Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:15:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO]Relest - first real estate rental AUCTION platform, 25 November  (Read 35008 times)
alphashotgun

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:18:58 AM

at the first look 2 things are coming into my mind if i was a landlord. one positive thing and one negative thing:
the positive thing first: because relest is auction based landlord will charge maybe higher fees than on a "free market"
but
the negative thing is that the landlord has less options to choose who should occupancy his estate. this might frighten a few landlords
Landlord can choose a tenant.
Let's say a tenant wants to rent an apartment for $ 1000 and decides to take part in an auction for 4 apartments.

By the way, and you, the developers of the platform, already have some sort of a database of landlords? If so, how do you plan to expand it? It's me that at the moment very few potential customers of your platform are aware of its upcoming launch. So what are the channels for disseminating information and attracting customers (landlords, tenants) do you plan?
I apologize for the bad english.
There is no need to have a landlords' db, they will come to the platform later, after marketing.

Im sorry - my bad!
I dont know how i could miss that!
This part is really clever thought through!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:21:53 AM

at the first look 2 things are coming into my mind if i was a landlord. one positive thing and one negative thing:
the positive thing first: because relest is auction based landlord will charge maybe higher fees than on a "free market"
but
the negative thing is that the landlord has less options to choose who should occupancy his estate. this might frighten a few landlords
I assume landlord will still be able to set some rules before auction who can rent his place. Like pets, kids, no smoking, age barrier and so on. So i guess if this demands wont be met, he can still turn down the highest bid and go for the second one.  

There are rules for this (; ... When someone wins the auction, his or her informations will be send to the landlord. Than they can visit the flat or the house and in this context the landlord can still say no.
So this means the auction is useless because at the end its the owners who get to decide whether he will rent his property or not, its a contradiction to the auction agreement.
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:10:38 AM

but
I assume landlord will still be able to set some rules before auction who can rent his place. Like pets, kids, no smoking, age barrier and so on. So i guess if this demands wont be met, he can still turn down the highest bid and go for the second one.  

There are rules for this (; ... When someone wins the auction, his or her informations will be send to the landlord. Than they can visit the flat or the house and in this context the landlord can still say no.
So this means the auction is useless because at the end its the owners who get to decide whether he will rent his property or not, its a contradiction to the auction agreement.

I think this is a bit difficult. As I understand it before landlords can maybe say "no", but there is a rating system on the platform.

Let's say there is an tenant who wants to rent a flat of the landlord. He is bidding and wins the auction, which he got shown as ideal, because he has no pets, no kids and is non smoker for example, exactly what the landlord has written what he searchs. Well they meet and the landlord just say no, because he don't "like" the tenant. Well, then he can give a bad rating for this. If there are too many bad ratings, he has to face consequences.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:13:26 AM

Cant find this in whitepaper - Investors (token holders) will receive some dividends or no?
i think there is no dividends. i read whitepaper and understand what will be done when token in market. when maximum people will use token and pay rent in tokens and that means token price will increase on exchanges. if i am wrong please let me know. i will be happy if i understand more. thank you
I dont see on what bases you should get dividends from just holding tokens, with that logic you should get it for every token you buy on exchange.
I guess some projects offer you dividends if you invest those tokens somewhere.

That a good news, they cant miss this opportunity to attract Chinese investors.

yes, some other project offers dividents for token holders, thats why Im asking about this. Because I didnt find info about this in WP

This project doesn't offer dividends. I would be careful of projects that do, due to the SEC ruling.

Yes, I know about SEC rules. May be this is better in this way. hope for big increase price  Roll Eyes
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:28:07 AM

I really don't think that will be a problem. AirBnB is almost always used for short stays, while Relest is focused on more 'normal' long term renting.

Why choose long term renting? A crypto version of AirBnB would be a more logical application of cryptocurrencies. AirBnB requires you to pay in the currency the landlord asks. Anyone staying abroad for a long time needs to have the foreign currency anyway, but for a short stay being able to pay with a single universal currency would be more efficient.
Korsakopf

Activity: 210
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:30:31 AM

Aren't the Chinese temporarily banned from investing in ICO's?
mike0182

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:33:52 AM

The Chinese have banned the ICO in their country, they can not ban participation in other ICOs yet  Wink

niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:38:26 AM

The Chinese have banned the ICO in their country, they can not ban participation in other ICOs yet  Wink

As far as i know the Chinese are no longer allowed to participate in ICO's; however they will be able to buy the tokens on the exchanges later.
I expect China to regulate everything later this year. They see the kinds of money that are going in crypto and they just want a piece ..
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:29:16 AM

Let's say a tenant wants to rent an apartment for $ 1000 and decides to take part in an auction for 4 apartments.

Im little bit confused with this image.
How can 3 tenants win an auction with 1000$? Isnt the point of auctions that there's just one winner?

FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:32:16 AM

As far as i know the Chinese are no longer allowed to participate in ICO's; however they will be able to buy the tokens on the exchanges later.
I expect China to regulate everything later this year. They see the kinds of money that are going in crypto and they just want a piece ..

Think it will go faster then later this year. Later next month and China had everything regulated.
Glad all this FUD is settling because what China did wasnt that stupid Wink.

But staying on topic: The website is just for people who read Chinese Smiley, that doesnt mean they live in China.
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 11:00:31 AM

How can 3 tenants win an auction with 1000$? Isnt the point of auctions that there's just one winner?

It's not 3 tenants but one tenant who bid $1000 for 4 different apartments and won the auction for 3 apartments (1,3,4) with his bid.
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 11:12:27 AM

Cant find this in whitepaper - Investors (token holders) will receive some dividends or no?
i think there is no dividends. i read whitepaper and understand what will be done when token in market. when maximum people will use token and pay rent in tokens and that means token price will increase on exchanges. if i am wrong please let me know. i will be happy if i understand more. thank you
I dont see on what bases you should get dividends from just holding tokens, with that logic you should get it for every token you buy on exchange.
I guess some projects offer you dividends if you invest those tokens somewhere.

That a good news, they cant miss this opportunity to attract Chinese investors.

yes, some other project offers dividents for token holders, thats why Im asking about this. Because I didnt find info about this in WP
Nope, they dont offer any divident or specific benefit for token holders. But the investors will still get profit from token bonus or maybe if the token price goes up.

If this is true, then they still need more information if they want to buy it later on some exchanges. So chinese translation isnt bad at all.
alphashotgun

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 11:36:46 AM

Let me explanin this to you: It is tenant (number 3) who wins 3 auctions. now, because he won e auctions he can choose one. or maybe take two of them or all 3? would seem legit.
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:06:00 PM

They can ban participation but how will they stop it? You can't stop transfers between wallets like you can between banks.

Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:26:07 PM

They can ban participation but how will they stop it? You can't stop transfers between wallets like you can between banks.
Government can't technically ban ICO because cryptocurrencies are decentralized. Payments can't be blocked so they can't be banned
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 02:54:03 PM

but

I think this is a bit difficult. As I understand it before landlords can maybe say "no", but there is a rating system on the platform.

Let's say there is an tenant who wants to rent a flat of the landlord. He is bidding and wins the auction, which he got shown as ideal, because he has no pets, no kids and is non smoker for example, exactly what the landlord has written what he searchs. Well they meet and the landlord just say no, because he don't "like" the tenant. Well, then he can give a bad rating for this. If there are too many bad ratings, he has to face consequences.

A rating system would be ideal in order to discourage such incidence. This would be beneficial to both tenants and landlords respectively.

Really dont think a rating system will work for tenants, maybe for landlords. Let's say you rent a place, if you rent a place its for at least one year. So after 4 years you only have 4 ratings... if 1 is bad for a small reason landlords will not pick him because of just 1 bad rating in 4 years?

Its better only have rating system for landlords.
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:12:34 PM

They ll have a rating system on the platform? For tenant and landlord?
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:15:45 PM

but

A rating system would be ideal in order to discourage such incidence. This would be beneficial to both tenants and landlords respectively.

Really dont think a rating system will work for tenants, maybe for landlords. Let's say you rent a place, if you rent a place its for at least one year. So after 4 years you only have 4 ratings... if 1 is bad for a small reason landlords will not pick him because of just 1 bad rating in 4 years?

Its better only have rating system for landlords.
Yes, maybe the tenant can create many accounts for that.
And also this rating thing can't prevent it 100% accurate.

They ll have a rating system on the platform? For tenant and landlord?
Yes, thats what dev said before
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:23:16 PM

You could also simply use VPN to hide your real IP.

Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:27:44 PM

Its not so pertinent to have a rating system, but maybe this could be a future feature for the platform. But need some fix in comparaison of airbnb system or something like that. I'm impatient to see the platform work.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: