Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:39:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Using Armory on the BCH chain  (Read 45928 times)
lavoignier

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:52:45 AM

Thanks for this.

Any chance that we can get a 32 bit .deb version built? My offline signing machine has been around for a couple of years (since you forked the project) and everything was still 32 bit back then. Would be a real pain to have to reinstall the OS just for that.

I've tried to follow the linux build instructions - used a 32 bit docker container but ran into issues with the autobuild stuff - there was no Makefile but also no configure script to generate one. That said - not sure how to get a deb built after building the software - the release scripts folder does not exactly seem all that clear! :-)

Cheers
LV

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mfbusiness

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:11:30 AM

Goatpig/Ente,

Thanks for the information here.  Having trouble generating a valid transaction in the BCH network, I think.  I'm creating the transaction on armory, then signing it(using the BCH signer) on an offline machine, and then attempting to broadcast the raw tx on Blockdozer and Via Btc, but getting error messages from both.  Via Btc yields "invalid raw transaction" and something similar from Blockdozer.

Is there something that I am doing wrong here?  Pardon my lack of technical expertise on the matter, but I did read this thread several time and can't come up with anything.

Thanks,

MF
mfbusiness

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:28:29 AM

Goatpig/Ente,

Thanks for the information here.  Having trouble generating a valid transaction in the BCH network, I think.  I'm creating the transaction on armory, then signing it(using the BCH signer) on an offline machine, and then attempting to broadcast the raw tx on Blockdozer and Via Btc, but getting error messages from both.  Via Btc yields "invalid raw transaction" and something similar from Blockdozer.

Found the problem, needed to uncheck the RBF box in the transaction signing process. 

MF
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:53:20 AM

Goatpig/Ente,

Found the problem, needed to uncheck the RBF box in the transaction signing process. 

MF

Meh, shenanigans. RBF flagging is not invalid on the BCH chain, second RBF relay is disabled is all. These services have an erroneous implementation in which they reject sequence flagging as a whole, even though that chain support CSV and CLTV.

SimonBelmond

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:14:08 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2017, 08:57:38 PM by SimonBelmond

I seem to have issues getting Armory to show the wallet balances as per pre-fork. So I deleted block data from after. Deleted the Armory DB. Then I run ArmoryDB which works fine. But then I have issues getting Armory to act as if online although it's not. Which options do I have to start it with so it doen't start bitcoind in the background but still acts as if online on top of this old data. I have moved BTC utxos out of Armory just after the fork and now need to recover my Bitcoin Cash.

Edit: I managed to get it up without starting bitcoind (wonder why that setting was true before, as I always handled BitcoinQt manually). However, same issue. It doesn't scan TX history or anything. Shows as preparing DB, which it is not doing, as ArmoryDB is up and running.

Edit2: Data folders and everything should be correct, actually.

Edit3: I know I could also just export a shitload of private keys from each wallet and sweep them all somehow, but I think your trick would be far nicer, actually.
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:23:31 PM

Post your logs. Most likely a pathing issue.

SimonBelmond

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:57:48 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2017, 09:02:13 PM by SimonBelmond

I does wallet consistency check, and then stays on gray bars for preparing db and scan tx history
SimonBelmond

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:01:42 PM

on shutdown and hangs...

Code:
2017-08-20 00:59:52 (INFO) -- ArmoryQt.py:5431 - BDM is safe for clean shutdown
2017-08-20 00:59:52 (INFO) -- SDM.pyc:459 - Called stopBitcoind
2017-08-20 00:59:52 (INFO) -- SDM.pyc:465 - ...but bitcoind is not running, to be able to stop
JamesBold

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:47:44 AM

Not able to get mac os to build from source the "bchSigner" branch code.

Getting the output below. I upgraded pip and believe I installed setuptools correctly (maybe not getting picked up right). I used brew to reinstall python and update/upgrade other dependencies.

Also, I'm upgrading X-Code from 8.0 to 8.3.3.

Any tips?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 11, in <module>
    import setuptools
  File "/Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/unpackandbuild/setuptools-35.0.2/setuptools/__init__.py", line 10, in <module>
    from six.moves import filter, map
ImportError: No module named six.moves
Finished executing: "python -s setup.py --no-user-cfg install --force --verbose 2>&1 | tee -a /Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/build-app.log.txt"
Finished executing from: "/Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/unpackandbuild/setuptools-35.0.2"
********************************************************************************
Installing pip.
********************************************************************************
2017-Aug-21 02:10am
Executing: "python -s setup.py --no-user-cfg install --force --verbose 2>&1 | tee -a /Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/build-app.log.txt"
Executing from: "/Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/unpackandbuild/pip-9.0.1"
  File "setup.py", line 6, in <module>
    from setuptools import setup, find_packages
ImportError: No module named setuptools
Finished executing: "python -s setup.py --no-user-cfg install --force --verbose 2>&1 | tee -a /Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/build-app.log.txt"
Finished executing from: "/Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/unpackandbuild/pip-9.0.1"
Installing libpng
Executing: "tar -Jxf /Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/downloads/libpng-1.6.29.tar.xz -C /Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/unpackandbuild 2>&1 | tee -a /Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/build-app.log.txt"
Executing from: "/Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild"
tar: Unrecognized archive format
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
Finished executing: "tar -Jxf /Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/downloads/libpng-1.6.29.tar.xz -C /Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/unpackandbuild 2>&1 | tee -a /Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/build-app.log.txt"
Finished executing from: "/Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild"
Unpacked: /Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/downloads/libpng-1.6.29.tar.xz
Executing: "./configure 2>&1 | tee -a /Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/build-app.log.txt"
Executing from: "[]"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, list found
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JamesBold

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:39:29 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2017, 09:05:25 AM by JamesBold

I guess I saw on there that X Code 7 is recommended, so I would want to maybe downgrade X Code From 8 to 7, and try installing that way?

I was able to build using this mac os patch:
https://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory/commit/22130dffd119eba081c462dc3c0b338515bf4a3f

And it created the Armory application, so I can double click it in Finder. But the app doesn't open at all, just maybe auto quits or something.

When I try running the App in terminal, I get this error:

open ./Armory.app
LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/Armory.app.
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:25:02 AM

I does wallet consistency check, and then stays on gray bars for preparing db and scan tx history

I need the full log.

JamesBold

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:26:08 PM

When I build BCHSigner Armory on MacOs Sierra, with Xcode 8, the App is created, but when I run it, I get this error:

LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/Armory.app.

Errors I see in the build log are:

"2017-Aug-21 12:12pm
Executing: "patch -p0 < /Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/qmake_LFLAGS.patch 2>&1 | tee -a /Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/build-app.log.txt"
Executing from: "/Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/objc_armory"
patching file ./Makefile
Hunk #1 FAILED at 15.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file ./Makefile.rej
Finished executing: "patch -p0 < /Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/qmake_LFLAGS.patch 2>&1 | tee -a /Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/build-app.log.txt"
Finished executing from: "/Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/objc_armory""

I also see this error in build log:

EasyDialogs not available in this Python - skipping Build Applet.app
cd PythonLauncher && make install DESTDIR=
test -d "/Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/install" || mkdir -p "/Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/install"
test -d "/Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/install/Python Launcher.app" && rm -r "/Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/install/Python Launcher.app"
make[2]: [install] Error 1 (ignored)
/bin/cp -r "Python Launcher.app" "/Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/install"'

2017-Aug-21 12:07pm
Executing: "python -s setup.py --no-user-cfg install --force --verbose 2>&1 | tee -a /Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/build-app.log.txt"
Executing from: "/Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/unpackandbuild/setuptools-35.0.2"
  File "setup.py", line 11, in <module>
    import setuptools
  File "/Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/unpackandbuild/setuptools-35.0.2/setuptools/__init__.py", line 10, in <module>
    from six.moves import filter, map
ImportError: No module named six.moves

017-Aug-21 12:07pm
Executing from: "/Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/unpackandbuild/pip-9.0.1"
  File "setup.py", line 6, in <module>
    from setuptools import setup, find_packages
ImportError: No module named setuptools

WOuld appreciate if there was a MacOs BCH build.

As of now, waiting for XCode 7.3.1 to finish download, and then attempt to build with XCode 7.3.1 as recommended.
JamesBold

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:17:08 PM

Quick question: Do the offline watch only wallets need to update the source to the bchSign branch? Or can just the online transaction prepping device sign using the BCH Signer, and the offline wallets don't need an update?
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:31:13 PM

Both signer and online instance need updated.

droark

Activity: 525
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 09:56:41 PM

When I build BCHSigner Armory on MacOs Sierra, with Xcode 8, the App is created, but when I run it, I get this error:

You'll need to manually edit the build script and set the OSX version to 10.8. Once you do that, everything should be fine. Just be sure to nuke the workspace first.

WOuld appreciate if there was a MacOs BCH build.

I did make one and fire it down the pipe. Not sure why it hasn't been posted.
JamesBold

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:53:38 AM

You'll need to manually edit the build script and set the OSX version to 10.8. Once you do that, everything should be fine. Just be sure to nuke the workspace first.

No luck with the 10.8 OSX version switch.

I was getting python module related errors like "Setuptools module not found", but then I exported PYTHONPATH over with setuptools and got those to install.

Still, the app doesn't start up, when running it from Terminal, I get error: "LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /Users/nolandiatrading/git/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/Armory.app."

Xcode 7 wouldn't work at all, so back to XCode 8.3.

If someone can please take a look at this

failed macos build LOGS : http://dumptext.com/hpTjd579/raw/
SimonBelmond

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:01:37 PM

I need the full log.

Sent a PM
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:13:04 PM

Sent a PM

Did you modify your wallets offline before going back online? Looks like it's scanning your wallets atm, and 0.96.2 RC2 has this issue where it won't show DB progress under certain circumstances. I've fixed that but I haven't pushed the fix in a build yet.

At any rate, confirm by starting ArmoryDB from the command line, you should see it scanning. Also you can get rid of thread-count=1, you're just gimping the scan unnecessarily.

SimonBelmond

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:23:24 PM

I have watching only wallets. The were were never modified by me willingly. I always start DB first and wait for it to show 0 conf tracking. I had some problem in earlier releases already and there I established that together with you. The installation was running fine online before. Transacted BTC out. Now I have cut the blocks in the bitcoin datadir and not synched Bitcoin. I then start ArmoryDB and let it scan. after the 950 or so files it enables 0 conf. Then I open ArmoryQT and it goes to do the integrity check of the wallet. It then seems to do pretty much nothing.
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:57:01 PM

It then seems to do pretty much nothing.

Your DB shows it's scanning. The wallet check runs in parallel and is unrelated to the DB or the init process.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: