Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:38:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 174 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Authorship - Making the Internet More Free and Accessible For Authors  (Read 100921 times)
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:44:47 AM

Good Luck with your ICO!

I actively promoting your campaign everywhere I can (among friends, on Twitter, sad that I missed Twitter bounty campaign, etc.)

I.e. here is my Tweet which has more than 100 Retweets https://twitter.com/flodner/status/901962796061134848

And also you probably noticed my signature, which I will keep till September 14

By the way I'm also a writer and publisher (a bit) and very unsatisfied with Amazon KDP - that's why I support your project and I hope it will bring some alternative to the existing situation.

Thank you Flodner!

That number of retweets looks great Smiley Loving the signature too.

Can you please send me a PM with your email address? I'd love to add you on our beta testers list for the Authorhsip.platform ; authors feedback means a lot for us.

Regards,
Peter

Any chance I can be added? Id love to publish some of my sci-fi books on the platform.
peterauthorship (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 11:45:48 AM

Hi all,

I sent yesterday some eth on the ico from my wallet, but i did'nt received any confirmation and my ats balance has'nt changed.
how can i do to check everything is ok ?

thank you very much

Hi,
The ATS tokens will be distributed once the ICO is over (14th Sept) this is why you don't see anything now.

Regards,
Peter

Authorship.com ICO has ended. If you are an investor and you did not received the ATS tokens yet, please send me a PM. Thank you
peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 11:57:06 AM

Any chance I can be added? Id love to publish some of my sci-fi books on the platform.

Sure. Drop me a PM and I'll have you added on the list.

Authorship.com ICO has ended. If you are an investor and you did not received the ATS tokens yet, please send me a PM. Thank you
Darkoth89

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:00:25 PM

Oh sweet, just checked and I've got another 2 referrals this morning, putting me upto 10 Cheesy No idea where they came from, I haven't posted anything for a week or so lol
mmohaui

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:25:56 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2017, 12:37:06 PM by mmohaui

I cant register account from safari iphone. Please fix

I just tested it and it works. Can you please try again?

I cant fill eth address on ip 6

Check http://imgur.com/UtbhRIJ
peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 12:28:58 PM

I cant fill eth address on ip 6

Please use the form on this page instead: http://authorship.com/bounty/

Flodner

Activity: 1960
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 01:05:52 PM

Thank you Flodner!

That number of retweets looks great Smiley Loving the signature too.

Can you please send me a PM with your email address? I'd love to add you on our beta testers list for the Authorhsip.platform ; authors feedback means a lot for us.

Regards,
Peter

PM sent.
Thanks for giving me this opportunity

As for now I have 1050 Tokens, that's not big amount, but I'm happy with it
After ICO it should be around ($100) but I think I won't sell them, I'm sure this project will be successful and Token will only increase.
Publishing industry really needs something like this, to move away from Amazon and big publishers' domination

cryptomipher

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:19:54 PM

Just stumbled on this... and Something is off with this ICO.

The address Authorship wants people to send ETH to is: 0x3aae4da9A22d518996031791D3Bd61f45DEf6aC7

However, that address is NOT a contract address, it's a straight up wallet address:

https://etherscan.io/address/0x3aae4da9a22d518996031791d3bd61f45def6ac7

please explain!

Hi,
This was posted a few pages ago, here is the explanation:

About the ICO address, yes, it's not a contract address and this is something many ICOs use instead of a contract. The reasons are various, but for our particular case:

-unlike ICOs that have an infinite supply of issued tokens, we don't. We have a fixed supply volume of 100M tokens.

-some ICOs have a predetermined token price. We don't. 1 ETH = 2000 ATS minimum, but it can get higher than this based on the total amount raised. (please look on out page to see how it gets calculated)

-besides ETH, we also accept credit card and wire deposits. A contract could not handle that.

-a smart contract could have not handled our referral bounty campaign. The free ATS tokens have to be distributed manually.

-right about the time when we were deciding if we should go with a contract or an address and how things should be, there were a few instance of exploited contracts and we wanted to make sure we don't risk it. An address poses no such security risks.

PS: Our ATS tokens contract source code is verified on etherscain.io as well.

Regards,
Peter

Honestly, none of the reasons you mentioned qualify. In fact they prove the contrary, the reason a Smart Contract is CREATED, is to make sure:
- fixed supply volume is respected!
- the price value changing
- It is true a Smart Contract is only for ETH, however that is definetly not an excuse not to have a Smart Contract. I would rather use ETH on a publicly available smart contract than an Address!
- Yes a Smart Contract can allocate for bounties... (seriously?)
- An address (mostly probably no even a multi-sig address) is the worst possible trust you can have.

I call this ICO a SCAM!

The reply from the owner of that address makes the matter clearer.
peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 04:31:40 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2017, 05:14:27 PM by peterauthorship

Honestly, none of the reasons you mentioned qualify. In fact they prove the contrary, the reason a Smart Contract is CREATED, is to make sure:
- fixed supply volume is respected!
- the price value changing
- It is true a Smart Contract is only for ETH, however that is definetly not an excuse not to have a Smart Contract. I would rather use ETH on a publicly available smart contract than an Address!
- Yes a Smart Contract can allocate for bounties... (seriously?)
- An address (mostly probably no even a multi-sig address) is the worst possible trust you can have.

I call this ICO a SCAM!

The reply from the owner of that address makes the matter clearer.

Well it seems there is no point to argue with you. You are caught on your scam assessment and whatever I'd add would not convince you otherwise.

Our token contract is published and verifiable, source code is verified on etherscain.io, anyone can see the total fixed supply which can't be changed.

I stated my facts. I'm curious to see a smart contract that is going to issue tokens after someone wires money to a bank account. Or who issues tokens after someone clicks on a share button.  What do you think we are going to do? Get people ETH and don't issue the ATS tokens? What would be the point?

We probably aren't running a company for 3 years either and all the 1000+ author interviews from our website are fake too (http://seriousreading.com/category/author-interviews).

Probably DotWriter, the other company we built, wasn't on adtech either (curious cause there are even photos available online as proof). Here's just one for you:

Here's also the proof that DotWriter got acquired by a Global Ad Network as well: https://dotwriter.com/blog/15467/dotwriter-com-gets-acquired-global-ad-network-mediastinct/

Feel free to buy our ATS AFTER you'll see us on exchanges in a month's time then. At the end of the day we can't convince everyone and don't plan to either.

Regards,
Peter

Chefironside

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:16:30 PM

Now I have to write here  Grin

This idea with author I find awesome. My wife reads a lot. I also told her about it and she is also enthusiastic about it. I hope the project will run well. Good luck in the future with this great project
peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 05:42:22 PM

Now I have to write here  Grin

This idea with author I find awesome. My wife reads a lot. I also told her about it and she is also enthusiastic about it. I hope the project will run well. Good luck in the future with this great project

Thank you for the nice words! We can't wait to have the platform up and running either.

Regards,
Peter

peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 05:46:43 PM

Hi everyone, it’s the 8th day of our Bounty campaign.

To date, 420,000 ATS tokens out of the available 1,000,000 total were claimed.

We would like to thank everyone involved in our Authorship Bounty campaign.

usamamalik555

Activity: 615
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:48:04 PM

thanks
Darkoth89

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:01:44 PM

Damn nearly half way there with 16 days left to go!  Those top guys are doing amazing!!
usamamalik555

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:19:59 PM

can you tell us how we can buy token with creditcard or wiretransfer ??  Huh
peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 07:24:13 PM

can you tell us how we can buy token with creditcard or wiretransfer ??  Huh

Please email contact@authorship.com for this. You'll be asked for an identity proof first as we need to confirm you own the credit card in order to prevent chargebacks.

Thank you,
Peter

usamamalik555

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:32:39 PM

another question:
you have not described on http://authorship.com/contribute/ that you also accepts payment via MAstercard and Wiretransfer.
then how many people paying to ICO with  MAstercard and Wiretransfer. ??
i am Telling something is Wrong  Undecided Undecided
peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 07:36:24 PM

another question:
you have not described on http://authorship.com/contribute/ that you also accepts payment via MAstercard and Wiretransfer.
then how many people paying to ICO with  MAstercard and Wiretransfer. ??
i am Telling something is Wrong  Undecided Undecided

We do, see capture below:

Flodner

Activity: 1960
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 07:37:31 PM

Well, if someone wants to join ICO, to invest money, but doesn't have ETH or doesn't even know much about cryptocurrencies - than I see no problem to help to get ETH wallet, and transfer cash (bank money) to ETH and then to Tokens.
Or may be just directly to tokens

peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 07:42:16 PM

Well, if someone wants to join ICO, to invest money, but doesn't have ETH or doesn't even know much about cryptocurrencies - than I see no problem to help to get ETH wallet, and transfer cash (bank money) to ETH and then to Tokens.
Or may be just directly to tokens

In theory, yes. However many of the authors (and people) we work with had little knowledge about cryptocurrencies, had no verified accounts on platforms where they can buy ETH (so it will take another couple weeks just to get verified to be able to buy), as such, we don't see the problem with accepting credit card/wire investments. After all, before the crypto fever started, all crowdsales happened this way (credit card/wire).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 174 »
  Print  

Jump to: