Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 04:50:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens if we die?  (Read 5544 times)
Elkafi

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:57:19 PM

Nope, this is no existential question (although...). Everybody's talking about "When will Bitcoin die", but what if you die, and your family don't find your key, or don't understand it, or think it's only a useless sheet of paper with some code on it, or simply throw it away... Does this mean the currency's gone forever?

I find the possibility of this event rather realistic (yup I don't believe in eternal life), so that means that someday there might be 21M BTC but only 18M (and counting down...) is left in the market?

Yes, My wife knows I have bitcoin and other cryptocurrency she has a private key from my account. I have also taught him to open and sell him, I tell him if I die his decision if he will pull all my coins into the fiat for the cost of my death or he can save it for him and his future.
Moblie_Legend

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:12:35 PM

Nope, this is no existential question (although...). Everybody's talking about "When will Bitcoin die", but what if you die, and your family don't find your key, or don't understand it, or think it's only a useless sheet of paper with some code on it, or simply throw it away... Does this mean the currency's gone forever?

I find the possibility of this event rather realistic (yup I don't believe in eternal life), so that means that someday there might be 21M BTC but only 18M (and counting down...) is left in the market?
maybe investors already have a plan in the future if that happens even the smallest thing is well thought out and planned to give key code access to people we trust
Taylora

Activity: 48

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:19:31 PM

I created USB protected by password and gave it to my brother. Password he knows. In that USB each folder named after coin, where you can find back up and private key. Even thou my brother don't know much about crypto, I believe he can sort this out.
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:33:07 PM

I think the most intelligent thing to do is have everything of your bitcoins documented and kept in secret so that when the time comes, you can just give them, your family, the rights and the claims to your bitcoins. You can also entrust the bitcoins to a certain company to keep it circulating.

itssawai

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

Look ARROUND!

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 02:40:21 PM

This is true, there are many bitcoin already which no one has access to and there will be much more in the future. There should be some way to retrieve the coins which are locked in an inaccessible wallet. Maybe there could be a legal way to declare the amount of bitcoin holding or any kind of license/insurance policy for your bitcoins.

ARROUND || Decentralized Augmented Reality Platform || ARROUND
Look ARROUND!
jakoylantern

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:19:12 PM

For me, if we die our cryptocurrency will just be in our wallet or the market. I think when we are keeping  our private key some of your family members, love, once or to you much trusted person most know your private key or codes to make you that all your hard work or investment will not be useless, this means that at least someone will continue or take your money at the end. Also, that is the main reason why there is some people lose massive money or investment because they forget their private keys when the time that bitcoin is affordable.  Smiley
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:38:40 PM

For me, if we die our cryptocurrency will just be in our wallet or the market. I think when we are keeping  our private key some of your family members, love, once or to you much trusted person most know your private key or codes to make you that all your hard work or investment will not be useless, this means that at least someone will continue or take your money at the end. Also, that is the main reason why there is some people lose massive money or investment because they forget their private keys when the time that bitcoin is affordable.  Smiley

That is the reason why i have made a secret book in which i have all my secrets of my wallet address and their private keys, login details of all my exchanges where i am trading and having my coins stored. Apart from that all my account details and all my life secrets are stored in that. so if anything happens to my life my wife will be knowing all about it as it is written in simple language so that anyone can understand it.  Like this we can avoid and safe guard our hard earned earnings.
allison.aus

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:42:33 PM

Hello everybody! The question is very interesting. You can spend hours on this topic. But I think that we will notify parents of our activities anyway. and even the field of our death parents will find use for our bitcoins Cool
jirene21

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:52:40 PM

If we die and no one does not know your keys and did not know how yung wallet will open then your bitcoin on your wallet will stay there forever, it will not go anywhere and it will just stuck there forever.

Enijesiku Sulaimom

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:53:50 PM

Actually we are all going to die one day and all our hard earn wealth will be allocated to somebody else but the truth of the matter is that who will inherit all those hard earn wealth. As for me, I will encourage some of my relatives to venture into crypto, also I will let d person that is much closer to me e.g my fiance to av access to my private key in case of unforseen circumstances like death.  She will be able to convert them to money and use it to take care of my children.
Market-desi

Activity: 202
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:57:13 PM

I will give all the assets I have to my family. because my family also knows all the passwords I use to store the assets I own. but hope I hope we live long in good health .

🏦 PointPay 🏦
⚡️ Welcome to the future of the BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING ⚡️
➡️ https://pointpay.io ⬅️
bengetsia

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:57:47 PM

i think there must be a family that takes care of and gets my bitcoin account. Because in my family I'm not the only one doing bitcoin. My family and I are a team that does bitcoin and It is very important to teach someone close to us to know about it maybe your husband , wife or child everything must not be secret to your family. Even if bitcoin will die the truth is some will die before then so it is very important to teach.
inv_ker

Activity: 144
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:58:47 PM

I think you are afraid because you are too selfish to not even tell your wealth to your family. But it will be really a mess if you will die with that huge amount of money.
duoleduo

Activity: 80

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:59:38 PM

This question is difficult to answer. I think it is very difficult for your private key to be successfully handed over to your family after your death. In their opinion, your private key is a string of numbers and letters,They don't know how to use it.
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:01:55 PM

once we are not here on earth and we are already dead our BTC and other coins will remain on our wallet and blockchain.
no one can touch or spend it unless we give information to our family or loved ones.
so make sure you have listed everything in a note and give it to them.
MUSFIKAR

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:08:54 PM

Yes everyone in your family knows you have Bitcoin. If you die, they will not throw away your paper wallet until they know how to turn it into cash or put it into their own address. Before that happens you will teach your kids to manage your Bitcoin. And you have done that to continue your Bitcoin who has run this.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:14:51 PM

We must share all the secret matters related with bitcoin to a trustable person that may be your wife,  children or anybody. It is the only solution to use bitcoin by others when we die. So that your family can enjoy your earnings.
Anya Doreen

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:15:58 PM

I think bitcoin is the same as a family business. When you're children were capable enough of learning things and doing things on their own to handle your business you let them and teach them freely. Same as bitcoin. When you find someone who's willing to help you and they're teachable then you start sharing things to them about bitcoin. In that way your family will still keep the heritage of being a supporter of bitcoin and its beneficiary.

cryptojaani

Activity: 252
Merit: 71

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:31:44 PM

This is true, there are many bitcoin already which no one has access to and there will be much more in the future. There should be some way to retrieve the coins which are locked in an inaccessible wallet. Maybe there could be a legal way to declare the amount of bitcoin holding or any kind of license/insurance policy for your bitcoins.
Yeah no one can see the future. Everyone will die but nobody know when. For all i know, there will always be this one person or few people we can trust. it could be your spouse, siblings or parents. In order for us not to die with our bitcoins going waste, its better we make our bitcoin wallet address and private key known to them. Better still, we can make a will which includes our bitcoin account details so that our relative can get access to our bitcoins when we die.
insikko0413

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:54:07 PM

We don't need to worry about our crypto investment if we die as long as we give already those important files about our investment because our will in our wallets even many years will passby.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: