Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:04:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the future of bitcoin is brighter then any other currency in the world.  (Read 2236 times)
Yarsk (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 06:15:44 AM

If you have notice recently the price of bitcoin is constantly on the increase in the exchange market, today bitcoin go for as high as $3412 and still counting high in some days to come.
So my question is when do you consider the best time to sell your bitcoin or is it better to just save it for a while considering the constant rise in price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 06:19:33 AM

Now it looks like the price is constantly rising but you have to now that it doesn't have to be always like this. Volatility is natural for bitcoin ad price gets up and down all the time. That is something that people have to learn, price growth is not constant but it's not the end of the world when it drops down, this is just natural cycle. You have to decide what you want to do with your bitcoins, whether you want to save it for longer term and profit on the price growth with time or you want to trade it and spend it. 

malaj
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 06:23:13 AM

If you have notice recently the price of bitcoin is constantly on the increase in the exchange market, today bitcoin go for as high as $3412 and still counting high in some days to come.
So my question is when do you consider the best time to sell your bitcoin or is it better to just save it for a while considering the constant rise in price.
I will hold the bitcoins for long time due to the trend of bitcoins price is increasing for long time about couples years later
i won't buy or sell bitcoins trading bitcoins fair fiat and i don't have plan to sell my bitcoins,
but i just traded bitcoins fair altcoins and some the profit will be hold in bitcoins for long time the best time to sell my bitcoins is couples years later not today.
Yuhee

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 06:23:27 AM

This just proves that more and more people are getting intersted in cryptocurrency. And Btc is like the most powerful currency amongst most of them because other crypto's adjust there price accordingly. Businessmen or even government entities are starting to invest in btc in the fear that maybe clients or citizens might move there money on btc leaving theses entities in low profits. But off course btc can help a countries' economy if handled properly.
Smarty14392

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 06:37:10 AM

Selling bitcoins for now will not give a good profit instead try to store them and then sell once they are too high. Perhaps bitcoin will soon reach 4000$ and at that time it will be a good profit if we sell bitcoins then.Now the price is high but it will go much high according to the predictions and some research.
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 06:39:50 AM

That's a very hard questions to answer, especially now that bitcoin is rising very fast, honestly I only sell my bitcoin if I really need to sell it, but if I don't have an emergency I can't attend to without using bitcoin I will not sell it and wait for it to reach $10000 or more.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 06:46:39 AM

Now it looks like the price is constantly rising but you have to now that it doesn't have to be always like this. Volatility is natural for bitcoin ad price gets up and down all the time. That is something that people have to learn, price growth is not constant but it's not the end of the world when it drops down, this is just natural cycle. You have to decide what you want to do with your bitcoins, whether you want to save it for longer term and profit on the price growth with time or you want to trade it and spend it. 

Volatility is the key term here. For some reason people just expect bitcoin or cryptocurrencies in general just to go up in price forever. And when a certain cryptocurrency would drop 10% in price a day, they will be like "crypto XYZ's price crashed, what the hell happened?", as if 200-300% rise in price in a short period of time is a normal thing.

When will I sell my bitcoin? I don't see the reason to. Isn't the main goal to get away from fiat? Then why sell? Use it in the future when bitcoin gets more accepted globally. As of now the only reason I would sell bitcoin is in an event of a emergency whereas I will be needing a huge amount of fiat.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:14:46 AM

if you are not a day trader then there is no good time to sell bitcoin because price will always rise before you can turn your head and look at what happened to the price after you sold. and in case you are not a day trader you should only consider the long term investment and the long term profit of bitcoin.
take a look at this topic to get the feeling of what I mean by "long term": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1790863.0

if you ARE a day trade then after a big rise is usually a good time to sell and then immediately place multiple buy orders at lower prices where you think is going to be the support or below support (conversely the price that you think can be reached).

Only Bitcoin
TheGodson

Activity: 383
Merit: 161

https://nitrogensports.eu/r/4896627

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:30:15 AM

The question or statement in your title doesn't match the subject of what you typed about. I thought you were going to explain why bitcoin is better than other currencies or possibly ask why other people thought that way. To answer the actual question in the subject, I'd say buy and hold.

The grammar nazi in me can't resist. The title should read "Why the future of bitcoin is brighter than any other currency in the world."

Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:37:55 AM

Bitcoin price is a major attraction from the common people. Now next to bitcoin ethereum has been gaining popularity which is just because of the higher price than any other digital currency. Brighter future of bitcoin is due to the multiple usage access and market acceptance rather than just trading.

elite3000
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:52:02 AM

Bitcoin future is brighter than one other currency because other currencies already have millions of users and will be hard for them get new users because you can't use foreign currency in your country. And they are all the same, so no innovation
aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:54:29 AM

I would recommend doing something like buy low sell high, but that will be super hard to do, since Bitcoin is volatile (price goes up and down a lot) and therefore it is nearly impossible to predict when the price will go up and when the prices will go down. Holding is also what some people do, since the price of bitcoin will eventually go up and they are just waiting for that day.  

I mostly just sell 40% of what I earn from signature campaigns and with the rest, I hold and wait until prices go up and sell again. Bought some bitcoin when it was only 2K and sold all of it when it was 3.2K around a couple of days back.

User365

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

physics, mathematics and engineering

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:57:11 AM

I think bitcoin has a great advantage above other cryptocurrencies. It is popular, I mean not popular like facebook or google or the dollar but compared to other cryptocurrencies it is very popular. So if someone new to the cryptoworld invests into some cryptoes it is likely that he will choose BTC first.

I can imagine following scenarios:
- Bitcoin will be always the king because of it´s popularity, tx speed and cost will be fixed and more features come (like f.e. smart contracts)
- Bitcoin will fall and some other crypto takes it´s place because the cummunity is not able to fix problems in enough time

both of these scenarios would be a slow process, would not happen over night but in a few months

[could be your ad]
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:05:09 AM

I don't any one can tell the best time to sell your bitcoib or even the idea of keeping or saving them for a while will give much retur...I can say is that bitcoin is very unpredictable yes so far it's getting higher now but you never know what's gonna happen tomorrow I would suggest you sell them when you think the price is reasonable don't wait for so much high price when you think you can have good income now then sell them...
fredrickodo

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:16:55 AM

I think bitcoin has a great merit above other cryptocurrencies because it's the first accepted cryptocurrency ever existed with the profit so amazing.
GideonGono

Activity: 2002
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 08:23:45 AM

if you are not a day trader then there is no good time to sell bitcoin because price will always rise before you can turn your head and look at what happened to the price after you sold. and in case you are not a day trader you should only consider the long term investment and the long term profit of bitcoin.
take a look at this topic to get the feeling of what I mean by "long term": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1790863.0

if you ARE a day trade then after a big rise is usually a good time to sell and then immediately place multiple buy orders at lower prices where you think is going to be the support or below support (conversely the price that you think can be reached).

I agree. It is better to look at in long-term-perspective especially if you are not a trader or day trader. There are a lot of people in the pas tor even this year since the price had increased considerably this year and a lot of people sold it then regret. It is a wise decision (in my opinion) to hold but don't feel bad if it drops since it is natural but the thing is it will have a new floor, a new high and lows compared to the previous months and years.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:31:03 AM

I think bitcoin has a great merit above other cryptocurrencies because it's the first accepted cryptocurrency ever existed with the profit so amazing.

Yes that's true! bitcoin is the first created cryptocurrency and known worldwide, more people invested this currency now that's why the market value is so high.
soham

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:41:40 AM

My strategy is to earn and hold bitcoins. Because there's a lot of strength left in bitcoin and it is not going to stop anytime soon. The price is around 3300 USD today and that's not the highest you can think.

I am sure if you hold your bitcoin for another 3-4 years, you will get more than 250% profit compared to the current price. So that's what I am trying to do, just earn and save it in a secure location.

▄████▄       
██████       
▀████▀       
▀██████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▄▄█████  ▄██████████████████▄
▄██████▀██  ████████████████████
▄█████▀    ▀  ████████████████████
▄█████▀         ███ ████████████ ███
██████▀          ███ ████████████ ███
███████           ███ ████████████ ███

▄████▄                  ███████   
██████                 ▄██████     
▀████▀                ▄█████▀     
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄    ▄█████▀       
▄██████████████████▄  ██▄ █████▀         
████████████████████  ██████▀▀           
████████████████████  ██████▄             
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                       
  [    |    ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███            ▀████████
███  ███████  ▄  ▀██████
███           ██▄  ▀████
███  ███████  ████▄  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
  ] 
FACEBOOK  )   (  TWITTER  )
  SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! 
INSTAGRAM  )  (  LINKEDIN  )
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:45:41 AM

I can imagine following scenarios:
- Bitcoin will be always the king because of it´s popularity, tx speed and cost will be fixed and more features come (like f.e. smart contracts)
- Bitcoin will fall and some other crypto takes it´s place because the cummunity is not able to fix problems in enough time

it doesn't have to be completely black and white. it can be grey too Smiley
for example bitcoin stays the same, strong, growing, ... and another cryptocurrency is invented with things other than "get rich quick", "ICO", ... in mind -things such as being a cryptocurrency, or what Satoshi wrote in his paper- and that cryptocurrency aka altcoin grows as big as bitcoin and they are used alongside each other each having similar yet different purposes.

Yes that's true! bitcoin is the first created cryptocurrency and known worldwide, more people invested this currency now that's why the market value is so high.

bitcoin is not the "first created" cryptocurrency.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Hamstead

Activity: 805

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:14:38 AM

We observed now that bitcoin still growing and the price always goes up. Bitcoin is become successful against odds, even though segwit might happen  but still on the top among others. Community embraced and welcoming it as new generation of currencies. A possible thing may happens that bitcoin will take place as a world currency.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: