Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:28:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Bitcoin Desktop Wallets  (Read 3378 times)
mrdueri

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:12:32 AM

Blockchain.info is a web wallet but it's really good.
aizen10

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:24:45 AM

What are the best bitcoin desktop wallets? And also other wallets that include a number of altcoins goo?

im not saying that these are the best wallet. i am suggesting wallets which i already used before. like electrum wallet for my bitcoin storage, and myetherwallet for other altcoin i have. its up to you if you willing to try those wallets i mentioned. good luck.
loragean03

Activity: 403

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:47:32 AM

What are the best bitcoin desktop wallets? And also other wallets that include a number of altcoins goo?

try to use electrum and bitcoin core. this wallets are the best. I am using those two and so far it is good for me to use. but I think its up to you to choose which wallets are suits to your need.
m!llar

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:17:55 AM

you can choose by your self if you want to use it for sell you need low fee so you can use blockchin.info

if you want to support many coins use one that support coins and......................
wBlue62

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:12:07 AM

Elecrtrum is the best one IMO. Which did you go with?
Ann Impas

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:49:23 AM

Here in the Philippines we use coins.ph because it's easy to use and very trusted wallet it is mostly used by the BTCneirs here in the Philippines but theres still fees (of course)
Ke!th

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:40:54 AM

i’m newbie but i read about blockchine.info  fast and high security with low fee
Hanebel

Activity: 363

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:37:46 PM

Take note though, Windows is very vulnerable to malware and viruses compared to other operating systems. Meaning your private keys are more vulnerable when on Windows. Depending on what operating system you're currently using, I would prefer installing a wallet on a Linux operating system or even better in my opinion if you would keep your bitcoins/cryptocurrencies on an android device or apple device instead.

If you were to keep it on an andriod or apple device, how would you deal with backing up the private key & wallet.dat file? The problem with phones is if it's lost or stolen.

What do you think about these strategies:

1. Encrypting the private key & the Wallet.dat file with GPG4Win. Secure wipe the original private key & the Wallet.dat file so there's no traces left on your computer. When you want to use your wallet program you just decrypt the Wallet.dat file. Open your wallet, do what you need to do, close it. Use GPG4Win and encrypt the new Wallet.dat file. Secure wipe the new unencrypted Wallet.dat file. Also secure wipe the old original encrypted Wallet.dat file as you now have a new encrypted Wallet.dat file.

2. What about if you were to keep your private key and your Wallet.dat file saved onto an encrypted partition/volume using Veracrypt. When you need to use your wallet you copy the Wallet.dat file off the encrypted volume once mounted to your C:/coinfolder/. Open your wallet, do what you need to do, close it. Copy the new Wallet.dat file to the encrypted volume then dismount that volume so it's fully encrypted again. Secure wipe the new unencrypted Wallet.dat file sitting in your C:/coinfolder/
Thank you!This is so helpful for someone like me who mostly uses phone!
Straux

Activity: 412
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 07:26:00 AM

For Bitcoin, the wallet that I would recommend for the desktop is Electrum. Its light, simple to use and secure. Other alternatives include Jaxx and Exodus, which also support a variety of altcoins, whether it be Ethereum, Litecoin and others. However, wallets such as Exodus are known to have high fees for Bitcoin (as explained above) so I would recommend using Electrum for Bitcoin.
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 04:58:00 AM

The best in the philippines is Coins.ph because it's trusted and you can pay mostly your bills there and has a low transaction fee.
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 05:22:07 AM

I use Electrum because its among the most trusted wallet around here and has features you can not get on other wallets
mustafizur8400

Activity: 86

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 05:44:21 AM

Eletrum is one of the most popular wallet because of its speed and convenient use. It can be used as cold storage and if you have any other computer that can be used offline .
dendroid

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 05:45:31 AM

I just found out electrum wallet and started using it. Seems fine for now
MARK 777

Activity: 52
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 05:59:50 AM

i tried many wallet more than 2 weeks and blockchain.info best one
Isaac 666

Activity: 48

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:14:39 AM

Offline version of blockchain.info
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:49:19 AM

The best interface is Exodus for me. I also use blockchain.info , bitcoin.com and jaxx ... I like all of them. My only problem with exodus is extremely high fees... They are too much.
coinsgod (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:37:13 AM

Personally I wouldn't use a web wallet ask I think they are not secure.

Aegean Skipper

Activity: 378
Merit: 126

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:04:23 PM

i am using the official, bitcoin core, for downloading the blockchain, together with armony.

so my main wallet is armony
BobBoulder

Activity: 140
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:31:04 PM

As far as I can see from this thread, four wallets has been singled out as a good choice. I personally use Jaxx because I liked that there is also a mobile version that can be synchronized with the desktop version. I also like that there is an option which allows you to convert between the coins.
Hichi

Activity: 88

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:28:04 PM

the most user friendly wallet I recommend is EXODUS! These guys are really briging simplicity to life and their wallet is so intuitive that you'll get used to it in a matter of minutes. They keep on adding support for various crypto's so you'll will easily be able to convert internally anycoin (via shapeshift) to any other coin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: