Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:29:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: i7 mining?  (Read 6632 times)
joshuaj

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

IDEX - LIVE Real-time DEX

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:19:56 PM

Thats why I based all my recent rigs on AMD Ryzen processors - unbeatable in price / performance ratio compared to Intel.

If I had to build new rigs with the latest tech I would go ryzen, no question about that.

Opterons are doing pretty well too.

edit: sorry for the OT, i7 thread...

But too bad that no ryzen mobo supports more pci-e slots yet... Or maybe there is but I don't know?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vangardo

Activity: 644
Merit: 272

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:19:03 PM

Personally from me, the mining on processors has long gone obsolete. If they come up with a new algorithm  you can have a couple of weeks of mining
joshuaj

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 02:13:21 PM

Personally from me, the mining on processors has long gone obsolete. If they come up with a new algorithm  you can have a couple of weeks of mining

You are right, only new algorithm should worth.

Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:00:53 AM

Thats why I based all my recent rigs on AMD Ryzen processors - unbeatable in price / performance ratio compared to Intel.

If I had to build new rigs with the latest tech I would go ryzen, no question about that.

But too bad that no ryzen mobo supports more pci-e slots yet... Or maybe there is but I don't know?

Biostar makes the TB350 BTC, a mining specific motherboard for the AM4 socket. We have 5 rigs running 6 x GPUs and R5 1600 CPUs, all mining of course. With the current price of Monero, Ryzen is a very nice CPU miner.... there are other coins to mine as well if you want to dig around a little deeper. Smiley
civilufo

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:02:04 AM

Biostar makes the TB350 BTC, a mining specific motherboard for the AM4 socket. We have 5 rigs running 6 x GPUs and R5 1600 CPUs, all mining of course. With the current price of Monero, Ryzen is a very nice CPU miner.... there are other coins to mine as well if you want to dig around a little deeper. Smiley

Thanks for your info, I have checked biostar tb350, but it is just 6 pcie slots, I was thinking to have more than 10 slots motherboard like tb250 btc pro.

Astmalim

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:27:37 AM

It is still more efficient to mine the Monero with good CPU.
un4given

Activity: 192

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:57:16 AM

what cpu miner are you using? i have a xeon 1271 V3 sitting around and doing nothing and would like to mine XMR, but with old ccminer miner i was getting like 90 h/s :/
joshuaj

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:45:22 AM

what cpu miner are you using? i have a xeon 1271 V3 sitting around and doing nothing and would like to mine XMR, but with old ccminer miner i was getting like 90 h/s :/

Can you use ccminer to mine by cpu? I thought we have to use cpuminer instead?

civilufo

Activity: 375

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 05:31:15 AM

You can to order almost any miner from AsiaOptom. We have a lot of miners, and we deliver it from China. There are the most popular miners on the website  http://asiaoptom.com/catalog-miners/. We have and the other too. You can aks me about it ishimov.danil@asiaoptom.com

We are discussing about cpu miner here, are you okay?

And yet your website is in Russian by default, but deliver from China? Very suspicious...

Sidas_Crew669

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:55:52 AM

I think if you want to use CPu as a basis to get some cryptocurrency it's a very detrimental thing, because the benefits that you can get a little and the possibility to be very large (Cryptocurrency is) is also not necessarily. I think if you intend to find a coin in mining it would be better to use gpu as you have already used. For more power and maximum profit is good enough.And remember that if you use mining then it should always be ready to increase the number of mining tools, otherwise you can get the loss quickly
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:11:11 PM

Maybe you should use one of those profits switching sites. Search what you're actually talking about is CPU mining that I don't think you're going to get anywhere with it if you don't use some sort of site that's going to switch the coins for you. Otherwise you're still going to lose money using those type of sites but at least you will get a little bit more than if you were to do it on your own.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
rossskkinder

Activity: 80

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:01:42 PM

Please will you tell me more about it.Im pretty interested.
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:15:29 PM

Something bothering me for a long time, if mining altcoins is not profitable in most cases if not all then why would people keep mining them even they

Can see they're not earning any profit? some one probably assembled some kind of miner with special hardware and they are mining some of the best

Altcoins more than all of us combined, no matter how many CPU I use to mine Monero, it will never be profitable for me, unless I have free electricity

Which I don't yet I'm mining it with CPU.
dave4925

Activity: 134
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:00:05 AM

if you have a haswell or newer generation i7 and overclock it, you can make like a a few pennies a day if you have cheap electricity.

1BTcdaveJEX8SrLb62YSLY7r3W9P8XQYBN
joshuaj

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 03:38:30 AM

if you have a haswell or newer generation i7 and overclock it, you can make like a a few pennies a day if you have cheap electricity.

You're right, I have one i7 7700 and I can see the performance, but the heat henerated is much much more than old i7, so a water cooler is preferred for mining purpose.

dave4925

Activity: 134
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 06:10:43 PM

You're right, I have one i7 7700 and I can see the performance, but the heat henerated is much much more than old i7, so a water cooler is preferred for mining purpose.

I have a 4790K Devil's Canyon (haswell refresh) overclocked with a large Phantek tower dual fan cooler with decent TIM.  It peaks at 55C at 320 H/s.  I use XMR-STAK-CPU miner.

1BTcdaveJEX8SrLb62YSLY7r3W9P8XQYBN
joshuaj

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 03:06:54 PM

I have a 4790K Devil's Canyon (haswell refresh) overclocked with a large Phantek tower dual fan cooler with decent TIM.  It peaks at 55C at 320 H/s.  I use XMR-STAK-CPU miner.

Maybe 4790K is better in heat issue, but 7700 is really bad, I even found an statement by Intel saying 100C is just fine with 7700, because alot of people complaint about the heat issue.

WiserCoin

Activity: 47

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 03:31:33 PM

You can try wsc with this processor.
joshuaj

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:17:15 AM

You can try wsc with this processor.

Wisercoin? That is a scrypt algo!!! Are you trying to joke with us or you trying to build up your post count?

kripitov

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:19:16 PM

CPU mining is no longer profitable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: