Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:58:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Is Bitcoin's Value So Volatile?  (Read 11212 times)
Afnan_faizah

Activity: 798
Merit: 178

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:34:47 AM

It is not a problem that currency is volatile for each and every currency there is a time span and then the prices are some time goes up and some time goes down. There are so many other reasons because of that the prices are volatile like demand and supply are the market forces which affect the prices. The macro factors like country inflation also affect the prices of crypto currencies.
The volatility of bitcoin is bigger than any fiat currency pair and bitcoin is the least volatile cryptocurrency. Country inflation will makes bitcoin price go up, but it is not the reason of bitcoin volatility. The reason which mostly affect bitcoin is trader, there are so many trader makes panic selling and buying. Bitcoin must adopted by more people to minimize it's volatility.  A big trade will have a smaller price impact, hence a smaller price volatility.

Sepertinya sudah waktunya, kalau menurut saya lebih baik lump sum sekarang. 30/01/2024.
TheMojo1

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:32:16 AM

Why Is Bitcoin's Value So Volatile? I am confused to buy bitcoin now when it's value is too high.

Bitcoin start at 2009 and survive more than 7 years and get trust that make it’s value rise till this high number so  you came later must pay more
Asmonist

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:58:23 AM

Why Is Bitcoin's Value So Volatile? I am confused to buy bitcoin now when it's value is too high.

It's because of the supply and demand condition. The supply now is lower than its demand so the price is high. When the supply goes up and lesser demand then the price is lower also. I think it would be better to wait for the right timing when the supply will increase. The more people needing to buy it but there is no sufficient supply that makes the price increase. So might as well hold and wait to decrease the number of demand and to accomodate the supply needed.

Adioliver

Activity: 266
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:05:45 PM

Bitcoins value has always been volatile and probably will be volatile in the future too.The value of bitcoin depends on the buyers and sellers.If people hold their bitcoin and invest them then the price will increase.But if people start selling it the price will fall.In a recent event China had banned ICOs and caused panic in people and all of them sold their bitcoins which caused a great downfall in the value.But then after a few months bitcoin gained back it's value and even reached a great milestone of $5000.So bitcoins will always be volatile,. It's up to you to buy bitcoins at the right time.
lordquanta

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:40:57 PM

In broader terms, Bitcoin or for that matter the alt-crypto markets are unrestricted, uncontrolled, without any regulations. The kind of regulations stock market puts on to curb the market manipulations. The regulations like upper circuit, lower circuit etc etc. Limits on how much percent of a stock could be purchased by one entity/company. In bitcoin there are no such restrictions.
If you have money you could purchase bitcoins with that amount. One with enough bitcoins could literally create pumps and dumps at will. This kind of manipulation is pretty common in the bitcoin world. However stock market or commodity exchanges do not work like that. There are grave punishment for these kind of manipulations.
End result is unrestricted market having free run to all giving the volatile nature.
One notable exception was mt. gox incident where a bot from that exchange single handedly manipulated the majority of bitcoin prices and crashed in due coarse. At that time it is major bitcoin exchange and there were no plethora of bitcoin exchanges we see like today.
prudencetoller

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:34:45 PM

Bitcoin's Value is volatile due to its decentralized structure that is why an irregular rising and falling of its value is felt frequently. Though its status so irregular, it seems that it's current status is going all the way up which makes it more recognizable now a days.
NO, I dont think so. I believe that the volatile in the bitcoin price is caused by many different event such as the hard fork, the segwit2x, etc. Moreover, the price of bitcoin is also impacted by the whales - people who are holding a great amount of bitcoin. Sometimes, those people like to dump bitcoin without any reason. They know that they have the ability to cause the panic selling to the whole market

First blockchain based marketplace of trading algorithms]
TRADINGENE│ JOIN NOW
ICO 4 April 2018
migolmigol

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:51:14 PM

This is because the Bitcoin's demand is also volatile. Basically the direct affect of the increase and decrease of price is based on the demand. And what affects the demand is the different external factors like news and updates, regulations, other ICOs etc. Bitcoin is one of the risky investments which is why it is well monitored and analyzed.

Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:29:13 PM

because bitcoin is still young despite it was around 2011. news and speculations can affect bitcoin's value especially the news that can affect people that invests in bitcoin.

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
miltonpogi

Activity: 245
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:04:25 PM

Based on my online research I learned that one reason for bitcoin price volatility is the factors that affect investors to disregard bitcoin like what happen in 2013 because of the defamation news for bitcoin, and even tax treatment of bitcoin can affect also the volatility of its price, in the recent announcements by the IRS, they state that the currency is actually an asset for tax purposes had mixed effects on volatility. and lastly demand also can affect bitcoin price to fluctuate, because the demand of bitcoin is always increasing,  the demand of bitcoin and its price is directly proportional so it means that if price increase its demand also will rise  and if it decreases other one will affect too.

akablackhat

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:38:37 PM

By design, a total of 21 million Bitcoins will be created over 100 years according to a logarithmic release function. At the time of writing, just over 13 million bitcoins are in circulation, meaning that an additional 8 million bitcoins will be mined over the next 95 years   Tongue. Given this timescale and the decelerating rate of increase of the coinbase, the supply of bitcoin can, for practical purposes, be assumed to be constant.  Shocked
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:44:45 PM

By design, a total of 21 million Bitcoins will be created over 100 years according to a logarithmic release function. At the time of writing, just over 13 million bitcoins are in circulation, meaning that an additional 8 million bitcoins will be mined over the next 95 years   Tongue. Given this timescale and the decelerating rate of increase of the coinbase, the supply of bitcoin can, for practical purposes, be assumed to be constant.  Shocked
But you didn't explained why Bitcoin is a volatile currency, you might have explained why Bitcoin is expensive now as there is only 13 million in circulation. Having a limited supply does not explain the volatility but the buying and selling pressure can, every transaction of buying and selling will be reflected to its price chart in which we can determine the price trend.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:24:40 PM

This is usually because if bitcoin millionaires are letting go some of their coins to fund an investment or even go on a fancy vacation just because they can. These are called whales who sell most of their coins for profit and this causes a ripple in the trend of price in bitcoins. Other related news such as a development of a similar coin as bitcoin may distort the price by a margin.

UzumakiSakuragi

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:50:10 PM

I think, its because of its investors and buyers. There are so many of them now, and they're just getting larger everyday. For me, people are just buying and selling bitcoin everyday and I think that is the main reason why bitcoin is very volatile.

btcstory

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:56:19 PM

Bitcoin has properties that make it similar to gold. It is governed by a design decision by the developers of the core technology to limit its production to a fixed amount, 21 million BTC. But is not admitted by a lot of governments, so its value can fluctuate volatilely
sampalokmix

Activity: 315

Investing in the future development of blockchain

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:58:19 PM

Well, being volatile is the most common and the most obvious characteristic that bitcoin have that somewhat pissed off many users and at the same time make it as a blessing for the long time users. Well, talking about the volatility of bitcoin, it is volatile because of the existing changes within the market which is somewhat inevitable and cannot be controlled because the movement of the price is based upon the situation of the sudden changes happening in the market in which the demands and supplies varies which is just a normal scenario.

gilad215

Activity: 430

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:02:53 PM

The news have huge impact on bitcoin. It determines the price accordingly. When we hear some country banning Bitcoin, price tumbles when some country legalize it, price appreciates. That was just an example of how news can effect price. Sometimes bulk hodlers deliberately bring drop or rise and control the market. Right now, Bitcoin has demand. Whatever happens in short term, price remain bullish in long term. So at whatever price you buy today, you won't have loss in long term.

Neluns
♦ New Generation Financial Ecosystem ♦
Pre-sale on Aug, 1
tbterryboy

Activity: 1946
Merit: 322

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:57:07 AM

Bitcoin's Value is volatile due to its decentralized structure that is why an irregular rising and falling of its value is felt frequently. Though its status so irregular, it seems that it's current status is going all the way up which makes it more recognizable now a days.
Exactly. When one currency is decentralized then there is no check and balance from one supreme power about what is going on. Like our local currencies, there are regulating by the National banks and governments, that is why we have a stable price in business in our country. Bitcoin have decentralization and that makes it more volatile because of randomness.
GarryLouie

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:14:28 AM

Because the value of the coin only depends on the demand of it from users and it changes from time to time.
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:19:01 AM

Exactly. When one currency is decentralized then there is no check and balance from one supreme power about what is going on. Like our local currencies, there are regulating by the National banks and governments, that is why we have a stable price in business in our country. Bitcoin have decentralization and that makes it more volatile because of randomness.
Yes I agree, the decentralized of the bitcoin is of the reason why so volatile,and an speculative asset that makes people attracts bitcoin. Bitcoin value is volatile because there are many who  suppports bitcoin, Which invested in continues to buy and sell on bitcoin that make it volatile. So the demand is increasing in bitcoin.
LAURA98

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:20:34 AM

Bitcoin's price will keep on changing from time to time because no one determines its price. You can buy a coin anytime it's price will eventually go higher in time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: