Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:46:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CIF Blockchain | Launchpad | Education | cryptoimprovementfund.io  (Read 28146 times)
kamikaza

Activity: 597
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:07:47 AM

As for the Wallet I like its simplicity BUT perhaps Id outgrow it in time. For now its perfect for me.

Regarding the wallet. Honestly, i have seen many projects and wallets. This wallet is very basic and unacceptable in these days, especially if you want do marketing etc.

I would say that this wallet and the fact that it seems basic is because so many projects are based on erc-20 tokens. We wanted something safe, reliable and functional - QT fork does all that. Now that our project is underway we can move onto bigger and better things. Creating a custom blockchain takes alot of time, money and expertise. Look at what's happening with complex wallets like Parity etc. Sometimes simple is better - to start.

But yes agreed - as our project grows - additional tech is needed, and will be delivered.

All wallets are basicly the same. The ones with extra features are very very rare. And for a reason. Security! Proof of concept is not alone - proof of practice is what rules (especially if you target business users).

So why does our wallet look bad? Because we did not invest in fancy graphics and a good designer. Should we do that? Of course! Pretty is nice. Should it be our first focus when you see the full concept of CIF Ltd.? Of course not. You can only spend your dollars once.

Though (as an oldie) I *am* curious which wallets are liked most atm. One thing I like in wallets is a Twitter feed for example to keep up to date. I also love grahpics: current price, time for staking, etc.

So do let us know (but remember: we know, graphics, colours, design: it matters but it *costs* too!)

POST-EDIT: MORE ABOUT THE WALLETS HERE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2075838.msg24862386#msg24862386

Sure, but you should know that design and look is actually very important. Especially, when you are a project that is all about marketing. It should be part of your strategy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
altdev

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

The one and only #Altcoin Devvie / Devnullius!

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 10:00:20 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2017, 10:47:30 PM by altdev

hello,dev,would the wallet have a update?
it can't update the Block,I create  a cif.conf  file to add the nodes,but it still can't link to the network

Hi Hdasd,

No update to the QT wallet - it is one of the most reliable wallets used today for custom blockchains. If your wallet isn't syncing after adding the nodes we might have to do a teamviewer to take a look. Please make sure there are no firewalls inhibiting the wallet as well. You could also try deleting the wallet and re-installing it (remember, if you have CIF do NOT delete the .dat file)..

Try renaming it to cryptoimprovementfund.conf instead... I'm still not certain if it's cif.conf or cyrptoimprovementfund.io Sad

Match the content with the information given here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2075838.msg22085864#msg22085864

kamikaza

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:29:46 PM

I don't get it... there are 1894 members in the telegram group but only 69 people have invested in the ICO... What are they doing haha
CIF (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Business on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 12:45:51 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2018, 08:05:37 PM by CIF

I don't get it... there are 1894 members in the telegram group but only 69 people have invested in the ICO... What are they doing haha

I don't know - a new one pops up every once in a while to ask a random question. This thread has also been viewed 13K times... I guess waiting to see if they'll make more money by holding BTC?

CIF Crypto Improvement Fund
CIF Blockchain | Launchpad | Education
» Facebook * Twitter * Telegram * Reddit * Medium «
[/size]
kamikaza

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:29:30 AM

I don't know - a new one pops up every once in a while to ask a random question. This thread has also been viewed 13K times... I guess waiting to see if they'll make more money by holding BTC?

haha I guess:p I am not in the telegram group, but do you guys also advertise there to to invest in the ICO?
CIF (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Business on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 01:33:06 PM

haha I guess:p I am not in the telegram group, but do you guys also advertise there to to invest in the ICO?

Of course!

CIF Crypto Improvement Fund
CIF Blockchain | Launchpad | Education
» Facebook * Twitter * Telegram * Reddit * Medium «
[/size]
altdev

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 12:15:32 AM

Have you guys seen the new Team Member avatars on cryptoimprovementfund.io/team?? They look great Scott! Well done Smiley

PD1882

Activity: 87

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:13:32 PM

The whitepaper speaks more to the actual project and goals we're trying to accomplish as a company. We've written a few articles on our medium https://medium.com/@admincif regarding staking but we didn't want to dilute our project with specific knowledge than that - we could have written a 100 pages on PoW/PoS alone!

In due course when it comes to the time to roll out the stupidly big help file, get that info in there! I have had a good look at the Medium articles and they're a great resource. When you do put pen to paper lots of nice screen shots will help! And remember my offer of UAT assistance - any acid testing or idiot proofing needed, I'm your idiot!  Grin
PD1882

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:34:30 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 09:20:33 PM by PD1882

All wallets are basicly the same. The ones with extra features are very very rare. And for a reason. Security! Proof of concept is not alone - proof of practice is what rules (especially if you target business users).

So why does our wallet look bad? Because we did not invest in fancy graphics and a good designer. Should we do that? Of course! Pretty is nice. Should it be our first focus when you see the full concept of CIF Ltd.? Of course not. You can only spend your dollars once.

Though (as an oldie) I *am* curious which wallets are liked most atm. One thing I like in wallets is a Twitter feed for example to keep up to date. I also love grahpics: current price, time for staking, etc.

So do let us know (but remember: we know, graphics, colours, design: it matters but it *costs* too!)

POST-EDIT: MORE ABOUT THE WALLETS HERE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2075838.msg24862386#msg24862386

Ok my wish list would be:
1) clear and easy layout (can you add meta data to the buttons - can toggle it on/off so those that want it have it - could just be a simple line of text that appears when you hover over the button). Not too much clutter on the screen - I wouldn't want a twitter feed but again maybe such things can be toggled on/off?
2) maturity of the coins (in the batches they were received).
3) a door stop (i.e. BIG) of a help file (for me!).
4) multicurrency with the ability to add others via their Transaction Address (thank you Emage!).
5) ties into the #4 links to the Blockchain to view the transactions etc.
6) any chance of a transaction fee and time estimator?
7) access to your own exchange to buy/sell $CIF and other crypto. If not your own exchange can you get a plug in from an already established exchange? Could render it out and have a nice little side earning OR win more customers by taking nothing from the exchange yourselves making it cheaper and easier for $CIF customers.
8 ) access to analytical charts and overlays (personally love a good bollinger band and sma!).
9) mobile app that syncs so you can access on the go.

None of the above are essential - as you said getting the business out there is key, but as I mentioned to Scott in Telegram a multicurrency wallet and even your own exchange would be an excellent way of getting people in the $CIF door and keeping them there! The ability to turn things on/off will be handy - if you want the twitter feed, moving charts and latest positions from the exchange it could be a busy window but sometimes that's what you want. Other times you just want a quick check.

That's for starters..!
mpos-pools

Activity: 478

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:03:34 PM

New pool

Ports:

Asics:         3537
Nicehash:   3538
Low diff:     3539

altdev

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 11:34:52 PM

1) clear and easy layout (can you add meta data to the buttons - can toggle it on/off so those that want it have it - could just be a simple line of text that appears when you hover over the button). Not too much clutter on the screen - I wouldn't want a twitter feed but again maybe such things can be toggled on/off?
2) maturity of the coins (in the batches they were received).
3) a door stop (i.e. BIG) of a help file (for me!).
4) multicurrency with the ability to add others via their Transaction Address (thank you Emage!).
5) ties into the #4 links to the Blockchain to view the transactions etc.
6) any chance of a transaction fee and time estimator?
7) access to your own exchange to buy/sell $CIF and other crypto. If not your own exchange can you get a plug in from an already established exchange? Could render it out and have a nice little side earning OR win more customers by taking nothing from the exchange yourselves making it cheaper and easier for $CIF customers.
8 ) access to analytical charts and overlays (personally love a good bollinger band and sma!).
9) mobile app that syncs so you can access on the go.

None of the above are essential - as you said getting the business out there is key, but as I mentioned to Scott in Telegram a multicurrency wallet and even your own exchange would be an excellent way of getting people in the $CIF door and keeping them there! The ability to turn things on/off will be handy - if you want the twitter feed, moving charts and latest positions from the exchange it could be a busy window but sometimes that's what you want. Other times you just want a quick check.

That's for starters..!
And it should also be able to do quantum computations! : )

But I agree, most of it would be easy-ish and has been done by others and could be done with us. We only have to watch out that we don't offer too many options, otherwise people will give up even before they start... Thank you for the feedback - it will be looked at again for sure when wallet design is back on the agenda.

twitter.com/devnullius

altdev

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 11:36:42 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2017, 11:17:39 PM by altdev

Huh? That can't be official but well done! Smiley

For others here; *all* support concerning mining is *not* our responsibility as long as the ICO is still running.

We will *not* support mining until the ICO has ended.

Officiallly, we don't want mining to happen. But we can't stop you due to technical reasons, as some of you found out ;-) Just make sure that when things fail, you attack the correct people: MPOS, not CIF Ltd. ♥

Good luck, you pirates you!!

Devvie

altdev

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 12:07:35 AM

That's for starters..!

PS: any real-life wallets you know of that you like?

altdev

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 12:09:39 AM

Always interested in joint ventures - we'd be somewhat hypocritical if we weren't! Dawq - lets speak further - message me and we can connect - or reach out to me on telegram @admincif. Look forward to speaking!
[/quote]
I heard you actually started talking and see where we can help each other's projects! I always like it when people that I connect 'click' ;-) Keep us informed - the expectations of our new wallet are already unreasonably high ;p

altdev

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 12:11:03 AM

YOu always see it in a bull bitcoin market: alts will be 2nd choice and if you have a long running ICO... ppl take their chances. And give bitcoin the benefit of the doubt.

That said; nothing stops you from swapping some altcoins to CIF ;-)

PD1882

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:31:18 AM

That's for starters..!

But I agree, most of it would be easy-ish and has been done by others and could be done with us. We only have to watch out that we don't offer too many options, otherwise people will give up even before they start... Thank you for the feedback - it will be looked at again for sure when wallet design is back on the agenda.

twitter.com/devnullius

Quantum sounds good!! Possible? Might as well make it organic too hey?! But something else which would be excellent is ATOMIC SWAPS. That would be sweet!
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:42:48 AM

If you haven't seen it yet - make sure to check out our newly updated team page! https://www.cryptoimprovementfund.io/team/

We are excited to announce that we are building out our Board of Directors with tenured individuals who are focused on not only holding a successful ICO, but securing Series A funding from traditional VC's for equity or convertible debt. We have entertained the idea of going public (IPO) in the next fiscal year as we are currently working with legislators to ensure that we are fully compliant with corporate legislation governing public companies in Ontario, Canada.

We will be raising 10M USD through traditional VC investments outside of the ICO. In an effort to document our business strategy in further detail - we have forecasted future financials and formulated a more precise business plan, which will be discussed in depth in future posts and announcements (see attached, below).

We have made three key hires to our team to accomplish the aforementioned objectives and released an updated business strategy - geared towards a non crypto audience (traditional venture capitalist investment).

Board Member: Duane Parntham LinkedIn

Duane B. Parnham has a record of success in corporate development, regulatory compliance for publicly listed companies, geological and environmental consultation and corporate finance to the hydrocarbon and mining industry. During his career, Mr. Parnham has developed and founded several resource focused companies including Giyani Gold Corp., Canoe Mining Ventures Corp., UNX Energy Corp., Forsys Metals Corp., Angus Mining (Namibia) Inc., and Temex Resources Corp. Prior to developing these companies, Mr. Parnham was the Regional Laboratory Manager for Overburden Drilling Management and Co-founder of Beatty Franz & Associates, an environmental consulting firm.

In 2011, Mr. Parnham established the Parnham Foundation, a Canadian non-profit organization aimed at advancing education internationally by providing scholarships and other educational assistance for underprivileged, impoverished or otherwise disadvantaged students with a specific emphasis on Namibia. In August 2012, as an extension of his commitment to this initiative, Mr. Parnham donated a historic CAD$1 million to Fleming College, the largest alumni donation in the history of community colleges in Ontario, Canada.

Mr. Parnham currently serves as Executive Chairman of Giyani Gold Corp. (TSXV: WDG). He is also President and CEO of Broadway Gold Mining Ltd. and Director of Canoe Mining Ventures Inc (TSXV: CLV). Mr. Parnham previously served as director of Kombat Copper, a copper mining project located in Namibia and Security Devices International Inc. (TSXV: SDZ), a defense technology company specializing in the development of innovative next generation ammunition solutions. He was the Chairman of UNX Energy Corp., a junior oil and gas company, until the company sold in 2011 to HRT Participações em Petróleo S.A. for CAD $730 million.

Board Member: Joseph Lambert LinkedIn
Mr. Lambert started as a broker with E.F. Hutton & Co. in 1979 where he was recognized as a top level producer while managing and training brokers.

In Mr. Lambert ‘s career he has worked for several major Wall Street money management firms that had in excess of $10 billion of assets under management. At those firms he served on the investment committee providing analysis and research, managed portfolio’s, and managed marketing efforts.

Those firms included Winrich Capital Management, Mellon Bank’s subsidiary Laurel Capital Advisors, Marty Zieg’s Avatar and Associates, Investco’s National Asset Management, Singular Research and Santa Barbara Securities. At Mellon Bank he was successful at raising $400 million in one and half years from a start up operation.

Software Developer: Inga Bemman LinkedIn
Inga has worked as a senior software engineer at several large firms including Intel, Pantheon, Sage and Microsoft. She holds a Masters of Engineering (M.Eng) in computer sciences. Inga is well versed in web based applications such as asp.net, PHP, Go, JavaScript and Silverlight. For mobile she has experience with Xamarin and for windows clients she has experience with C#, .net. She also has extensive experience developing applications in or tools for Ethereum (Solidity, e.g. in ERC20, Mint, Geth) , Hyperledger Fabric via Go , Azure, Ethereum Blockchains and Dapps.

Updated Business Proposal & Financials

thanks for sharing this with us. good to see that cif is developing itself steadily Smiley

altdev

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 11:50:07 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2017, 12:01:27 PM by altdev

From out chat in telegram https://t.me/CIF_Team

hi scott. how was the presentation?

Great - very informative
 Interesting how different bodies view blockchain.
 Lawyers are very cautious obviously
 But there was a rep there from the government who was actually pushing innovation + blockchain
 There were more issues around companies that act as investment vehicles as well as exchanges.

so cif sits well?

Yes definitely - one of the main benefits we have is that the primary source of our revenue - as per the business plan we listed on our site - will not be from the ICO.
 But we are developing actual products which will generate revenue
 The main issue with ICO's and why there's so much concern regarding securities and regulatory concerns is that the ICO is the only revenue generating item in the business plan.
 This is problematic
 We - fortunately, because I know what we need to do to be truly successful - do not have this problem.
 A lot of the discussion was emulating what I've been saying from the beginning though. A lot of crypto are people that don't understand business and a lot of businesses don't understand crypto. It's hard to bridge the two worlds
 And that for crypto to be successful - this has to start happening (including the people involved with the projects). A group of software developers don't really understand capital markets, finance or marketing and hedgefunds don't get crypto or blockchain.  There's a divide we plan to bridge with CIF Ltd.

Back to the conference - sounds like a great and much needed event. The only way to bridge these gaps is to communicate and find a common ground and work towards each other - just like train tracks across a country.
The more I see and hear and learn about this crypto world the better $CIF sounds and the better the noises coming from $CIF!
What @CIF_Admin says about so many ICOs having no revenue generator after their ICO is so true! I'm looking at many trying to get more familiar with this space and loads (most) seem to offer things like payment solutions which is great and needed but so many others offer the same, it's hard to find the unique selling point of these guys!
Personally if I'm going to back someone I want to see a tangible source of revenue and growth, and ask myself are these people o would want to work with? Would I use their services? Is there a real world need for this? The answer to all of those for $CIF is a nice big YES!

altdev

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 11:54:00 AM

That's for starters..!

twitter.com/devnullius

Quantum sounds good!! Possible? Might as well make it organic too hey?! But something else which would be excellent is ATOMIC SWAPS. That would be sweet!
As long as it is Gluten free...!

I hear a lot about Atomic Swaps - but never investigated as to what it is... Anyone? : )

PD1882

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:38:56 PM

That's for starters..!

twitter.com/devnullius

As long as it is Gluten free...!

I hear a lot about Atomic Swaps - but never investigated as to what it is... Anyone? : )

Ok the day I can teach YOU something is the day hell freezes over..! My understanding is that it would allow an exchange-free way of swapping coins/tokens direct with individuals, IE I have 3 ETH I want to swap for the equivalent in BTC then "the system" will find someone who wants the corresponding ETH I have and willing to swap BTC for ETH. I think thats the jist - it sounds very cool!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: