Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:21:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Arweave (Techstars 2018): A new internet in a very scalable blockchain  (Read 11939 times)
Archain.org (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 04:12:40 PM

Hi Shaggy404,

We did not expect to sell much of the total supply during the pre-sale period, as we only started advertising the project when the pre-sale began. We see it as a springboard for the main sale, for which, it appears to be working quite well. Our visitor numbers and sales are have been following an exponential path, while we are also starting to gain greater visibility in the crypto media.

As well as pushing development forward, we also plan to use the gap between the end of the pre-sale and the start of the main sale later this year to further raise awareness about the project and build partnerships within the cryptocurrency community.

If the main sale ends before a significant portion of the ARC tokens are sold, a solution that works well for pre-sale/sale buyers, as well as the company, will be reached.

Thanks,
Sam
Archain CEO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shaggy404

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:22:04 PM

Thanks Sam. I already invested in pre-sale. Was just curious about potential scenarios and your readiness for same. Your response is fair enough.

Wishing you best for the success of the project. It is hard to see projects like this these days: with clear goal, well-set roadmap, solid tech, viable product and pre-existing market demand.
chickenandgibblets

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:25:45 PM

Sorry if this has been asked(went through all the posts, didn't see anything I think).

Was wondering what the difference is between Archain and IPFS/Filecoin? Do you think Archain is a competitor to IPFS/Filecoin?

Thanks for your time.
loferbart

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:18:11 PM

Hey

Looking for more information and clarity on mining. What algo are you using? What coins currently on the market is Archain similar to in terms of mining?

Thanks
NewbCoins

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:13:51 PM

devs, thanks for all answer. can you tell when the ico will happen?

we invest in archain now but its better if you have roadmap. and also i think permanent net have good use, but blockweave and scaling will attract more investor if you promote it more in the marketing.
NewbCoins

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 01:46:46 AM

also for india and joanna, we think original background on web design look better. now at the top of the page is too much blur  Undecided

keep up good work devs!
Archain.org (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 02:00:40 PM

Hi all,

Thanks NewbCoins, I will pass that on to India and Joanna, although, I must admit that the blurriness was my idea!

@loferbart: The hashing algorithm at the core of the PoA mining mechanism is SHA2-256, like Bitcoin. The major difference is that miners can only mine blocks for which they have an accessible copy of the 'recall' block (which is pseudo-randomly chosen from the set of all previous blocks). In practice this means that the amount of time miners can directly participate in the hashing competition (PoW) part of Archain mining is directly proportional to the amount of the weave that they locally store, or can access. Another effect of this is that the hashing competitions themselves will be between smaller groups of miners, leading to a lower 'difficulty'.

Thanks,
Sam
Archain Team

Archain.org (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 02:47:11 PM

Sorry if this has been asked(went through all the posts, didn't see anything I think).

Was wondering what the difference is between Archain and IPFS/Filecoin? Do you think Archain is a competitor to IPFS/Filecoin?

Thanks for your time.

Hey,

I believe we may have answered your question on Slack (Which we highly recommend as a place to talk to the team on!).

But if not I'll recommunicate what Will, our CTO mentioned on the topic.

"Archain is selling permanence as a service while filecoin is selling storage as a service. Ultimately, filecoin lets people rent out their storage space but archain operates on a "pay once, let the networks sort it out" basis. While we may appear similar in certain aspects we don't consider ourselves rivals or competition as our core demographic is marginally different. Filecoin operates essentially as a cloud storage service while archain operates as a permanent distributed harddrive."

If you have any queries let us know,

Thanks,
Dan,
Archain COO

mgao6767

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:48:56 AM

Hey Dev, it's been a while since your last update on GitHub... That's the only thing bothering me now Tongue
Archain.org (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 04:06:24 PM

Hi mgao6767,

Most of the development team's time has been taken with working on the website and administrating the token pre-sale recently. Once the pre-sale is over it will be back to 'all hands on deck' finishing the product. We are also taking on a new core-product developer in the coming days to help us at our new office.

It is also worth noting that the product, as it stands in the repository, is a fully functioning cryptocurrency with all of the core Archain features implemented. The critical gap that needs to be bridged between now and the launch of the first alpha test network is support of true networking, rather than the use of a simulated network. We are excited to get back to it!

All the best,
Sam
Archain CEO.

Archain.org (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 01:44:55 PM

Thanks, Kalifed!

Let us know if you have any questions.
Archain Team

phucbot93

Activity: 201

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:44:33 PM

devs are very active. hopefully this project will be successful. i'm one of the investors and i want to know when the ico start after pre-sale ?
Crazymoon

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:48:35 PM

Hello!

I have a few questions to ask though.

1. What is the total market cap?
2. When is the company established? (date) ?
3. What's the date of when ICO starts? (After pre-sale ends)

Regards,
mikesheadroom

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:32:12 PM

We have attempted to engineer it such that archiving one web page costs about 1 ARC, but this rate will ultimately be determined by the market of miners, so we will have to see.
With trillions of web pages now existing, that seems like quite a high fee, IMO.  When first reading about this project and the projected supply of ARC, I imagined it would cost more like 0.001 ARC per page.  As you indicate though, the market will eventually dictate the price.
Good luck to all with this exciting new project!

Archain.org | Whitepaper | Bitcointalks Thread
Decentralised Archive of the Internet
Archain.org (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 06:05:28 PM

Hi all,

@phucbot93: The main sale will be starting later this year, sometime in November/December. We are planning to have the main sale run until shortly before the network launches, so the exact date is yet to be determined. We will post here and on Twitter, etc. when everything is finalised.

@Crazymoon: Thanks for the questions! I will answer them in order.

1. There will be 55m ARC at network launch, with 10% of that figure issued in the first year as mining fees, halving in every subsequent year.
2. The company was officially incorporated in July this year.
3. See my answer to phucbot93 above.

@mikesheadroom: As you say, we will really have to see how this turns out. We are also focussing on support for 'archiving groups' which would split the cost of archiving certain types of content across a number of people, rather than the archiving of each page being soully funded by one person.

Thanks,
Sam
Archain CEO.

bambarmia

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:14:45 PM

Is this similar to storj ?
Mecharelaxo

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:55:12 PM

Storj focuses on storing data, not on archiving websites. Archain, as I understand it, is more like a snapshot of a certain website at a certain time, making it possible to see it how it used to be before it was for example censored.
bstewart

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:31:09 AM

I wish people would state the coin supply in their description... Could someone tell me what it is?
eXpl0sive

Activity: 574
Merit: 502

waiting to explode

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:36:30 AM

I wish people would state the coin supply in their description... Could someone tell me what it is?

Hi all,

@phucbot93: The main sale will be starting later this year, sometime in November/December. We are planning to have the main sale run until shortly before the network launches, so the exact date is yet to be determined. We will post here and on Twitter, etc. when everything is finalised.

@Crazymoon: Thanks for the questions! I will answer them in order.

1. There will be 55m ARC at network launch, with 10% of that figure issued in the first year as mining fees, halving in every subsequent year.
2. The company was officially incorporated in July this year.
3. See my answer to phucbot93 above.

@mikesheadroom: As you say, we will really have to see how this turns out. We are also focussing on support for 'archiving groups' which would split the cost of archiving certain types of content across a number of people, rather than the archiving of each page being soully funded by one person.

Thanks,
Sam
Archain CEO.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
bambarmia

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:41:31 AM

Storj focuses on storing data, not on archiving websites. Archain, as I understand it, is more like a snapshot of a certain website at a certain time, making it possible to see it how it used to be before it was for example censored.

You mean similar to https://screenshotmachine.com/ ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: