Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:59:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 174 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Authorship - Making the Internet More Free and Accessible For Authors  (Read 100921 times)
albus9981

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:35:09 PM

Authorship look like  a very cool idea, a very pleasant team, I will support the project.hope be a very profitable project, good luck!
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alexsetiawan

Activity: 1050
Merit: 252

English -> Indonesian translation service

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 06:43:30 PM

Authorship Project

Hello, this is Peter, CDO of Authorship.com

Token Sale: http://authorship.com/token/
White Paper: https://joom.ag/6GaL
Magazine: https://joom.ag/w2aL
Blog: http://authorship.com/category/blog/
About Us: http://authorship.com/about-us/

Token Sale date: 15th August
Token Sale duration: 1 month
Total number of tokens: 100.000.000

Quote for image

_����������������_
��������������������_
���������������������_
�����������������������
�����������������_�����
���������������������
�������������������
��������������������_
�����������������������
�����������������_�����
����������������������
���������������������
������������������
EKASEPBANJAR
Vexanium Block Producer

� 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
STAKE YOUR VEX
Vote ekasepbanjar
And Get Reward Daily

� 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
[ Website ] [ Telegram ] [ Instagram ]
let's growth VEX better! Public Blockchain from Indonesia

� 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
  � 
peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 12:11:36 PM

Good luck Peter.. I really like content based projects and look forward to seeing more of them.

Authorship look like  a very cool idea, a very pleasant team, I will support the project.hope be a very profitable project, good luck!

Thank you both!

There are only 3 days left until our great ICO opening. Look forward to seeing you guys among our early investors.

Best,
Peter

Authorship.com ICO has ended. If you are an investor and you did not received the ATS tokens yet, please send me a PM. Thank you
peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 01:27:02 PM

UPDATE:

1 HOUR REMAINING until the ICO goes LIVE: http://authorship.com/token/

During the entire crowdsale, we'll be having support agent available 24/7, ready to answer any questions from potential investors.

Just drop an email to contact@authorship.com and you'll hear back from the team a.s.a.p.

Thank you,
Peter
CDO Authorship.com

Authorship.com ICO has ended. If you are an investor and you did not received the ATS tokens yet, please send me a PM. Thank you
peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 08:10:15 AM

UPDATE:

20% BONUS (for a limited time, we are offering investors an extra 20% on their deposit).

Thank you,
Peter

NewbCoins

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:56:51 PM

guarantee monthly income? author even you write bad work nobody like, you still get pay.

lol must be scam
NewbCoins

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:00:27 PM

you know someone who wear alexander hamilton shirt will find way to scam the people anyway
peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 06:06:25 AM

guarantee monthly income? author even you write bad work nobody like, you still get pay.

lol must be scam

you know someone who wear alexander hamilton shirt will find way to scam the people anyway

Looking at your profile, I see your last 20 posts made are ALL about "scam scam scam" through random threads, but anyway, here's my reply for you.

First off: yes, the first 100,000 authors will receive a guaranteed monthly income. This is planned for the first 24 months out of the 20M tokens reserved for this.

At the first stage, it will be the first 100,000 authors who join the platform. At the second stage it will be the first 100,000 authors based on their number of sales, and there are several tiers for the guaranteed earnings received.

Regarding your remark "author even you write bad work nobody like, you still get pay"; yes it's entirely possible. Each author will have the option to feature in his book other books. So, if a reader ends up purchasing another book, by reading that "bad word" as you prefer to refer to, he will end up receiving a small commission. We believe each author can improve on his work, if granted the right motivational tools. And remuneration is the best one.

Now, regarding your "Alexander Hamilton" remark, not sure it's worth commenting. It's clear you never attended a book festival, authors meeting or book launch. You probably would have never even recognized Alexander Hamilton either, if I didn't mention about.

If you have any genuine questions, we'd be happy to discuss, but if you'll keep on acting childish, we'll just ignore you from now on.

Thank you,
Peter
CDO Authorship.com

ArithmomanicVampire

Activity: 45
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:41:39 PM

I just skimmed the whitepaper so I may have overlooked this. Where exactly does the blockchain into this (IMO generally interesting) project, and where does it end?

For example, if an author uploads their book, does it get stored in the blockchain, or at your centralised servers? If the former, how do you make sure only paying readers get the book? If the latter, what do you need the blockchain for? Just to encode a smart contract? Where does the contract end and the trust begin?

I need just a short elaboration for a newbie. Thank you!
xyj790204

Activity: 334

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:46:47 PM

I just skimmed the whitepaper so I may have overlooked this. Where exactly does the blockchain into this (IMO generally interesting) project, and where does it end?

For example, if an author uploads their book, does it get stored in the blockchain, or at your centralised servers? If the former, how do you make sure only paying readers get the book? If the latter, what do you need the blockchain for? Just to encode a smart contract? Where does the contract end and the trust begin?

yes this is what i want to ask
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:06:15 PM

yes this is what i want to ask

Sounds awesome, I've started writing so this platform could be awesome, I'm interested in the above queries as well.
peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 06:28:09 PM

Hi,
The blockchain won't be used to store the actual book files. It would be pretty much impossible as there would be terrabytes of data given that each book will have several MB. These will be stored on our servers.

On the blockchain will be stored the book information (ex: book title, author, translator, publisher etc. Basically all the important information about the book and the connections between the third parties) and it's primary usage is for the distribution of royalties among the parties involved. That's where trust issues usually arrive and this is what the smart contract will solve. Ex: When a book is sold, the smart contract shares earnings between the author, publisher, translator, print facility and everyone else involved in the book's chain.

Regarding your other question: "how do you make sure only paying readers get the book?" , we will have both desktop and mobile reading apps with a proprietary file format which ensures the book can't be shared outside the app.

Regards,
Peter
CDO Authorship.com

ArithmomanicVampire

Activity: 45
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:13:47 AM

Hi,
The blockchain won't be used to store the actual book files. It would be pretty much impossible as there would be terrabytes of data given that each book will have several MB. These will be stored on our servers.

On the blockchain will be stored the book information (ex: book title, author, translator, publisher etc. Basically all the important information about the book and the connections between the third parties) and it's primary usage is for the distribution of royalties among the parties involved. That's where trust issues usually arrive and this is what the smart contract will solve. Ex: When a book is sold, the smart contract shares earnings between the author, publisher, translator, print facility and everyone else involved in the book's chain.

Regarding your other question: "how do you make sure only paying readers get the book?" , we will have both desktop and mobile reading apps with a proprietary file format which ensures the book can't be shared outside the app.

Regards,
Peter
CDO Authorship.com

Thanks for the info. The way I understand it, the main innovation here is that the remuneration chain is made transparent, ensuring fair royalties for authors and translators. Other than that you're basically Amazon/Kindle?

OK, this might work, but I still find your royalty promises of 90% for e-books rather optimistic. Being a publisher/editor is hard work, especially if you don't want to get spammed to death (even Amazon had trouble with spam "authors" gaming the system to get royalties). Will you be editing the works at all before publication?
peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 07:50:09 AM

Thanks for the info. The way I understand it, the main innovation here is that the remuneration chain is made transparent, ensuring fair royalties for authors and translators. Other than that you're basically Amazon/Kindle?

OK, this might work, but I still find your royalty promises of 90% for e-books rather optimistic. Being a publisher/editor is hard work, especially if you don't want to get spammed to death (even Amazon had trouble with spam "authors" gaming the system to get royalties). Will you be editing the works at all before publication?

Not quite, this is not the only innovation. We want to end monopoly by creating a competing market for publishers and print companies too.

Right now, if you are an author who's using a publisher, you are forced to comply with the publisher's prices and printing options. Through the platform this will change. When someone orders a book, all the registered print companies can outbid themselves to print and ship the book to the reader. This would allow the ones who charge less and are closer to the reader's shipping location to win the print, thus ensuring an overall decreased cost of production. The smart contract will then ensure everyone involved in the chain receives it's fair share of royalties. That's especially important when shipping international; right now the costs to ship a book internationally are higher than the book price itself.

Regarding the 90% for e-books goes, this is mostly true for self-published authors. For authors who use a publisher, they can share royalties based on their own agreement saved into the blockchain.

As far as editing goes, this is not something we plan to do; however, we'll have quality inspection steps before the book gets listed on the platform. Also, once listed, user reviews are something the platform will rely on to spot less wanted books. Should they fall under market standards, they will get removed.

Regards,
Peter
CDO Authorship.com

poiseulle

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Provide high-quality Chinese translation

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:14:06 AM

idea is good. why so few viewers? no bounty campaign? marketing is important
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:02:40 AM

Not quite, this is not the only innovation. We want to end monopoly by creating a competing market for publishers and print companies too.

Right now, if you are an author who's using a publisher, you are forced to comply with the publisher's prices and printing options. Through the platform this will change. When someone orders a book, all the registered print companies can outbid themselves to print and ship the book to the reader. This would allow the ones who charge less and are closer to the reader's shipping location to win the print, thus ensuring an overall decreased cost of production. The smart contract will then ensure everyone involved in the chain receives it's fair share of royalties. That's especially important when shipping international; right now the costs to ship a book internationally are higher than the book price itself.

Regarding the 90% for e-books goes, this is mostly true for self-published authors. For authors who use a publisher, they can share royalties based on their own agreement saved into the blockchain.

As far as editing goes, this is not something we plan to do; however, we'll have quality inspection steps before the book gets listed on the platform. Also, once listed, user reviews are something the platform will rely on to spot less wanted books. Should they fall under market standards, they will get removed.

Regards,
Peter
CDO Authorship.com

Awesome sounds great!  I saw that you said the first 100,000 authors get a 'Guaranteed' payment for the first two years, how does this work? Is it from the tokens set aside?
peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 09:18:42 AM

idea is good. why so few viewers? no bounty campaign? marketing is important

It may also be our fault since we mostly focused on Facebook/Adwords Ads (we spent over $150K in the past months advertising the website) and only announced it here on the forum late, close to the ICO launch date.

peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 09:20:26 AM

Awesome sounds great!  I saw that you said the first 100,000 authors get a 'Guaranteed' payment for the first two years, how does this work? Is it from the tokens set aside?

Yes, there is a total of 100M tokens. 80M are being offered to investors through the ICO and the remaining 20M are set aside to be distributed, as an incentive, to the authors who will join the platform during the first 24 months.

Regards,
Peter
CDO Authorship.com

extrogel

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:24:56 AM

there is not bounty social media ?
peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 09:30:29 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2017, 09:59:16 AM by peterauthorship

there is not bounty social media ?

We had 2 Twitter campaign run here on the forum with hundreds of participants: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2080397.0

UPDATE: We will have a bounty campaign up and running within 24 hours max. We plan on putting aside a maximum of 1% from the total 100M tokens to be distributed through the bounty campaign. We'll update with more details in a bit.

Sincerely,
Peter
Authorship.com

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 174 »
  Print  

Jump to: