Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:52:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get Bitcoin Cash from many wallet/software/services with Coinomi  (Read 21575 times)
Flat.E

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 04:12:45 PM

I think you did the right thing. There are other options for BCH besides Coinomi, and transferring BTC after the fork doesn't affect BCH

and then ...

Did you use qrcode like the first poster recommended? Coinomi says you can type a private key, but copying and pasting the letters didn't work for me.

No, I hadn't even seen this thread before I did what I did!  What I had read elsewhere was to transfer my BTC to Coinomi, then *uninstall* Electrum, and then as an added precaution to even delete the %APPDATA%\Electrum folder.  (Of course, I still have a backup of my old Electrum wallet file, plus its BTC addresses and private keys.)  So I didn't have Electrum any more to show its QR codes.  Would snapping a QR code somehow present a different private key to Coinomi than copying and pasting it???

The advice of moving one's BTC to Coinomi *before* trying to "sweep wallet" into BCH from the old addresses -- based on the fear of some malware on one's PC (I'm anti-virused up!) or the fear that Coinomi itself might do something malicious -- seems so far to me to be ill-advised.

When Coinomi says "This private key does not contain any funds", it's telling the truth -- of course there are no funds in it, I had just moved them!

I should have swept the wallet for all my Electrum BTC addresses containing Bitcoin *first*, *then* moved my funds, and then uninstalled Electrum, whatever.

What's obvious from this thread is that Electrum as the BTC "source wallet" is not the only issue, there seem to be multiple "source wallet" problems.  I'd venture that Coinomi being the only "destination wallet" problem is not exactly correct either...

There must be a way to get one's Bitcoin Cash from pre-fork Bitcoin addresses whose funds had been moved *after* the fork!
You did add a bch wallet too to coinomi, and swept your bch containing wallet from there, did you?
If you have an electrum seed you can put that in electron, and claim your bch. http://www.electroncash.org/

In Electrum, after moving your BTC to a save other wallet, go to wallet-private keys-export, save the key,
Now in electroncash: file-new/restore, to the right of the wallet name suggestion click "choose" and pick the key you saved from the Electrum wallet before.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
faitaccompli

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 05:36:37 PM

Coinomi seems to be having problems at the moment. I did a series of transfers a few days ago, transferring BCH from blockchain.info imported addresses to Coinomi, and from Coinomi to another wallet. It worked perfectly and quickly at that time.

Today I tried to claim the rest of the BCH using exactly the same method and immediately Coinomi started showing some really buggy behaviour:
After I scanned the private key QR code of an imported address with Coinomi, I got a white screen, then the Coinomi app went back to the 'balance' page, where it shows 0 balance.

Im checking Blockchair.com and I can see that the BCH balance in the address I was transferring from hasnt changed. The BCH are still there (at this stage... im keeping a close eye on that).

But Coinomi just seems to be not working.

The process Im using is as follows:

-login to Blockchain.info wallet > settings > addresses
-Under 'imported addresses' click on the more options at right > view private key.
-Scan the private key QR code with Coinomi.

Previously this worked flawlessly. The BCH would show up in Coinomi quickly and from there I could transfer it elsewhere.

Now Coinomi craps out when I scan a QR code of an imported address that I know has BCH funds in it.
If I scan an empty address, I get a message saying address contains 0 balance.. So that works as it should. It just seems to shit itself if it scans a wallet that has funds?

Interesting, exact same thing happened to me with an imported address with the white screen and transfer not going through. Checking on a bcc block explorer shows that the bcc is still at the (imported) address so at least it's not like they're stealing it. But you're saying that few days ago, you were able to successfully claim BCC from a b.info imported address?

farfie

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:00:37 PM

So I as well attempted to sweep my private key from Electrum(Windows) into Coinomi(Android) to get my BCH.
Followed the instructions, and it seemed to go through just fine. I had some coins under Receiving, and under a Change address. I sweeped both of those, and Coinomi didnt throw any errors, nor did it say it was empty or anything like that. It loaded, said it was creating a transaction, and seemed to finish, taking me back to the main screen of the BCH wallet. But no transaction was created, nor do I have any more BCH. Some people here said to try expanding the Used addresses section, and sweeping that. Electrum said it was empty, with 2 Tx, but I tried anyway. Coinomi then said it was empty as well, with an error. Seems to make sense.

But I still have nothing. Of course, I just did it. Maybe it takes time? I will post again later if anything happens.
JelksC

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:10:52 PM

So I as well attempted to sweep my private key from Electrum(Windows) into Coinomi(Android) to get my BCH.
Followed the instructions, and it seemed to go through just fine. ...

Did you still have your BTC in your Windows Electrum when you tried this?
farfie

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:39:49 PM

Yes.

Everything seemed to work as expected, no errors, no weird things from the source wallet, nothing. Only, I don't have my BCH in Coinomi either. Not sure what to think at this point.
AirlieBeachBoy

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 12:42:22 AM

Coinomi seems to be having problems at the moment. I did a series of transfers a few days ago, transferring BCH from blockchain.info imported addresses to Coinomi, and from Coinomi to another wallet. It worked perfectly and quickly at that time.

Today I tried to claim the rest of the BCH using exactly the same method and immediately Coinomi started showing some really buggy behaviour:
After I scanned the private key QR code of an imported address with Coinomi, I got a white screen, then the Coinomi app went back to the 'balance' page, where it shows 0 balance.

Im checking Blockchair.com and I can see that the BCH balance in the address I was transferring from hasnt changed. The BCH are still there (at this stage... im keeping a close eye on that).

But Coinomi just seems to be not working.

The process Im using is as follows:

-login to Blockchain.info wallet > settings > addresses
-Under 'imported addresses' click on the more options at right > view private key.
-Scan the private key QR code with Coinomi.

Previously this worked flawlessly. The BCH would show up in Coinomi quickly and from there I could transfer it elsewhere.

Now Coinomi craps out when I scan a QR code of an imported address that I know has BCH funds in it.
If I scan an empty address, I get a message saying address contains 0 balance.. So that works as it should. It just seems to shit itself if it scans a wallet that has funds?

Interesting, exact same thing happened to me with an imported address with the white screen and transfer not going through. Checking on a bcc block explorer shows that the bcc is still at the (imported) address so at least it's not like they're stealing it. But you're saying that few days ago, you were able to successfully claim BCC from a b.info imported address?
Yes exactly, a few days ago it worked fine. I was able to claim BCC from several b.info imported addresses by scanning the private key QR code. At that time Coinomi reported the correct balance of of each address, and I was able to claim it and then send it on from Coinomi to another address. Now the same process doesn't work.

Blockchain.info has now announced they will support BCC, so I'm hoping they will provide a way to claim BCC from imported addresses (not just from b.info wallet addresses). I'm planning to leave my unclaimed BCC where it is and wait to see what options b.info provides. I actually messaged their support to ask if they would provide a way to claim BCC from imported addresses, but their response gave nothing away. They just told me that BCC support was in development and they had nothing else to announce publicly at this time.

JelksC

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 12:54:12 AM

Yes.

Everything seemed to work as expected, no errors, no weird things from the source wallet, nothing. Only, I don't have my BCH in Coinomi either. Not sure what to think at this point.

Hmm.  Well that at least explains why your "sweep wallet" at least appeared to work in your case -- your Electrum wallet had the BTC funds in it.  Mine didn't even *appear* to work, because I had read to move my BTC funds to a "safe wallet" *first* (Coinomi in my case).  So the BCH sweep (naturally) complained when I put in the private keys of my old BTC addresses that had had the funds in Electrum a few minutes earlier but now no longer did.

So you have a completely different issue -- you did the BCH sweep wallet using your still visible and current BTC pre-fork addresses, it appeared to work, and yet you can't see any BCH in your Coinomi wallet.  Right?

I might suggest opening a support ticket with Coinomi on your issue, but then again, the ticket I opened with them on my problem has as of now been being processed for 3 days and 22 hours -- with no comment, reply, no nothing.

I'm guessing they're dealing with a tsunami of support tickets from a) people who had moved their BTC funds to a "safe wallet" before attempting to sweep them into BCH (like me and several others I've seen in this thread), and b) people who who still had their BTC funds in their Electrum (or other) wallet), the sweeping appears to work, yet no BCH is visible in the BCH wallet (like yourself)...
farfie

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 01:37:10 AM

you did the BCH sweep wallet using your still visible and current BTC pre-fork addresses, it appeared to work, and yet you can't see any BCH in your Coinomi wallet.  Right?

Correct. Everything seems to work, nothing happens weird on any software, be it the electrum wallet or coinomi. Only, no BCH shows up anywhere.
I think I'll just take the electron cash route soon. Moving coins to a safe wallet, then importing the electrum seed to electron cash. Seems to be the most reliable way, even though I wanted to stay away from Electron cash if possible.
JelksC

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:49:10 PM

you did the BCH sweep wallet using your still visible and current BTC pre-fork addresses, it appeared to work, and yet you can't see any BCH in your Coinomi wallet.  Right?

Correct. Everything seems to work, nothing happens weird on any software, be it the electrum wallet or coinomi. Only, no BCH shows up anywhere.
I think I'll just take the electron cash route soon. Moving coins to a safe wallet, then importing the electrum seed to electron cash. Seems to be the most reliable way, even though I wanted to stay away from Electron cash if possible.

Cheesy Cheesy BINGO! BINGO! BINGO!  Cheesy Cheesy

I had been avoiding Electron Cash after the warnings I had read a few weeks back, but I had already moved all my BTC from Electrum to a new Coinomi address and had completely uninstalled Electrum, so since there was apparently no way to access my BCH in Coinomi, what was there to lose?  So I installed Electron Cash (make sure you *only* download it from http://www.electroncash.org/), chose the default install path, used my old Electrum wallet backup, and there it ALL is!!!!!   BCH magically appeared.  I sent .02 BCH to my Coinomi BCH address.  Yep, it's there.  It was fast too.

No "Sweep wallet" BS with fruitlessly attempting every private key associated with my old Electrum addresses that had pre-fork BTC.  Just installed Electron Cash, put in my password with which I had protected the old Electrum wallet, and there was *all* my BCH, showing all my old BTC transactions.  Very cool.  Only thing I changed was the display from "mBCC" to "BCC" (under Preferences, Appearance).

So a BIG thumbs up to Electron Cash, and a big BOO to Coinomi (who still hasn't responded to my open ticket in now 4 days and 14 hours, I think I'll just close it, maybe with a link to this post...).

I'm happy now.  I hope this helps some other folks here!   Cheesy
HostFat (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 01:08:42 AM

https://github.com/fyookball/electrum/issues/150#issuecomment-325227868

Instructions to recover your Bitcoin Cash from your TrustedCoin 2FA Bitcoin wallet (by DarkLordGMS)

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
Greenleed

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:15:06 AM

I am using multibit classic 0.5.19 which I can export the private key in text. I think I do not need to download wallet-key-tool the file from github and only need to download the  tool on Windows to make a qrcode from the text private keys: https://sourceforge.net/projects/zint/
Correct?  For answer which lead me to successful claim the BCC, I will reward 0.05 bitcoin, please leave your bitcoin address.
cyberpitstop

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:35:00 PM

So is this dead now?? I tried to import a couple privkeys over to Coinomi to claim my BCH and got nothing.  Angry Angry
cyberpitstop

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 06:03:33 PM

Do we still need to change that derivation address M/44H bla bla bla?HuhHuhHuhHuh? I thought this was the best route to get the BCH and now I cant seem to get any of it to work.
farfie

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:02:15 PM

As a follow up to all my previous posts, it seems as though Coinomi pushed an update on the Play Store (today? last week?), and everything works as it should now. I once again attempted to split my coins using the OP's method, and after the update, it has worked with no problems. The BCH are split successfully in to my Android Coinomi wallet, and the Bitcoin in my Electrum wallet is still there. Yes, I imported my keys without moving them first. Here to report that everything is fine now. It seems there was a bug causing things to not be imported properly, until today, I suppose. I tried again right after Coinomi updated, and everything worked as explained.
faitaccompli

Activity: 186

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 09:47:35 PM

Yes looks like the new update for Coinomi fixed a lot of issues. You can now claim BCC from imported addresses in your blockchain.info wallet. Just claimed the last of mine  Smiley

Flat.E

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:12:51 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2017, 09:07:10 AM by Flat.E

I am using multibit classic 0.5.19 which I can export the private key in text. I think I do not need to download wallet-key-tool the file from github and only need to download the  tool on Windows to make a qrcode from the text private keys: https://sourceforge.net/projects/zint/
Correct?  For answer which lead me to successful claim the BCC, I will reward 0.05 bitcoin, please leave your bitcoin address.
You can try with electroncash from http://www.electroncash.org/
Always get your BTC out of the wallet you are going to sweep first.
Windows:
In electroncash:  tab wallet - private keys - sweep - enter priv. key - leave address unchanged - next etcetera
I used the wallet key tool myself to do this by the way, so you might want to use that too if the above does not work. I used both front page tools from an off-line computer, no problem.
Android:
In coinomi make a bitcoin cash wallet, when in it click the 3 dots top right and sweep wallet, enter priv key etc.
The qr maker link was dead when I tried it 3 weeks back, seems alive now, so I can't comment on that, but if you can make a qr of your priv key with it, you can sweep that the same way in coinomi by clicking the qr icon next to the text field, it will open your camera to scan.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10221

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:40:47 PM

Yes, your BCH are there. Totally forgot, your electroncash is updating to the current block hight, right? Connected to electroncash.caschilla or another BCH node?

It looks like the block height is current to me.  480233  - same in the application and on the BCH blockchain.

Really, I do not believe that my electron cash is updating.  I think that it is showing currently what it believes to be BCH addresses connected with my 12 seeds.

Actually, I decided to reload my ledger and to attempt to get the BCH off of the one address that shows on there, so I was able to send the BCH from one of the 33 addresses.  1 down 32 to go. 

Maybe the easiest way would be to figure out how I could get my ledger to recognize the other 32 addresses that have BCH in them?

Unless there is a way to get electron cash to recognize those addresses with BCH in them?

I believe that I forgot to post an update in this thread.  I had recovered my BCH about a week ago, and I posted about it here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2059111.msg21154771#msg21154771

The punchline is that I had to create a new wallet for every single bitcoin account that I had on Blockchain.info in order to verify and claim the BCH through electron cash.

I had 57 addresses, and 33 of them had BCH on them.  I just checked every address, just to be sure about it and to make sure that I did not miss any address.  It took me about 3 hours to create a new wallet for every address and I used copy and paste a lot, especially for putting in the 12 word key for each wallet that I created.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
cyberpitstop

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:18:06 PM

I apologize if this has already been asked but....If I delete the addresses associated with those private keys so they are never used again, then move my bitcoins back to my original wallet will that be ok or do I need a whole new bitcoin wallet???
TIA
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10221

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 06:03:39 PM

I apologize if this has already been asked but....If I delete the addresses associated with those private keys so they are never used again, then move my bitcoins back to my original wallet will that be ok or do I need a whole new bitcoin wallet???
TIA

You need to create a whole new wallet because the private keys are associated with the old wallet and all addresses that fall under the old wallet, so even if you create new addresses, your security and/or privacy would be vulnerable by using the old wallet.

I don't think that it is a good idea to delete old addresses or to forget how to access your old wallet - because you should be able to access the old wallet for a couple of reasons: 1) in case value gets sent to any of the addresses under the control of the old wallet, or 2) in case you need to access the old wallet or addresses to view historical transactions or to prove your ownership.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
grantycoiner

Activity: 212

Follow ME : @EllenDonley

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:44:23 PM

How do I get bitcoin cash from old muitbit wallet 0.5.18 it did have bitcoin in on the fork date

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: