Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:27:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you explain Bitcoin or crypto to complete newcomer  (Read 3250 times)
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:39:40 PM

So I've been involved in Bitcoin and crypto for about 5 months now and just about everyone I tell about it being friends and family most have never heard of it or the few that have they have no understanding of it so I was just curious into how others explain it all to total newcomers is their a webpage or video you may show for an easy understanding to explain it all ? Whenever I give my explanation it seems to go way over their head  Roll Eyes Cheers
In my own words I would describe bitcoin as that form of money, that serves two functions as money and as an investment. So you see, having bitcoin gives you an edge over someone holding a $5 note. However if you have $5 worth of bitcoin today, it could get to $1 tomorrow, however it could get $10, that’s where the uncertainty comes in.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Raven91

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:45:47 PM

So I've been involved in Bitcoin and crypto for about 5 months now and just about everyone I tell about it being friends and family most have never heard of it or the few that have they have no understanding of it so I was just curious into how others explain it all to total newcomers is their a webpage or video you may show for an easy understanding to explain it all ? Whenever I give my explanation it seems to go way over their head  Roll Eyes Cheers
I explain bitcoin or cryptocurrency to complete newcomer through sharing my experiences and how I earned a lot of money using this stuffs.I am explaining things in the most practical way that they will understand it comprehensively.
unneros

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:49:00 PM

Frist i prove to them bitcoin is real money ! I show them my bills ! My earning from bitcoin ! Then i show them bitcoin price now ! They can see how much does 1 coin cost ! Then i show them the easiet way to earn bitcoin ! If they interesting in bitcoin and you ! You can teach them to trade bitcoin !show them this bitcointalk forum ! Also talk about his or her dream ! Bitcoin is a thing hat easily make his or her dreams come true ! So they will very interesting in you ! Or you can give them some little bitcoin ! Teach them  to trade ! They earn first money ! They will happy and follow you !
dali_masmoudi

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:52:25 PM

I will define it by a virtual currency which is making a change and a mess at the same time in the global economy.
It costs now around 4k dollars and it is raising more and more, so hurry up and buy some.
FasTroy

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 10:07:59 PM

I will define it by a virtual currency which is making a change and a mess at the same time in the global economy.
It costs now around 4k dollars and it is raising more and more, so hurry up and buy some.
I think this idea for define the cryptocurrency to a digital currency it will be more clear for the newcomer in this community. We always should choose the simplest words to explain any news topic to peoples, because they will be more interessed if they start understand what you said, and after that you can start to explain all keywords, and the advantage of uses of bitcoin.

Paid Piper

Activity: 329
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:48:10 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2017, 12:25:31 AM by Paid Piper

to me i already explaining bitcoin in my ares to newcomers and to my friends also. in very beginning the response of the peole was not as good but now they have started taking interest there. hope that the interest of the people will continue increasing for a long time. because still only 1% people only know about bitcoin but its number is increasing continuously.
Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:56:45 PM

to me i already explaining bitcoin in my ares to newcomers and to my friends also. in very beginning the response of the peole was not as good but now they have started taking interest there. hope that the interest of the people will continue increasing for a long time.

Its little bit hard to explain it to newcomers as they find it complicated at primary stage so we should keep things simple and teach them the basics of bitcoins instead of showing them the technical aspects of bitcoins as when I showed my friends how I am earning from signature campaign they easily agreed to work on it as they found it the most easiest way to earn money.
StonedWolf

Activity: 308
Merit: 120

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 12:18:47 AM

I will define it by the currency of the future, and the shortest road for being wealth !
The currency which has exceeded all  the limits by her value and which canceled all the predictions on her lifetime.

0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 351

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 12:20:45 AM

Well I explained to them that I earn money with Bitcoin and show them my wallet. Grin It is really hard for them to understand if you will tell them word by word since it might annoy them and lost their interest. That happened with my friends before I give them ideas about Bitcoin but non of them got interested but when I posted my screenshot of my wallet with my Bitcoin balance on "my day" feature on messenger they started to ask me how did I do that and they are now asking me to teach them. That's the only way I can prove to people without knowledge about cryptocurrency most especially Bitcoin. It sounds funny but it is 100% working for me.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
s0beit

Activity: 556

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 12:39:02 AM

My friend never explain to me about bitcoin and crypto he teach me how to make wallet of bitcoin and gave me link about bitcoin. I'm study on my own also about trading i search it and i learned some and i want to learn more by searching and self study.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:06:38 AM

if anyone asks what is bitcoin or cryptocurrency i first assess them, if they are really interested with the subject or not, because most people in my country doesn't understand what bitcoin really is, most people who asks me, tend to just fool around and say it is just a scam it is of no value, it is just network marketing, wherein they will need to cash out, in order to obtain bitcoin. I first advise them to check the history of bitcoin and how it came about and if they are really willing to have a venture in the crypto world, I advise them to download an app, that when you load it with fiat, you can convert it bitcoin anytime, then I advise them to download a desktop wallet or buy and external hard drive to download the wallet or go online to buy a USB wallet, I don't advise them paper wallet, since they are new. after that, I explain to them why bitcoin is great, even though there a lot of cryptocurrencies out there, one friend of mine even ask he wanted to but the billion coin, I advised not to since it is purely a ponzi scam. I also advise them to not be greedy since there are a lot of scam sites, wanting to take their bitcoins, so they must not give away their key nor wallet address to anyone online, unless they trust the person they are in transaction with. then lastly I advise them to join the forum, to read first everything so they will understand more cryptocurrency, since it is much different from banks.
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:21:53 AM

Hmm for me, first i will explain to them the definition or meaning of bitcoin. But of course, till that point, most of them still don't understand. So, i add explanation with the examples. So they can understand more. And then, tell how it works, what we need to do, what should and shouldn't we do, and in the end, ask them to try. But, we need to guide them here so they're not lost. If we practice it, it will help them to understand more rather than explaining. Or maybe, we can ask them to watch us when we're earning money in bitcoin, selling our btc and something else.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Nasty23

Activity: 736

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:26:19 AM

Hmm for me, first i will explain to them the definition or meaning of bitcoin. But of course, till that point, most of them still don't understand. So, i add explanation with the examples. So they can understand more. And then, tell how it works, what we need to do, what should and shouldn't we do, and in the end, ask them to try. But, we need to guide them here so they're not lost. If we practice it, it will help them to understand more rather than explaining. Or maybe, we can ask them to watch us when we're earning money in bitcoin, selling our btc and something else.
Yes it's a good idea that we should give them our own ideas about bitcoins and give some proof that bitcoin is a  good way to earn money because of that they may become curious and start their own journey in bitcoin.

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:43:04 AM

I first explain that our world is now on a era where the technologies is one of the game changer and the one we are going to use in the future and we should be learning the different kinds of technologies from computers, cellphones up to the currency and if they will ask what do i mean in currency then i will introduce bitcoin to them and why it is best to get into it while it is not too late and after that i will explain the simple things how bitcoin works and what are the benefits that we might get in having bitcoin.
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:40:23 AM

Each and every individual has their own way of explaining bitcoin and other currencies to a complete newbie. I usually start by asking if you have heard of bitcoin, I understand that a slight understanding of bitcoin, might give you a slight understanding of what cryptocurrencies are. I would explain bitcoin and the fact that it has so much value, and finally that there are altcoins as well. I will only tell you that and further recommend you read and research for yourself.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
n4poleon

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 06:14:42 AM

It's quite easy really. However, it depends how savy the people you're trying to teach are. If they have no background on whatsoever like the concept of what money is and how it works then the harder it is, so you may have to teach them first what "money" is, maybe a history. While savy people are way easier to teach. Knowing your audience maybe the key. In this way, you'll how much information you needed to inject them.
GeniusAko

Activity: 434
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 06:18:44 AM

It is really hard to explain the bitcoin and the cryptocurrency to the people who doesn't aware about that. I experienced that when I explained the bitcoin to my friend. I explained to him to how the bitcoin works and what is it, when I finished explained it he replied to me "huh?" and "I did not get it". It is not easy to explain the bitcoin.
Tron Foundation

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:14:52 AM

It can be tough to explain for sure. I have gone into talking about how there is a private key and a public key, where you can put money on a public key but need access to a private key for holding that info.

I have also gone into how the keys are a very unique string of characters that is impossible to hack, so it is very secure.

As well as how there is a distributed ledger that allows for transaction verification and makes it impossible to hack because all have to be hacked at once, and the blockchain is where things start from.

But I know what you mean - it is hard to explain to people.

Having an idea of the blockchain is probably a good place to start. As blockchain becomes more and more prominent it will be interesting to see how information is conveyed.
geniabelty

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:19:36 AM

Normally, I tend to explain Bitcoin based on my own understanding. In this way I could easily explain to them how does Bitcoin works. Also, I do show them some articles in which supports my explanations. Though, you must be prepared on the feedback you can get from your audience. Not all will easily understand your stand, and not all people will accept Bitcoin like you do. It will really take time for you to teach Bitcoin from scratch.

Zalfa_mui

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:55:58 AM

yes it's very difficult to explain bitcoin in beginner, many don't understand .. better explain simple and easy to understand ,, example ,, bitcoin is digital currency and price fluctuaktif, and in it we can sell and buy, buy cheap prices and sell when prices are high

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: