Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:09:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is amazing  (Read 3093 times)
leirou

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 06:41:17 AM

Hi guys,
I been sort of a enthusiast and involved in crypto since 2013 I think. I haven't been that active until last month when I really put tons of hours reading and catching up.
I have talked so much about crypto with family members that they ask me to save some funds for them in crypto and I believe BTC is the safest bet. I got some at 2700 but the price is going up like crazy, usually there is a correction but it seems BTC has a rocket in its behind Smiley
My question is for long term is it better to wait or is the price going to keep rising. Maybe we have a new bottom?
I know it's speculation but curious what people are thinking.

Other than that I'm glad to be a part of this great technology and promoting it.

As Bitcoin rally up this week straight there will be a big chance of correction but it wont be as deep as past bottom. It have a good chance to rally up greater than its all time high again. But nobody knows when will it have the correction.
vampyren (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:08:04 AM

Exactly, I'm hoping for the correction to get little more, I got in at 2700 and Again at 3000 and it keeps rising.
One thing I don't really know is if I want to take profit and wait for a dip, what currency do I go to. Sites like bittrex don't sell into dollar. Going to other crypto has its risk as well.
I'm actually a holder but with BTC, Ethereum, ltc all rising so much there has to be a correction even if it's a small one.
Any tips on that?
I will keep 1btc offline always Smiley

Danny: if your bet is with 5-10 years it's s a valid one otherwise we might note be even alive  Smiley

I watched a video where this guy talked about the price going to 1milj and what would be required. Basically we need to go from billion to trillions market cap to see a rise like that. Its not impossible but maybe unlikely in our lifetime. I do hope though Smiley
hitlab

Activity: 88

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:27:38 AM

You are better off not doing that. It is impossible to predict when you should take profit and if a dip is coming.

If you are holding it long term, just buy it and hold. Slowly accumulate a bit more every time there is a dip.
vampyren (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:29:56 AM

True, it's always a gamble. Well for sure accumulate a little weekly.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:49:22 AM

I got some at 2700 but the price is going up like crazy, usually there is a correction but it seems BTC has a rocket in its behind Smiley
My question is for long term is it better to wait or is the price going to keep rising. Maybe we have a new bottom?

The latest price fluctuations revolved around concerns over a hard fork and what the implications of it might be. For now we're in the clear as far as hard fork goes. Thus price is increasing. Looking at charts of btc prices, the recent dips in price were nearly all due to uncertainty and fear over bitcoin unlimited or the latest fork. It might be fair to label it speculation but that doesn't mean there aren't reasons behind price movements that can be defined.

Goldman Sachs analysts have called for btc to reach $3,900. I would guess that's the upper limit although it could go higher. It depends on how many long term btc holders decide to dump their holdings, cash out of btc and find some new investments.
rajon

Activity: 200

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 11:56:45 AM

It is true that bitcoin is happy to enjoy it. when I came to know about it, I was Thinking of amity and now after understanding a lot about it seems that it's really a lot of fun it's more fun to work on it.
farhaan

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 01:01:22 PM

Hi guys,
I been sort of a enthusiast and involved in crypto since 2013 I think. I haven't been that active until last month when I really put tons of hours reading and catching up.
I have talked so much about crypto with family members that they ask me to save some funds for them in crypto and I believe BTC is the safest bet. I got some at 2700 but the price is going up like crazy, usually there is a correction but it seems BTC has a rocket in its behind Smiley

Other than that I'm glad to be a part of this great technology and promoting it.
Definitely,bitcoin price is going to go high in future.It may even cross $5000 by this year end.Investments in bitcoins should be in a long term basis and short term benefits should not be expected as in altcoins.So,better hold it and don't regret after by selling it now.There are only very few chances for bitcoin price to fall again.

▄▄ ▀█▄▀█▄ ▄ ▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀  ███▀██▄▄▀
█████▀▀█ ██  ███ ██████▄▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄█ ██▌  ███▄▀██████▄▀
█████▀ ▀▄ ██▄  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀
 ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▀▄ ▀██▄  ▀▀████████▐▌█
  ██████  ▀▄ ▀██▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▌█▀
   ▀██▀  ▄▄▀▀▄ ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ █▀▄
       ▄███▀  ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▀ ▀▄
       ▀██▀  ▄███  ▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▄ █▄
            ▄███  ▐██▌ ██▌ █▄ ▀
              ▀   ███  ███  ▀
ONSTELLAR   ▄████▄▄
  █████  █▄
 ▐██████████▄▄
 ▐███████████▀█▄
 ██████▀▀▀▀████▀
 █████           ▄▄▄▄                        ▄▄▄
▐█████▌       ▄▄███████        ▄▄████▄      ▀▀███
███████      ███████████      ████████▌       ███
███████▌    ███████▀▀▀███    ▐████   ▀▀
████████   ▐██████▌    ▀▀     ▀▀▀
█████████  ███████
▐█████████   ▀▀▀▀
  ▀██████▀
FROM THE PARANORMAL TO THE METAPHYSICAL
THE WORLD'S FIRST SOCIAL NETWORK
WHERE THE UNEXPLAINED LIVES...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████▄
█████████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▀█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████ ████████████████
▀██████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄██████████████▀
▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 01:06:29 PM

I am 100% certain that it is going to go to $1,000,000 per 1 BTC in the future.

I am so certain about this, that I am willing to commit to pay you 10 BTC if it never reaches an exchange rate of $1,000,000 per 1 BTC.
Are you sure that it will reach 100,000$ ? It is a huge price and all the bitcoin holders here will be millionaires if they store bitcoins. In 2009 many users lost the chance to purchase bitcoins at the rate of 0.52$ but they can cover the loss here if the price really crosses 100,000$.

It will be the biggest history and also the biggest achievement for bitcoin if it try to reach there. I can predict the price of 4000$ until September end but the price you are predicting is quite high!
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 01:17:05 PM

I am 100% certain that it is going to go to $1,000,000 per 1 BTC in the future.

I am so certain about this, that I am willing to commit to pay you 10 BTC if it never reaches an exchange rate of $1,000,000 per 1 BTC.
Are you sure that it will reach 100,000$ ? It is a huge price and all the bitcoin holders here will be millionaires if they store bitcoins. In 2009 many users lost the chance to purchase bitcoins at the rate of 0.52$ but they can cover the loss here if the price really crosses 100,000$.

It will be the biggest history and also the biggest achievement for bitcoin if it try to reach there. I can predict the price of 4000$ until September end but the price you are predicting is quite high!
I guess it will go to $1000,000 per BTC in the future but i am not certain what year will it occur because bitcoin is doing a halving every 4 years. If the bitcoin is getting smaller to mine the price will get bigger if they are planning to develop bitcoin using BIPxxx i guess there must be a changes in the price.

trippki

Activity: 100

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 01:41:40 PM

I think the long term price of BTC is going to be far higher in the next 10 years. If we imagine a conservative figure for the year 2025 as $100k than slight drops of $50 -$200 wont matter. I suggest you take the plunge, good luck.
FrenchBTC

Activity: 104

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:04:21 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2017, 02:31:21 PM by FrenchBTC

Hi,

I would say it's a really good question for which I thought a lot...

My conclusion and personnal advice is :

- if you really believe in BTC, don't look a the current price and start to buy now.
- then, as there will be some big drops in the price as it already occured, then continue to buy at these special moments.
- for the "targets price" : I think for sure you have to put some of your BTCs (30, 40 , 50%) on paper wallet or hardware device and FORGET THEM FOR AT LEAST  7-8 years...
- for the others BTCs, you may think and try to sell either at pics (very very difficult) or more likely after several goals reached by BTCs...

Really the most difficult part will be to forget some of your BTCs while following the BTCs price and continuing buying or selling sometimes...That's why I would suggest paper wallets for a fixed amount and then for only this amount you forget them for a loooong time...

I'll also say that of course nobody can predict the future price of BTC BUT either for sure it's far from its real value :
in 7-8 years it will be either at 0$ or over 100000$. That's my point of view...So if you're ready to bet, then 2700$ or 3400$ a BTC is the same...

Hello ! Would like to learn more about BTC...
vampyren (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:19:08 PM

Hi,

I would say it's a really good question for which I thought a lot...

My conclusion and personnal advice is :

- if you really believe in BTC, don't look a the current price and start to buy now.
- then, as there will be some big drops in the price as it already occured, then continue to buy at these special moments.
- for the "targets price" : I think for sure you have to put some of your BTCs (30, 40 , 50%) on paper wallet or hardware device and FORGET THEM FOR AT LEAST  7-8 years...
- for the others BTCs, you may think and try to sell either at pics (very very difficult) or more likely after several goals reached by BTCs...

Really the most difficult part will be to forget some of your BTCs while following the BTCs price and continuing buying or selling sometimes...That's why I would suggest paper wallets for a fixed amount and then for only this amount you forget them for a loooong time...

I'll also say that of course nobody can predict the future price of BTC BUT either for sure it's far from its real value :
in 7-8 years either it will be at 0$, either it will be over 100000$. That's my point of view...So if you're ready to bet, then 2700$ or 3400$ a BTC is the same...
Good summary!
Pretty much what I'm thinking, I have already made a paper wallet with private key for my BTC savings. I don't do the mistake I made years ago and become emotional during the dips, instead I will get more if I can efford It.
All my investment are pretty much for hodle.
I learned much from people like
https://youtu.be/O1QlOOoELr8
You need to have discipline Smiley
cipotok

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:41:27 PM

I do not know what to say because bitcoin is really amazing because bitcoin can give me a new hope in my life.
If people know what the benefits of bitcoin maybe they all will come to play without negative thinking especially to bitcoin .. so who do not understand with bitcoin let's learn and find out what is a new bitcoin you can talk what is bitcoin.
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:01:27 PM

I agree with you there, I am also a crypto enthusiast like you and I have been so since 2015 and yes one thing I and everyone else has noticed is that BTC' value is just increasing exponentially and well it isn't stopping. I have invented and other cryptos also but none of them had a price graph as BTC, they either remain relatively constant or drop down within 4-5 months of their creation.
CrypticGambit

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:14:03 PM

Well it is amazing if you jumped in early. In my country you need to work 1 year in order to buy bitcoin... It is really really overpriced now, this is insane

Kodanshkang4

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:42:02 PM

I think bitcoin is the choice for investment, it can be for long and medium term, my family and I also save bitcoin and I do not sell it, I only sell Bitcoin when the price is good and can give profit.

I think bitcoin has some significant capacity to hold the value but I doubt it will rocket to 1 mil since it does not have significant utility. The whole cryptocurrency utility is taking the position from the current financing system like stock exchange and banking. Plus, the smart contract and the similar crypto economy takes out the bloated intermediary middleman's profit like itunes, google, and facebook. Does gold have utility? No. Same as bitcoin and alike. It holds the value, primarily.
Of course, Its should keep getting higher and higher.  
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:58:32 PM

this year, the value of bitcoin must go up since the supply is going fewer.

No.

Incorrect.

This year, the supply will NOT be "going fewer".  The supply will INCREASE 477,000 BTC this year.
Yes, and that will cause a price pump. Many millions of new users have started building their courier in bitcoins and that is too good for the future of bitcoins.

Bitcoin has a immense growth and it can at least cross 4000$. I'm not sure about 100,000$ as mentioned in some posts above but it will definitely grow. Perhaps until 100,000$ it may grow. The more we will invest in bitcoins, the more profit we will definitely get.
Hoganye

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:23:02 PM

Hi guys,

Definitely,bitcoin price is going to go high in future.It may even cross $5000 by this year end.Investments in bitcoins should be in a long term basis and short term benefits should not be expected as in altcoins.So,better hold it and don't regret after by selling it now.There are only very few chances for bitcoin price to fall again.
Actually the value of Bitcoin from 2015 until today has growth high than x10. This is a huge growth rate with any asset in outside, but I understand the value of Bitcoin can growth as now because the community cryptocurrency in short time can attractive many people on the world's, including me.
vampyren (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:55:10 AM

Yes and that is hard to grasp, people Keep underestimating it and BTC keeps going up.
Although I see I huge market in smart contracts space so that is why i invest in NEO and little ethereum.
I do love LTC and XEM to.
I diversify in projects I believe in Smiley
Still i think BTC is the golden chicken every one look at at value based crypto coin.
YS84

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

UTEMIS| pre-ICO 15.02.2018 | +50% Bonus

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 02:15:44 PM

Of course, now all of us have more attention about bitcoins how they react in the future. Many comments and post here asking about bitcoins and its safety in the future. I was afraid to invest there when it came to market earlier. But I am now in my prediction, it will be the king of cryptocurrencies in the near future and my answer is it is better invested it on long term and wait and see. Yep it is amazing!

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: