Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:49:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: <<WORLD COIN >> IT SMELLS BAD >>It tastes bad..... think for yourselves.  (Read 5471 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 03:59:33 AM

WORLDCOIN dev...

1. why since you are being so fair and announcing the launch ahead of time didn't you decide to actually be fair and launch with a reasonable difficulty level?

Are you saying you had no idea at all that those with low latency and high hash would actually suck up ALL  of the coins at the easy diff rate and therefore hold a monster % of all the coins ?

Really you didn't think of that? you had no idea things would go that way??

Read the entire world coin thread, it smacks of inside job with the same few people praising it over and over and slapping down any of the vast majority who dare to voice concerns of 99% reject orphan rate??

Even more scary the guy pizza or whatever who made the most noise about it being a scam and even opened his own WORLDCOIN BOTNET thread suddenly had a change of heart and asked the mods to delete his thread and said please forget his rantings even deleted all his own comments?Huh?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=206731.0

What a change of heart??? payoff anyone???  or suddenly new belief in the coin it all worked great and there was nothing wrong with the design infact it's a great new design after all .....

This one is the next instamine scam on here lets start getting together and stopping this cycle. Let demand some better coins that are fair for all.  New designs which have a decent birth not the same copy paste scheme to make the same ppl rich over and over....

let's unite and share the wealth out to all that want to join in. That is what crypto is meant to have over fiat after all.

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toboboto

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:02:57 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2013, 04:43:47 AM by toboboto

All I hear from you is crying and whining.  Yes there are lots of orphans, blocks are 15 second target, duh!

I've been mining since 10 minutes after launch, and I've still not found a coin, so I'm not protecting my investmnet, I just know a troll when I see one.
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:03:17 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2013, 04:49:39 AM by Nolo

World Coin is another disastrous launch.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  Most fair launch of a coin since the new altcoin craze has been FC2.  (Which is undergoing a makeover and will be "re-branded" tomorrow by the way)  

No massive orphans in the beginning.  0 premine.  

If you want to criticize the coin for being a fork of a fork, then go ahead.  But I have seen no one post a legitimate critique of the launch.  (And no I'm not inviting people to come up with a critique now  Grin)

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
Tobius

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:05:28 AM

Just stop -_- There's no conspiracy

It's a new coin, the difficulty is low like most new coins.

Short block time + easy blocks = really fast block (like 3 seconds) = fast block change = Harder for non low latency miners

It will even out when the difficulty rises a bit.

Till then, please don't start a revolution
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:06:17 AM

All I hear from you is crying and whining.  Yes there are lots of orphans, blocks are 15 second target, duh!

That's your mom in the background. I am simply stating the truth.

Nolo

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:06:32 AM

Short block time + easy blocks = really fast block (like 3 seconds) = fast block change = Harder for non low latency miners

The problem could have been avoided.  The developer made the conscious decision to have this problem.  

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
Tobius

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:08:01 AM

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  Most fair launch of a coin since the new altcoin craze has been FC2.  (Which is undergoing a makeover and will be "re-launched" tomorrow by the way)  

If you want to criticize the coin for being a fork of a fork, then go ahead.  But I have seen no one post a legitimate critique of the launch.  (And no I'm not inviting people to come up with a critique now  Grin)

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP SAYING PREMINE.

Seriously, it's like every time people don't get 1 trillion coins in the first 10 minutes, they wine premine. I checked the client minutes after it was released. maybe a hundred blocks mined. Keep in mind this is a coin with a 15 second block gen rate. Blocks move quickly, especially with the low difficulty
Tobius

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:08:43 AM

The problem could have been avoided.  The developer made the conscious decision to have this problem.  

I will agree that the difficulty should have been raised, but accusing a premine is just silly
Nolo

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:13:14 AM

I will agree that the difficulty should have been raised, but accusing a premine is just silly

When did I accuse Worldcoin of having a premine?  I was talking about that being one of the attributes of the FC2 launch.  I was criticizing Worldcoin's dev because of his idiotic decision to launch with difficulty at 0. 

I'll say we're both at fault there.  I could have been more clear with my writing, and you could have been more clear with your reading lol.  We'll both agree though, that no I don't think Worldcoin was premined. 

fisheater

Activity: 770
Merit: 605

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:13:44 AM

I have seen this kind of accusation in each and every new alt coin launch. This one has the same start diff as others. Yes I'd agree that should be raised, but no crying and whining. It's a fair game, if you don't have powerful enough rigs, simply go to the bedroom and cry.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:15:08 AM

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  Most fair launch of a coin since the new altcoin craze has been FC2.  (Which is undergoing a makeover and will be "re-launched" tomorrow by the way)  

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP SAYING PREMINE.

Seriously, it's like every time people don't get 1 trillion coins in the first 10 minutes, they wine premine. I checked the client minutes after it was released. maybe a hundred blocks mined. Keep in mind this is a coin with a 15 second block gen rate. Blocks move quickly, especially with the low difficulty

Bullshit, i have only been looking at crypto for a week or 2 and i could have seen this massive problem and already can think of a solution. Let's have the first blocks worth zero or a very low amount. There problem solved. Now you have a few people amassing huge amounts of coins is not how it should be. The new designs need to overcome this or else the same ppl suck up all of the coins every time. World coin is not the first but lets start here and force devs to rethink this bullshit cycle. It's not premine its a design that allows the very same people to grab up all of the coins every time - simple as that.

If you don't want it to be fair fine, but dont try and bullshit about it. If you like the design as it is even though it is totally unfair and could easily be made fairer in many ways then just come clean and say i like it being unfair because it suits me more. Or else you would have nothing to say about it other than YES the design is bullshit again.

Nolo

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:15:25 AM

I have seen this kind of accusation in each and every new alt coin launch. This one has the same start diff as others. Yes I'd agree that should be raised, but no crying and whining. It's a fair game, if you don't have powerful enough rigs, simply go to the bedroom and cry.

Doesn't have anything to do with a powerful rig.  I have 6 powerful rigs.  Learn what the issue is before commenting on it.

"go to the bedroom and cry"?  Thanks for intelligently adding to the conversation lol

limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:15:29 AM

Best launch I have seen to date. Congrats WDC devs.
Tobius

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:15:34 AM

When did I accuse Worldcoin of having a premine?  I was talking about that being one of the attributes of the FC2 launch.  I was criticizing Worldcoin's dev because of his idiotic decision to launch with difficulty at 0. 

I'll say we're both at fault there.  I could have been more clear with my writing, and you could have been more clear with your reading lol.  We'll both agree though, that no I don't think Worldcoin was premined. 

My mistake then, although I'd stop posting as to get rid of this garbage thread Tongue My appologies
Nolo

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:16:22 AM

My mistake then, although I'd stop posting as to get rid of this garbage thread Tongue My appologies

Same here lol. 

saudibull

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:17:25 AM

Agree, FC2 has been the best launch of any coin in a while and should be recognized as such, there hasnt been a single complaint / FC2 should be the coin to focus on / as I said before, rather than trying to push several coins at the same time (which will not work) focus should be on one at a time to get it to move, and work -
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:20:04 AM

So you agree it should be raised but don't wish to once and for all get together and ensure it is raised. Rather you will call those people that are demanding this to be done crying and whining??? sorry that is not logical at all.

Your definition of fair is kind of messed up then sorry. Yes people with more hash should have a greater percentage of the coins according to their hash power.... however they should not be able to use their hash and latency to gain a much larger proportion of coins than they are entitled too. A few design mods and it could be way fairer that is what the community needs to get together to ensure. Of course those that are sucking all the coins now and on every launch of coins with this design will not agree.

Tobius

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:20:52 AM

Agree, FC2 has been the best launch of any coin in a while and should be recognized as such, there hasnt been a single complaint / FC2 should be the coin to focus on / as I said before, rather than trying to push several coins at the same time (which will not work) focus should be on one at a time to get it to move, and work -

I'm ignoring my own words by posting, but whatever Tongue

Well, the reason for the orphans is just the block time, it's unavoidable with the 15 gap between blocks. It's the Achilles Heel of this model.

The issue with raising the difficulty is that means the dev has to predict how high the hash rate will be at the beginning, which is difficult, if not impossible. Starting at ~.0005-.001? Maybe, but it's not like he's psychic  
baka

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:22:00 AM

OP don't bother, no one is willing to admit it's just a pump and dump coin, it would interfere with the whole pumping phase of the coin.

ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution. Sc8XY5PmHK1NJ2DNvJhS82AQVFwMGimX8w
Tobius

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:22:09 AM

So you agree it should be raised but don't wish to once and for all get together and ensure it is raised. Rather you will call those people that are demanding this to be done crying and whining??? sorry that is not logical at all.

Your definition of fair is kind of messed up then sorry. Yes people with more hash should have a greater percentage of the coins according to their hash power.... however they should not be able to use their hash and latency to gain a much larger proportion of coins than they are entitled too. A few design mods and it could be way fairer that is what the community needs to get together to ensure. Of course those that are sucking all the coins now and on every launch of coins with this design will not agree.

Well, I'd say it's more because of the fact that it's annoying to everyone on the network than to be "fair". I mean, yes it will always be like this, but starting at 0 is a bit unnecessary in 2013
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: