Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:11:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MANA]Decentraland Tokenized VIrtual Reality with Open Standards  (Read 78625 times)
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:41:12 PM

Seriously? Because something is down it's automatically considered a scam? And you posting a picture is supposed to be your proof? Yikes.  Roll Eyes I can make a picture too, you know?  Wink

Anyway, I think it's a good time to buy because things will be going up soon I think.
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:53:45 PM

I noticed that you have already sold over 70k parcels of land and have over 3k participants and that you are working on the Iron Age. That's pretty big progress so far. In short, how is the iron age going? When is it due to be released? I think this is the one milestone I'm most excited about.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
Crypto_Man1212

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:14:32 PM

Does anyone have much experience with the newly launched CLI editor for Decentraland? I was about to begin using it. I was wondering if Python3 is compatible or just Python 2.7?
deeltje

Activity: 486
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:01:39 PM

Does anyone have much experience with the newly launched CLI editor for Decentraland? I was about to begin using it. I was wondering if Python3 is compatible or just Python 2.7?

Typically Python 2.7 and Python 3 aren't compatible. In this case, I'm not entirely sure. I suppose that depends on the source code. I have messed around with the CLI editor and honestly, it's pretty neat. You can actually even test before you ever upload the scene (make sure you have IPFS that installed prior to uploading). Let me know if you have any trouble. Hopefully someone has tried with Python 2.7 and can answer your question.
okspam

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:32:24 PM

Where can I find the most recent news about Decentraland? I'm curious how development is going and what sort of things are in progress. The roadmap is helpful, but only so much Smiley
H. Veron

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:38:50 PM

Of course from FOMO everyone's selling their altcoins and rushing into Bitcoin to ride the wave and sure enough, it was hitting the moon. Meanwhile, MANA coin by Decentraland was also rising so that caught my attention. After doing some research I realized that it is in essence a replica of "Second Life". What makes it "decentralized?" Who knows? From reading the whitepaper, I wasn't able to gain any insight as to how this differs from Second Life. It boasts that users can "create" their own products or services, well Second Life offers that as well. Is this "virtual" land decentralized? Honestly, I can't tell you that they are because that information is simply not given to us.
earthcoin

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 05:36:12 PM

I'm curious of the roadmap for the next few months. What are the developers concentrating on at the moment?

I've been following this project pretty closely and I'm still really interested in how the development process is going. Is there a list of features that you are in progress of adding and ones that you have added but are still testing? Are you in need of more developers on your team?

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
GoBelle

Activity: 512
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:55:57 PM

This project is unique and I still have a question. Why did you decide to use tokens for this project and what is the advantage?
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:58:14 PM

With this project, will users be able to drive the direction of Decentraland? For example, can users set up games to play with other users on land? Or rent out land for a time? Maybe even have quests and things to keep users entertained?
_Crypto101

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:41:58 AM

This is not an unique project. This is just a Minecraft with blockchain. Developers - is a fraudsters. Scam 100% is coming soon.

You said that everething is down. This is not true. (Taken at 05.02.2018).

https://b.radikal.ru/b28/1802/21/e9743348afd6.png

Are you serious? This is the dumbest comment I have read today...

From all the sh*tcoins, with close to zero volume there are always some to pump, look at all the graphs [do not limit yourself to 24h ;-) but look at januari i.e.] of the top 250, they are almost all downward...

How would this be a scam? They put time and effort in releasing the CLI, which does work. When the editor will be live, people will start developing their land.

Why is it decentralized?

1. LAND owners can do whatever they want on their land, no restrictions (besides maybe district land)
2. No need to pay a centralized company for ingame credits, or cash outs, it is all possible in the free market

You need more reasons?
ANDREW 555

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:04:40 PM

Decentraland Seoul Meetup, South Korea (February 06 10:00 UTC)
https://coindar.org/en/event/decentraland-mana-decentraland-seoul-meetup-south-korea-3010
Crypto_Man1212

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:47:55 PM

With this project, will users be able to drive the direction of Decentraland? For example, can users set up games to play with other users on land? Or rent out land for a time? Maybe even have quests and things to keep users entertained?

From my understanding, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, it seems like users are able to drive what happens in this world. They are able to do what they want on their own land. If a subset of users want to set up games / quests / whatever, on their own land, then there is no restriction. It's just up to them to get it going. I think that's one thing about this project that I really like is that the sky is the limit.

celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:26:57 PM

This is not an unique project. This is just a Minecraft with blockchain. Developers - is a fraudsters. Scam 100% is coming soon.

You said that everething is down. This is not true. (Taken at 05.02.2018).

Meanwhile, ETH went from .19BTC to .10 BTC in less than a month. We are experiencing Q1 lows. Things will be back up. That's how the market works.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 05:40:06 PM

I'm beginning to follow this project because I find it pretty interesting. I'm glad to see that you guys just released a new CLI editing tool that allows users to create/edit/upload scenes to Decentraland parcels. This is a huge step, congrats! I plan to get started with it later today.

I know many people aren't comfortable with CLI so I am curious if you plan on coming out with a GUI for users?

Still wondering about this as I think it will provide users with a more intuitive experience!

vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:54:21 AM

Decentrascam

i checked you post. and you are like a doge that barks and will never bites (will have a real point). please stop making so mich noise for nothing in all the topics you are visiting.
Tonisim

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:43:55 AM

Decentraland Project Updates — February 5th

News and updates from the Decentraland project

Visiting the Bay Area
We’ve recently returned from a very exciting trip to San Francisco where we met with several leaders in VR and crypto. Most notably, we gave a talk at a Google-hosted crypto meetup, and we’ve joined with the 0x Project and IDEO’s CoLab in supporting ERC821 as the standard for non-fungible tokens. There is a growing demand for distinguishable digital assets, so it is increasingly important for the NFT community to come together in support of standards. We also had the opportunity to meet with the HTC Vive content division to discuss our plans for the Decentraland project and the potential to collaborate with their developer network on content creation.

Hello, South Korea!
Our latest stop after San Francisco is South Korea, where we have been meeting with various exchanges, media partners, crypto-collectible based game developers, and major game studios.

On February 6, Decentraland founders Ari Meilich and Esteban Ordano will be speaking at the Hashed Lounge crypto meetup alongside the Research Manager of Hashed, Kim Kyung Jin, and the Aelf co-founder, Zhuling Chen. The meetup’s agenda ranges from stable coins to multi-chain processing, to token-based gaming.

We are excited to share our latest updates with the meetup and look forward to talking about our vision for Decentraland and the future of token-based gaming.

Proposal for Decentraland Scripting
Scripting will bring Decentraland to life. It goes without saying that valuable, memorable experiences within VR must be both immersive and interactive. We understand that we can only provide meaningful experiences to Decentraland’s visitors if we first provide a positive experience to our developer community. To that end, we would like to propose this standard for a Decentraland scripting engine. At a very high level, we recognize three requirements for a scripting engine and SDK: power, usability, and security.

A powerful engine must be fast. This rules out most interpreted languages. The Decentraland SDK must give developers complete control over elements contained within a scene, and it must receive events generated within that scene. Ideally, a powerful system will also give developers the ability to define GUI elements.

Making the engine usable means that it must run on any web browser. We don’t want to limit the platforms used to access Decentraland. Our SDK should provide a robust sandbox environment, and it should make it easy for developers to debug their code. We don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so our SDK should reuse as much existing technology as possible. This will help to ensure that it is accessible to a wide range of developers with varying levels of experience.

Last, and definitely not least, we need our scripting engine to be secure. It should allow developers to create applications within Decentraland that can collect, store, and use private keys when facilitating micropayments. Our scripting engine should also provide a mechanism to safely interact with other peers and applications across Decentraland.

After working through these criteria and examining potential solutions, we settled on TypeScript as our top choice for a scripting language. TypeScript compiles right to JavaScript, it is easily debuggable, and it allows developers to do more with less code. As an added bonus, its typings also serve as embedded documentation for the SDK.

For a deeper dive into our thought process and to join the conversation, check out the proposal on GitHub.

Decentraland at the Rare Digital Art Festival
While creating standards for the development of NFTs has been a big focus, let’s take a step back and look at what the community has been doing with these new digital assets! The Rare Digital Art Festival is a vibrant new forum where leaders in collectible digital art are doing just that.

Kieran Farr, a founding advisor at Decentraland, recently represented us at the first gathering of the Rare Digital Art Festival on January 13th in NYC, along with the creators of Rare Pepe Wallet, CryptoKitties, and CryptoPunks to name just a few of the participants who spent the day exploring the intersection of art and blockchain technology.

https://blog.decentraland.org/decentraland-project-updates-february-5th-c951d1dedebd
Bitcoinipie

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:20:07 PM

I invite you to make a bid in a prime location for 6 lands in Decentraland. Lands are near the Fashion District. Auction ends Feb 11.
https://www.reddit.com/r/decentraland/comments/7v7fhh/auction_with_a_bonus_6_lands_adjacent_to_each
Bitcoinipie

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:30:41 PM

I invite you to make a bid in a prime location for 6 lands in Decentraland. Lands are near the Fashion District. Auction ends Feb 11.
https://www.reddit.com/r/decentraland/comments/7v7fhh/auction_with_a_bonus_6_lands_adjacent_to_each

If you are not interested in making a bid, you can still earn 4,500 MANA at minimum by referring the auction to the bid winner and earning 5% of the sale!
okspam

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:56:47 PM

Where can I find the most recent news about Decentraland? I'm curious how development is going and what sort of things are in progress. The roadmap is helpful, but only so much Smiley

Still wondering if there are updated schedules and details about the development process and what is next.
earthcoin

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 06:45:38 PM

Decentraland Project Updates — February 5th

News and updates from the Decentraland project

Visiting the Bay Area
We’ve recently returned from a very exciting trip to San Francisco where we met with several leaders in VR and crypto. Most notably, we gave a talk at a Google-hosted crypto meetup, and we’ve joined with the 0x Project and IDEO’s CoLab in supporting ERC821 as the standard for non-fungible tokens. There is a growing demand for distinguishable digital assets, so it is increasingly important for the NFT community to come together in support of standards. We also had the opportunity to meet with the HTC Vive content division to discuss our plans for the Decentraland project and the potential to collaborate with their developer network on content creation.

Hello, South Korea!
Our latest stop after San Francisco is South Korea, where we have been meeting with various exchanges, media partners, crypto-collectible based game developers, and major game studios.

On February 6, Decentraland founders Ari Meilich and Esteban Ordano will be speaking at the Hashed Lounge crypto meetup alongside the Research Manager of Hashed, Kim Kyung Jin, and the Aelf co-founder, Zhuling Chen. The meetup’s agenda ranges from stable coins to multi-chain processing, to token-based gaming.

We are excited to share our latest updates with the meetup and look forward to talking about our vision for Decentraland and the future of token-based gaming.

Proposal for Decentraland Scripting
Scripting will bring Decentraland to life. It goes without saying that valuable, memorable experiences within VR must be both immersive and interactive. We understand that we can only provide meaningful experiences to Decentraland’s visitors if we first provide a positive experience to our developer community. To that end, we would like to propose this standard for a Decentraland scripting engine. At a very high level, we recognize three requirements for a scripting engine and SDK: power, usability, and security.

A powerful engine must be fast. This rules out most interpreted languages. The Decentraland SDK must give developers complete control over elements contained within a scene, and it must receive events generated within that scene. Ideally, a powerful system will also give developers the ability to define GUI elements.

Making the engine usable means that it must run on any web browser. We don’t want to limit the platforms used to access Decentraland. Our SDK should provide a robust sandbox environment, and it should make it easy for developers to debug their code. We don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so our SDK should reuse as much existing technology as possible. This will help to ensure that it is accessible to a wide range of developers with varying levels of experience.

Last, and definitely not least, we need our scripting engine to be secure. It should allow developers to create applications within Decentraland that can collect, store, and use private keys when facilitating micropayments. Our scripting engine should also provide a mechanism to safely interact with other peers and applications across Decentraland.

After working through these criteria and examining potential solutions, we settled on TypeScript as our top choice for a scripting language. TypeScript compiles right to JavaScript, it is easily debuggable, and it allows developers to do more with less code. As an added bonus, its typings also serve as embedded documentation for the SDK.

For a deeper dive into our thought process and to join the conversation, check out the proposal on GitHub.

Decentraland at the Rare Digital Art Festival
While creating standards for the development of NFTs has been a big focus, let’s take a step back and look at what the community has been doing with these new digital assets! The Rare Digital Art Festival is a vibrant new forum where leaders in collectible digital art are doing just that.

Kieran Farr, a founding advisor at Decentraland, recently represented us at the first gathering of the Rare Digital Art Festival on January 13th in NYC, along with the creators of Rare Pepe Wallet, CryptoKitties, and CryptoPunks to name just a few of the participants who spent the day exploring the intersection of art and blockchain technology.

https://blog.decentraland.org/decentraland-project-updates-february-5th-c951d1dedebd

Thanks for the update! It was much needed as many of us were wondering the status of the project. I was also glad to see the article provided a link to the Github proposal. I am excited to see you provided documentation for why you chose Typescript and I think it's a good choice.

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: