Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:08:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-05-17 China CCTV 13 - Bitcoin  (Read 3164 times)
StarfishPrime

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:45:42 PM

There is huge majority of engineers, technologists, scientists amongst the Chinese communist party leadership. I think like 8 out of 10 of the top guys are technical.

Maybe they just "get it" so do not feel threatened ... unlike western countries that have leadership riddled with technophobic lawyers, bean counters, humanities, polysci, MBAs, etc?

Don't worry comrades, a US cultural revolution may be closer at hand than we think:

lol.

¦                     
  ¦    ¦¦¦               
¦¦  ¦¦¦¦                 
                             ¦¦  ¦¦¦¦
                          ¦ ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦                     
                         ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦¦¦¦¦
                  ¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦
                   ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦
                    ¦¦    ¦¦¦¦
                    ¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦
                   ¦¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦
                ¦¦¦¦    ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
             ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦ ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
          ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦  ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
        ¦¦¦¦         ¦        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
     ¦¦¦¦          ¦      ¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
    ¦¦¦         ¦¦         ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦        ¦¦         ¦¦  ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦       ¦          ¦ ¦¦   ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦¦     ¦¦          ¦   ¦    ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦     ¦          ¦      ¦   ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦    ¦        ¦¦         ¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦   ¦¦     ¦¦         ¦   ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦   ¦     ¦¦         ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦   ¦¦    ¦        ¦    ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦    ¦   ¦        ¦¦    ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦    ¦  ¦¦       ¦     ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦    ¦  ¦      ¦      ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
    ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦     ¦¦     ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
     ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦     ¦¦    ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
       ¦¦¦¦  ¦ ¦¦    ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦

TorCoin.....
¦
¦
¦
¦
  Fully Anonymous TOR-integrated Crypto
               ¦ Windows     ¦ Linux     ¦ GitHub     ¦ macOS
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
   ANN THREAD
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
[/center]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 08:59:27 PM

There is huge majority of engineers, technologists, scientists amongst the Chinese communist party leadership. I think like 8 out of 10 of the top guys are technical.

Maybe they just "get it" so do not feel threatened ... unlike western countries that have leadership riddled with technophobic lawyers, bean counters, humanities, polysci, MBAs, etc?

The stats here back that up: http://bitnodes.io

I didn't expect China to be number one

?? ALREADY ??

That was fuckin' fast. OMG, it is happening... BTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTC

justmyname

Activity: 389

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:57:16 AM

China, Russia, India, and South Africa and Brazil have long ago declared a pact to break up the US Monopoly on money (the petrodollar). Every time you hear of a "BRICS Conference" (Usually reported on RT or in other countries, not typically mentioned in US media) that is their main focus, to promote their currencies to the top and undermine the petrodollar.

This week we've seen examples of China and Russia embracing bitcoin... If those 5 countries all fully embrace it, to the point where their state-run media says it's a viable alternative to gold and paypal, then it really doesn't matter what the US laws say... Bitcoin will beat the USD in every way that counts and be here to stay.

If the Chinese are smart enough to use Bitcoin they should make money like anyone else will. They would like to destroy the US Dollar but it just isn't going to happen. Bitcoin isn't a replacement. Just another tool to diversify and create wealth from nothing. Only the money doesn't just go to the elite it will go to those that have the coins. It might even save the US from a potential  collapse.

If China buys up Bitcoin it is only good for us as it will make Bitcoin more scarce quicker. Many other countries world wide (like India) are  using it.  Let's say you are working in the US and you want to send money half way around the world to your relatives etc.. The cheapest easiest way is Bitcoin.   
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:04:34 AM

More stats. China has 34% of downloads in May 2013:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/stats/map?dates=2013-05-01%20to%202013-05-19

noedaRDH

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Finding Satoshi

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:07:51 AM

Nice stats. But really, I find those stats irrelevant. I assume that most people in China will just download the client through mirrors and torrents.

1NwGKiLcAngD1KiCCivxT6EDJmyXMGqM9q

Ask not what Bitcoin can do for you - ask what you can do for Bitcoin.
No_2

Activity: 901
Merit: 1031

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:11:23 PM

The stats here back that up: http://bitnodes.io

I didn't expect China to be number one - I thought perhaps Russia and then the USA. Not so. There is one thing about bitcoin - it requires you to have a functional logical mind, which the Chinese have in abundance.

This site is BRILLIANT!

Thanks.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:19:04 PM

If the Chinese are smart enough to use Bitcoin they should make money like anyone else will. They would like to destroy the US Dollar but it just isn't going to happen. Bitcoin isn't a replacement. Just another tool to diversify and create wealth from nothing. Only the money doesn't just go to the elite it will go to those that have the coins. It might even save the US from a potential  collapse.

If China buys up Bitcoin it is only good for us as it will make Bitcoin more scarce quicker. Many other countries world wide (like India) are  using it.  Let's say you are working in the US and you want to send money half way around the world to your relatives etc.. The cheapest easiest way is Bitcoin.   

I'm sure England thought it would be preposterous that their "sun never sets on our shores" empire would decline and be marginalized, along with the Pound Sterling.

The dollar is on the way out, and someone or something else will replace it on the global stage - this is for certain. The only question is, what and whom - and I think Bitcoin has a damned good chance of being involved in that particular bit of financial calculus.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
justmyname

Activity: 389

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:49:27 PM

I'm sure England thought it would be preposterous that their "sun never sets on our shores" empire would decline and be marginalized, along with the Pound Sterling.

The dollar is on the way out, and someone or something else will replace it on the global stage - this is for certain. The only question is, what and whom - and I think Bitcoin has a damned good chance of being involved in that particular bit of financial calculus.

If the Chinese are using Bitcoin in China for example. It will have the same effect on their own currency. It's not like the US Dollar will be singled out and effected all by itself.

I hope the US government sees this posts and stops panicking. Making fools of themselves. Trying to shut down Bitcoin exchanges.
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:46:41 AM

100% of downloads from Cuba were linux version.

interesting Grin
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: