Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:07:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Arweave (Techstars 2018): A new internet in a very scalable blockchain  (Read 11950 times)
danniel

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:19:47 AM

Dev,

Do we have a slack or telegram group now?
danniel

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 08:41:57 AM

what's the difference between IPFS and Archain?
Ilmiyati

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:02:56 AM

A history must be remembered, this project has a very good purpose, I will see the development of this thread the next few days, I hope this project gets a lot of attention, good luck
Richardnoordsche

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:31:20 AM

With such a concept, this project will get attention quickly, I hope this project develops quickly, see the progress that has been good enough, I am very interested to join this project, I will see the next few days, good luck
Archain.org (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 04:37:37 PM

Hi all,

Thank you all for your comments! I will try to answer the questions in turn.

mgao6767: Good point! We will update it soon.

danniel: We just finished setting up our Slack channel. Please feel free to join us! IPFS has permanent naming (any single name will always refer to the same contents), but the contents itself might not be avalable if it is not 'pinned'. In Archain, names and documents are truly stored permanently. Once they are added to a block, they must necessarily always be available.

Thanks!
Archain Team

Archain.org (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 12:26:59 AM

Hi all,

For those interested, the Archain bounty campaign has begun!

Let us know if you have any questions or comments!

Thanks,
Team Archain

mgao6767

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:03:38 AM

Hi Dev,

Mind if I ask a simple question? What's the total supply of ARC? It seems the pre-sale supply is 50M, and 105 ARC per block afterwards. But is there a capped total supply or it'll be unlimited?

And also, when joining the sig bounty, is it okay to update the signature when my rank upgrades?

Cheers
Archain.org (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 11:16:58 AM

Hi mgao6767,

The starting supply of ARCs is 55 million (50 million available in the pre-sale, 500,000 for bounties and 4.5 million held by the company), as laid out in the terms of the pre-sale. The initial block reward will be 105 ARCs, halving every year thereafter. Subsequently, the total number of ARCs is not technically limited, but after a time the rate of increase in the total supply will become inconsequential. Most of the block rewards for the miners will instead be derived from the transaction (archiving) fees.

Thanks,
Team Archain

EDIT:

Also, it is absolutely fine to edit the signature for the bounty campaign when your rank upgrades. Thanks for your interest!

HEvangelista

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:05:31 AM

A very interesting project using the blockchain technology to create an internet archive. I will check all the details about this and the bounties avaialble to me whatever possible once I have the time later on. Best of luck on this project and the developers and administrators.
Archain.org (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 08:32:31 AM

Hi HEvangelista,

Thanks for your comment! If you have any specific questions, just let us know. You can always find us in this thread or via a PM.

All the best,
Team Archain

Archain.org (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 05:56:16 PM

Hi all,

Just a quick update: direct Ethereum payments are now accepted in the token pre-sale!

All the best,
Team Archain

NewbCoins

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:06:48 AM

Archain team, your project look good i'm finding it now. why dont you link your team on the webpage though? linkedin or some other professional service. it inspire more confidence that way.
NewbCoins

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:13:32 AM

also do archain offer bonus for pre-sale?
Archain.org (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 07:47:46 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2017, 08:00:22 PM by Archain.org

Hi Newbcoins,

Thanks for your comment! You are absolutely right, we should have social media accounts linked on the website with our team members. Some of the team have added theirs today, others will be doing so over the next few days.

We don't offer an explicit discount, but the first set of tokens will be sold at a lower rate than later sets. For example, the first group cost £0.09 per ARC, but the second set will cost £0.14. You can find the details in our terms and conditions. We also have a variety of contribution rewards that you can check out on the website.

In other news, the first version of the Archain web extension was released today! Early backers can now download the extension and start queuing web pages to be archived once the network has launched. There are already a few hundred pages waiting to be permanently archived.

Thanks,
Team Archain

Tajneprzezpoufne

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:37:22 PM

Hi there,

A question to the dev team.
Have you considered the way to deal with attack, where an attacker would request to archive a huge number of random & useless pages?
Several bots could make thousands of such requests per second, thus making the archain "memory" full of useless garbage.
Is there any mechanism in place to prevent it?
Archain.org (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 03:02:19 PM

Hi Tajneprzezpoufne,

Thanks for the question. To some extent, the Archain does not care about its contents. One could store (unverified) useless information onto it, but that would not negatively affect the blockweave and would be extremely expensive.

Another way of thinking about the system is that it offers permanent data storage for a fee. On top of this, Archain has a method of verifying the contents of webpages, thus enabling its 'primary' use as an internet archive.

Let us know if you have any further questions!
Team Archain

kewisnacks

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:42:32 AM

Hi,

I have a spin on the previous question, which is more efficiency-centric:

Let's say Alice and Bob both submits an URL to be archived, either at the same time or at different times with no incremental content change. Will the network check if content already exist and inform the user or will both Alice and Bob have their content archived redundantly and both be charged the transaction fee?

I'm asking this because there can be "news-worthy" events and many users could archive the same content, but this provides no additional value to the data stored on the blockweave.
bambarmia

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:36:49 PM

I will join this project, but only after they appear on exchanges. The price will be much lower comparing to ICO.  The problem of all this ICO -s is that just few of them succeeded. 
yayat

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 03:17:25 PM

Hi developer, What date will ICO start ?
Archain.org (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 05:15:46 PM

discord or chat group yet?

Yes! We are active on slack

Hi,

I have a spin on the previous question, which is more efficiency-centric:

Let's say Alice and Bob both submits an URL to be archived, either at the same time or at different times with no incremental content change. Will the network check if content already exist and inform the user or will both Alice and Bob have their content archived redundantly and both be charged the transaction fee?

I'm asking this because there can be "news-worthy" events and many users could archive the same content, but this provides no additional value to the data stored on the blockweave.

We would disagree with you slightly that repeatedly archiving the same page adds no value. By repeatedly taking copies of the same page, the page is subject to greater scrutiny, in that changes are picked up in a much more granular way.

This means that these news worthy events you describe are simply subject to higher scrutiny in archain because of it, a result we think is favourable.

I will join this project, but only after they appear on exchanges. The price will be much lower comparing to ICO.  The problem of all this ICO -s is that just few of them succeeded.  

We're sorry to hear that! If you change your mind, i'm sure we'd love to work on developingthis project with you

Hi developer, What date will ICO start ?

We are currently selling tokens in our pre-sale, see our website for more details

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: