Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 01:55:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The First Political Zone to Officially Recognize Cryptocoins  (Read 15099 times)
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 11:19:09 PM

<mircea_popescu> pula mea, is ticniti la cap. pai tu ai fost vre-odata pe nava ?
<mircea_popescu> pariu cu tine ca 50% din hecari isi varsa matele.

I think we can build a new type of marine force with this. Remember the vomit scene in "Stand by me"? We could call it the marine hurler. Imagine disabling a ship by pure vomiticity.
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 11:24:16 PM

Is it not better to try and  get bitcoin accepted in our own local areas instead of going off and finding landing and starting from scratch?

Not really.  It's better to try every approach.  Throw enough shit on the wall and some of it'll stick...

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
greyhawk

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 11:28:24 PM

Is it not better to try and  get bitcoin accepted in our own local areas instead of going off and finding landing and starting from scratch?

Not really.  It's better to try every approach.  Throw enough shit on the wall and some of it'll stick...

And then your house stinks of shit?
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 11:33:06 PM

"The region’s laws are specifically being designed to have low regulatory barriers and provide residents with the world’s highest degree of freedoms."

Instead of trying to impose "the right laws" from the top down why not be the first society to try poly-centric market based law.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Blueberry408

Activity: 97

One American Sumbitch Which Love 8

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 11:34:15 PM

A political zone that accepts bitcoin?  SO WERE BEING TAXED ALREADY??

Hi, I am Edan Yago. I have been invited to speak at Bitcoin 2013 about a new autonomous region that is going to come into existence by the end of this year. It is the result of many years of dedicated work coming to fruition.

The region’s laws are specifically being designed to have low regulatory barriers and provide residents with the world’s highest degree of freedoms. Freedom, and the experimentation it allows, create prosperity – and our mandate is to create a zone for such prosperity. We have decided to introduce this zone at Bitcoin 2013 because we think it will be of particular interest to you: It will be the first political zone in the world to officially recognize cryptocurrencies.

I am traveling down to the conference today, so I may not be able to be responsive here. But I am interested to hear what questions you have so that I can try and answer them during the talk.

I am excited to finally be able to talk about this and am looking forward to seeing you all.

Feel free to send along any spare floating point remainders: 1CVTqVbqHTw35xGKfp4vmxggKdkMVwswtr
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 12:02:14 AM

I think we can build a new type of marine force with this. Remember the vomit scene in "Stand by me"? We could call it the marine hurler. Imagine disabling a ship by pure vomiticity.

Actually I think the idea is more along the lines of "Have them on the ship. If done coding they can start sewing Nike shoes and balls."

It's sheer genius, for one white teenage "founders" are cheaper than azn teenage girls. For the other sausage fest so no unwanted pregnancies etc. Economically the idea wins.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
mrbrt

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 12:35:37 AM

He's a seasteader. That's why he's talking about zones and regions instead of land. Have fun fighting off pirates.

Fighting pirates?!  With the prospects of life in modern society, this is probably one of the most fun I can think of.

Tell that to the crews of the hundreds of ships that were hijacked by Somalian pirates.
Anenome5

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 02:40:41 AM

"The region’s laws are specifically being designed to have low regulatory barriers and provide residents with the world’s highest degree of freedoms."

Instead of trying to impose "the right laws" from the top down why not be the first society to try poly-centric market based law.
I endorse this approach, and have been studying and building a system I hope to implement on a seastead in the near future. Can't wait. It's such an improvement. Individualism applied to law, agreement-based law and individual sovereignty. It's never been tried and few have even theorized about it in more than general terms.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
Anenome5

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 02:43:05 AM

Tell that to the crews of the hundreds of ships that were hijacked by Somalian pirates.
These same ships are prevented from carrying the kinds of defensive arms that would make a couple Somalis with a skiff and some AK's turn tail and run.

Let civilian ships install some anti-boat armaments, like the privateers of old, and you'd largely end your piracy problem.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:39:07 AM

These same ships are prevented from carrying the kinds of defensive arms that would make a couple Somalis with a skiff and some AK's turn tail and run.

Let civilian ships install some anti-boat armaments, like the privateers of old, and you'd largely end your piracy problem.

But if they are claiming that they have legal power over the ship as if it was a independent territory they can allow themselves arms....

Unless the international community decides that to be a act of war or something.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:53:04 AM

What land are you on?

Obviously this is the most important and interesting question. In order to make sure that we do not go through what happened in Honduras again, both we and the host country are obligated not to reveal the location until all legislative and contractual elements are finalized.

And as per tradition, unknown noob poster makes vague claims. Herpderp and gl to you.

MPOE, we have worked very are to cross all our Ts on this one. I was invited to speak at the conference because we are more than a fly-by-night claim. 

This is interesting topic. So does this mean you will not be revealing the location at the conference?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 05:21:24 AM

He's a seasteader. That's why he's talking about zones and regions instead of land. Have fun fighting off pirates.

Fighting pirates?!  With the prospects of life in modern society, this is probably one of the most fun I can think of.

You mean the ships passing by...Somalia?

Should people not walk down sidewalks because walking down the sidewalk in the wrong neighborhood will get you shot?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
ktttn

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Capitalism is the crisis.

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 07:22:28 AM

Can this please be Catalonia?

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Ever see a gutterpunk spanging for cryptocoins?
LfkJXVy8DanHm6aKegnmzvY8ZJuw8Dp4Qc
pwi

Activity: 118

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 07:28:58 AM

I have some friends that would assist. Agreed about being this being a seasteader. I will be listening no matter how outlandish. If such a speaker is at the conference, I hope someone posts a video.

Buy my PS3 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216554.msg2282760#msg2282760

Sign up with campbx:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=3lo7dSqrLOu Yes it's an affiliate link, but you will not see me touting anything I do not both believe in and make extensive use of myself. Campbx is one of those things.
fr33d0miz3r

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:58:58 AM

Sealand?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Sealand

greyhawk

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 09:01:43 AM

I endorse this approach, and have been studying and building a system I hope to implement on a seastead in the near future. Can't wait. It's such an improvement. Individualism applied to law, agreement-based law and individual sovereignty. It's never been tried and few have even theorized about it in more than general terms.

Oh it's been tried all right. Several times in fact. It always ends in blood, tears and shit sticking to the wall.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 09:04:53 AM

He's new.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
ktttn

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Capitalism is the crisis.

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 11:42:37 AM

For better or worse, starting from scratch is a worthwile experiment when you consider the difficulty of local implementation with the lack of such an experiment. Goes both ways though, but in places where btc is not painfully absent, New Hampshire, Germany, Cypress, are more common than new places that have it built in.
Diversity of tactix.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Ever see a gutterpunk spanging for cryptocoins?
LfkJXVy8DanHm6aKegnmzvY8ZJuw8Dp4Qc
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 12:29:20 PM

Oh it's been tried all right. Several times in fact. It always ends in blood, tears and shit sticking to the wall.

Please provide us with some more detail. Specifically where and when are you talking about. You said several times so please be sure to site at least 3 examples.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
greyhawk

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 12:47:02 PM

Please provide us with some more detail. Specifically where and when are you talking about. You said several times so please be sure to site at least 3 examples.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freetown_Christiania
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Atlantis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Minerva
http://chiefacoins.com/Database/Micro-Nations/Freedonia.htm
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: