Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 07:01:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens if we die?  (Read 5554 times)
julielyn

Activity: 186
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:10:24 AM

Nope, this is no existential question (although...). Everybody's talking about "When will Bitcoin die", but what if you die, and your family don't find your key, or don't understand it, or think it's only a useless sheet of paper with some code on it, or simply throw it away... Does this mean the currency's gone forever?

I find the possibility of this event rather realistic (yup I don't believe in eternal life), so that means that someday there might be 21M BTC but only 18M (and counting down...) is left in the market?

All of us are going to die with that, so I will teach my children how to bitcoin and my husband for knowing how to use bitcoin and if something bad happens to me then they can use my account in bitcoin so I can pass them on I know bitcoin so if the day came when I was no longer ready I would not have to breathe because they used to use my bitcoin account.
Ekimzjames20

Activity: 348
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:15:49 AM

When I die, before that happens I will teach my children to manage my bitcoin. And I've done that to the right to continue my bitcoin that has been running.

When you die and can not leave any small sample of inheritance or a private place to find, the value for money will be hashed forever. And that would be the fact that in the next cycle when mining is no longer appropriate. 21 million bitcoin can be left only 15 million. Roll Eyes

For me if i die, my husband will take over my bitcoin. Because he is the one who introduce me how bitcoin works. And probably our children will be soon to become a bitcoiners. My children know about bitcoin but they don't know yet the process. I'll wait a little time to teach them how.
duc4487

Activity: 131

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:16:52 AM

if we die all crypto we have it will disappearred forever in the world because nobody can find your wallet to use your money,maybe it will become treasure for who will find your private kye Smiley)
Df9898

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:27:19 AM

bitcoin we will die if we die because we protected value of bitcoin.
jhonvir666

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:19:45 AM

Right, the coins will definitely not be restored forever. That's really the reason why plans about their coin recovery in these situations are the reason for the forums. And right, when the end of mining is actually going to be lower than the total of coins it is moving.
Dava.Dina

Activity: 296
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:45:50 AM

Death must be inevitable, no human being can escape the reality of death.

We all end up dead so if we have some important assets that might be left behind like Bitcoin.

So before I die I will teach my children and my wife to know how to use Bitcoin and if something bad happens to me then they can use my account in this bitcoin so they can forward it.
BagzMM

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:57:32 AM

Nope, this is no existential question (although...). Everybody's talking about "When will Bitcoin die", but what if you die, and your family don't find your key, or don't understand it, or think it's only a useless sheet of paper with some code on it, or simply throw it away... Does this mean the currency's gone forever?

I find the possibility of this event rather realistic (yup I don't believe in eternal life), so that means that someday there might be 21M BTC but only 18M (and counting down...) is left in the market?
Well, In my opinion, we need to have someone who can trust with. Then teach them how bitcoin works.
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:06:40 AM

If you die today and even your family did not know what is bitcoin your money will be useless. You need to tell to your relatives you trust and tell about bitcoin and tell your private key once you die they can open it and use your money. But you need to tell also don't open until you don't die because maybe they open it without your permission.
mastery.jimmy

Activity: 93

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:13:18 AM

Yes there will be no longer access to the bitcoins if your family doesn't find the keys or they lost it aftet your death. There were also survivors of an accident, who said that when they were about to die they saw a glimpse of their life span milling in front of their eyes.
ishinn99

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

BitHostCoin.io

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:43:42 PM

it would be nice right now we are giving knowledge to our closest people so that they know about cryptocurrency and can get access to all our assets if we will go home early

Yeah, I am also planning on this now as we cannot predict what's gonna happen tomorrow or the other day. Maybe I will need to write down all my passwords and all alts that I am holding now. But still hoping we can still have a lot of time in our lives.

│      Whitepaper      │            ▰▰▰  BITHOST  ▰▰▰            │            The Coin With Implemented Project            │      Announce      │
―――――            COMPLETE SOLUTION FOR HOSTING WITH CRYPTOCURRENCY            ―――――
│     Telegram     │     Twitter     │     Facebook
bayu7adi

Activity: 1442
Merit: 547

dont be greedy

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 11:53:44 PM

of course it will reduce the total supply of bitcoin in circulation, in other words if there are whales are dead, then only he knows the key to access all BTC it, then the total supply BTC will also be reduced because it is locked forever without any can open
Beck09

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 12:04:54 AM

I agreed with you,..That is ver much possible to be happen, So I think it is really good to do and needed that we need to teach someone we can trust about our bitcoin savings at least if there's unexpected happen to me there is person knows my private key and password.

Just what I thought. It's just leaving a will when you die, but instead you will give them private key with the instructions how they can retrieve the coins if they dont have any idea what it really is about

A will is the way to go. Its one if your assets, and as such should be available to be inherited
teeevnglst

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:19:43 AM

This is a problem with bitcoin it could go scarce and this is good thing since the price could go even higher if the supply is low this way we could all agree that this thing is good

Blockshipping    ICO starts 14 May 2018
⋙ ⟫  https://www.blockshipping.io/  ⟪ ⋘
basicbasiccha

Activity: 91

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:58:09 AM

Well all that can happen to our lives and the number of coins will continue to fall if no one knows our key wallet, I would rather give my family members a passphrase and specific instructions on how to unlock them if I were to die.
Louvre

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:48:26 AM

If you die no one will continue investing in crypto, so you must be sure to teach your wife or son or daughter about investing in crypto. I am sure that crypto will not die in the years to come.
nikki4

Activity: 496
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:54:26 AM

Well, if we die (the crypro people) and no one will follow our foot steps here in the crypto currency community, then a few people will remain I guess. So it is better that we should teach our family, relatives, friends and any other people that is interested to crypto currency and make them also realize the good deeds of this to our life.
Memenya

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:58:39 AM

Yes, That's right. Now there are lots of Bitcoins that no on have access to them and I think the number of such Bitcoins will increase gradually.
In my opinion all of us should have a will that contains our private keys or our passwords if we are keeping our bitcoins in exchanges.
Have a will on ourselves is not enough to gain back the bitcoin that already has no access because of die or other thing.
We need to put it safe and can be accessable to other people like family because of not then have a will only is not enough.
Ale88
Legendary
pizza

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2657

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:31:08 AM

If nobody knows you have bitcoin or how to get to them then yes, they're lost forever unless someone is able to hack your wallet. For this reason you better leave some instructions of what bitcoin are and how to get them to someone very close to you.
hermae

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:40:14 AM

if we die all crypto we have it will disappearred forever in the world because nobody can find your wallet to use your money,maybe it will become treasure for who will find your private kye Smiley)

If we die and nobody knows our private keys, then the coins we have can be useless because nobody can use it anymore, it will grow eventually, depends on its price, but still no one can use it. Unless if we die not a sudden death, then we can leave the private keys to someone whom we loved and trusted the most so they can use it and make it grow even better. Making a last will testament is also a good idea especially if we have much coins in our wallet.
estupido

Activity: 90

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:49:14 AM

I think if I die that will happen is the fate of my son that I can not guide directed to the way that I think is better and right for his character
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: