Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:30:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Rosewill Server Mining Case UPDATE 2 and we have more pics.  (Read 7696 times)
crazydane

Activity: 558
Merit: 194

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:12:25 AM

WOW! I would dump those power amps and switch to some powered speakers at some point. Nothing is wrong with Genelec or Mackie. Storage has got to go too. All power and space belongs to miners! jk Smiley
Lol.  Well, those power amps take care of the Home Theater as well as other outdoor areas, and the storage holds all the media for the "neighborhood" and stuff flow in daily, so no immediate plans to chance any of that.  Now the .3PB Burst mining that I'm doing with 3 of those chassis you see, I'm going to make a decision in the next couple of month if it is worth continuing that.  Burst is at an all time low right now, but I know, HODL all the way!  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
R0mi

Activity: 305
Merit: 148

Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:58:43 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2017, 04:18:50 AM by R0mi

Bought one of these yesterday  Grin just waiting for it to arrive. Will post pictures when it does!

Too bad I don't have good enough PSU for a bunch of 1080ti. Thinking of going with server PSU for this case in addition to one regular one.

Someone was asking about dimensions for the Hewlett Packard 1500 watt common slot power supplies + X-adapter breakout boards.  Conclusion: two of these will just barely fit back to back in this case but that means the cards in front of psu's will need to be GTX 1070's or smaller due to length restrictions.

Dimenstions with the X-adapter board attached:  exactly 12 inches in length; width is 4 and 1/4 inches because the breakout board is just slightly wider than the HP 1500 psu itself; height is about 1 and 3/4 inches but that is deceptive because you have to allow for the insertion of your power cables, which can only bend so much.

Here are some photos which I hope make it clearer:

http://imgur.com/a/SEd2U

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 07:29:14 PM

What way would you guys set the fans? All my Nvidia cards blow out hot air in the front. How would i set up the fans for best airflow? Kinda new to building rigs, so might be a stupid question but hey.. we all started somewhere  Grin
Xeon_Xeon (OP)

Activity: 184
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 12:35:37 AM

What way would you guys set the fans? All my Nvidia cards blow out hot air in the front. How would i set up the fans for best airflow? Kinda new to building rigs, so might be a stupid question but hey.. we all started somewhere  Grin

I would just drill some new holes for the two GPU mounting brackets and mount the GPU's 180 degrees from the original mounting.
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 03:49:06 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2017, 06:06:05 PM by Undefined31415

What way would you guys set the fans? All my Nvidia cards blow out hot air in the front. How would i set up the fans for best airflow? Kinda new to building rigs, so might be a stupid question but hey.. we all started somewhere  Grin

If all of your cards have blower-style coolers, you could go against the norm and intake cool air from the rear and use the front for exhaust. However, the power supply and CPU may interfere, and if you have additional cards seated directly on the motherboard's x16 slots (if any), it'll be a little more difficult.

If you're new to building rigs and this is your first (and currently only) one, then you could just leave the top open for now. It's still not an ideal cooling configuration, but it should do the job for one rig.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
voltartist

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:55:30 AM

Bought one of these yesterday  Grin just waiting for it to arrive. Will post pictures when it does!

Too bad I don't have good enough PSU for a bunch of 1080ti. Thinking of going with server PSU for this case in addition to one regular one.

Someone was asking about dimensions for the Hewlett Packard 1500 watt common slot power supplies + X-adapter breakout boards.  Conclusion: two of these will just barely fit back to back in this case but that means the cards in front of psu's will need to be GTX 1070's or smaller due to length restrictions.

Dimenstions with the X-adapter board attached:  exactly 12 inches in length; width is 4 and 1/4 inches because the breakout board is just slightly wider than the HP 1500 psu itself; height is about 1 and 3/4 inches but that is deceptive because you have to allow for the insertion of your power cables, which can only bend so much.

Here are some photos which I hope make it clearer:

http://imgur.com/a/SEd2U

I'd like to mount the two PSUs horizontally, stacked; looks like it can be done with a spacer or bracket to raise the top PSU a couple inches, to give enough room for cables plugging into the breakout board. I think this way, it's easier to access power plug from the back.
return_zer0

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 10:50:36 AM

Wondering  Guys what is the best fans for this case
any suggestion   Huh
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 05:09:36 PM

any suggestion   Huh
Depends on what you want Cheesy You want alot of air flow? Do you want it to be quiet etc?
Dhodge87

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:16:32 PM

Could you get 8 1060 cards in one of these cases?
return_zer0

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:02:14 AM

any suggestion   Huh
Depends on what you want Cheesy You want alot of air flow? Do you want it to be quiet etc?

i don't care about the sound  just want best air cool for my GPUs :- Grin
Shnikes101

Activity: 254
Merit: 109

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:26:06 AM

I really wish I would have done all my rigs in these cases. My concern about temps seems to be overblown.

The reduction in clutter = potential reduction in nagging from the wife makes this very tempting.

R0mi

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:19:36 AM

I really wish I would have done all my rigs in these cases. My concern about temps seems to be overblown.

The reduction in clutter = potential reduction in nagging from the wife makes this very tempting.

You had better have small cards such as 1060, 1070, RX 470, RX 480, RX 570, RX 580.

But yes, nagging does drive one to do many things one would not otherwise consider.

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com
thebigjdoe

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:17:57 AM

any suggestion   Huh

Noctua industrial 3k rpm
zer0k

Activity: 349

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 11:40:22 PM

any suggestion   Huh

Noctua industrial 3k rpm

I like the Delta AFB1212GHE-CF00 as it is ridiculous and pushes 240+ cfm Cheesy
Although I don't have them side by side, I believe it pushes a lot more air than the Noctua.

CyberSkulls

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:34:57 AM

For anyone who was thinking about buying one of these, Rosewill has released a new revision RSV-L4000C that now has a redesigned rear window that has the PCIe slots removed and extra fan holes in its place as well as the chassis now has (3) 120mm fan placements in the front. Makes it a whole lot easier. I just received mine today and have a little work to do shoehorning my 1080 TI's in there.

Unfortunately this chassis still only supports 1 power supply which still boggles my mind.
zer0k

Activity: 349

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 12:41:13 AM

For anyone who was thinking about buying one of these, Rosewill has released a new revision RSV-L4000C that now has a redesigned rear window that has the PCIe slots removed and extra fan holes in its place as well as the chassis now has (3) 120mm fan placements in the front. Makes it a whole lot easier. I just received mine today and have a little work to do shoehorning my 1080 TI's in there.

Unfortunately this chassis still only supports 1 power supply which still boggles my mind.

I wish they had done 3 x 120mm in the middle and the back as well Sad
And set the GPU support bracket so you could run it in the front or middle so you could use blower cards either direction.

One PSU will support 7-8 GPU's as long as they aren't 1080 ti's or Vega.

I'm working on getting a 2400w server PSU running in mine for an 8 x 1080 ti build that I'm hoping to finish and post up about soon Cheesy

EvilC0P

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:14:21 AM

nice catch. but for some reason that case is 50-80$ more expensive than the L4000B ;/
R0mi

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:03:54 AM

I wish they had done 3 x 120mm in the middle and the back as well Sad
And set the GPU support bracket so you could run it in the front or middle so you could use blower cards either direction.

One PSU will support 7-8 GPU's as long as they aren't 1080 ti's or Vega.

I'm working on getting a 2400w server PSU running in mine for an 8 x 1080 ti build that I'm hoping to finish and post up about soon Cheesy

The IBM 2K power supply will fit pretty nicely in one of these even when flipped on its side, which the Delta 2.4K won't do.

You can find very nice break out boards for the IBM 2K sold by users on Bitcointalk.

nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:09:10 AM

There is one review of the new case on Newegg entitled "Hope you own a drill" hahahaha

Pros: Keeps things organized. Hot and crowded, but organized...
Internal obstructions mount with screws, so they are not
terribly difficult to relocate.

Cons: Does not "Supports 7 expansion slots" as claimed. Supports exactly Zero slots!
Even with five modest GPUs and solid wall of serious fans down the middle,
there isn't nearly enough flow to keep this thing alive with the lid on. If you
have reference blower cards, they are pointing toward the intake filter...

Other Thoughts: The motherboard tray can be turned around and still get two screws into the chassis,
and this gives you the option to install cards, and maybe snake some cables out the
ATX opening in back... Better would be to use a drill and move the motherboard tray
forward enough to allow cards and cables.

Three 140mm fans easily strap to the 80mm wall. But is still not enough. I think this
might be fixable with high CFM Deltas, or just keep the lid off and use a 20" box fan.

The cards are too close to the front to use the 120mm mounting locations, and a
drill again appears the only solution to make adequate space. Especially if you are
thinking about a radiator for a hybrid GPU. I think the fan wall would also do more
to help and less in the way if it were up front, GPUs pushed toward motherboard.
This is also your opportunity to turn the GPUs around so blowers face the back.

Since five cards can't be kept cool. I don't see any advantage for mounting eight.
4000B chassis will mount only six, but with regular slots in back you might fit
another GPU or two directly in the motherboard. I would prefer to have ordered
4000B than this 4000C. Lesson learned...

Correct solution is an open rig with a box fan. Putting this many GPUs is a sealed
coffin gives exactly the result you would expect. Pay money, take your chances.
I have build photos, but don't see any way to attach them...
Dhodge87

Activity: 57

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:36:28 PM

Could you get 8 1060 cards in one of these cases?

I'm going to guess no one knows if 8 gtx 1060's fit!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: