Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:41:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Bitcoin Desktop Wallets  (Read 3375 times)
coinsgod (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:59:00 AM

What are the best bitcoin desktop wallets? And also other wallets that include a number of altcoins goo?

Riberiy

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 08:04:02 AM

best solution is a wallet for each coin. So one for bitcon, one for ethereum etc etc...
Personally I didn't trust multi coin wallet, but there are few official option.
about btc the best desktop light wallet is electrum.
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 08:23:39 AM

I like Exodus for a number of altcoins, it's very easy to handle. But I wouldn't use it for BTC since the transaction fees are apparantly very high. For BTC I also recommend Electrum.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 02:30:11 PM

blockchain.info

Blah blah
Intensity

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 03:22:28 PM

Electrum is the wallet mostly recommended for BTC on a desktop. For multi coin wallets, Exodus has a nice GUI, but as mentioned, the fees to send BTC can be high. I personally like Jaxx.io for a multi wallet since they give three options for sending speed when it comes to BTC. Ultimately, the choice is yours.

https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet
zzwensel11

Activity: 160

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 06:14:53 PM

I have been a happy user of electrum for a while. Quite straightforward and it just feels secure, also thanks to many reviews of others.

░▒▓█ / / /X42/ / / WELCOME TO FEELESS FUTURE! █▓▒░
acemith

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:34:47 AM

So Electrum it is. I'll also check out Exodus for the supported altcoins, but I think I can manage to have different wallets for each coin.

Thank you.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:57:46 AM

Here are some of the most reputable desktop wallets we currently have, all of which you have access to your private keys(very important):

Take note though, Windows is very vulnerable to malware and viruses compared to other operating systems. Meaning your private keys are more vulnerable when on Windows. Depending on what operating system you're currently using, I would prefer installing a wallet on a Linux operating system or even better in my opinion if you would keep your bitcoins/cryptocurrencies on an android device or apple device instead.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
coinsgod (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:19:47 AM

Take note though, Windows is very vulnerable to malware and viruses compared to other operating systems. Meaning your private keys are more vulnerable when on Windows. Depending on what operating system you're currently using, I would prefer installing a wallet on a Linux operating system or even better in my opinion if you would keep your bitcoins/cryptocurrencies on an android device or apple device instead.

If you were to keep it on an andriod or apple device, how would you deal with backing up the private key & wallet.dat file? The problem with phones is if it's lost or stolen.

What do you think about these strategies:

1. Encrypting the private key & the Wallet.dat file with GPG4Win. Secure wipe the original private key & the Wallet.dat file so there's no traces left on your computer. When you want to use your wallet program you just decrypt the Wallet.dat file. Open your wallet, do what you need to do, close it. Use GPG4Win and encrypt the new Wallet.dat file. Secure wipe the new unencrypted Wallet.dat file. Also secure wipe the old original encrypted Wallet.dat file as you now have a new encrypted Wallet.dat file.

2. What about if you were to keep your private key and your Wallet.dat file saved onto an encrypted partition/volume using Veracrypt. When you need to use your wallet you copy the Wallet.dat file off the encrypted volume once mounted to your C:/coinfolder/. Open your wallet, do what you need to do, close it. Copy the new Wallet.dat file to the encrypted volume then dismount that volume so it's fully encrypted again. Secure wipe the new unencrypted Wallet.dat file sitting in your C:/coinfolder/

midelou

Activity: 442

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:22:33 PM

I use Electrum. Have not used Exodus yet.
BTcSD

Activity: 110

LoveMe

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:27:11 PM

i advise to use main bitcoin core software if you have good internet speed &  HDD space else use Electrum instead . for online solution use blockchain.info and always never forget to backup wallet.dat file. 

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Rune
Legendary

Activity: 1229
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:04:36 PM

Electrum is absolutely the best no hassle light weight wallet I highly recommend that to any user.
cucuadam

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:39:11 PM

i guess Blockchain is good to wallet
MaxDigger

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:49:32 PM

I use jaxx both as a desktop and a mobile version. For now I am satisfied.
yeamin.rsl

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:09:12 PM

In my small mind i think its coinbase.
And its address is: https://www.coinbase.com/
Honest Tim

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:47:12 PM

What are the best bitcoin desktop wallets? And also other wallets that include a number of altcoins goo?
For bitcoin you can afford to install electrum as it takes very less space and is also easy to use.
But for altcoins I advise you to stick with official wallets as others are quiet risky to install as they may contain hidden viruses or maybe keyloggers.
vithancodai

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:12:22 AM

i guess Blockchain is good to wallet
i have question for about blockchain . i see it is storage offline or online , can blockchain has been hacked ?
dlhezter

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:58:42 AM

for me, im using electrum wallet on my desktop for my bitcoin transactions, and myetherwallet(dot)com for my all altcoin. im not saying that those wallets which im using now are the best wallets, it is more comfortable for me to use this wallets.its up to you which wallets are suited to your needs.
namjey

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:00:44 AM

from my personal experience the best ones are eletrum! I didn't have any problems so far
S9Capital

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 01:06:34 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2017, 01:40:07 AM by S9Capital

Our team is grading coins/exchanges/wallets on their use of best in class cybersecurity practices. We encourage ICO investors to check the #CryptoHygiene of their potential investments (https://www.securecoin.capital/cryptohygiene)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: