I became a mother in a young age I am blessed cause I have my kids on my side .
Yakult

Activity: 144

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:20:06 AM

You will never be contented on life. You will always look for something. You will only stop once you found the true love.

supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:26:11 AM

The best way to be contented with what you have is to compare it to others who don’t have anything at all except for the clothes on their back. I might not have a lot in terms of money and belongings, but compared to a homeless person, I’m a millionaire! You can also compare yourself with people in other countries who are in the middle of a war, who are unsure whether they would be able to live or die the next day.
cx.nohara

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:24:00 PM

The best way to be contented with what you have is to compare it to others who don’t have anything at all except for the clothes on their back. I might not have a lot in terms of money and belongings, but compared to a homeless person, I’m a millionaire! You can also compare yourself with people in other countries who are in the middle of a war, who are unsure whether they would be able to live or die the next day.

While I do not like comparing myself to others, i see the point of this piece of advice.  Apart from that, we must practice gratitude.  Only then can we start feeling happy and content.
salayog01999

Activity: 55

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:43:34 PM

We need to be satisfy on what we have. We need to be thankful on what blessing that we are receiving because a lot of people wants to be in our position. They don't have receiving any kind of material that we have.
MRX-

Activity: 267

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:20:51 PM

First, you must accept what you have and what you dont have after that it pretty much goes smoothly. Think of the bad side of the things you want, that would help you convince yourself that it's not that worth it. but just accepting it and understanding is the most effective way tbh.

Being contented is almost disrespecting the very nature of humans as a specie. All we do are directly correlated to discontentment, we need it, it is essential.
Technology, Love, Sex, Power, Money or whatever the heck that has label on, we need to continue every time something ends.
Now, accepting what you have and being contented with it is simply lying to yourself. Humans biologically aren't designed like that.
samyang2x

Activity: 121

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:42:27 PM

Discipline comes first.If you are not disciplined enough then you will still be capable of not being contented on what you have.Do not look for so many things and learn to be simple.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
MRX-

Activity: 267

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:48:50 PM

Discipline comes first.If you are not disciplined enough then you will still be capable of not being contented on what you have.Do not look for so many things and learn to be simple.

No one can be disciplined to be contented.
Maybe you can't buy what you want because you don't have many but still you want it.
Maybe you can't have the girl of your dreams because you simply can't get the girl.
You can't stop wanting anything, and if given the right opportunity, tools or whatever you will grab what you want.
Right now, you can only call yourself to be contented (yeah I'm pointing at you delusional human) not because you are actually contented but rather because you just can't have whatever it is you want right now.
xPPx

Activity: 531
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 07:40:11 PM

Never settle. Always grow. That's the gift/the curse, though. That's why millionaires often overdose. Some stress is actually good. If you have no stress and everything you want, you must create stress out of boredom...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: