Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:11:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens if we die?  (Read 5551 times)
thegreatdodoy

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 05:00:46 PM

Nope, this is no existential question (although...). Everybody's talking about "When will Bitcoin die", but what if you die, and your family don't find your key, or don't understand it, or think it's only a useless sheet of paper with some code on it, or simply throw it away... Does this mean the currency's gone forever?

I find the possibility of this event rather realistic (yup I don't believe in eternal life), so that means that someday there might be 21M BTC but only 18M (and counting down...) is left in the market?

So the good things we should do before we die is to give those important details of our investment to someone we can really trust so our investment will not become useless and ensure they will give it to our love ones.
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 06:06:10 PM

This very question struck in my mind too few months back and as a measure i asked my elder brother to get some knowledge about bitcoin and thing so that i can make him understand about my holdings and how to unlock and use them incase something happens to me.
So you guys should also do something similar.
khirul_i20

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 11:29:22 PM

US when we die the death of the body is burned will. And if you do not the death of the body of underground planted will. Because of the people after the death of his body in the life is not. His body all part of antithesis hot the after.
seven2smoke1

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:33:16 PM

When we die! our bitcoin will be lost if we don't keep our private keys for someone else in the family or to a close friend. I think it's too risky if you do that, but you should do it and trust someone else for your money, it's better than this amount of money will be lost forever, At least take a part of your wealth in another wallet and share your private keys for the someone you trust and the other part save it for yourself.
zhanyiguai261315

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:39:58 PM

We do deal with this situation! Never know what tomorrow and accident will come first!
Tell the family about some of the common sense of cryptocurrency. When accidents happen, they can take out the cryptocurrency!
Wong owah

Activity: 163

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 12:10:16 AM

the dead are only gods of the ALLAH, because the one who created the universe is only the ALLAH, we humans can only surrender when we have been picked up death, never fear death.
cryptomaster4

Activity: 119
Merit: 1

Crypto Enthusiast | Graphic Designer

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 12:22:02 AM

Nope, this is no existential question (although...). Everybody's talking about "When will Bitcoin die", but what if you die, and your family don't find your key, or don't understand it, or think it's only a useless sheet of paper with some code on it, or simply throw it away... Does this mean the currency's gone forever?

Nice questions buddy.really after we dead what would be for our btc. Huh Oh my god! It's all will stay with safely and secretly and If someone hacked the wallet.It will be very good for this.

Crypto Since 2017
JakeJM0st

Activity: 65

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 12:57:58 AM

if we pass on our crypto wallet to our children or our heirs, It is said that quantum computers will soon appear that will be able to decode any codes in a very short time. So do not worry, your bitkoins for humanity will not be lost.
tuturutmunding

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:45:16 AM

giving away wills and personal keys trying to leave the best for the people I care about
lemonzi

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:53:35 AM

bitcoin we will die if we die because we protected value of bitcoin
vitsexy

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:31:05 AM

if I die, some of my family is playing bitcoin so they already understand how the wallet works so I just write a private key on a piece of paper that I keep neatly in the closet it's my action to keep the confidentiality of my asset data, I have not done now because it is not dead Embarrassed
Al-Geron

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:33:46 AM

if I die, I will write testimony to my family about all the data I have, so that they can use my previous work a little more I have taught about how bitcoin works so they can also get the results of work Undecided

levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:40:14 AM

I find the possibility of this event rather realistic (yup I don't believe in eternal life), so that means that someday there might be 21M BTC but only 18M (and counting down...) is left in the market?

Yes it can gone forever if no one know your wallet passwords or key. Maybe to prevent this, peoples need to share their key to someone they very close.
So if they holding much amount of bitcoins, the circulation number won't decrease significantly because the large amount of bitcoin unable to use.
sniper23

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 01:25:37 PM

What happens if we die?

Pretty simple, we go to the grave.
Gintama214

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:54:42 PM

If ever someone dies and their family member or spouse never knew about bitcoin, your coins will be gone forever it is just like losing the key of your unbreakable safe. That is why to prevent this you need to put write it with paper and specifically put that you should not throw this away because this is money and also make sure that you put the amount of the money. If they see that they will never throw it and it is really up to them if they want to learn on how to use bitcoin and cash it out or continue investing it.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:15:38 PM

If we're not keen in making writings and passing it down to whomever eligible, then you should be worried and start writing. Write whatever possible data or information regarding how to withdraw your bitcoins out of your wallet and be used again properly.

Anya Doreen

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 06:41:27 PM

If we're not keen in making writings and passing it down to whomever eligible, then you should be worried and start writing. Write whatever possible data or information regarding how to withdraw your bitcoins out of your wallet and be used again properly.

Yes, and I think that is being ready and that looks like we're making our will to those persons we love that we're going to leave after death.

Bit-Tech

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 06:47:26 PM

Unless someone knows about your Bitcoin investment or has access to your laptop or smart phone I don't think anyone is ever going to be able to get your Bitcoins. They are going to be lost forever like the hundreds of thousands of Bitcoins already lost. If you have a large amount invested then you should consider putting your private keys in your will.
Philcris

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 06:50:33 PM

What happens if we die if i die im older because no one will die except god spirit.
krishnaverma
hacker

Activity: 1330
Merit: 106

Available for rent

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 06:55:05 PM

Unless someone knows about your Bitcoin investment or has access to your laptop or smart phone I don't think anyone is ever going to be able to get your Bitcoins. They are going to be lost forever like the hundreds of thousands of Bitcoins already lost. If you have a large amount invested then you should consider putting your private keys in your will.

Even if a person is having just small amount of bitcoins, he should disclose the details to at least family person.

If bitcoins survived for next 50-100 years, price will be at least a million per bitcoin and that will be huge money for future generations also. I was watching a video where a old person kept shares of a company and the 3rd generation cashed it for millions. At that time, shares were issued on paper in my country.

Signature available for rent
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: