Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:20:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinlab RATS Gox out to the feds  (Read 2703 times)
shad0wbitz (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 06:25:42 PM

Not incredibly difficult to figure out: Mutum Sigilum has been used to funnel Dwolla in and out of Japan for years now. Isn't it convinient that just a few weeks (or maybe not even a week?) from Coinlab lawsuit GOX gets this?

Coinlab agreement was precisely to handle US customers under a more legit frame. How convenient the Feds do this just now!

People will say I am a crazy conspiracy theorist. Think what you will. There is a smoking gun and it points out to Coinlab.

DISCLAIMER: I could give two shits about GOX, and CoinLab. I don't like either. What sucks is that this is going to put a serious dent on Bitcoin after these news are digested fully.

GOX SUX COX!
The true faces of the Bitcoinica / Intersango SCAM! - Bitcoin was born in the shad0ws, for the shad0ws.
maqifrnswa

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:34:37 PM

I don't think it's too much of a leap to think that. Although I wouldn't call it a smoking gun, just something that appears to convenient to be pure coincidence.
Stampbit

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:44:42 PM

What better way to win a court case than to give your opponent a criminal record.
yokosan

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:51:52 PM

What better way to win a court case than to give your opponent a criminal record.

I like it.
Brushan

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:02:41 PM

I believe this too. It's just funny how Coinlabs CEO is the chairman of the Bitcoin Foundation and does this. I mean, wasn't it enough to sue them? Now you want to put Mark in jail?
cointoss

Activity: 92

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:11:19 PM

Don't forget that there are probably a LOT of people with a LOT of money who are very pissed at Mt Gox for the constant market crashing. It's so obvious that their bumbling has hurt Bitcoin short term.

QQCoin: QQSRP5u9yL7KtDAsGX7XmQ6QxHiA7BCGAv    doge: D8yy1FW5FdkoFCQP1nQeWGKX3ugcbegpJD

BTC: 15ExWcdDN38o852bC2jBEuC5igqp8gdtAK             EAC: eV9qafrM8uGaNzbvLXRCVVXkmmysUv7fud
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:40:19 PM

Not true.  The DHS started the investigation last year - long before the merger was discussed.
Zeke_Vermillion

Activity: 94

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:42:15 PM

I doubt it. I don't have any inside info, but this looks to me like a perfectly ordinary unlicensed MSB prosecution in the works.
DrKennethNoisewater

Activity: 125

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:43:50 PM

Not true.  The DHS started the investigation last year - long before the merger was discussed.

Yes, Yes, I am sure glad that DHS is keeping us safe from the evil terrorists.......LOL they are so considerate........
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:45:42 PM

Coinlabs CEO is the chairman of the Bitcoin Foundation
Wait what?

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Jobe7

Activity: 238

Now they are thinking what to do with me

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:56:47 PM

Both sit on the Bitcoin Foundation Board, the CEO of Coinlab is the Director of the board.

Now, for those that don't see these things often, it isn't a big deal. Board members from various organisations often go at it like this, its better than pulling out a gun Wink

They both want the best for bitcoin, and its a 'contract issue', at the most, it will bring a lot of attention to bitcoin, especially because coinlab have hired lawyers from one of the top US law firms. But basically, it looks like a 'shaking fist' moment, and will probably get sorted out of court.

If you look at the details you can't blame coinlab for getting fed-up waiting whilst losing a lot of business, and then on the other side mtgox was suffering from lots of ddos attacks and massive influx of new bitcoiners whilst trying to sort their shizzle out with coinlab.

And though they both sit on the board, it doesn't effect the Bitcoin Foundation. Coinlab vs MtGox is a contract issue, the Foundation only has Bitcoin at heart.

And let's be honest, a bunch of lawyers and the attention Bitcoin gets from this is along the lines of "Whats all that fuss about? What is worth a $75 million lawsuit?" (which was a typo apparently, but don't quote me on that, not 100% sure) "What has got the attention of one of the US's biggest/best law firms?" .. "What is this Bitcoin?"
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:28:29 PM

Not incredibly difficult to figure out: Mutum Sigilum has been used to funnel Dwolla in and out of Japan for years now. Isn't it convinient that just a few weeks (or maybe not even a week?) from Coinlab lawsuit GOX gets this?

Coinlab agreement was precisely to handle US customers under a more legit frame. How convenient the Feds do this just now!

People will say I am a crazy conspiracy theorist. Think what you will. There is a smoking gun and it points out to Coinlab.

DISCLAIMER: I could give two shits about GOX, and CoinLab. I don't like either. What sucks is that this is going to put a serious dent on Bitcoin after these news are digested fully.

Let's be fair before accusing entire corporate entities of being rats. If MtGox were raided by Japanese authorities I highly doubt people would be claiming "MtGox rates out Coinlab to Japanese authorities". I mean honestly, as if they'd be given some kind of choice? The authorities don't need you to rat anything out, they just raid in public and make a scene or search you secretly, and when they collect enough evidence they move in.
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:29:37 PM

Both sit on the Bitcoin Foundation Board, the CEO of Coinlab is the Director of the board.

Now, for those that don't see these things often, it isn't a big deal. Board members from various organisations often go at it like this, its better than pulling out a gun Wink

They both want the best for bitcoin, and its a 'contract issue', at the most, it will bring a lot of attention to bitcoin, especially because coinlab have hired lawyers from one of the top US law firms. But basically, it looks like a 'shaking fist' moment, and will probably get sorted out of court.

If you look at the details you can't blame coinlab for getting fed-up waiting whilst losing a lot of business, and then on the other side mtgox was suffering from lots of ddos attacks and massive influx of new bitcoiners whilst trying to sort their shizzle out with coinlab.

And though they both sit on the board, it doesn't effect the Bitcoin Foundation. Coinlab vs MtGox is a contract issue, the Foundation only has Bitcoin at heart.

And let's be honest, a bunch of lawyers and the attention Bitcoin gets from this is along the lines of "Whats all that fuss about? What is worth a $75 million lawsuit?" (which was a typo apparently, but don't quote me on that, not 100% sure) "What has got the attention of one of the US's biggest/best law firms?" .. "What is this Bitcoin?"

This is not the kind of attention Bitcoin needs. Bitcoin needs (price of Bitcoin up 1000%.)
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:30:02 PM

Jobe7: I'm sure it's all just jolly fun when you have board meetings and the dude across you on the table is threatening to bankrupt you with a 75 mill dollar lawsuit. I'm sure you eat biscuits and have some cups of tea, and all just have a good laugh and do high fives before going off to the bar. It's a contractual issue between two companies for sure, has nothing to do with the Bitcoin Foundation, where Mark and Vess are the greatest buddies and pat each others backs..
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:48:45 PM

Thanks

Bitcoin needs (price of Bitcoin up 1000%.)
Certainly not

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Koekiemonster

Activity: 321

Bitbuy.nl!

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:51:10 PM

What better way to win a court case realizing there are no funds left after getting their funds seized..?!

https://www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
Bitcointalk topic over Bitbuy!
cosurgi

Activity: 298

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:27:29 PM

Coinlabs CEO is the chairman of the Bitcoin Foundation
Wait what?
+1

Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:30:45 PM

I'm going to lean toward trusting Coinlab on this one. Gox is a screwed up exchange and I am not surprised at all by their alleged breach of contract. I really wanted that to work. Heck, Mt Gox has 500 errors on a day with volume as minuscule as today?

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
luv2drnkbr

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 03:14:19 AM

What sucks is that this is going to put a serious dent on Bitcoin after these news are digested fully.

This isn't going to touch bitcoin at all.  Everybody with money in Gox is going to BUY bitcoin so they can transfer it out in order to make sure their funds don't get seized, then move to another exchange and continue daytrading.  Any loss fromt he news is absorbed byt he panic-buy of funds-protection.  Let alone the fact that bitcoin sees shit like this every other day.  I repeat, this won't touch bitcoin at all.

oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 03:30:50 AM

I'm going to lean toward trusting Coinlab on this one. Gox is a screwed up exchange and I am not surprised at all by their alleged breach of contract. I really wanted that to work. Heck, Mt Gox has 500 errors on a day with volume as minuscule as today?

Sure, Coinlab haven't failed at anything, because they haven't done anything.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: