Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:44:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammer: Inaba  (Read 8288 times)
oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:19:22 AM

I think the bottom line is: you can argue that as long as BFL has not defaulted yet, mods should not be in a place to make predictions, as they should only handout scammer tags based on facts of scamming. Otoh, if there is sufficient evidence that BFL hasn't reached their power traget, the bet between Inaba and Micon should be upheld, and Inaba should get a scammer tag if he refuses to pay up the 1000 BTCs.

Geez, as long as he doesn't flat out refuse to pay, he can take all the time in the world, right? Never mind the fact that he didn't put up the cash in escrow as specified and that it's been two months, it not like he (or the people he works with) have a track record for being hilariously late with stuff and or simply not delivering.

Oh, if their clients keep putting up with them, clinging to their preorders like it's the last straw grown on the bank of the river, why should the mods care? Suckers gonna find a way to screw themselves up anyway. Heck, if Theymos does give BFL the scammer tag, he may even find himself in waist-deep shit, as thousands of BFL "believers"/EMC customers going crazy with him as if he is the one responsible for their losses, I can foresee that.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:49:37 AM

thousands of BFL "believers"/EMC customers going crazy with him as if he is the one responsible for their losses
Yes, he has a substantial share in that responsibility! He allowed scammers to advertise for too long while silencing all of us who tried to warn what is going on.
surebet (OP)

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:39:28 AM

I think the bottom line is: you can argue that as long as BFL has not defaulted yet, mods should not be in a place to make predictions, as they should only handout scammer tags based on facts of scamming. Otoh, if there is sufficient evidence that BFL hasn't reached their power traget, the bet between Inaba and Micon should be upheld, and Inaba should get a scammer tag if he refuses to pay up the 1000 BTCs.

Geez, as long as he doesn't flat out refuse to pay, he can take all the time in the world, right? Never mind the fact that he didn't put up the cash in escrow as specified and that it's been two months, it not like he (or the people he works with) have a track record for being hilariously late with stuff and or simply not delivering.

Oh, if their clients keep putting up with them, clinging to their preorders like it's the last straw grown on the bank of the river, why should the mods care? Suckers gonna find a way to screw themselves up anyway. Heck, if Theymos does give BFL the scammer tag, he may even find himself in waist-deep shit, as thousands of BFL "believers"/EMC customers going crazy with him as if he is the one responsible for their losses, I can foresee that.

Once more for those who are having a seperate conversation; I'm not talking about the delays of BFL vaporware, simply using them as an example of hilarity in track record.

I couldn't give two shits about BFL getting tagged, that's about the greed and naïveté of their client base. I'm talking about Josh, the person incarnated by the forum name Inaba and his six figure boast-bet. Yes I find the split "one account to kinda stay profesionnal but not really and one account to flat out insult clients" method stupid, but it was allowed so that's that.

Stop trying to tag BFL in this thread.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:51:34 AM

I'm talking about Josh, the person incarnated by the forum name Inaba and his six figure boast-bet.
Of course.
oakpacific

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:44:22 PM

Once more for those who are having a seperate conversation; I'm not talking about the delays of BFL vaporware, simply using them as an example of hilarity in track record.

I couldn't give two shits about BFL getting tagged, that's about the greed and naïveté of their client base. I'm talking about Josh, the person incarnated by the forum name Inaba and his six figure boast-bet. Yes I find the split "one account to kinda stay profesionnal but not really and one account to flat out insult clients" method stupid, but it was allowed so that's that.

Stop trying to tag BFL in this thread.

I agree fully that given the precedence of MNW, Inaba should be fully taggable for his bet with Micon if the outcome is clear.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:15:14 AM

I've got my popcorn ready when this entire BFL scandal blows up.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:08:38 PM

I've got my popcorn ready when this entire BFL scandal blows up.

tick tock tick tock...

Though it would be GREAT if I got a jala before WebWarIII

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
pikeadz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:56:53 PM

Tag him for the unpaid bet as well as the 11 month stringalong game.  Unacceptable.
KGambler

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:29:10 PM

It's disgusting that Inaba / Josh Zerlan does not have a scammer tag yet.  The charity bet is a very clear cut case of scamming.  BFL's CEO (not Josh - different scammer) is a convicted con artist (whose father was a career con man).  It's pretty transparent what they were hoping to accomplish with this phony "guarantee".
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 09:55:41 AM

It's disgusting that Inaba / Josh Zerlan does not have a scammer tag yet.  The charity bet is a very clear cut case of scamming.  BFL's CEO (not Josh - different scammer) is a convicted con artist (whose father was a career con man).  It's pretty transparent what they were hoping to accomplish with this phony "guarantee".

Same thing as with the fake delivery bet on coinjedi's scamsite? Just a guess.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:27:19 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Q9ZEdOLSE

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:30:33 PM

Give it time, if we waited almost a year already for them to be scammer tagged, I'm sure the benefits of applying a scammer tag in the future will be very rewarding. Smiley
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 02:32:53 PM

Greets,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119338.0

You know the drill. An "untrustworthy" tag à la Matthew N. Wright could also be considered.

Yup...

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Viceroy

Merit: 501

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 02:37:13 PM

Greets,

You know the drill. An "untrustworthy" tag à la Matthew N. Wright could also be considered.

Of course the great irony here is that Matthew has been banned because he "said something" and Inaba continues to be the number one advertiser in these forums.  Theymos is OBVIOUSLY more interested in the money than the conversation.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 02:44:38 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2013, 04:09:48 AM by Xian01

Greets,
Of course the great irony here is that Matthew has been banned because he "said something" and Inaba continues to be the number one advertiser in these forums.  Theymos is OBVIOUSLY more interested in the money than the conversation.

It would not be fair to label Inaba a scammer without bestowing the same honor upon Theymos.

Neither will happen on these forums under Theymos' ownership; the corruption runs too deep.
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 07:39:22 AM

Inaba = Shady.

BFL = Shady.

Why not give both the SHADY tag?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 10:40:36 PM

Haha looks like someone learned a new word today! 

Bick, you're like a little kid who learns his first cuss word... you go around adding it to everything you say, is it because you think it makes you cool?

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 11:10:00 PM

Bick, you're like a little kid who learns his first cuss word... you go around adding it to everything you say, is it because you think it makes you cool?

This is how you handle customer service, guys. You should always go around telling the community you are trying to get to buy your products that they are basically fucking idiots constantly.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 11:18:13 PM

This is how you handle customer service, guys. You should always go around telling the community you are trying to get to buy your products that they are basically fucking idiots constantly.

Psssst... Bicknellski isn't a customer.  He purchased from Avalon and we see where that got him...

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 11:21:14 PM

Psssst... Bicknellski isn't a customer.  He purchased from Avalon and we see where that got him...

Keyword: community

I didn't say customer or Bicknellski.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: