Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:03:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that in near future BTC would be connected with mobile number?  (Read 2986 times)
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:10:52 AM

I think that this might very well be possible in the future.
A connection between a bitcoin address and a mobile number.
Not for all addresses, of course.
But I can imagine that some companies want payments from veryfied wallets for security reasons.
To them it's important to know who they are making business with.

This does not make any sense at all. Why you asked? Because one of Bitcoin's sole purpose is to make its users anonymous from their transactions yet you think connecting it to a mobile number will support that feature? If a company wants to verify the person there are many ways to do so from checking their credit card bills to visiting their homes. I hope you are getting my point that I am making.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
RomanPetrush

Activity: 630
Merit: 123

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:35:07 AM

But I can imagine that some companies want payments from veryfied wallets for security reasons.

Yeah, it could happen. Even facebook and google accounts verifies through the mobile, so the numbers 100% will be connected trough the interface of the wallet.

MostHigh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:41:17 AM

it is very possible in the near future if the mobile money agencies and btc decides to create a portfolio to link this up. In my world mobile banking is very huge and if BTC will get in that direction then PRAISES
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:23:09 PM

This does not make any sense at all. Why you asked? Because one of Bitcoin's sole purpose is to make its users anonymous from their transactions yet you think connecting it to a mobile number will support that feature? If a company wants to verify the person there are many ways to do so from checking their credit card bills to visiting their homes. I hope you are getting my point that I am making.

Why would it not make sense?
What bitcoins purpose is and what people use it for, those are two different things.
I am not saying that every bitcoin address needs to be veryfied.
But I say that there might be a market for verified bitcoin adresses.
The anonymity of bitcoin is for some people a reason to work with bitcoin. But for others the opposite.
If both sides of a transaction want it more secure, why not?

It's me!!!
shiningstar

Activity: 420

Qravity is a decentralized content production

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:53:05 PM

I don't think that's a good idea to connect phone number with btc address because phone numbers always have the private information of the user. Anonymity is one of the plus feature of bitcoin that some people like and by connecting that to phonenumber, you basically lose that advantage.

KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:43:42 PM

yes , if can connected with mobile phone then i think Bitcoin market will growing very fast because now most of people using mobile phone to connect internet .
Indeed, now bitcoins are already using cell phone numbers to transact, cell phone numbers are also very helpful in securing the bitcoin you have from the hands of bad guys and even hackers. Because if anyone suspicious you can get news from your cell phone number.
Hackers have found an exploit in SS7 and cell numbers can also be hacked. It just depends upon their level of knowledge. However, connecting one's transactions of bitcoins with his phone number is a foolish idea and you are giving information to NSA (National Security Agency) directly. If I were you, I would have never done that.
Kisanaq

Activity: 700
Merit: 277

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:58:20 PM

technology is growing very rapidly, and anything becomes easier, of course the developers have set up an application to connect bitcoin with mobile number and I'm sure this will soon be we get.
muncuss

Activity: 706
Merit: 101

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 06:18:13 PM

Why we need mobile number? A wallet and bitcoin address are enough to make bitcoin transaction. why we need mobile number?

rb26

Activity: 247
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:12:27 PM

Hi guys and girls.
What do you think will they ever make BTC connected with our mobile numbers (so we could pay with it)?  Cool

As far as I know, we are already there. There are some wallets (web/online wallet) who requires mobile numbers for the construction of their Bitcoin wallet. The users can easily send Bitcoins using a person's mobile number considering that both parties have the same type of wallet and have verified their mobile number to the web wallet. This is very common to some countries that announced their  acceptance of Bitcoin. It is based from the phrase "know your customer" so by connecting the mobile number, they can know who owns the wallet.

PacePay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:59:42 PM

Not yet happen, but I think it will happen if the technoledge is mature.
Yeah it will happen in future as you said, but it takes a lot of time. And the thing is if technology get matured then they will never ever do that because in this why there is another tax pipe build in our profit which supplies bitcoin to mobile network companies. The other thing is when bitcoin connected to mobile then it will be easy for government to interfere in our assets.
franco123

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:32:06 AM

I dont think so. First of all mobile numbers are traced by network providers which may be a source of hacking bitcoins. Second, a person can have multiple mobile numbers nowaways. And it will be hard if each mobile number will be associated to Bitcoin. However, what is good now on the Bitcoin wallet I am using is when I log in, there is an option that you can log in through mobile number and password or email address and password. This is fine, associating the Bitcoin wallet to mobile number. But the Bitcoin itself.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2268
Merit: 788

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:46:28 AM

Hi guys and girls.
What do you think will they ever make BTC connected with our mobile numbers (so we could pay with it)?  Cool

In my opinion no. Bitcoin's nature being decentralized makes it very difficult to be regulated and traced by everyone by considering it, it would be impossible to connect it with mobile numbers. Not to mention, there are already wallets that support different options of withdrawing or converting bitcoins to fiat and connecting it to our mobile number in my opinion is useless or irrelevant. Lastly, this destroys the purpose of bitcoin being untraceable from person-to-person and I speculate that if that happens, prices would probably decrease.
Doms

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:24:08 AM

There are just so many possibilities when it comes to integrating bitcoin to make it easier to use and to transact with. We have also read about ideas about bitcoin wallets being implanted on the body, smart cars that use bitcoin as payment for gasoline and repair and maintenance. This bitcoin interconnected with the mobile number is one of those ideas that could affect how we do our transactions in the future, but it is up to individuals if this will be a hit or miss thing. It's good for such ideas to come out so that there's a continuous development going on for bitcoin to reach an even wider base of users.
bitcoinmaniac52

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:29:55 AM

There are just so many possibilities when it comes to integrating bitcoin to make it easier to use and to transact with. We have also read about ideas about bitcoin wallets being implanted on the body, smart cars that use bitcoin as payment for gasoline and repair and maintenance. This bitcoin interconnected with the mobile number is one of those ideas that could affect how we do our transactions in the future, but it is up to individuals if this will be a hit or miss thing. It's good for such ideas to come out so that there's a continuous development going on for bitcoin to reach an even wider base of users.

Bitcoin is already connected to our mobile numbers. When you sign up to exchanges they ask you to verify your phone number... that alone is connecting it.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Paid Piper

Activity: 329
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:15:25 PM

I think it will be very useful and easy for the people if it is possible to connect bitcoin with mobile numbers, because everyone will be able to check his balance on the spot that how many bitcoin he has left in his account. So he can use his bitcoin according to his savings. And also people will be able to maintain their accounts in most decent and economic way. So I realize it will be a good step to connect bitcoin with cell numbers.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:19:43 AM

I think it will be very useful and easy for the people if it is possible to connect bitcoin with mobile numbers, because everyone will be able to check his balance on the spot that how many bitcoin he has left in his account. So he can use his bitcoin according to his savings. And also people will be able to maintain their accounts in most decent and economic way. So I realize it will be a good step to connect bitcoin with cell numbers.
What are you even trying to point about? Why do you need to check your Bitcoin balance via mobile number rather than checking your balance directly in your Bitcoin wallet? That is a pretty stupid and careless function that you are wishing to do. Additionally will the mobile network providers actually allow that kind of function? I think not because it won't be a gain for them.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Fortress12345

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:05:24 PM

Hi guys and girls.
No, it can never happen. they can't connect it to the mobile number because it can be risky in security and anonymity.  Even though bitcoin is transparent they can't locate where the exact location of the user but if it connects to our mobile numbers they can locate us and also what if our mobile got into other persons hand, they can access our account just in case.

kuyaJ

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:03:14 AM

Hi guys and girls.

there has a high chance that bitcoin can connected to mobile because in the Philippine online wallet (coin.ph) you can buy a load and also it id connected to your phone number. Some mini store you can load up your wallet using load machine.
lady Royal

Activity: 720

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 12:04:38 AM

It will not happen.
Bitcoin= Anonymity
If you will connect Bitcoin with Mobile Phone Number then there will be no anonymity, So, It will never ever happen in future. We use Bitcoins because we love privacy?

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■   .PRIVATE SALE is LIVE.   ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
.CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Sengoko

Activity: 491
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:43:52 AM

What are you even trying to point about? Why do you need to check your Bitcoin balance via mobile number rather than checking your balance directly in your Bitcoin wallet? That is a pretty stupid and careless function that you are wishing to do. Additionally will the mobile network providers actually allow that kind of function? I think not because it won't be a gain for them.
yes of course it will be connected with mobile numbers and everyone will be able to see his account through his mobile. And there is no need to go anywhere. Other thing is that it will be a very promoting step bitcoin because the use of bitcoin will be very easy and comfortable due to its service available on mobile numbers, because transaction, buying and selling will be more and much easier.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: