Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:52:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SALT Community Membership  (Read 108218 times)
KLN_IT

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:51:14 PM

According to their site, I only need 1 salt coin to get up to a $10,000 loan, 30 salt coins to get up to $100,000.  Why would 1 person need hundreds or even thousands of these tokens when you only need 1 or 30 for that matter to secure a loan? The more tokens I have the better chance of getting a loan or what? I just don't understand why we would need so many of these other than for speculation purposes.  Could someone with knowledge on SALT explain this a little more in depth please.

Sounds like a great concept but it's not so decentralized in my opinion.  The purpose of this technology is to get rid of the middle man, the banks, lawyers, governments etc. etc. So you have to have a FEIN and SSN in order to participate? I want away from the government, not with it.  What's the difference between using a conventional bank and this other than its blockchain technology. Still need collateral, still need credit, still have to use SSN and FEIN and i'm sure we will have to go through the KYC and AML as well. 
iandoZ (OP)

Activity: 128

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 12:03:57 AM

According to their site, I only need 1 salt coin to get up to a $10,000 loan, 30 salt coins to get up to $100,000.  Why would 1 person need hundreds or even thousands of these tokens when you only need 1 or 30 for that matter to secure a loan? The more tokens I have the better chance of getting a loan or what? I just don't understand why we would need so many of these other than for speculation purposes.  Could someone with knowledge on SALT explain this a little more in depth please.

Sounds like a great concept but it's not so decentralized in my opinion.  The purpose of this technology is to get rid of the middle man, the banks, lawyers, governments etc. etc. So you have to have a FEIN and SSN in order to participate? I want away from the government, not with it.  What's the difference between using a conventional bank and this other than its blockchain technology. Still need collateral, still need credit, still have to use SSN and FEIN and i'm sure we will have to go through the KYC and AML as well. 

You can also use SALT to lower the interest rates on active loans, as well as purchase any of the goods and services provide from SALT

michaelai3

Activity: 101

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 12:44:33 AM

When is the 2nd funding round? Haven't received any email updates.
BitFarmer75

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 12:48:24 AM

sounds cool best of luck for you guys!
george888055

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 12:51:04 AM

You have a good preparation to start ICO.
I strongly believe that ICO spectiv will be successfu
FaYaAAa

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 03:31:30 AM

When is the 2nd funding round? Haven't received any email updates.

They will annonce it on the 9 of august.
moratar

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 11:06:01 PM

Is it possible atm to buy tokens at 3usd/piece? Or maybe it is the "2nd funding round" about which info comes on the 9 of august.
Can't find any exact info on their page.
arbitro

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 11:18:31 PM

Is it possible atm to buy tokens at 3usd/piece? Or maybe it is the "2nd funding round" about which info comes on the 9 of august.
Can't find any exact info on their page.

Same here. I signed up and still couldn't find any info on how to purchase tokens...
iandoZ (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 10:13:59 AM

Dear SALT Community,

Community Membership Sale
On Wednesday, August 9th we will be announcing the date, time, and details of SALT’s Community Membership Sale, which will include the following allocations of discounted memberships:

2 million Memberships at $3.00 each (70% discount)

1.5 million Memberships at  $5.00 each (50% discount)

1 million Memberships at $7.50 each (25% discount)

Please note that Memberships will be sold on a first come, first served basis. The order will be determined by when each purchase has the requisite number of confirmations on the corresponding blockchain (2 confirmations for BTC, 12 confirmations for ETH). For example, if you purchase $1,000 worth of memberships when there are 50 left in the $3.00 allocation, you will receive 50 memberships at $3.00 ($150.00 total) and 170 memberships at $5.00 ($850.00 total).

SALT Abstract
On August 9th we will also be releasing the much anticipated SALT Abstract which contains: an in-depth explanation of SALT’s platform including its architecture, technology, and use cases; how Blockchain-Backed Loans™ work; and details on the mechanics of SALT’s Community Membership Sale. We recommend that you thoroughly read this document, which will be made available in the Membership Dashboard, before participating in the Community Membership Sale.

SALT Lending Platform: Borrower View
While they are likely to evolve and change somewhat between now and the launch of our platform, we’d like to share the first view of our borrower dashboar!

All the best,

The SALT Team

CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 10:19:02 AM

this could be a great service for many peeps!
oxanakts

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:43:35 AM

Is there going to be a whitepaper? I tried to graphically summarize what SALT is about form the FAQs on the site here: https://medium.com/@StorifierCo/what-is-salt-5c63ec3e6a3e.
Let me know if I missed anything! Looking forward to the membership sale.

Scheede

Activity: 1022
Merit: 683

Love is the answer

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 06:43:48 PM

I like the idea and will try to find out more about it.

For the moment I found this article not to bad: https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2017/05/19/disruptive-blockchain-backed-salt-loans-platform-in-launch-to-leverage-bitcoin-assets/#78aaf7d527cc

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:01:02 PM

just voicing my concerns. I don't think there is any reason to panic for salt as a project, it's just weird they are hiding their cheap tiers for the larger, lesser informed public. it makes them look dodgy, where there is no need for them to act this way

iandoZ (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:18:57 PM

update ICO WATCH: SALT LENDING main post

Last private discounted phase of the SALT Community Membership Sale
will begin on Tuesday, August 15th at 8:00 AM MST (2:00 PM GMT)!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2051305.msg20442348#msg20442348

jeremy grol

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:51:17 PM

Somethig shady here.
if supply is 120m and they will sold approx 50m during presale and public ico, what about the remain 68m?

Looks they runned a shady private ico and give no info to community about it, even how many salt were sold.

Any info?
Blakesss

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:36:02 PM

From the Abstract SALT released today... https://membership.saltlending.com/files/abstract.pdf
ArrogantPeacock

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:53:50 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2017, 12:49:34 AM by ArrogantPeacock

YOU CAN READ THE FULL ARTICLE HERE:

https://medium.com/@ArrogantPeacock/the-salt-lending-presale-explained-1c18a58df24f

SALT Lending

What a fantastic name for a fantastic product. There have been a lot of discussions about collateralizing tokens and SALT (Secured Automated Lending Technology) is offering exactly that. In a nutshell, instead of selling your tokens (Bitcoin, Ethereum etc.) to finance short or long term obligations, you “store” these tokens in the SALT platform as collateral, and receive the corresponding value of those tokens in cash, deposited to your bank account. A simple, innovative and technologically advanced solution that can easily compete with outdated traditional banking loans, crippled due to their complex, expensive and bureaucratic loan process.

There are so many innovations coming from SALT, that it would be hard to list everything here.

What is of greater interest however is the “distribution” of the SALT Membership tokens and specifically the “Discounted Sales” which is the biggest stake of the total SALT Membership supply (45.42%).

SALT intents to sell 1 Membership for $10.00 when the service launches

As the time of writing, the presale is still open and offers the following discounts:

2 million Memberships for $3.00 each
1.5 million Memberships for $5.00 each
1 million Memberships for $7.50 each

This means there are 4.5 million ((2 + 1.5 + 1 = 4.5)) “discounted” Memberships currently available

For the total sum of $21 million ((2 * 3) + (1.5 * 5) + (1 * 7.5))

These 4.5 million Memberships sum 8.26% of the entire 54.5 million “Discounted Sales” allocation that has been “available”

So…what about the 50 million Memberships ((54.5–4.5)) that were distributed up until now?

You might have noticed how harmless “Membership” sounds instead of using the word “token” or “asset”.

These 50 million Memberships are 91.74% of the entire “Discounted Sales” allocation; you would expect to find some sort of information regarding their distribution. I would like to spare some of your time, and tell you that such information is not available. SALT has never officially announced their presale. For a company that lists one of their values as “Trust”:

You would expect some transparency, openness and community engagement — which are prerequisites for trust.

The entire presale distribution is based on none of that. It begs the questions whether a fair portion of this 91.74% has not been distributed or bought by insiders for ridiculous $0.01 discounts per Membership, or might have even been bought by SALT themselves via third parties. The company has complete control over the demand of its “discount” Memberships; the only way to buy into these discounted tiers is if SALT has verified your account, which they can do at whatever rate and pace is convenient to them, that would allow the company to buy their own supply and “adjust” demand accordingly (by verifying accounts later). Why would you sell a Membership for $3.00 if the demand clearly exceeds that value, you would simply buy it yourself and let anyone in line pay $5.00 for it, at a later point in time (note that SALT has not set specific dates for their presales, they simply announce the sales five days before they take place).

The “investors”, who would think they are buying “discounted” tokens are actually paying a premium for them (there have been apparently other presales before this tier discount of $0.25, $0.75 and $1.5 / Membership). To make our calculations conservative, we’ll use as a base discount of $1.5 / Membership, as previous discounts could not be confirmed, which would translate to:

Anyone buying the “discounted” rate of:

$3.00 — pays a premium of 100%
$5.00 — pays a premium of 233.33%
$7.50 — pays a premium of 400%

Damn… and the public sale has not even started

This all might be rubbish of course, and the analysis above might be incorrect. Asking a legal expert affiliated with SALT would surely help to clarify things. Fortunately, SALT has a Telegram group which anyone can join, unfortunately, anyone mentioning anything about previous discounted tiers will get banned. After asking Emma Channing, legal expert and executive vice president of The Argon Group (SALT’s legal and crowdfunding partner) about the early distribution allocation, the following reply ensued “the numbers are the numbers”. Three seconds later my account was banned. There have been other users who were banned from the group, who were unfortunate enough to have the same concerns as I did.

Nevertheless, as already mentioned, SALT is something special and provides a fantastic product to a multi trillion dollar worth industry. There will definitely be enough interest and the company will not have a problem raising the funds that it needs, but the discount sales allocation is something that will haunt the company in the long term and we might experience some display of contempt against the project in the future.

Pass me the salt *throws it off the table*
RJX
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:05:25 PM

https://medium.com/@ArrogantPeacock/the-salt-lending-presale-explained-1c18a58df24f

SALT Lending

What a fantastic name for a fantastic product. There have been a lot of discussions about collateralizing tokens and SALT (Secured Automated Lending Technology) is offering exactly that. In a nutshell, instead of selling your tokens (Bitcoin, Ethereum etc.) to finance short or long term obligations, you “store” these tokens in the SALT platform as collateral, and receive the corresponding value of those tokens in cash, deposited to your bank account. A simple, innovative and technologically advanced solution that can easily compete with outdated traditional banking loans, crippled due to their complex, expensive and bureaucratic loan process.

There are so many innovations coming from SALT, that it would be hard to list everything here.

What is of greater interest however is the “distribution” of the SALT Membership tokens and specifically the “Discounted Sales” which is the biggest stake of the total SALT Membership allocation (45.42%).

As the time of writing, the presale is still open and offers the following discounts:

This means there are 4.5 million ((2 + 1.5 + 1 = 4.5)) “discounted” Memberships currently available

For the total sum of $14.5 million ((2 * 3) + (1.5 * 5) + (1 * 1))

These 4.5 million Memberships sum 8.26% of the entire 54.5 million “Discounted Sales” allocation that has been “available”

So…what about the 50 million Memberships ((54.5–4.5)) that were distributed up until now?

You might have noticed how harmless “Membership” sounds instead of using the word “token” or “asset”.

These 50 million Memberships are 91.74% of the entire “Discounted Sales” allocation; you would expect to find some sort of information regarding their distribution. I would like to spare some of your time, and tell you that such information is not available. SALT has never officially announced their presale. For a company that lists one of their values as “Trust”:

You would expect some transparency, openness and community engagement — which are prerequisites for trust.

The entire presale distribution is based on none of that. It begs the questions whether a fair portion of this 91.74% has not been distributed or bought by insiders for ridiculous $0.01 discounts per Membership, or might have even been bought by SALT themselves via third parties. The company has complete control over the demand of its “discount” Memberships; the only way to buy into these discounted tiers is if SALT has verified your account, which they can do at whatever rate and pace is convenient to them, that would allow the company to buy their own supply and “adjust” demand accordingly (by verifying accounts later). Why would you sell a Membership for $3.00 if the interest clearly exceeds that value, you would simply buy it yourself and let anyone in line pay $5.00 for it, at a later point in time (note that SALT has not set specific date for their presales, they simply announced the sale five days before it takes place).

The “investors”, who would think they are buying “discounted” tokens are actually paying a premium for them (there have been apparently other presales before this tier discount of $0.25, $0.75 and $1.5 / Membership). To make our calculations conservative, we’ll use as a base discount of $1.5 / Membership, as previous discounts could not be confirmed, which would translate to:

This all might be rubbish of course, and the analysis above might be incorrect. Asking a legal expert affiliated with SALT would surely help to clarify things. Fortunately, SALT has a Telegram group which anyone can join, unfortunately, anyone mentioning anything about previous discounted tiers will get banned. After asking Emma Channing, legal expert and executive vice president of The Argon Group (SALT’s legal and crowdfunding partner) about the early distribution allocation, the following reply ensued “the numbers are the numbers”. Three seconds later my account was banned. There have been other users who were banned from the group, who were unfortunate enough to have the same concern as I did.

Nevertheless, as already mentioned, SALT is something special and provides a fantastic product to a multi trillion dollar worth industry. There will definitely be enough interest and the company will not have a problem raising the funds that it needs, but the discount sales allocation is something that will haunt the company in the long term and we might experience some display of contempt against the project in the future.

That's the best first post I ever read.
udppro

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:54:54 PM

SALT Lending

What is of greater interest however is the “distribution” of the SALT Membership tokens and specifically the “Discounted Sales” which is the biggest stake of the total SALT Membership allocation (45.42%).

The entire presale distribution is based on none of that. It begs the questions whether a fair portion of this 91.74% has not been distributed or bought by insiders for ridiculous $0.01 discounts per Membership, or might have even been bought by SALT themselves via third parties. The company has complete control over the demand of its “discount” Memberships; the only way to buy into these discounted tiers is if SALT has verified your account, which they can do at whatever rate and pace is convenient to them, that would allow the company to buy their own supply and “adjust” demand accordingly (by verifying accounts later). Why would you sell a Membership for $3.00 if the interest clearly exceeds that value, you would simply buy it yourself and let anyone in line pay $5.00 for it, at a later point in time (note that SALT has not set specific date for their presales, they simply announced the sale five days before it takes place).

This all might be rubbish of course, and the analysis above might be incorrect. Asking a legal expert affiliated with SALT would surely help to clarify things. Fortunately, SALT has a Telegram group which anyone can join, unfortunately, anyone mentioning anything about previous discounted tiers will get banned. After asking Emma Channing, legal expert and executive vice president of The Argon Group (SALT’s legal and crowdfunding partner) about the early distribution allocation, the following reply ensued “the numbers are the numbers”. Three seconds later my account was banned. There have been other users who were banned from the group, who were unfortunate enough to have the same concern as I did.

My opinion...also this email that they send is index of the their low  transparency:

"Howdy,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to fill out our SALT lender survey. It's really helpful to have this data.

In your responses, you indicated a willingness to lend. I have an interesting opportunity that I would like to discuss with you. If you would like to get more information, please call me directly as this is time sensitive. My cell phone number is:

XXX.412.XXXX

If you are not in the US, you can reach me on Skype at xxxxxxx.

Thanks again. I look forward to hearing from you.

--
XXXX
XXXX Business Development Officer"

Sir Salt, do you will want offer another discount  of the discount Huh

Why they do not say to we exactly how much  is been the their salt's charge price Huh
Scheede

Activity: 1022
Merit: 683

Love is the answer

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:13:18 PM

SALT Lending

My opinion...also this email that they send is index of the their low  transparency:

"Howdy,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to fill out our SALT lender survey. It's really helpful to have this data.

In your responses, you indicated a willingness to lend. I have an interesting opportunity that I would like to discuss with you. If you would like to get more information, please call me directly as this is time sensitive. My cell phone number is:

XXX.412.XXXX

If you are not in the US, you can reach me on Skype at xxxxxxx.

Thanks again. I look forward to hearing from you.

--
XXXX
XXXX Business Development Officer"

Sir Salt, do you will want offer another discount  of the discount Huh

Why they do not say to we exactly how much  is been the their salt's charge price Huh

What about just calling the provided number and listen to Mr. Salt´s idea?! Smiley

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: