Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:46:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading altcoin and holding bitcoin which one is more profitable?  (Read 13574 times)
Soranith

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:08:48 PM

Trading altcoin is more profitable if you know when to buy and then when to sell. But if you do not have the skills of beeing a trader then it would be better to hold bitcoin and just wait for your money grow every month.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptowhiz

Activity: 53
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:29:42 PM

Definitely trading altcoin..
RequiredBTC

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:02:10 AM

Trading altcoin is more profitable than just holding bitcoin for me. With trading, our investment can growing more aggressively as long we mature in analysis and not rush when making decisions.
ForeverSmall

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:03:32 AM

if you good at trading then it absolutely trading and if you not than you know the answer
there is no correct answer for this question
COINTRADINGTIPS

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:10:06 AM

After intensive research I found you may win in few cases while trading in alts if you are smart and have patience. But in most of the cases you will loose bitcoin. So I feel better to hold bitcoin rather than trading in alts. or better to trade the volatility of btc.
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:35:54 AM

After intensive research I found you may win in few cases while trading in alts if you are smart and have patience. But in most of the cases you will loose bitcoin. So I feel better to hold bitcoin rather than trading in alts. or better to trade the volatility of btc.
I think that trading and earning volatility also have some risk, Although disproportionate with gambling. In extreme cases, trade is always safer.
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:20:05 PM

Re: Trading altcoin and holding bitcoin which one is more profitable?

To be honest base on my personal observation, I f I park only my bitcoin in my wallet, i think I earn a decent  gain right now. Before the fork, i bought several alts and when I check last couple of weeks, their BTC value shrunk. Though their dollar equivalent is quite having some gain, but in my computation, I gained ore if the let it sit on my BTC wallet.
ukboss

Activity: 742
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 12:39:56 PM

It is different type of income if you know about altcoin and if you very expert with trading you can make a profit with trading and if you don’t know you can’t make any penny but if you are a crypto holder you must make a better so I think Holding is best and more profitable.
bitcoinKnight809

Activity: 59

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:42:40 PM

Holding BTC and a very promising Altcoin would be good. Trading might make you gain some money, but even bigger money is made by sitting throughout a BIG wave.
EJHX

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:45:44 PM

I would definitely be holding at least 25% of a portfolio in Bitcoin. I hold the other 40% in promising altcoins, and the rest in more risky investments.

Always DYOR and don't chase green candles!
Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:54:52 PM

To be honest base on my personal observation, I f I park only my bitcoin in my wallet, i think I earn a decent  gain right now. Before the fork, i bought several alts and when I check last couple of weeks, their BTC value shrunk. Though their dollar equivalent is quite having some gain, but in my computation, I gained ore if the let it sit on my BTC wallet.
If you want to optimize your profit to highest, you should to follow the trend of Bitcoin. Trust me! Bitcoin is the mover of cryptocurrency and its value can changes other cryptocurrecies price. The fact, by the panic seller + whale make the price of altcoin dump by the growth of Bitcoin.

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 09:45:34 PM

If you want to optimize your profit to highest, you should to follow the trend of Bitcoin. Trust me! Bitcoin is the mover of cryptocurrency and its value can changes other cryptocurrecies price. The fact, by the panic seller + whale make the price of altcoin dump by the growth of Bitcoin.
It's clear that certain people are manipulating the market clearly, But I'm interested in another question, and this is how you can get a Bitcoin counterpart in your purse blockchein.info. for today on this purse supports only Bitcoin, Bitcoin cash and etherium.
Partizanai

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:01:47 AM

as for now trading altcoin is more profitable, since bitcoin reached this such a high price. small altcoin price can x2/x3/x5 in a mater of a day
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:23:38 AM

as for now trading altcoin is more profitable, since bitcoin reached this such a high price. small altcoin price can x2/x3/x5 in a mater of a day

Now bitcoin slowly started to move up so if it crosses 19 to 20K again then you may need to watch out for all your altcoins. Now many shits coins also went up a lot and once bitcoin start moving up all these coins will come down even faster so if you already in profits then start booking some profits. You should keep both bitcoins and some good altcoin for the long term.
Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:39:24 AM

It's clear that certain people are manipulating the market clearly, But I'm interested in another question, and this is how you can get a Bitcoin counterpart in your purse blockchein.info. for today on this purse supports only Bitcoin, Bitcoin cash and etherium.
Haha, I do not care any Bitcoin "clone", Bitcoin Cash is enough for the current Bitcoin system, in my opinion. Although Bitcoin Cash can not support for all transaction of Bitcoin, but I think someday, when we can find more solutions, I think we can use both coins in one chain.

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
santieevanz

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:45:55 AM

Bitcoin is known as having a highest value in a crypto world which is more profitable. However, we cannot ignore and underestimate the capabilities and potential of other alternative coins because some new existing coins are supported by their investors and who knows that maybe in future they will pump too just like the bitcoin, ethereum and others. In my opinion, holding your bitcoin is profitable because you won’t need to make an effort too much and which take a really huge profit in the future.

greenbitsgm

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:53:10 AM

Both can be very profitable but requires a good control of oneself,patience and a bit of luck. But i prefer HODLing Bitcoin and buy more if i have the fund because it's probably the only option i can afford to do.Trading requires a lot of time monitoring the market for the price breakdown and movements on an hourly basis,so that you can pick a good coins to start your trading.And you just don't do trading if you're not skill enough or knowledgeable enough about how trading works.So,to summed it all i don't have the qualification to do trading.
KeikoKitagawa18

Activity: 364

World Family Coin

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:56:41 AM

I think altcoin trading is more profitable than investing in bitcoin because for me the price of bitcoin is too expensive and our chances of getting as much profit as in the past years are gone.
While investing in altcoin is easier to benefit if we choose the right altcoin.

●   Space Knight   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  WFC  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  Donations Platform  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
HELLOFF

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:33:17 AM

I think altcoin trading is more profitable than investing in bitcoin because for me the price of bitcoin is too expensive and our chances of getting as much profit as in the past years are gone.
While investing in altcoin is easier to benefit if we choose the right altcoin.
I completely agree with you, since the price for altcoin changes almost every day and if you take the 5% correction, then with a certain amount of coins you can earn good money. Although if you do not invest in Bitcoin for an early term, then in the same way you can earn and trade Bitcoin on the difference in price.
enwi

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 07:37:18 AM

I have come to realize in recent time that holding bitcoin in ones wallet is more profitable and a little bit risk free as compared to trading altcoin or what do you think ?

It's up to you to make a decision, I think it's better now to hold the bitcoin and switch to trading in altcoin because the current altcoin price is good.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: