Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:23:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory runtime error  (Read 1795 times)
jimbursch (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 04:16:39 PM

I'm getting a runtime error every time I start up Armory. It happens when it gets to about 95% of scanning transactions.

I believe the issue is addressed by Armory here:

https://bitcoinarmory.com/announcements/

My situation is such that I can wait for the update. I'm mainly posting this here for the next person who has the same problem, so they can more easily find that Armory announcement.

MyMindshare -- a commercial messaging system -- check it out at  *Link Removed*

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 04:52:05 PM

jim,

When did you last reinstall?  If yo uare using the version posted before a few days ago, you are likely to see this crashing problem.  I recently posted the 64-bit version which has resolved a lot of these problems.

Please uninstall the previous version, and then install the new 64-bit version I posted a couple days ago.  That has solved this problem for a lot of users.

I'm working on updating the blockchain engine to solve this problem, but it's still a couple weeks away (it always is a couple weeks away....).  Luckily, the 64-bit version has been able to hold on to quite a few users.

Please let me know if that works (or doesn't).

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
jimbursch (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 06:45:29 PM

Thanks!! I'll let you know how it goes.

You might consider adding a link to this forum on bitcoinarmory.com -- perhaps under the  About tab. If we Armory users can help each other it might take some support pressure off of you.

Also I suggest a link in the main navigation of bitcoinarmory.com to the Announcements page.

jimbursch (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 04:28:19 PM

Installing as you suggested did the trick - I'm not getting the runtime error.  I uninstalled Armory and reinstalled. I was pleasantly surprised to  see that I didn't have to install my wallets from backup after re-installation.

It's still slow to start, but that's a known issue as I am on a 4 gig ram laptop.

Looking forward to the update in the next few weeks!

silvercoins

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 12:15:50 PM

Hi,

I am unable to view available funds as the scanning will not complete for Transaction History.

It stalls out @ 42% / 13 minutes.

Do I need to redownload blockchain?

Thanks.
jimbursch (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 03:16:44 PM

For me, the solution was to install the 64 bit version found here:

http://bitcoinarmory.googlecode.com/files/armory_0.88.1-beta_win64.msi

ScaryKubiak

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 02:08:30 PM

I'm going to go off this thread instead of starting a new one. I installed 88.1 right after the crash. I was able to install it, open it, create a couple addresses, move my coins from other places to here, and I went about my business until last week.

Since last week I've been having the same problem as the original problem for this thread. I've uninstalled 88.1, installed 87.2, got the runtime error there twice, did a repair thru control panel, got another error, uninstalled that, and tried to do the 64 bit version. I thought I might have been overlooking something but I'm running on Win7 32 bit so the 64 didn't do anything for me. I've since reinstalled 88.1, did a repair there, and still get a runtime error. Oh, I wasn't for sure if it was the same file but I deleted the armory.exe txt document once to no avail.

Is there anything else I could do to try to help explain with what's going on my end? TiA!
halfawake

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:51:02 AM

Just out of curiosity, is this issue occurring because of the ever increasing size of the blockchain?  If so, I'll just wait until the RAM minimizing update comes out in a few weeks and not use Armory until then.

BTC: 13kJEpqhkW5MnQhWLvum7N5v8LbTAhzeWj
ScaryKubiak

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:34:10 AM

I installed the Armory on my 64 bit pc and works just fine.
Oyarsaskin

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:52:52 AM

does anyone have a solution for those of us running a 32 bit OS?
goldlyre

Activity: 1101
Merit: 512

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:53:38 AM

I installed the Armory on my 64 bit pc and works just fine.
Armory always takes 3G+ Ram everytime it's running. That's no good.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: