Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:05:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that in near future BTC would be connected with mobile number?  (Read 2981 times)
pearlmen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:13:50 PM

No. Hell no. A BTC address affiliated with a mobile number is a huge problem in terms of anonymity. One of the pros of bitcoin is being somewhat anonymous to some extent, due to wallet addresses not being affiliated with any personal data or information that the wallet owner has. Connecting wallets/addresses to a mobile number will render this feature useless. You can use those services if you want. But don't come crying here saying that you lost your bitcoins because the service provider got hacked.

This important feature of bitcoin which is anonymity will be under threat if this should happen but that does not mean it won't happen considering that there are several companies coming into bitcoin and not everyone wants to be anonymous and at the same time people are ready to give up anonymity for convenience which that might bring about. Using the banking system for example, with my phone number, I can virtually do anything without having to open an app or connected to the internet.
dreamer81

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:16:58 PM

of course not. Mobile numbers are allready on their way out. You can make calls to people without anyones phone number today.
cliffhanger35

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:10:07 PM

This goes against everything Satoshi worked for. Privacy, anonymity, why would people sacrifice those for no real benefits? 
Ganymede (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:40:24 PM

Hi guys and girls.
What do you think will they ever make BTC connected with our mobile numbers (so we could pay with it)?  Cool
you can send bitcoin right from your mobile wallet, scan qr code or paste an bitcoin address and send. why do you want it to be connected to a mobile number?
That is not what i was wondering about, my question was can you go out on dinner and pay with it like credit card (plus i didnt say that i want that i was wondering is it possible) .
not yet mate that's still a way far since adoptions are not fully implemented and like what others said it will break the purpose of bitcoin being anonymous if you will provide and connect your mobile number your wallet will now be traceable and for sure if you have a lots of bitcoin your identity will be revealed.
Well i didnt think about connecting whole wallet on sim number more of an app that handles BTC (example you go out and transfer from youre pc crypto coin and go out with just one) which is safer from theft. And as for identity well how can they know identity if you dont have any social networks on youre mobile ? Smiley

Be careful! Don't lose your Bitcoins in November 2017 forks!!!
See a very serious warning here: https://bitcoin.org (https://bitcoin.org/en/alert/2017-10-09-segwit2x-safety)
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:01:03 PM

Hi guys and girls.
What do you think will they ever make BTC connected with our mobile numbers (so we could pay with it)?  Cool
Well, it’s likely to be possible, since there are some bitcoin platforms that lets users send bitcoin using their email addresses, I believe inventing mobile number as one of the means of transaction won’t be any difficult task to take. Still, it may lead to compromise the one of basic concepts of bitcoins, being anonymous.
PhucS

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:14:24 PM

Hi guys and girls.
As far as I know, nowadays, all Bitcoin users can easily send, receive and trade Bitcoins on their phones with the internet. We only need to copy and paste the wallet address or scan qr code and then execute the transaction, it is simple. If BTC is connected to a mobile phone number, I think it is also simple and convenient for Bitcoin trading. However, a big problem is security. If you connect Bitcoin to a cell phone number, your level of security and anonymity is likely to be gone, this is in contrast to the nature of Bitcoin.
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:21:50 PM

To me, the use of one's Mobile number should not be an issue, if it is relevant as part of medium  needed, it will definitely be requested for. I think the needed is what is requested now.
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:23:18 PM

I HOPE NOT!!

having bitcoin connected on mobile numbers is a mess!!
mobile is one of dangerous place to have our money.. we cant see them but our carrier can..
and please let us be all anonymous!! THANKS
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 05:30:23 PM

I don't find mobile numbers safe enough to be connected to any bank account or payment wallet. Today, it takes seconds for people to get IDs and there have been so many scams associated with bitcoins which would make it highly insecure to pay with our mobile number and not have any additional security. Credit/debit cards too are insecure but still to get another credit/debit card is tough unless our card is stolen. Wallets like ledger are safer to use for btc.

ceedtime

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:32:37 PM

Hi guys and girls.

I couldn't be sure if we really need this feature. For this, bitcoin devs have to improve new updates and this updates would be serious ones. So, I don't expect this to happen in near future.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:35:23 PM

Hi guys and girls.

There are wallets which provide something similar. You can connect your mobile number with wallet and send btc instantly to your contacts using internal wallet transfer. However, this feature is in-built and not applicable to phone numbers which are not registered with that wallet.
I don't think there will be any add-on to BTC in future which will allow you to transfer funds from mobile-to-mobile universally without actually using single service.
mattermaster

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:37:30 PM

Btc may be connected to respective owner's mobile numbers but this way the btc will losse some portion of anonymity.
Traders who are happy with its anonymity, shall not be happy if this case happens

Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:40:37 PM

That would be a pretty dumb idea if you ask me. Because why would you put your personal info in something that benefits on being anonymous at a limited extent? Why even use btc in the first place?? Just for profit? I don't think profit will be forever in btc. It will someday become what it is made to be. A great crypto currency. By making your mobile number connected to bitcoins you open up so much about you. Because we all know mobile numbers are used widely for internet accounts., i.e., facebook, google, etc...

I just don't see a lot potential. But maybe. If it is just an opion and not a requirement for all that has btc. Then it would be nice cause with cellular network, offline transactions with sms are great. Its like having load on your prepaid account on sim cards. That you can pass around to anyone you want to.
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:44:59 PM

Hi guys and girls.

There are wallets which provide something similar. You can connect your mobile number with wallet and send btc instantly to your contacts using internal wallet transfer. However, this feature is in-built and not applicable to phone numbers which are not registered with that wallet.
I don't think there will be any add-on to BTC in future which will allow you to transfer funds from mobile-to-mobile universally without actually using single service.

They maybe connect our BTC address to our mobile number so we can use the mobile number to transfer BTC. I think without BTC address we can not send or receive any BTC with a just mobile number. If this facility is there means I am sure your BTC is connected to your number. Until today I did not find a site like this, can you please share that site names?
tweetbit

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:48:54 PM

It might be applicable only for those country who doesn't register there mobile numbers, to hide there profile. It might use by government chasing us.

HODL
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:57:22 PM

Hi guys and girls.
What do you think will they ever make BTC connected with our mobile numbers (so we could pay with it)?  Cool

They maybe connect our BTC address to our mobile number so we can use the mobile number to transfer BTC. I think without BTC address we can not send or receive any BTC with a just mobile number. If this facility is there means I am sure your BTC is connected to your number. Until today I did not find a site like this, can you please share that site names?

It doesn't actually work like connecting btc addresses with mobile number. Rather such services are provided by web wallets in their mobile apps. BTC.COM mobile app is one such wallet.
As one doesn't get private keys of owned Bitcoins on such wallets, web wallets have full control over our btc. So they can easily debit/credit different accounts based on mobile-2-mobile request made.
Here are the screenshots-

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:29:04 PM

I don't find mobile numbers safe enough to be connected to any bank account or payment wallet. Today, it takes seconds for people to get IDs and there have been so many scams associated with bitcoins which would make it highly insecure to pay with our mobile number and not have any additional security. Credit/debit cards too are insecure but still to get another credit/debit card is tough unless our card is stolen. Wallets like ledger are safer to use for btc.
You don't find them to be safe, but in a way they are a part of your bank profile. All banks I've dealt with required the users to submit their numbers. My main bank is sending me messages with pin codes and stuff. If they really wanted to track me they could do it with ease.
Your phone might already be connected to your bitcoin addresses through an exchange, if you've given it to them. Privacy no longer exists.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Ganymede (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 06:42:04 PM

Hi guys and girls.

I couldn't be sure if we really need this feature. For this, bitcoin devs have to improve new updates and this updates would be serious ones. So, I don't expect this to happen in near future.
Well you must say its not bad idea if you read some of my previous post about its security, and it may happen in future why not.

See a very serious warning here: https://bitcoin.org (https://bitcoin.org/en/alert/2017-10-09-segwit2x-safety)
Ganymede (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 06:45:55 PM

You don't find them to be safe, but in a way they are a part of your bank profile. All banks I've dealt with required the users to submit their numbers. My main bank is sending me messages with pin codes and stuff. If they really wanted to track me they could do it with ease.
Your phone might already be connected to your bitcoin addresses through an exchange, if you've given it to them. Privacy no longer exists.

Someone knows what im talking about. I cant write whole thoughts on post but he knows what im talking about. Cheesy

dragonusa9

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:08:47 PM

i would love to, but if we look at other POV. i dont really think this would be good.
its like linking their own profile at some mobile number right? police/goverment can locate the user of BTC easily this way. so i prefer no if possible
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: