Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:40:54 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CIF Blockchain | Launchpad | Education | cryptoimprovementfund.io  (Read 28146 times)
CIF (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Business on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 06:44:48 PM

Medium Release

CIF Welcomes Social Media Expert Warren Whitlock to Advisory Board

CIF Crypto Improvement Fund
CIF Blockchain | Launchpad | Education
» Facebook * Twitter * Telegram * Reddit * Medium «
[/size]
brodyagas86

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:12:14 PM

Some great questions regarding the CIF ICO coin distribution and payment.

I'm interested in investing but I'm confused about the price of the token and how to actually go about buying it.

Price Confusion
It seems price is quoted on the website as 1 USD = 500 CIF or 1 ETH = 870,000 CIF or 1 BTC = 6,000,000 CIF but it also says in the CIF Distribution document that tokens will be allocated based on available tokens and on first-come basis. Does this mean that the price of the token will depend on how many people contribute?

Let me explain this - so we had a price guide on the front page of the website - this was to give people an idea of how many tokens they would receive. This was confusing so we actually took it down as it's not accurate.

This is how tokens will be allocated - currently there are 10m tokens available to purchase. If 2 people put 1 BTC in each, they would each get 5M tokens. If 4 people put 1 BTC in each, they would each get 2.5M tokens. Therefore the number of tokens allocated is entirely based on how much you put in vs. the pot.

Now - you may ask - well I want to know exactly how many tokens i'll be receiving. The answer is - it doesn't matter! Let me explain... If you there's a huge amount contributed to the pot each person will get less tokens (since they're divided up amongst more people) however the listing price will be higher (since the total value of the pot is increased). Therefore the less coins you receive - the more each one of them is worth. This will be translated into the listing when we go live during January - we chose to do this so we wouldn't have to burn coins, it increases our liquidity and... it's a carbon copy of what EOS is doing (which worked very well for them).

How to buy
Clicking on the "Purchase CIF" link on the website brings up a screen that requires me to provide CIF Wallet address, email address and BTC contribution. I guess I'll need to download the CIF wallet and provide the address. Can I pay using ETH or USD?

So you're on the right track.

You do need to download a CIF wallet to generate an address. You need to pick the amount you'd like to contribute (pick the BTC equivalent) and then once you proceed to the next page you can choose to pay with any Altcoin, ETH, ETH Token or BTC.

i can't see a download link for the CIF wallet, how do i contribute then?

Hi B,

Please note that we are launching new wallets which are compiling and will be available tomorrow.

Please note the address to download wallets is https://www.cryptoimprovementfund.io/software/

This message is currently posted on that page.

Can you tell more about the process of exchanging coins from old wallets to new ones?
fynxgloire

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:37:15 AM

Is this coin mineable yet or can we make masternodes yet?
CIF (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 02:19:02 PM

I'm interested in investing but I'm confused about the price of the token and how to actually go about buying it.

Price Confusion
It seems price is quoted on the website as 1 USD = 500 CIF or 1 ETH = 870,000 CIF or 1 BTC = 6,000,000 CIF but it also says in the CIF Distribution document that tokens will be allocated based on available tokens and on first-come basis. Does this mean that the price of the token will depend on how many people contribute?

Let me explain this - so we had a price guide on the front page of the website - this was to give people an idea of how many tokens they would receive. This was confusing so we actually took it down as it's not accurate.

This is how tokens will be allocated - currently there are 10m tokens available to purchase. If 2 people put 1 BTC in each, they would each get 5M tokens. If 4 people put 1 BTC in each, they would each get 2.5M tokens. Therefore the number of tokens allocated is entirely based on how much you put in vs. the pot.

Now - you may ask - well I want to know exactly how many tokens i'll be receiving. The answer is - it doesn't matter! Let me explain... If you there's a huge amount contributed to the pot each person will get less tokens (since they're divided up amongst more people) however the listing price will be higher (since the total value of the pot is increased). Therefore the less coins you receive - the more each one of them is worth. This will be translated into the listing when we go live during January - we chose to do this so we wouldn't have to burn coins, it increases our liquidity and... it's a carbon copy of what EOS is doing (which worked very well for them).

How to buy
Clicking on the "Purchase CIF" link on the website brings up a screen that requires me to provide CIF Wallet address, email address and BTC contribution. I guess I'll need to download the CIF wallet and provide the address. Can I pay using ETH or USD?

You do need to download a CIF wallet to generate an address. You need to pick the amount you'd like to contribute (pick the BTC equivalent) and then once you proceed to the next page you can choose to pay with any Altcoin, ETH, ETH Token or BTC.

Hi B,

Please note that we are launching new wallets which are compiling and will be available tomorrow.

Please note the address to download wallets is https://www.cryptoimprovementfund.io/software/

Can you tell more about the process of exchanging coins from old wallets to new ones?

Yes - We're just in the process of coding an automatic swapping bot - when we have QA tested it we will roll it out. We will not list on an exchange until you have a chance to swap out your coins (for existing holders).

[/size]
CIF (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 02:20:04 PM

The chain is created - we have not created a mining pool yet.

Masternodes - yes you can, after you receive coins from the updated chain. We will finish a guide for masternodes after the ICO is complete and all coins are allocated/ swapped.

[/size]
CIF (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 02:21:02 PM

Medium Release

CIF partnering with BitDegree, creating Blockchain B2B course content

[/size]
brodyagas86

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:44:20 PM

Price Confusion

How to buy

Hi B,

Yes - We're just in the process of coding an automatic swapping bot - when we have QA tested it we will roll it out. We will not list on an exchange until you have a chance to swap out your coins (for existing holders).
Ok thanks) drink coffee and wait)
Vababaika

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:48:38 PM

Masternodes - yes you can, after you receive coins from the updated chain. We will finish a guide for masternodes after the ICO is complete and all coins are allocated/ swapped.

Hello, Dev, how many coins are required for Masternode?

CIF (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 02:49:33 PM

Hello, Dev, how many coins are required for Masternode?

100,000 CIF

[/size]
CIF (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 02:49:50 PM

Price Confusion

How to buy

Hi B,

I'm on my third cup.

[/size]
brodyagas86

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:22:17 PM

Price Confusion

How to buy

Hi B,

I'm on my third cup.
Bon appetit) what will happen to the old chain of cif after everyone switches to a new one and exchanges coins? and on what algorithm will the new chain?
Downloaded a new purse, launched, further 25% synchronization of sporcs is not (((
CIF (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 07:06:31 PM

All pre-mined coins will be burned. Yes i'll put together an addnodes article shortly. It's very simple - also we don't have masternodes running yet so that will also help.

[/size]
CIF (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 07:07:15 PM

Price Confusion

How to buy

Hi B,

I'm on my third cup.
Bon appetit) what will happen to the old chain of cif after everyone switches to a new one and exchanges coins? and on what algorithm will the new chain?
Downloaded a new purse, launched, further 25% synchronization of sporcs is not (((

Apologies, I missed a question - new algo is the same as the old one X11.

[/size]
PD1882

Activity: 87

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:11:13 PM

This is a great partnership! Bitdegree is said to have some 29m users online already at the start of their ICO due to the tie ups they already have in place. This could be some amazing exposure and long term business and all before the end of the $CIF ICO! Really promising stuff for me as an investor. Great work and well done - I will be really keen to see more about the course material that $CIF will be offering as mentioned in the link.
kamikaza

Activity: 597
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:00:58 PM

I have installed the new win wallet, can i just send my CIF from old wallet to the new wallet?
tokenZ

Activity: 167

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:03:08 PM

Hi all.
Have CIF in the old wallet.

I downloaded new wallet.

How do I go about having them 'moved' ?

Thanks much; look forward to being part of this.

Re Masternodes: Any chance someone could put together a step-by-step guide for setting up a VS masternode?
                             (Vultr would be ideal, but anything akin to it would be fine)

You have my support.

tokenZ
tokenZ

Activity: 167

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:03:41 PM

I have installed the new win wallet, can i just send my CIF from old wallet to the new wallet?

DONT - says if you do it, it will be unrecoverable.
Just read it a minute ago.
CIF (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 12:59:47 AM

Hi all.

I downloaded new wallet.

Re Masternodes: Any chance someone could put together a step-by-step guide for setting up a VS masternode?

You have my support.

tokenZ

Hey Tokenz,

Yes we're just in the process of finishing off the tech we're going to be using for the swap - we're trying to keep it automated so it just takes a bit of testing. When it's finished we'll release instructions.

Also secondly - yes working on that as well. Focusing on finishing the ICO and finalizing allocation first and then masternode guides/ support will be available. Could you link me to some of vultr's work?

[/size]
glam.light

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 05:03:47 AM

Hi all.

I downloaded new wallet.

You have my support.

tokenZ

Hey Tokenz,

Yes we're just in the process of finishing off the tech we're going to be using for the swap - we're trying to keep it automated so it just takes a bit of testing. When it's finished we'll release instructions.

Also secondly - yes working on that as well. Focusing on finishing the ICO and finalizing allocation first and then masternode guides/ support will be available. Could you link me to some of vultr's work?

Vultr is sucks, don't use it!!!!!!!!
PD1882

Activity: 87

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:46:06 AM

DONT - says if you do it, it will be unrecoverable.
Just read it a minute ago.

On the new Wallets...

Windows and Linux Wallets tested and ok - available for download and use for investing in the last 2 days of the ICO.

Mac Wallet still being tested and should be done before long - keep an eye on the site for when that is complete. If you want to invest as a Mac user you can still do so simply enter N/A in the field when asked for your $CIF wallet address. As long as the email address you use is valid then $CIF team can communicate with you directly once the wallet for Mac is available and will send your $CIF there once the ICO is complete.

For anyone with $CIF in the now old wallets, hold on to that and DO NOT send from old Wallet to new or the coins will be irretrievably lost, $CIF are working on as near to an automated process for transferring as possible and will be done on a 1:1 basis. More info to follow here/on the website/twitter/Telegram.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: