Bitcoin Forum
December 14, 2017, 06:59:23 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin  (Read 9508 times)
Norway

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:14:01 PM

if this write up https://medium.com/@shludvigsen/traders-guide-to-bitcoin-cash-bitcoin-segwit-819933694b34 is correct, then one has to buy some BCH and hold.

Very interesting article, but I doubt BC will ever see another EDA scenario like we saw already.

I wrote that article, and I am happy you found it interesting. We have seen the EDA kick in several times now, and it will not stop until 1 Bitcoin Cash is worth more than 1 Bitcoin Segwit.

I can't do anything reading that but laugh the hell out. Initially fee, then block sizes, then compression of transactions and now difficulty adjustments.
Why are people trying to trim everything here and not seeing what's getting increased? Do you think it will be easy for those who will install BCH's wallets on their PCs to keep up the space with its number of total blocks being mined? Just think that if it mines 6 blocks of 8 MB size each an hour (if it ever does), that would take 48 MB of space per hour, 1152 MB per day, 8064 MB per week and 419328 MBs per year. Can you afford?

When we have 8 MB blocks on average, the max blocksize limit will probably be a lot higher. The computers faster, broad band wider, storage cheaper etc.

You don't have to run a non-mining node to use bitcoin. Only 1 in 1000 do that today. And you don't have to run a node to mine either. Just use a pool like normal miners do.

It's only pools and maybe some businesses that have to run nodes. SPV is good enough for the rest. It's the miners/pools that enforce the rules on bitcoin, and they get paid to do it. If you are not mining, all you can do is observe with a full node. You may try to sybil attack, but it's useless because miners are very well connected between them.

If you don't trust miners to do this job right while they are incentivized to be honest, you should get out of bitcoin ASAP or read the whitepaper one more time, slowly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mandor

Activity: 238

Blockchain - Home loans for everybody. HLCoin

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:57:20 PM

OP make thread only with tilte bitcoin, LOL hahaha i think this newbie account talking bullshit.  Grin
I do not know what the people are talking about here. whether their talks are related to OP titles or not.

Dobrodav

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 01:46:50 PM

I agree that big blocks and miners will controls this market, you just invest and hope it's grow well.  Angry

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  TRADE.IO       ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
konco_kenthel

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:43:14 PM

if there is no bch how later its users can increase revenue and take time to find a replacement that has comparable quality.

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |  Telegram  |  Facebook
Barbarian

Activity: 322

Smart Money on the Ethereum Blockchain

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:27:52 AM

Really? I do not think so, BCH is just a new young coin. We can wait for them to be dimmed. Lots of coins that can rival her in my eyes. I even think BCH is still losing when compared with ethereum or litecoin as the first coin out.
BCH is nothing, people are exited with this new toy and that is why such a huge market cap but after some time passes then people are going to forget about this coin and we are going to go back to normal, there are many coins that are way better than BCH and that is going to be shown in the next months.

dewanaga

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:54:30 AM

Really? I do not think so, BCH is just a new young coin. We can wait for them to be dimmed. Lots of coins that can rival her in my eyes. I even think BCH is still losing when compared with ethereum or litecoin as the first coin out.
BCH is nothing, people are exited with this new toy and that is why such a huge market cap but after some time passes then people are going to forget about this coin and we are going to go back to normal, there are many coins that are way better than BCH and that is going to be shown in the next months.
haha, chances are bch just for a while because bch can be free,  Smiley
few months maybe maybe bch will fade, we'll see  Smiley

Doamader

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:57:18 PM

Bch hasnt damaged bitcoin, but it had becamed an profitable option to mine besides bitcoin, soo even being an altcoin it had already a surprise to the most of them since no one expected to see it having more daily volume then bitcoin at all, neither more hash. Beside those it shows that bigger blocks can handle the blockchain better and wont allow anymore spam attack has had happened more then twice on the last year, raising the fees to ridicolous values.

███
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████████
          ██████████████████████
                         ████████
         ████████████      ███████
          ███████████        █████
            █████████        ██████
                █████         █████
                █████         █████
                █████        ██████
                █████        █████