Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:00:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Is Bitcoin's Value So Volatile?  (Read 11208 times)
Pixyoxx

Activity: 291
Merit: 119

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:03:53 AM

Bitcoin value is si volatile because of the fact that it is decentralized and no one is there to check over it.
Also influential buyers can change or alter its value and pricing.

Value of bitcoin is all about supply and demand. The making of bitcoin is solely depended on miners. Thus there is a limited inflow of bitcoins. Some influential buyers may buy a really huge amount of bitcoin and can hold it for long which will create sharp shortage in the availability i.e the supply of bitcoins and hence the price will rise.

Also its a digital cryptorruncy and not many people are known to it. It almost behaves like a stock holding wjich pretty much explains the volatility of its price and value.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jeanpadel14

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:54:09 AM

Bitcoin value become volatile because News about security breaches make investors react.Bitcoin can also become volatile when the Bitcoin community exposes security vulnerabilities in an effort to produce massive open source responses in the form of security fixes.

▶▶  [ WHITEPAPER ]  ◀◀            i v y            ▶▶  [ JOIN US NOW! ]  ◀◀
Ivy Disrupts The US$5 Trillion Per Day Money Transfer Market
TELEGRAM     ●    FACEBOOK    ●     TWITTER     ●    YOUTUBE    ●     LINKEDIN
dogeeeeeeee2

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:41:51 PM

Because the Bitcoin's value is depending on the trust of investors. If people withdraw their money from the cryptocurrencies market , the volume will be down and the price will be down too.
Cryptophorus Columbus

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:23:18 PM

Of course, there are a lot of different causes, but the main is the relatively small group of big investors - the whales - that still have the power to move the market.
Baton55

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:12:39 AM

As far as I can judge the value of bitcoin is tied to the inherent laws of supply and demand, according to crypto exchange Coinbase.
Whenever traders rally to purchase tokens, the price is bound to go up. The opposite is true when traders decide to sell off their tokens.
Many of the price swings that appear to occur on a daily basis can also be accounted for by the relatively small number of bitcoin in circulation.
I think that even small changes to the supply can have a potentially big impact on prices.
cheann20

Activity: 344
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:17:26 AM

Why Is Bitcoin's Value So Volatile? I am confused to buy bitcoin now when it's value is too high.

For me, i think It's because it's in the market. Base on my understanding bitcoin price is starting to rise when the demand of bitcoin is high. Vice versa if the price is starting to fall. When buying a bitcoin you should always  consider the value. As you can see now bitcoin price is huge so its not recommended to invest now unless if bitcoin will pump again ..
seandiumx20

Activity: 312
Merit: 109

arcs-chain.com

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 07:41:08 PM

Why Is Bitcoin's Value So Volatile? I am confused to buy bitcoin now when it's value is too high.

It is because of the demand and supply laws. If bitcoin has increasing demand, it's value will also increase, thus, it is not a perfect time to buy bitcoin. If bitcoin has decreasing demand, it's value will decrease and this is the perfect time to buy bitcoin. Also, bitcoin is decentralized, and it's value depends only in the bitcoin community.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 07:37:42 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2018, 08:53:05 AM by deisik

It is because of the demand and supply laws. If bitcoin has increasing demand, it's value will also increase, thus, it is not a perfect time to buy bitcoin. If bitcoin has decreasing demand, it's value will decrease and this is the perfect time to buy bitcoin. Also, bitcoin is decentralized, and it's value depends only in the bitcoin community.

We all know about the law of supply and demand

But this doesn't explain the underlying causes of Bitcoin volatility, right? Indeed, in the end it all comes down to the balance of supply and demand, but what actually makes them change so fast so much? I'd rather say it is lack of real adoption. For example, why major fiat currencies are so stable? In a nutshell, it is because you can buy so many things with them, and the amount of speculation relative to real use is quite low. In other words, if Bitcoin were mainly used in commerce as it should be, it would be rock solid too. But it is all about reckless and wild speculation, thus we have what we have, i.e. insane volatility

fredo123

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:44:07 AM

Bitcoin value is so volatile because it matter's in demand and supply, if many people took time to invest the value also rose up, if lesser people invest then the value drops down, This is the only thing i've learned in trading.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:47:24 AM

Bitcoin value is so volatile because it matter's in demand and supply, if many people took time to invest the value also rose up, if lesser people invest then the value drops down, This is the only thing i've learned in trading.
I agree, when investors are starting to come in and those new ones that are putting new volume of investment to bitcoin which will add another market cap it will lead bitcoin's price to increase. And that will be good for those holders that are just doing nothing with their bitcoins but let it hold for a long time. And the volatility is giving us a good opportunity that even we do nothing, we will earn that much.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
terzy

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:05:23 PM

I think bitcoin’s value is dependant on the intensity of demand and supply there is. Whenever traders purchase tokens, the price is bound to go up. The opposite is true when traders decide to sell off their tokens.
shaun98

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:40:59 AM

I think it is so volatile due to the huge influx of new people into the market, and then some dump their Bitcoin once gaining enough profit, driving the prices down. Anyway, it is still a new market and may stabilise in the future.

sunnex100

Activity: 74

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:42:26 AM

Bitcoin remains very volatile now because there are lots of uncertainties and fear around it. Bitcoin's volatility could also be related to its unpredictability and lack of serious structure it. There are lots of negativity around the cryptocurrency and many people are still sceptical about it. 

Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:06:45 PM

I agree, when investors are starting to come in and those new ones that are putting new volume of investment to bitcoin which will add another market cap it will lead bitcoin's price to increase. And that will be good for those holders that are just doing nothing with their bitcoins but let it hold for a long time. And the volatility is giving us a good opportunity that even we do nothing, we will earn that much.
This is the time for holder earn profit, but to be honest, you should change your investment type when the market be quiet again. I think we will have a rested time soon after some final altcoins pumped in this trend. Doge, Sia, Digibyte, Factom and Maid, I think these coins can continue to increase x2 value and Bitcoin will comeback to $20,000.

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
furry04

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:25:31 PM

Bitcoin is a new trend in a new era and it is very normal for it to be volatile because its roots are not very long as it is with gold which has it roots within thousand years.
taktik

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:04:55 PM

Bitcoin is a new trend in a new era and it is very normal for it to be volatile because its roots are not very long as it is with gold which has it roots within thousand years.
and I would not compare Bitcoin with gold, because gold has its own material value and physical form, which is more valuable, unlike bitcoin. Even if we imagine some global catastrophes in the world, gold will never lose its price, and Bitcoin will simply disappear.
KrisAlex18

Activity: 742
Merit: 160

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:30:12 PM

One of the main reason is the supply and demand it is gaining from the investors and users. We can all see that the demand in bitcoin right now has grown a lot that's why the value of bitcoin right now is very expensive. You should always expect that the value will rise no matter what happens because the influence of it is increasing over time. Bitcoin's value is expected to keep rising and I do really hope it would happen too.
Watashi Yamashita

Activity: 209

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:33:10 PM

We all have different views about this matter but for me, bitcoin's volatility is greatly influenced of the demand it is getting. The law of supply and demand can be depicted here in bitcoin. As we all can see now, the demand of bitcoin keeps on growing that's why it has become very expensive nowadays. The volatility of it was able to attract a lot of investors that's why we should always appreciate it.

▄▄█
      ▄▄█████
  ▄▄█████████       ██▄▄
██████████▀▀        ██████
██████▀▀  ▄▄█       ██████
██████ ▄████▀       ██████
██████ █▀▀      ▄▄█ ██████
██████       ▄████▀ ██████
██████       █▀▀  ▄▄██████
██████        ▄▄██████████
  ▀▀██       █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             █▀▀
.FiiiCoin..
Making Cryptocurrency
Available to All,
for All Purposes

████▄▄
████████▄▄
████████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████▀▀
████████▀▀
████▀▀
███████████  ██▄
██           ████▄
██           ██ ▀██▄
██           ████████
██  ███████      
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
YELLOWPAPER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Fortnight

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:43:05 PM

I believe the following are important factors:

1) Large influence of retail investors
2) Volatility of information being assimilated into the marketplace (related to factors that drive Bitcoin pricing)
3) Widely divergent beliefs on Bitcoin’s intrinsic value
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 06:32:36 PM

I believe the following are important factors:

1) Large influence of retail investors

There is almost none that is actually confirmed at this point

2) Volatility of information being assimilated into the marketplace (related to factors that drive Bitcoin pricing)

You probably means shilling people into dumping their coins

We all have different views about this matter but for me, bitcoin's volatility is greatly influenced of the demand it is getting.

The demand for bitcoin should actually stabilize bitcoin at this point and drive it exchange rate accross $17,000 by now . From what you are saying, it is pretty much wrong, volatility just happen to be there because people are day trading it

It is not really volatile though at this point unless you use a 5 min chart, if you use the 1 day chart to check the chart then you can see we are actually quite stable right now

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: