Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:30:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin: $100K in 2021?  (Read 4460 times)
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:03:24 PM

Sustainable growth should be something that builds itself steadily throughout the years, and not something that peaks big time because of the massive amount of concentrated speculation.
I prefer stable growth over peaks as well, but that unfortunately doesn't count for the majority of the people here ~ they don't care how the market grows or whether or not it's sustainable.

Their main priority is to book as much profit as possible, and all that in a very short time. If the price falls back to far lower levels, then they will act by buying back the coins they sold.

No matter how much I love the increases that we have seen lately, if we from an unbiased perspective look at current levels, there is not much needed to see that the market is overbought.

Realistic prices for what we have achieved so far would be anything close to the $3000 mark. If we didn't had an upcoming hard fork to worry about this year, current levels would be well justified.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
ckorbba

Activity: 672
Merit: 144

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:08:38 PM

Sustainable growth should be something that builds itself steadily throughout the years, and not something that peaks big time because of the massive amount of concentrated speculation.
I prefer stable growth over peaks as well, but that unfortunately doesn't count for the majority of the people here ~ they don't care how the market grows or whether or not it's sustainable.

Their main priority is to book as much profit as possible, and all that in a very short time. If the price falls back to far lower levels, then they will act by buying back the coins they sold.

No matter how much I love the increases that we have seen lately, if we from an unbiased perspective look at current levels, there is not much needed to see that the market is overbought.

Realistic prices for what we have achieved so far would be anything close to the $3000 mark. If we didn't had an upcoming hard fork to worry about this year, current levels would be well justified.
The fact is that the crypto-currencies have always been marked by sharp jumps in their prices and therefore stable growth of the same Bitcoin, one should not expect. There will still be significant and minor fluctuations. If you look at the situation from a given angle, then I very much doubt that with such financial data Bitcoin will be a substitute for real money.
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:38:08 PM

100k in 2019.
It will be over optimistic speculation, bitcoin price is still under $5k and expecting 20x increase within 2-3 year time period is really insane. I think price will be anywhere between $10k to $20k by end of next few years.

That's the point. Bitcoin isn't a standard asset. Its not something you buy and sell for quick profit.

It is a creed.

zoose

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:47:43 PM

100k in 2019.
It will be over optimistic speculation, bitcoin price is still under $5k and expecting 20x increase within 2-3 year time period is really insane. I think price will be anywhere between $10k to $20k by end of next few years.

That's the point. Bitcoin isn't a standard asset. Its not something you buy and sell for quick profit.

It is a creed.

While I think Bitcoin at 100K is a possibility, I don't see it happening in in the next few years. The current jubilation will dissipate on a sharp downturn imo. We'll all see though Cheesy

Cryptopia
    Exchange  Mineshaft 2.0   Marketplace   Rewards  CoinInfo   [[Bitcointalk]] [Facebook] [Twitter]
▪▪▪▪▪■■■■■■■▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄■■■■■■■▪▪▪▪▪
Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development 
sonicwave

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

https://saturn.black

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:57:41 PM

100k in 2019.

It is a creed.

While I think Bitcoin at 100K is a possibility, I don't see it happening in in the next few years. The current jubilation will dissipate on a sharp downturn imo. We'll all see though Cheesy

Bitcoin surprises us every day. Forecasts of analysts do not come true, and contrary to logic, its price is growing. We are waiting for the fall, but we are growing.
Therefore, it will not surprise me if in a year I see the price of 10 000 dollars for 1 bitcoin

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 11:20:25 PM

The thing about "overbought" conditions is that trending markets can stay overbought for months or years before a real reversal or long term correction occurs. From the perspective of the monthly chart, Bitcoin remained overbought for over a year between 2012 and early 2014. This is what trending markets look like.

That being said, crazy volatility should be expected in this illiquid and highly speculative market. And given the fork threat you mentioned, I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see $1800s again.

Kimi80

Activity: 750
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 11:46:44 PM

There was lots of situations in my life when I have explore potential investment opportunities. I was excited about great stories but after a bit detailed search supported with live examples(people that have been there,done that...) I found out that the story is pretty exotic and is not as simple as that.
I think that there are lots of people in the world that could easily buy one bitcoin and wait for 2021. They would became richer for 96 000$ just like that and it is pretty exotic story for me.
However I do believe that price will rise much more but I think that we will have to wait longer than that. Therefore I always putt some amount on my saving wallet.
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 11:49:53 PM

Maybe yes maybe no also russia forget about oil and start to cyrpto currency since bitcoin is really famous nowadays the demand of bitcoin and the volume of bitcoin is getting higher and higher we are already in the pridiction of others that we are reaching the 5000$
snowdropfore

Activity: 843
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:38:38 AM

i  will not surprise  if in four year I see the price of 100000 dollars for 1 bitcoin

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:46:57 AM

That is too high a speculation for bitcoin in less than 5 years. I think it will not be reached that fast. Although I am hoping it happens so that all of us will be happy. But in my own way of looking at BTC's price 5 years from now, it won't reach 6 figures. But even 50,000$ is already perfect.
Opekin

Activity: 396
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:02:08 AM

That is too high a speculation for bitcoin in less than 5 years. I think it will not be reached that fast. Although I am hoping it happens so that all of us will be happy. But in my own way of looking at BTC's price 5 years from now, it won't reach 6 figures. But even 50,000$ is already perfect.
No it was not too high if you observe every year theres a big difference and it declares a good value. Think how many people are using and investing in bitcoins by that year so its a big chance to reach that $100,000 or more.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:49:15 AM

That is too high a speculation for bitcoin in less than 5 years.

With logarithmic growth and very limited supply (more than 75% of bitcoins have already been mined), it's really not unreasonable at all. But it's highly speculative. There are existential threats (such as multiple forks and network splits) which, from the the perspective of Metcalfe's Law, could significantly damage Bitcoin's network value.

At the same time, I think it's pretty clear that new money will be flowing into cryptocurrencies in the coming years. I'm confident that Bitcoin will eventually be worth six figures USD, but how it gets there and how long it takes are very unpredictable.

Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:13:44 AM

That is too high a speculation for bitcoin in less than 5 years.

With logarithmic growth and very limited supply (more than 75% of bitcoins have already been mined), it's really not unreasonable at all. But it's highly speculative. There are existential threats (such as multiple forks and network splits) which, from the the perspective of Metcalfe's Law, could significantly damage Bitcoin's network value.

At the same time, I think it's pretty clear that new money will be flowing into cryptocurrencies in the coming years. I'm confident that Bitcoin will eventually be worth six figures USD, but how it gets there and how long it takes are very unpredictable.

I think that a lot of the new money will come from businesses who are searching for investment opportunites.
Insurances and fond, especially once this whole etf thing is approved.
Unfortunatelly, businesses tend to create bubbles because they have to reach certian numbers in earnings.

I think as well that number of average people who enter newly to crypto world will decrease.
Cryptocurrencies, I think that something for the technical interested people or those who eager to try out new things.
A time will come when that groupe will already be in bitcoin/crypto. So no new growth can come from that side.

How that combination will turn out, we must wait and see.

It's me!!!
denny27

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:31:04 AM

If seen from the price movement so far, it seems there is a possibility in the year 2021 will reach $100k. But all the estimates can be true and wrong, i can only hope that bitcoin will not fall and die, much more to hoping can last long and will giving more good blessing to everyone.

Micerker

Activity: 593
Merit: 100

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 08:35:33 AM

Harvard academic and bitcoin investor Dennis Porto believes that, given a few years, it will soar far higher than either of those predictions. In an interview with Business Insider UK, Porto explained that the bitcoin price could reach $100,000 per coin in February 2021 if it follows Moore’s Law, one of the so-called “golden rules of digital technology.”

According to Porto, rapidly growing technologies have a doubling time, meaning that their effectiveness doubles within a consistent, repeatable timeframe. Traditionally, Moore’s law has been applied to computing technology, but Porto says that the bitcoin price has thus far followed the trend by more or less doubling every eight months throughout its history.

Assuming bitcoin continues to follow this golden rule in the near-term, Porto anticipates the bitcoin price will extend beyond $100,000 by February 2021. Using the current BTC supply for simplicity’s sake, this would give bitcoin a market cap of about $1.65 trillion. Needless to say, a $100,000 bitcoin price would thrill today’s investors, assuming they have the fortitude to resist the temptation to sell them.

Source here (the full newsarticle).

I am posting a part of this article here because I am sure that many would be excited to hear about this. So there is a basis for the doubling of value for Bitcoin and Mr. Porto refer to it as the Moore's Law. I am sure that many Bitcoin holders would be happy to know that in 2021 the value can be so high. This can embolden people to hold to their coin and to add more Bitcoin to their arsenal. Never give in to the temptation of selling since the present value is just actually the tip of the iceberg.

I think we need to wait for SegWit Activation and after we can think about it

arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:07:44 AM

We are in awareness phase, and all other talks are unnecessary when you recognize what is happening, where is yours standpoint. Bitcoin and whole Crypto is still very young and still very far from real life adoption. What will happen when adoption really starts? Price will rise, nobody knows limits. Cool
In the silence

Activity: 1293
Merit: 294

''Vincit qui se vincit''

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:21:04 AM

That is a little exaggerated although it is possible for bitcoin to climb that far. For now we will see $10000 to $15000 maximum after activation and the year ends.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 11:07:50 AM

The thing about "overbought" conditions is that trending markets can stay overbought for months or years before a real reversal or long term correction occurs. From the perspective of the monthly chart, Bitcoin remained overbought for over a year between 2012 and early 2014. This is what trending markets look like

We are not there yet

I mean to say that while it is certainly true with respect to long-established markets such as bond or gold market (as John Keynes once said the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent), Bitcoin is nowhere near that. It could be said that it stays irrational most of the time (if not perpetually), but we can't really say if it stays overbought or oversold all the time (or, at least, for long periods). It is just too volatile to remain either for any significant amount of time

farhaan

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 11:16:41 AM

I think that $100k is a very high price to be achieved within 2021 and the author is too optimistic to think like that.I do agree that bitcoin has potential to rise high and it should not be sold for smaller profits today,otherwise we would have to regret just like people who sold their BTCs in panic at just $1850 due to fear of hard fork.I hope that bitcoin could reach a price of $20k within 2021.

▄▄ ▀█▄▀█▄ ▄ ▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀  ███▀██▄▄▀
█████▀▀█ ██  ███ ██████▄▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄█ ██▌  ███▄▀██████▄▀
█████▀ ▀▄ ██▄  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀
 ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▀▄ ▀██▄  ▀▀████████▐▌█
  ██████  ▀▄ ▀██▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▌█▀
   ▀██▀  ▄▄▀▀▄ ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ █▀▄
       ▄███▀  ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▀ ▀▄
       ▀██▀  ▄███  ▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▄ █▄
            ▄███  ▐██▌ ██▌ █▄ ▀
              ▀   ███  ███  ▀
ONSTELLAR   ▄████▄▄
  █████  █▄
 ▐██████████▄▄
 ▐███████████▀█▄
 ██████▀▀▀▀████▀
 █████           ▄▄▄▄                        ▄▄▄
▐█████▌       ▄▄███████        ▄▄████▄      ▀▀███
███████      ███████████      ████████▌       ███
███████▌    ███████▀▀▀███    ▐████   ▀▀
████████   ▐██████▌    ▀▀     ▀▀▀
█████████  ███████
▐█████████   ▀▀▀▀
  ▀██████▀
FROM THE PARANORMAL TO THE METAPHYSICAL
THE WORLD'S FIRST SOCIAL NETWORK
WHERE THE UNEXPLAINED LIVES...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████▄
█████████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▀█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████ ████████████████
▀██████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄██████████████▀
▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 12:59:50 PM

Good to hear about this and I will be waiting for this day and witness this great price of bitcoin in the future and will remain and hold some of my remaining coins.

Never give in to the temptation of selling since the present value is just actually the tip of the iceberg.

Too bad for me tom, I did sold some of my bitcoins before at $2k++ but I'm not tempted but there's a need to do so.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: