Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:32:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your heaviest bags?  (Read 3007 times)
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:58:59 AM

What are the heaviest bags that you are holding and for how long have you been holding?

I got some really dumb cryptos in my pocket. Most of these are coins that I mined back then I was testing mining software and getting my first mined coins. I got lucky with Dogecoin and sold for 0.5 BTC, that was a steal.

I got MYR, DGB, Catcoin, QRK, Fluttercoin, Fantomcoin, RPC, NET... fuck, I got so many coins, and it's a couple bucks worth. Im just holding and looking for the typical random pump to dump.

Again these coins are just mined, so they are not really dumb investments, if you dont count mining them as dumb..

I did bought MazaCoin back then tho, I was a noob lol. I lost them on Cryptsy anyway.
I'm holding many shitcoins like you OP but the only difference is that I got them from yobit free coins give away and just have accumulated through time. I have been bagholding pwr for a year now or more and the same goes for the other shitcoins I have since I stopped using yobit for a year now. The heaviest bag I got right now though is still not an altcoin but it is in it's ICO phase and I'm hoping ICO would be a success.
Altcoinster

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:01:24 PM

My biggest bag is waves. Much potential to grow
lyubomyr

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:02:52 PM

If you mean bagholding and having an idea that it might become a losing investment, then mine would be Aeon. I do not now why, but I trust its developer, smooth, who is also a lead developer for Monero.

I know this might be stupid on my part but I still buy more every month. :p
Thanks Aeon it is like DRK in 2013
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:36:48 PM

Waves may be a nice investment to have though I am not so sure that it would be the wisest choice for a risk free investment right now since the price of Bitcoin is going up. The price of Waves could move relative to Bitcoin though there is not enough progress within that project to label it as such.

Waves could be one of the top contenders for the Top 10 coins out there right now though there isn’t that many people that know of Bitcoin that want to invest their money into Waves because that coin is does not have as much credibility compared to Ethereum and Litecoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Qpeep

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:56:53 PM

My first big bag has been EMC2. Kept it for years and sold it too early...
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 706

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:04:57 PM

i stopped holding altcoins a long time ago when i finally realized that they are not going to have any half decent future and the money loss is big when holding most of them.

now i am only holding bitcoin and litecoin for long term and have some small amounts of a couple of smaller altcoins.
then my most attention is in short term investments when i buy them to sell fast and get the profit before the dump.

But if you are holding an altcoin and it bottoms, you don't lose anything by holding it hoping for a random pump. Just look at coins like Fibrecoin, Bitstar etc. Very randomly, coins that are half dead can pump a lot, and if you are holding the right coin, you can off your bags and make a nice profit in the process vs selling them for a loss.

Just consider these bags as lost already and maybe you get lucky, that is my strategy with random altcoins that im holding for some reason.
That is mostly the consequence of pump and dump groups, they see a coin without a lot of movement and with a low market cap and they make that coin their target, if you were holding that coin then be sure to be grateful to them since they have saved you from losing money.
headachy

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:08:36 PM

Waves are not bags...you should be happy that you bought Waves, those bags will be worth a lot in a year.
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:41:03 PM

I only got DGB and Lumen,when i see the price right now,it's so low if i sell i will got big loss
DGB have a nice dev team but the value keep decreasing on the market,i hope in the end of the year this coin will be booming and make profit for me
MaryCotta

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:43:15 AM

$ NEO is a great gift. $ NEO is very useful for you, try it
cryptodollar

Activity: 63
Merit: 42

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 02:08:46 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2017, 02:26:26 PM by cryptodollar

I have like 1/6th of all "BOB" in existence and I buy it whenever it gets ridiculously low, just because. I don't expect to ever sell it, I just love the 30yr old Sub-Culture, Alien/Sex Cult MEME. Sometimes I think I'm the sole reason it even exists; tho I imagine there are many who feel the same as I do who just have less.. or more maybe.  The Explorer says The average BagHolder4BOB has ~100,000 "BOB" and I think the only people selling are alternating coin mining pools who dump what they mine at any price.

It's a really stupid coin that was originally a blue-matt/coingen coin; created as a joke, about the same week as DOGE & knowing full well it was going to be a worth-nothing, private community marker. That is in fact it's biggest selling point to me. It's WORTHLESS on Purpose, even though it's been completely re-writen by x_slacker, shakezula and most recently earlz of QTUM.

Only NOVAExchange even has it listed anymore.
(BOB) Networkhps: 149.92 MH/s Difficulty: 18.32061869 Block: 265664
It'll never be worth anything to anyone except as a status marker among Slackers.
Which is why I LOVE it.  It's not about profit, its about common unity.
Praise "BOB"
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 706

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:11:27 PM

Waves may be a nice investment to have though I am not so sure that it would be the wisest choice for a risk free investment right now since the price of Bitcoin is going up. The price of Waves could move relative to Bitcoin though there is not enough progress within that project to label it as such.

Waves could be one of the top contenders for the Top 10 coins out there right now though there isn’t that many people that know of Bitcoin that want to invest their money into Waves because that coin is does not have as much credibility compared to Ethereum and Litecoin.

All of what you say is true but at the same time if a person wants to risk some money to try to make a huge amount of money, waves seems to be one of the better coins to do so, the market cap is not as high, their project is good enough and the potential for growth is there, I will be willing to risk some money there and take my chances.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:00:35 AM

I am holding good amount of dogecoin from long time and also some other chepest coin like lbtc , ripple for a long time hoping the magic happened with nem will also happen with these coins.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:30:55 AM

I don't think I'm doing too badly, most of my alts are going well. I have a handful of stupid coins that I picked up from airdrops, that will never be worth anything and likely never to get listed on a decent exchange - so these have been a waste of my time rather than my money. But for coins I've bought, the ones that aren't doing well are Sia, QRL and Bitbay... but that's only about 0.1 BTC worth in total.
Soutogu

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:42:35 AM

LBC is heavy as heck... The price keeps plummeting nonstop, lol

Gave up on it a few days ago and sold with a minor loss... figured id go for something else instead of waiting possibly years for it to bounce back eventually
qsypoq

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:00:48 AM

Lucky enough to don't throw lot of money on shitcoins. Like, 10$ in 2 or 3, does it even count ?
I was a Polybius beliver during the ICO, price got divided by 3 after it but it just invested 15$ so i'm fine (it still hurt but could have been worse).
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 03:16:48 PM

Darcus here

Hold almost 60% of my portfolio holding weight xd
nogoodcoin

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:28:26 PM

CDT, 3 days before, people told me yunbi.com would list CDT, I bought a lot.But till now , yunbi.com has not listed it, I was cheated with a big loss.

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
TOKEN-SALE : Apr 16 2018
     DAICO :       May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
Baehr123456789

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 12:16:19 AM

Of course the altcoin.
Blazarius120

Activity: 97

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 12:26:49 AM

Right now my heaviest bags are Groestlcoin at -80%. I bought cause i thought it was going to boom due to lightning network and atomic swaps.. it's probably still going to go up - thats why im holding. We will see! Cheesy

xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 12:44:47 AM

My heaviest bag is eth and ripple I bought quite a lot of eth back then, and the same thing as OP I got so many alt coins which got no value anymore, most of them I got from the airdrop and giveaways, I thought that holding it a little longer it will increase the price, but the value is dropping and nobody even want to buy the coin

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░