Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:20:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The First Political Zone to Officially Recognize Cryptocoins  (Read 15099 times)
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:14:56 PM

Wait. Do they do clothing on your oil platform, OP? Like seaweed bandanas and whaleskin jackets?

Haha, gold!  Wink

No, dummy, gold is horrible for armor purposes. Bullets go right through that crap.

Use Bitcoins instead, they are proven to stop bullets!*

No, see, what we'll have to do is do an A-Team and clad the whole thing in steel plating,

Actually if we get rid of the wholes in the roof we might catapult launch some F14s from there too.

No worries, I've flown those too and I only crash land about 2 out of 3 times.

Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:30:32 PM

a new autonomous region that is going to come into existence by the end of this year.

I didn't think SeaSteading was far enough along to come into existence by the end of this year. Perhaps that points to a terrestrial "free enterprise zone" agreement with an existing nation?

lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:45:52 PM

a new autonomous region that is going to come into existence by the end of this year.

I didn't think SeaSteading was far enough along to come into existence by the end of this year. Perhaps that points to a terrestrial "free enterprise zone" agreement with an existing nation?

not sure when blueseed is going to launch, but seems like a damn good fit as well.

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:54:31 PM

What are the barriers to entry for someone interested in moving?
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 06:22:49 PM

He's a seasteader. That's why he's talking about zones and regions instead of land. Have fun fighting off pirates.

Fighting pirates?!  With the prospects of life in modern society, this is probably one of the most fun I can think of.

I know, right?  Cheesy

Is this more of that sealand abandoned oil rig selling prank passports and assorted trinkets in a doomed quest for relevancy?

What are the barriers to entry for someone interested in moving?

They have got to be married. No unattached herps allowed.

Or was that swapping not steading....

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
greyhawk

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 06:39:54 PM

He's a seasteader. That's why he's talking about zones and regions instead of land. Have fun fighting off pirates.

Fighting pirates?!  With the prospects of life in modern society, this is probably one of the most fun I can think of.

I know, right?  Cheesy

Is this more of that sealand abandoned oil rig selling prank passports and assorted trinkets in a doomed quest for relevancy?

Looking at the conference schedule I think it's going to be the Blueseed ship.

Session 1: "Here's our Bitcoin startups ship full of Bitcoin startups!"
Session 2: "Oh, and we're our own nation. Bitcoin!"
oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 06:51:27 PM

Seriously, after a little research I found out where this place is without a doubt:

---------------
San Lorenzo is a tiny, rocky island nation located in the Caribbean Sea, positioned in the relative vicinity of Puerto Rico. San Lorenzo has only one city, its seaside capital of Bolivar. The country's form of government is a dictatorship, under the rule of ailing president "Papa" Monzano, who is a staunch ally of the United States and a fierce opponent of communism. No legislature exists. The infrastructure of San Lorenzo is described as being dilapidated, consisting of worn buildings, dirt roads, an impoverished populace, and having only one automobile taxi running in the entire country.

The language of San Lorenzo is a fictitious English-based creole language that is referred to as "the San Lorenzan dialect." The San Lorenzan national anthem is based on the tune of Home on the Range. Its flag consists of a U.S. Marine Corps corporal's stripes on a blue field (presumably the flag was updated, since in the 1920s Marine Corps rank insignia did not include crossed rifles). Its currency is named corporals, at a rate of two corporals for every United States dollar; both the flag and the monetary unit are named after U.S. Marine Corporal Earl McCabe, who deserted his company while stationed at Port-au-Prince during the American occupation in 1922, and in transit to Miami, was shipwrecked on San Lorenzo. McCabe, along with accomplice Lionel Boyd Johnson from Tobago, would together throw out the island's governing sugar company, and after a period of anarchy, proclaimed a republic.

San Lorenzo also has its own native religion, Bokononism, a religion based on enjoying life through its untruths. Bokononism, founded by McCabe's accomplice Boyd Johnson (pronounced "Bokonon" in San Lorenzan dialect), however, is outlawed - an idea Bokonon himself conceived for the purpose of spreading the religion and making the residents of the island happier. Bokononists are liable to be punished by being impaled on a hook, but Bokononism privately remains the dominant religion of nearly everyone on the island, including the leaders who outlaw it.
FoBoT

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 07:01:41 PM

maybe that dude is an alien   Shocked
greyhawk

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 07:09:11 PM

Seriously, after a little research I found out where this place is without a doubt:

I hear they've got a great air force too.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 07:11:56 PM

♫ I never thought I'd be on a boat...   Cheesy

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
greyhawk

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 07:13:06 PM

♫ I never thought I'd be on a boat...   Cheesy

It's a big blue watery road
Pale Phoenix

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 07:59:13 PM

Or was that swapping not steading....

Either way, unattached females always welcome. Wink

Pale Phoenix

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 08:10:50 PM

San Lorenzo is a tiny, rocky island nation located in the Caribbean Sea

Stay away from the ice nine.

chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 08:13:43 PM

My suspicion is OP has partnered up with Gingrich to start a colony on the moon.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 08:42:22 PM

Looking at the conference schedule I think it's going to be the Blueseed ship.

Session 1: "Here's our Bitcoin startups ship full of Bitcoin startups!"
Session 2: "Oh, and we're our own nation. Bitcoin!"

Quoting our esteemed leader:

<mircea_popescu> pula mea, is ticniti la cap. pai tu ai fost vre-odata pe nava ?
<mircea_popescu> pariu cu tine ca 50% din hecari isi varsa matele.

Translated in mook language:

<mircea_popescu> my cock, they're smacked in the head. you ever been on a ship ?
<mircea_popescu> i'll bet you half the haxxors will puke their guts out.

They really should feature that BlueVomit thing on Buttcoin Magazine, it's so incredibly retarded it lays comedy gold eggs. Imagine, taking a platoon of CRT tanned dorks to the high seas. Who, Cartman?

who is a staunch ally of the United States and a fierce opponent of communism. No legislature exists

Error?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Theraty

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 08:46:57 PM

Is it not better to try and  get bitcoin accepted in our own local areas instead of going off and finding landing and starting from scratch?
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 08:54:24 PM

Honduras is still trying to get this stuff to go through with a willing president and willing Congress and they are still having trouble with the bleeding hearts that do not want unbridled freedom in their country. Even after promising that 80% of the jobs would go to locals.

There is no country in this world that is friendly enough to freedom to get this done in a year.

Honduras had the law all set, everything ready to go but the lawyers and liberals fought it all the way to their Supreme Court and got it overturned. There was a lot of money behind it too.

Just being in talks with someone high up in government is going to do you no good unless that person is a dictator, which means he can let you build your city and he can also take it away.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:29:51 PM

Honduras is still trying to get this stuff to go through with a willing president and willing Congress and they are still having trouble with the bleeding hearts that do not want unbridled freedom in their country. Even after promising that 80% of the jobs would go to locals.

There is no country in this world that is friendly enough to freedom to get this done in a year.

Honduras had the law all set, everything ready to go but the lawyers and liberals fought it all the way to their Supreme Court and got it overturned. There was a lot of money behind it too.

Just being in talks with someone high up in government is going to do you no good unless that person is a dictator, which means he can let you build your city and he can also take it away.

Details?

Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:53:14 PM

Wait. Do they do clothing on your oil platform, OP? Like seaweed bandanas and whaleskin jackets?

Haha, gold!  Wink
I'm thinking a dolphin-head hoody, that would rock ^_~

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 11:12:41 PM

Details?

A good long read.

http://reason.com/archives/2013/05/13/the-blank-slate-state

Basically the Honduran president's chief of staff is a libertarian with dreams of free cities. He was able to talk the president into giving it a trial run. After some comprimises getting the law passed through their congress it was set to go. But then it was fought at the Supreme Court level and overturned. It was overturned mainly for political reasons dealing with backlash against some corrupt politician.

Now they are back at it drafting a new law that would fit within their Constitution and be able to face the scrutiny of the Supreme Court.

More than likely, as things tend to go, the better the idea the more special interests will want to get involved to get their cut thus diluting it to the point where when it finally makes it through it is a bastardization of the original idea and will fail for those very reasons.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: