Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:15:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading altcoin and holding bitcoin which one is more profitable?  (Read 13574 times)
finity

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:51:11 AM

I hold maximum bitcoins in my wallet and invest a part of it in different altcoins looking at the news and doing my own research by going through the price charts as I think to multiply your profits you need to do both and cannot rely only on single method to make money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:02:27 AM

Bitcoin remains to be the top cryptocurrency and all other altcoins want to be like bitcoin. The trust of the community makes bitcoin a very stable currency to hold with long term profits evident even from this year's rise alone. I'd rather hodl as much btc than trade in altcoins I am not sure about.
Yes hold is gold .Bitcoin price already hit near 6000$ after this year it will be 8000$ .SO i think bitcoin is better than altcoin.
Bitcoin's price hitting $6000 and most of the altcoins reducing makes sometimes hodling more profitable.
I lost so much from the trading of altcoin recently since I was holding so many of them and did not dump quickly. I could have held on to them but would not want to take the chance of further dump and good I made that decision. If I did hold my coin in BTC, I would have had more in value but it is just one of those things.
wizmo

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:08:34 AM

I have come to realize in recent time that holding bitcoin in ones wallet is more profitable and a little bit risk free as compared to trading altcoin or what do you think ?

Trading altcoin = quick profit, Holding bitcoins = long term profit. Altcoin trader make very large sum of money and yeah altcoin trading is very risky while bitcoin holding is risk free and profitable at the same time that's why newbie needs to stick with hold bitcoins than trading altcoins.

Altcoin trading requires market research and they should know the potential market for the particular coin so I believe trading is not for everyone.
dettihegedus

Activity: 237
Merit: 10

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:06:24 PM

bitcoin has dropped recently, so holding bitcoin and wait until it rise again is good idea for longterm investment, however, i am using altcoins for tranding, since the day bitcoin rise over 6000 altcoins price has dropped more and more, so i lost my profits very much, but i will trade my altcoins to bitcoin and hold, because it it will have more profits than altcoins. 

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
wildan88
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:25:42 PM

trading altcoin certainly very profitable, I have experience from some of my friends, a trader altcoin can benefit up to 10 bitcoin in a month even more, while hold bitcoin takes a long time and a profit definitely not much like trading altcoin.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:52:22 PM

Bitcoin remains to be the top cryptocurrency and all other altcoins want to be like bitcoin. The trust of the community makes bitcoin a very stable currency to hold with long term profits evident even from this year's rise alone. I'd rather hodl as much btc than trade in altcoins I am not sure about.
Yes hold is gold .Bitcoin price already hit near 6000$ after this year it will be 8000$ .SO i think bitcoin is better than altcoin.
Bitcoin's price hitting $6000 and most of the altcoins reducing makes sometimes hodling more profitable.
I lost so much from the trading of altcoin recently since I was holding so many of them and did not dump quickly. I could have held on to them but would not want to take the chance of further dump and good I made that decision. If I did hold my coin in BTC, I would have had more in value but it is just one of those things.
Evidently Bitcoin remains the coin to hodl anytime, because it has the highest liquidity and stability unlike altcoins. However the trader in me will also recognize profitable trading opportunities in altcoins when one shows up. Right now, almost all the altcoins have had massive sell off (not dump) and funds moved to Bitcoin in order to take advantage of the Bitcoin Gold airdrop.

From hindsight, soon after the hard fork and BTG bonus collected, some of the funds that originally came from altcoins would start finding their way back and their prices would start rallying again. In the light of that, setting some funds aside to buy some altcoins now can be a worthwhile investment decision. The point is grab the profits from altcoins and run to Bitcoin to secure them!
mickeybuddy27

Activity: 429
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:41:26 PM

trading altcoin certainly very profitable, I have experience from some of my friends, a trader altcoin can benefit up to 10 bitcoin in a month even more, while hold bitcoin takes a long time and a profit definitely not much like trading altcoin.

Without trading in altcoins, I do not have any amount to hold in bitcoin. Both trading and holding bitcoin gives profit if going to analyse the price before to buy or sell. Sometimes even get profit in trading, you are not sure to get that high when going to convert it in local currency because it depends on the exchange rate. We hold bitcoin because the price decreases after doing the trading so have to wait for the time that it again increases.

Protomono

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:11:26 PM

Trading gives a bigger advantage than holding. Because, by tradign we make investment that we have become more active (although holding bitcoin has proven profitable). In fact, from trading i can earn more than 80% growth within 3 months.

WARRIORS LAND        ◼◼◼   is a multiplayer game
    ►►►►►► 100 PVP ARENAS ◄◄◄◄◄◄   
[ TELEGRAM ]      TWITTER ]      [ MEDIUM ]
PrinceCaspian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:24:04 PM

Trade altcoin because that is better because if you will make profit in altcoin trading then you can hold the few of your bitcoin and let the rest roll again and be used as a capital to trade altcoins to generate more bitcoin that you can hold for long term.

▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄████████████████████████████████████▀▀███▄
  █████████▀        ▀███████████████▀         ▀████   ██████   ██████▀██     ███████████▄    ██████████   ███████████▄
 █████████    ▄▄▄▄    █████████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███    █████   ██████████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀████
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███     ████   ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███       ███
██████████   ▀█████▄▄▄█████████████   ███████   ███      ███   ████████████            ███   ███          ███       ███
███████████▄    ▀▀█████████████████   ███████   ███   █   ██   ████████████            ███   ███  █████   ███      ▄███
██████████████▄▄    ▀██████████████   ███████   ███   ██   █   ████████████            ███   ███  ▀▀▀▀▀   ███    █████▀
██████████▀▀▀█████▄   █████████████   ███████   ███   ███      ████████████            ███   ███          ███     ███
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███   ████     ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███      ███
 █████████    ▀▀▀▀    █████████████▄   ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████    ██████████    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███       ███
  █████████▄        ▄███████████████▄         ▄████   ██████   ██████▄██     ███████████▀    ██████████   ███        ███
   ▀████████████████████████▀████████████████████████████████████▄▄███▀
      ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
█████|     Telegram     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Youtube     |     Facebook     |█████

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER
ANN Thread

PRIVATE SALE...MARCH 10
PRE-SALE▬▬▬.MARCH 25
CROWDSALE.APRIL 11
carlerha

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:01:44 PM

Trading gives a bigger advantage than holding. Because, by tradign we make investment that we have become more active (although holding bitcoin has proven profitable). In fact, from trading i can earn more than 80% growth within 3 months.
But we have to take a decision according to the situation. For example in present time eveeryone is expected that the price of itcoin is going to increase more and more, so in present time it will be more profitable if we hold bitcoin. But sometime we feel the need to invest money in altcoins, who have good potential and from where we also have good opportunities to make good amont of money.
iamteody

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:30:18 PM

Both profitable but make sure that you sell your coins when it pump so watch out.
DevilSlayer

Activity: 1400
Merit: 357

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:00:48 AM

Trade altcoin because that is better because if you will make profit in altcoin trading then you can hold the few of your bitcoin and let the rest roll again and be used as a capital to trade altcoins to generate more bitcoin that you can hold for long term.
I agree to you that many altcoins today are full of potential in the market. I am also a trader and I earned now many money beca of altcoins. Try to invest your money in the altcoins.
cryptokitty

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

Global Blockchain Solution For Transportation

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:40:27 AM

I have come to realize in recent time that holding bitcoin in ones wallet is more profitable and a little bit risk free as compared to trading altcoin or what do you think ?

Both are profitable when you done it right and you also have more capital in your side. In every trading the most important is you have your money with you to start your trading and earn profit.
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:06:37 AM

As trader I cannot justify you because both of them are very good when it comes to long term holding. So please try to invest which you can afford to loose because don't rely completely on this investment sometime you may get returns fastly and sometimes it is not possible.

happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:57:01 AM

You are right but it is still depends on the altcoin you choose and the timing when will you buy and sell it. if you didn't sell before the hardfork you will obviously didn't follow the trend one of the reason why you lose.
blowshitup

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 03:57:46 AM

i would say depends on

1. HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAVE TO INVEST ( LOOSE Grin )
2. HOW MUCH TIME YOU HAVE
3. AND HOW MUCH RISK YOU TAKE

katiecbell

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:31:02 AM

Trading has always beaten up all the other ways of making money but a trader can learn good profits only if he has the required skills. Trading is a scary job and for a newcomer, I suggest trying it out with altcoins because the loss won’t be as great as the BTC one would be.

However, trading altcoins will give equivalent amount of profit as by holding bitcoin at maximum. Bitcoin price is rising up very fast so holding it on will give grand profits.
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:31:23 AM

Trading of any coin is very much profitable if you are having good drip in trading. Trading is not an easy thing to learn. As far as trading of altcoin and holding pf bitcoin is concerned, I think it is holding of bitcoin which is far more beneficial than trading of altcoin. Holding of bitcoin is less risky and it can help you good amount of money while putting g in less amount of efforts. For that, you should have the quality of remaining calm.

fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:15:05 AM

You are right in some regard, when we talk about the strategies, everything comes to an end and you can find a better solution to it. Your strategy define the way of profit you want. Either you want to make some amazing profits but late, or you want to get some crispy profits but low in short time. Whatever suits you that will help you to make better decisions in your life...?
PacePay

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:17:29 PM

Both are profitable when you done it right and you also have more capital in your side. In every trading the most important is you have your money with you to start your trading and earn profit.
It is a fact that holding bitcoin passive in your wallets especially that of offline ones is the best method of making money in the crypto market than gambling with coins or trading them. As far as the comparison of bitcoins and altcoins is concerned, bitcoin has always been in front of altcoins in every race. Trading with altcoins can never generate profit equal to holding bitcoin and selling them off at right time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: