Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:29:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is ...nothing,acording to my country`s laws.  (Read 2853 times)
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1537

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:41:00 PM

Looks like the author totally doesn't interested in founding a reply on his question, he didn't comment the thread for months!
Well, I think we all may realize our trading and other crypto activity in the same way as before, cause of no country called about Butcoin taxation yet. So, if it's not illegal it is legal by the logic Smiley

I think answers found here can be useful for people in a similar situation, even if the author hasn’t come back.

What he comments shows again how governments go behind events. Technology changes very fast but laws are slow, so it’s not surprising what you are talking about.

As some have commented, if you want to avoid paying taxes legally the best thing would be to exchange bitcoin for goods and services directly, although I also live in a EU country and it is discussed in local forums if government could claim tax for that. I think in theory they could, but they don’t have the means to track those transactions and make people pay and there is no clear legislation on the subject.

What I would advise anyone to do is to declare and pay all crypto transactions that go through your bank (like send a transfer to an exchange, make profits, and send funds back to your bank). Fiat profits are clearly taxed, crypto profits are not.

savushkinTA

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:51:30 PM

It takes time for states to deal with this
Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:11:11 PM

Looks like the author totally doesn't interested in founding a reply on his question, he didn't comment the thread for months!
Well, I think we all may realize our trading and other crypto activity in the same way as before, cause of no country called about Butcoin taxation yet. So, if it's not illegal it is legal by the logic Smiley

I think answers found here can be useful for people in a similar situation, even if the author hasn’t come back.

What he comments shows again how governments go behind events. Technology changes very fast but laws are slow, so it’s not surprising what you are talking about.

As some have commented, if you want to avoid paying taxes legally the best thing would be to exchange bitcoin for goods and services directly, although I also live in a EU country and it is discussed in local forums if government could claim tax for that. I think in theory they could, but they don’t have the means to track those transactions and make people pay and there is no clear legislation on the subject.

What I would advise anyone to do is to declare and pay all crypto transactions that go through your bank (like send a transfer to an exchange, make profits, and send funds back to your bank). Fiat profits are clearly taxed, crypto profits are not.

The state is always trying to deceive the citizens. You may have problems in order to prove that the amount you withdrew from the Bank accounts were used for profit, and may be excluded from your income. If you are a legal entity then you will have problems. The entire the amount you will receive at the expense of the state regards as income.
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1537

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:20:08 PM

The state is always trying to deceive the citizens. You may have problems in order to prove that the amount you withdrew from the Bank accounts were used for profit, and may be excluded from your income. If you are a legal entity then you will have problems. The entire the amount you will receive at the expense of the state regards as income.

With all due respect, I don’t see much sense in what you are saying, and I don’t understand why you are saying it as a reply to what I wrote. Or maybe I know why. Therefore, I’m not going to argue with you.

izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:56:10 PM

If bitcoin still not legalized yet then I have no right to pay the tax for bitcoin.
It's reasonable ,right ?

I'm happy with current situation but in other side , bitcoin still less popular in my place so I'm seldom to see any public service accept bitcoin as their main transaction

Smiley
Skyborn

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:01:03 PM

As long as I don't cash out my bitcoins to the fiat currency in my country, I don't think I have to pay any kind of taxes. So the plan is to just keep everything into bitcoin until I can use bitcoin for my daily needs or my government has clearly made a statement on bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general.
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:41:05 PM

Though many countries around the world has not recognized BITCOIN  so it is difficult to determine the income earned from it under the income tax law. As per my country tax law, BTC income is not considered as an income unless it is converted into fiat currency.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:25:32 PM

Money can only be taxed on the moment you exchange it to fiat and use a bank service, right? And depending the amount it can pass away from the government's radars, without need to pay taxes. And if you exchange your profit in BTCs to fiat in small packages, you don't need to pay any tax, right?

I say using the example Bitcoin is nothing according to country's laws.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:19:50 PM

As per my country tax law, BTC income is not considered as an income unless it is converted into fiat currency.
It shouldn't matter. If you receive 1BTC today for whatever services that you provided, you'll have to pay tax over the fiat value at the moment of receiving it. Current rate is $5900, which means that you declare $5900 as income.

Quite often people just assume that because their government doesn't yet 'recognize' Bitcoin as asset or whatever, that they are exempt from paying tax, but that's nothing more than wishful thinking.

It basically means that even participating in a signature campaign can also be taxed. For us it's just 'earning' Bitcoin for something we're doing anyway, which is posting, but in reality it's a service that we provide.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Nameless27

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:27:18 AM

I live in a country in the EU and i tried to get some information about how can i pay my taxes for my btc revenue.
Acording to my country`s legislation:
1.Bitcoin isn`t  digital money.
2.Bitcoin isn`t a digital asset.
Acording to the laws,bitcoin is nothing...BUT acording to the same legislation,i`m obligated to pay taxes for all my revenues,including the income from online trading.What if all my income comes from bitcoin trading?
Do i have to pay any taxes or no?Sorry,if this questions is asked here before.
Is this ridiculous?

If that what your law indicated then you have a choice to follow it or not. If your a law abiding citizen that would be easy to do. But honestly that is not worth the taxpayers money, they don’t recognized bitcoin as such and want a share from it. That absolutely not right in any aspect at all.

Then that would be your choice to be fooled by them and pay tax or get away with anonymity and be careful with it.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:58:05 AM

I live in a country in the EU and i tried to get some information about how can i pay my taxes for my btc revenue.
1.Bitcoin isn`t  digital money.
Acording to the laws,bitcoin is nothing...BUT acording to the same legislation,i`m obligated to pay taxes for all my revenues,including the income from online trading.What if all my income comes from bitcoin trading?
Is this ridiculous?

Well it seems that your country needs to classify what bitcoin really is so that they can have the proper law applied to a certain security or source of income. If you are earning revenue from bitcoin trading and you are obligated to pay from online trading then I think you should pay taxes because once they track you are earning from it and not paying then maybe they will have surcharges and interest charge in addition for your tax liability making you liable for more than the amount you should pay for when you reported and payed it at the right time.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:08:01 AM

As per my country tax law, BTC income is not considered as an income unless it is converted into fiat currency.
It shouldn't matter. If you receive 1BTC today for whatever services that you provided, you'll have to pay tax over the fiat value at the moment of receiving it. Current rate is $5900, which means that you declare $5900 as income.

Quite often people just assume that because their government doesn't yet 'recognize' Bitcoin as asset or whatever, that they are exempt from paying tax, but that's nothing more than wishful thinking.

It basically means that even participating in a signature campaign can also be taxed. For us it's just 'earning' Bitcoin for something we're doing anyway, which is posting, but in reality it's a service that we provide.
I disagree with you. When it comes to participation in the company to collect signatures from the point of view of the state's income. But only after you exchange your coins for Fiat. But as for trading on the stock exchange here I have a question. How can the state consider how much money I spent on a failed transaction? Or how they take into account the money that I invested in buying bitcoin? This is only possible if I am registered as a legal entity and will use the special account. Otherwise, the state the entire amount is considered income.
777Bitcoin

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:18:38 AM

As long as I don't cash out my bitcoins to the fiat currency in my country, I don't think I have to pay any kind of taxes. So the plan is to just keep everything into bitcoin until I can use bitcoin for my daily needs or my government has clearly made a statement on bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general.

That’s better idea I think, it’s long term holding at the same time. What a way to escape paying taxes, I think I’ve learned something today. I might to do the same when he situation in my country about bitcoin and cryptocurrency will be having this implementation in the future. Hoping it won’t but being prepared for the worst is the best thing a good bitcoiners must do.
Immakillya

Activity: 560
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:56:39 PM

Well, if they haven't find out. Then don't pay. There are no specific law regarding imposing tax to cryptocurrencies as far as i know. But if there is, then pay your taxes. But if you want everything to be clear. Then report your income statement to the government. From that, they will charge you tax for your trading activities and you are not going to have any troubles about taxes in the future. But for me, as long as there's no law regarding to that matter. I think i will not going to pay them. I will just wait until they find out. Anyway, i think government will implement this law in the future. So enjoy while government still not implementing that law.
Cindy1983

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:32:51 PM

The same with my country. In my country Bitcoin is not good, currency or money so there are a lot of people in my country earning Bitcoin everyday and of course they don't have to pay taxes for Bitcoin income cause it's nothing unless it's legalized in here and I'm not a exception Smiley). I'm earning Bitcoin everyday and I don't have to spend any pennies from my Bitcoin income for taxes. I think you'll be the same with me Cheesy
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:34:55 PM

1.Bitcoin isn`t  digital money.
Is this ridiculous?

This scenario you have here is strictly legal and has to be viewed in legal perspective.

Looking at your items one and two , it seems as if you didn't mention a confine for bitcoin - I mean, there is no "umbrella " for its coverage aforementioned. Therefore, I would just as you a rhetorically question maybe  - where does bitcoin belong to?

Then, the rule is , again according to you that taxes are to be collected or payed for income including those from online business or trading .

The argument therefore is that, since bitcoin is not mentioned in the class of activities to be taxed or if bitcoin is not classed as digital money or digital asset and you make your income from bitcoin (that we all know that it is digital in nature), it means you don't have to pay any tax or taxes accruing from bitcoin .

In conclusion , "you don't put something on nothing and expect it to stand".
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:05:00 PM

This situation is truly paradoxical, because on the one hand the authorities refuse to recognize the bitcoin as a valid option to carry out financial transactions, nevertheless the fiscal laws force us as citizens of a nation to pay taxes for our profits. Given the lack of clarity of current regulations regarding the nature of bitcoin and its acceptability in today's economy, I believe that we should be kept out of paying taxes until the issue of crypto-coins is clearly regulated.
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:55:40 PM

It takes time for states to deal with this

Country try to understand this type of technological currency which is so called as currency is something which is issued by the govt and regulated by them. This cypto currency is not credited and not governed by them. So its becomes difficult under what law they can accept it.
coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:57:18 PM

Though many countries around the world has not recognized BITCOIN  so it is difficult to determine the income earned from it under the income tax law. As per my country tax law, BTC income is not considered as an income unless it is converted into fiat currency.

Yes, even my country also has the same problem after converting to local currency only government's will understand about Bitcoin transactions but I think we have to pay taxes on transacting Bitcoin into Fiat currency.
franco123

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:26:50 AM

1.Bitcoin isn`t  digital money.
Is this ridiculous?

To be honest I find the legislative body of your country very confusing as they do not believe Bitcoin as an asset yet they still want to ask for tax. Income tax is probably what they are asking for if you gain money from it. But that just proves that Bitcoin is an asset.

Maybe it will only just take some time for your country to further understand Bitcoins. I am sure that as the Bitcoin continues to increase, the government will see it and will not let itself be left behind with the success.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: