Bitcoin Forum
May 16, 2024, 06:46:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading altcoin and holding bitcoin which one is more profitable?  (Read 13574 times)
Noilee

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:55:12 AM

of course holding Bitcoin is more profitable other than trading an altcoin 'for now',
Bitcoin price slowly keep increasing day by day and an altcoin price slowly decreasing.
Bitcoin price not yet reach its limit so it would be better to keep your Bitcoin for a few weeks,
and after Bitcoin show us a 'sign',the party will begin.
that is the right time for us to use it as an opportunity to grab some altcoins into our bags,
because that is also 'sign' for an altcoin.

just simple logic
Bitcoin Pump = Altcoin Dump
Bitcoin Dump = Altcoin Pump,
but sometimes we can see Bitcoin Pump = Altcoin Pump
I agree with you that holding bitcoin is profitable than trade in altcoins, because we see that the price of bitcoin is increase everytime , not like on the price of altcoins sometimes its really drop its price. So its better to hold bitcoin even in long period of time so that we can earn profit. We cant predict the altcoins price, so its much better to hold bitcoin. Bitcoin also has a great value and profitable than altcoins.
khalifa25

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:17:48 AM

I choose to earn a token instead of buying because of the income, I don't want to lose some money, so if my token earned was converted to bitcoin it is enough for me because I have an income .
Bitkoyns

Activity: 1078
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:29:14 AM

when it terms of trading altcoin make sure that the alt would have the rapid price increase so that you will earn but if you trade with a coin that is started to drop its value you will have negative profit if ever , in terms of holding bitcoin for me it is good due to its large potential to pump its price anytime of the day .
HalfDeck

Activity: 223
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:43:04 PM

of course holding Bitcoin is more profitable other than trading an altcoin 'for now',
Bitcoin price slowly keep increasing day by day and an altcoin price slowly decreasing.
Bitcoin price not yet reach its limit so it would be better to keep your Bitcoin for a few weeks,
and after Bitcoin show us a 'sign',the party will begin.
that is the right time for us to use it as an opportunity to grab some altcoins into our bags,
because that is also 'sign' for an altcoin.

just simple logic
Bitcoin Pump = Altcoin Dump
Bitcoin Dump = Altcoin Pump,
but sometimes we can see Bitcoin Pump = Altcoin Pump
I agree with you that holding bitcoin is profitable than trade in altcoins, because we see that the price of bitcoin is increase everytime , not like on the price of altcoins sometimes its really drop its price. So its better to hold bitcoin even in long period of time so that we can earn profit. We cant predict the altcoins price, so its much better to hold bitcoin. Bitcoin also has a great value and profitable than altcoins.
Increase everytime? What are you saying? I did not know the price of Bitcoin does not dump to low price like Altcoin. Bitcoin is also a cryptocurrency, it is not the God in crypto, so, it can be affected by the controller anytime, the price of Bitcoin is still high because the whale want to keep this value until they have profit.
Owl129

Activity: 203

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:52:30 AM

Trading altcoin as well as holding bitcoin will give you profit. Which is profitable, i guess it is holding bitcoin. As of now altcoin price is not that high like bitcoin although both methods are risky holding bitcoin can give you more profit. But if you experiment on both try to trade some your bitcoin with an altcoin you know that will increase in some period of time then hold some of your bitcoin, you can see which of the two will give you more profit. Just look at bitcoin price to other altcoin ,bitcoin is still more superior than other coins but there are some coins with a promising increase of price.

katarin2030

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:39:22 AM

Trading altcoin as well as holding bitcoin will give you profit. Which is profitable, i guess it is holding bitcoin. As of now altcoin price is not that high like bitcoin although both methods are risky holding bitcoin can give you more profit. But if you experiment on both try to trade some your bitcoin with an altcoin you know that will increase in some period of time then hold some of your bitcoin, you can see which of the two will give you more profit. Just look at bitcoin price to other altcoin ,bitcoin is still more superior than other coins but there are some coins with a promising increase of price.
As of now, the price of bitcoin is fluctuating around 10-11k$, so better to hold the bitcoin in future when the price jumps up that will give good profit. Coming to the altcoin I feel less price altcoins can give better profit with short term trading but need to select the altcoins carefully.
Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:22:47 AM

As of now, the price of bitcoin is fluctuating around 10-11k$, so better to hold the bitcoin in future when the price jumps up that will give good profit. Coming to the altcoin I feel less price altcoins can give better profit with short term trading but need to select the altcoins carefully.
According to my experience, although the time you recommend to buy Bitcoin is gone, but you can see the price of Bitcoin not stop at correction 50%. Because this is the bearish trend + long time correction in the Bitcoin value. 50% is not enough to make you buy Bitcoin early like that.

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
Papaczed

Activity: 378

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:42:00 PM

as for now trading altcoin is more profitable, since bitcoin reached this such a high price. small altcoin price can x2/x3/x5 in a mater of a day
For me holding bitcoin is still more profitable to do because it has a big chance that the value of bitcoin is we will rise or pump very high in middle of this year and we all know that holding takes a lot of time but for me holding bitcoin will totally pays off.

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
RenBct

Activity: 233

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:16:48 PM

For me personally trading alts is the best because you earn fiat while growing your btc at the same time, but of course trading is so much more riskier than hodling.

oxidoreductase

Activity: 224
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:45:15 PM
Merited by Tiger Junk (2)

For me personally trading alts is the best because you earn fiat while growing your btc at the same time, but of course trading is so much more riskier than hodling.
Until now i am not great on trading so for me holding bitcoin is more profitable to do, eventhough holding bitcoin is we will takes a lot of time but holding our bitcoin  can really give us a very high amount of money, and i think it is more profitable to hold bitcoin because we will just need to wait until the value of bitcoin is we will pump.
Birin016

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:07:28 PM

In my opinion, holding bitcoin is more profitable compared trading altcoin because trading altcoin is very risky , if you have bitcoin and hold it for 1-2 years i believe than you can got a lot of profit
maydna

Activity: 2926
Merit: 556

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:11:41 AM

In my opinion, holding bitcoin is more profitable compared trading altcoin because trading altcoin is very risky , if you have bitcoin and hold it for 1-2 years i believe than you can got a lot of profit

I think doing both trading altcoin and holding bitcoin is more profitable and I think he can do it too. maybe he can do like what I do. I doing trading altcoin in every day or three times for a week and I think I can make a good profit and I always buy bitcoin especially if the price is down and I keep that bitcoin until the price increase to high. for that week, I can collect the profit and still doing trading altcoin until now and since bitcoin is not yet increasing high, I think it is good for me to still keep that bitcoin for a long term.
astridplomp

Activity: 217

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:26:38 AM

it is true to say holding bitcoin will be much profit than trading altcoins, bitcoin is more fluctuative than altcoins, it can easily rising in the short time, choosing a right time to invest will make us rich in the short time, however it is more risky than altcoins, also there are altcoins that can rise its price in a very short time, more than 100% in just few months, brings huge profit to investors.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:40:33 PM

Until now i am not great on trading so for me holding bitcoin is more profitable to do, eventhough holding bitcoin is we will takes a lot of time but holding our bitcoin  can really give us a very high amount of money, and i think it is more profitable to hold bitcoin because we will just need to wait until the value of bitcoin is we will pump.

Well if you've been dealing with btc and alts for a long time now, it won't be as risky since there are certain aspects in trading that can be taken advantage of through experience. For newbies, hodling is definitely safer. But try to experience trading while you're holding. Even little trades can help a lot even if you lose in the beginning.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Manchumichael

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:02:30 PM

I think doing both trading altcoin and holding bitcoin is more profitable and I think he can do it too. maybe he can do like what I do. I doing trading altcoin in every day or three times for a week and I think I can make a good profit and I always buy bitcoin especially if the price is down and I keep that bitcoin until the price increase to high. for that week, I can collect the profit and still doing trading altcoin until now and since bitcoin is not yet increasing high, I think it is good for me to still keep that bitcoin for a long term.

Yes both are profitable but in that trading altcoins is a risk. high risk involved in trading altcoins if you invested in any shitcoins you will never get back your loss. all your investment will be gone. for example, BCC who all invested in this coin all of them is in big loss now. but investing in Bitcoin and waiting for 2 or 3 years it is good 100% you can make a profit.
mega

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:57:07 PM

How much you capable to do trade and how much you have capacity of investment,Highly skilled,deeply study,awareness of market,proper home work results successful trade.While High investment and patience to hold result handsome profit.

Got my account back! It was hacked. Sorry about it :|
warr1979

Activity: 564
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:20:57 PM

Yes both are profitable but in that trading altcoins is a risk. high risk involved in trading altcoins if you invested in any shitcoins you will never get back your loss. all your investment will be gone. for example, BCC who all invested in this coin all of them is in big loss now. but investing in Bitcoin and waiting for 2 or 3 years it is good 100% you can make a profit.
Hmm, do you mean BCC is Bitconnect?
Because in past days, I have good profits from Bitcoin Cash when I had bought it at 0.0126 BTC/BCC on Binance exchange.
BCC is the trading pair of Bitcoin Cash on Binance exchange, only those who invested Bitconnect are losing money Roll Eyes
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:30:54 AM

I have come to realize in recent time that holding bitcoin in ones wallet is more profitable and a little bit risk free as compared to trading altcoin or what do you think ?

Actually, it depends upon their statuses in the market. Although, both are proven to be profitable. So, if you are asking which one is more profitable, my answer would be doing both if you could. You can do them simultaneously depending on their respective statuses in the market and I can guarantee that there will be profit to both of them.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:36:04 AM

Because now the bitcoin is volatile so I prefer to trade altcoin which more profitable, but that's also depends on how the market means in 2017 bitcoin holding is more profitable than altcoin trade because at that time bitcoin market more up.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
katarin2030

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:33:47 AM

Because now the bitcoin is volatile so I prefer to trade altcoin which more profitable, but that's also depends on how the market means in 2017 bitcoin holding is more profitable than altcoin trade because at that time bitcoin market more up.
Bitcoin is for the future prospect so better to invest in the bitcoin and hold for some time in future it will give good profit. Talking about the altcoin the prices are less so trading altcoin may give profit but need to select the altcoins carefully, altcoin with less base price so for trading suits better.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: