Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:02:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bank of Bitcoin- The World's Most Secure Bitcoin Service- Unhackable!  (Read 6826 times)
TheBankofBitcoin.com (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:51:04 AM

Hey there everyone, my name is Veronica Kearney and I am a Co-Founder of The Bank of Bitcoin. We are a group of philanthropists and investors who all believe that Bitcoin is the currency of the future. The Bank of Bitcoin was initially created for our own use, but we have now adapted it for use by the public (we will soon be adding Merchant Services). We believe that offering a convenient, unhackable way to store and access Bitcoins will result in greater public confidence in Bitcoin, and all the benefits that will bring. Our programmers have developed the most (and perhaps only) completely secure Bitcoin service in the world.

The Bank of Bitcoin provides a means to store your Bitcoins that is significantly safer and more convenient that storing them on your computer, or anywhere else.
To learn more, please visit: https://thebankofbitcoin.com

I want to quickly outline some important aspects that differentiates us from other Bitcoin banks in existence (i.e. Flexcoin). Many people don't trust these banks, and unfortunately have reasons not to. We resolve these trust issues by offering the Paper Vault.

Our Paper Vaults vs their "cold storage."
You may have seen other Bitcoin storage services out there that offer "cold storage". Essentially, you are trusting their employees to have access to your Private Key and to store and file your Private Key offline in some manner. You are forced to rely upon their honesty, and even then your Bitcoins are left vulnerable to the simple everyday human error of some stranger. Our Paper Vaults completely solve this problem by offering something more secure, reliable, and private. The Bank of Bitcoin does not have access to or store the Private Key to your Paper Vaults, but instead puts your Private Key in the hands it should be in - yours!

Our Paper Vaults are unhackable.
Even if the server is hacked or shut down, you would still have access to your Bitcoins in your Paper Vault. If you decide to use an online service that does not give you complete control of the Private Keys necessary to access your Bitcoins, there is always the possibility that the site can get hacked or shut down for any number of reasons (even by an unscrupulous site owner or employee) and your Bitcoins would be lost forever. This has happened many times to many Bitcoin services. We even allow you to create extra Bitcoin addresses. Multiple Bitcoin Addresses allow you to give a different Address to each person sending you Bitcoins, making it easier to keep track of who sent them and how many each person sent.

The Bank of Bitcoin provides solutions to Bitcoin's most troubling problems. Our Paper Vault Interface allows you to create and print pairs of Bitcoin Addresses and their associated Private Keys using client-side javascript on your own computer. You store your Paper Vault in any number of safe locations of your choice (your office, a safety deposit box, a personal safe, even under your bed, or all of the above!). You can spend your Bitcoins directly out of your Paper Vault, never transmitting your Private Keys over the Internet or storing them on our server. This means that no one can ever steal your Bitcoins by hacking our site, and because we don't have your Private Keys, even we can't access your Bitcoins! Furthermore, you can use your Paper Vault to spend your Bitcoins from any Internet-connected device, anywhere in the world. The Bank of Bitcoin sets the standard of both convenience and security. Come give us a try- you won't want to leave!

Veronica Kearney
CEO and Co-Founder
The Bank of Bitcoin
https://thebankofbitcoin.com
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:53:48 AM

Not a single bitcoin related website managed to be safe and how is your being different?
I don't give you 1 month before you or anyone who put his bitcoins there get compromised.
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 11:54:19 AM

With just one post its hard to ascertain your credability

ironcross360

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Troll of the Fourth Reich.

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:56:04 AM

No bank is secure.

Why are you just staring at this? Just send it! 1MHZjADM41ttjbPUiTPYWGYGm45XLf8ZeS
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:10:07 PM

Looks VERY VERY fishy  Roll Eyes

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:10:35 PM

I understand your concerns. We are just rolling this out, so excuse my lack of presence under this ID on this site. We have been members of this site for quite a while.

The Paper Vault is related to the "Paper Wallet".

This is from https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Paper_wallet
"When done properly, paper wallets are one of the safest ways possible to store Bitcoins."

The Bank of Bitcoin has custom-built a "Paper Vault" Interface- which is rooted in the same principles of the "Paper Wallet". The reason why other Bitcoin websites (including Gox, including BitFloor, including Flexcoin) are vulnerable to hacking is because they store your Private Keys on their servers. In fact, these services don't even give you your own Private Keys. They generate your Private Keys on their server side, and never send you or reveal to you your Private Keys. The Bank of Bitcoin allows you to generate your own Private Keys on your side, using client-side javascript. You are responsible for keeping your Private Keys safe, storing them in a safe physical location. For the Paper Vault to be most secure, you should never store your Private Keys on your computer. This is why we are having the problems with Bitcoin security we are having- storing them on computers or on servers.

Questions/concerns are welcome!
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:12:55 PM

The reason why other Bitcoin websites (including Gox, including BitFloor, including Flexcoin)
But NOT blockchain.info!

The Bank of Bitcoin allows you to generate your own Private Keys on your side, using client-side javascript
You just copied blockchain.info  Roll Eyes

hotwired007

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:25:42 PM

The reason why other Bitcoin websites (including Gox, including BitFloor, including Flexcoin)
But NOT blockchain.info!

The Bank of Bitcoin allows you to generate your own Private Keys on your side, using client-side javascript
You just copied blockchain.info  Roll Eyes

imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

This account was hacked & possibly sold during the period of August 1st and October 24th 2017.
Anything done or said in this period wasnt me.
Many thanks to Cyrus for his help restoring access to my account.

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:30:35 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2013, 10:52:59 PM by TheBankofBitcoin.com

We understand that when it comes to Bitcoin, there is no trust. I support your criticism and doubt, this is very healthy and what is needed here. That is exactly why the Paper Vault comes in handy. You don't have to trust us, or Gox, or our servers, or anyone else for that matter. We created this for our own investments before realizing how it could be helpful not only to other Bitcoiners, but to the stability and security and confidence in the currency itself.

We are looking to make Bitcoin more secure, all the time. The Paper Vault is the first step in that process.

Our interface is much smoother, convenient, and more accessible than blockchain.info. Blockchain gives you information about the history of your address, and BitAddress allows you to create Paper Wallets. We are actually a hybrid of these, and interface with blockchain.info. Among the conveniences we offer, the Paper Vault Interface means you don't have to access your Bitcoins from the same computer you stored them on. You can spend your Bitcoins from any internet-connected device, as long as you have your Private Key on you. Definitely didn't copy anything from blockchain, that's just a way to describe what's happening when you generate your own Private Keys using javascript. Furthermore, you do not need to run the Bitcoin client. Running Bitcoin software on your own computer or other device typically requires downloading the full Bitcoin "block chain". The block chain is the full history of all Bitcoin transactions which have occured since the inception of Bitcoin. This is currently about 7GB of data and growing quickly. Maintaining a full copy of the block chain requires an ever-increasing allocation of memory, and the constant downloading of new transactions makes it impractical (and essentially impossible for slower Internet connections).

Our solution is to download and store the block chain on our server. We use our memory and bandwith, thus freeing up your resources, making Bitcoin easily accessible to all.

We are trying to operate a service that inspires trust in Bitcoin as a currency, as well as in the service itself. I invite you to use tiny amount of Bitcoins to try it out, to see how it works, and to see that is does indeed work. The purpose of the Paper Vault is to make everyone sleep easy. Learning how to use Bitcoin securely- as well as conveniently- is essential to it's success.  
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:32:17 PM

Hello, Don. Why did you change your name to Veronica?  Huh
Illimensky

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:35:44 PM

Why wouldn't a cold wallet be way, way more secure than this?
ironcross360

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Troll of the Fourth Reich.

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:37:02 PM

Greyhawk you wanna try it out?

Why are you just staring at this? Just send it! 1MHZjADM41ttjbPUiTPYWGYGm45XLf8ZeS
greyhawk

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:40:32 PM

Greyhawk you wanna try it out?

If I wanted to sink BTC into a bottomless hole, I would rather put some coins into miningunited. At least there's a little bit of entertainment value there wagering when exactly the Ponzi goes BOOM!.

With this... thing.... not so much.

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:52:29 PM

Illimensky: You can't get any more secure than paper, which is exactly what is provided at The Bank of Bitcoin.

I wouldn't be here putting my name on this if this was some sort of scam, though being a skeptic and libertarian myself I understand. I'm not even sure how you could deduce "ponzi" from this, but. Not here to argue, but I will say this: I am not going anywhere, we are not going anywhere. The Bank of Bitcoin is not going anywhere. We are here to set the standard for security and convenience in this crazy world of Bitcoin.

Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:53:37 PM

unhackable

That's basically an invite for everyone to go and try it.

Actually, the side looks nice and this may be a services that is needed not for us (still the vast majority) here, but for "Mainstream" users that are overchallenged with properly securing their coins them self.

That the community is by now very skeptic of such services is actually a very healthy thing.

As always, don't give any BTC to such services that you can't afford to loose.

If you are still around in ~1 Year and did not close, get hacked or run with the Deposits you have, then you will have the necessary legitimacy.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
greyhawk

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:54:24 PM

I understand completely, Mr. Giannuzzi.

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:57:52 PM

Thanks Akka. We are here to stand the test of time.

Greyhawk, you can find me on Linkedin   Grin
greyhawk

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:02:02 PM

Thanks Akka. We are here to stand the test of time.

Greyhawk, you can find me on Linkedin   Grin

I know. I also totally approve of the direct progression from a 2 month stint as truck driver logistics intern to Bank CEO. It helps with the trustworthyness issues almost as much as the half naked party picture.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 01:03:09 PM

The only way to be 100% secure is to keep your keys/backups in a location ONLY YOU know about.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:04:02 PM

I wouldn't be here putting my name on this if this was some sort of scam, though being a skeptic and libertarian myself I understand. I'm not even sure how you could deduce "ponzi" from this, but. Not here to argue, but I will say this: I am not going anywhere, we are not going anywhere. The Bank of Bitcoin is not going anywhere. We are here to set the standard for security and convenience in this crazy world of Bitcoin.

When you say 'putting your name to this' - do you mean proving who you are?

If so, please provide your details so we can verify your claims.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: