Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:53:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading altcoin and holding bitcoin which one is more profitable?  (Read 13578 times)
bealjulian

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:19:04 PM

Majority of the users make an good earning through altcoins and hold those earnings for long term usage in the form of bitcoin. So both were mutually important for a bigger profiting. Trading altcoins profitable but the risk is high. Sometimes we will get big loss in altcoin trading. You have full knowledge on altcoins then enter altcoin trading or else better save your bitcoins for a long time
Makrochain

Activity: 130
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:19:11 PM

Its never good to compare them cuz both have good and bad sides, for the moment many think that holding bitcoin is better option. In order to earn a good amount of profit from altcoin trading, the person must have a great amount of a particular altcoin also. Otherwise, holding one or two monaco cannot give that big a profit within a month
Vanshenz

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:06:47 PM

I have come to realize in recent time that holding bitcoin in ones wallet is more profitable and a little bit risk free as compared to trading altcoin or what do you think ?
trading bitcoin and altcoin have a very high risk, but I think bitcoin trade is more profitable than altcoin trading, since bitcoin is the digital currency that is a reference to all existing altcoins, so if bitcoin prices drop then all altcoin prices will go down but if the price bitcoin rises all altcoin prices will not go up all, only some altcoin that price goes up..
kramr

Activity: 406
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:00:10 PM

Some one said that BTC will short and altcoins will get many more attractions and gain faster than btc if we are on that situation go for trading altcoins and can get a living with that.
cryptojaani

Activity: 252
Merit: 71

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:06:18 PM

If your only interest lies in speculation, I think there is no doubt that trading with altcoins (and in fact, practically trading with any market given the great profitability of that commercial activity) is much more profitable than simply holding your bitcoin speculating with the possibility of its long-term growth.

But they are not the only options you have, because you can also invest your bitcoins in loan systems that allow you to obtain a fixed return while you keep your bitcoins.
Both holding bitcion and trading alt are profitable although trading involves a lot of experience and some times not really meant for everybody despite its profitability potential. I believe holding bitcoin is more risk free to those who are not good in trading altcion or crypto currency in general.
contactmike1

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:03:38 PM

Second option used to be more profitable, but I believe in 2018 year altcoins will show themself and will rise like a BTC in 2017. So, 2018 is a year of alts, that is my personal opinion. Another good option is rebalance yout portfolio sometimes after a growth of some assets
komjhq

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:36:16 PM

Second option used to be more profitable, but I believe in 2018 year altcoins will show themself and will rise like a BTC in 2017. So, 2018 is a year of alts, that is my personal opinion. Another good option is rebalance yout portfolio sometimes after a growth of some assets
Kineshma Does it take into account the fact that some investors bought Bitcoin in 2016 for $ 500, he even at current prices is quite a lot of money. Therefore, here who is so lucky, I do not need to mention the new possibilities of Bitcoin in the future. So far, these opportunities are not justified.
Technos

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:00:02 AM

I have come to realize in recent time that holding bitcoin in ones wallet is more profitable and a little bit risk free as compared to trading altcoin or what do you think ?
I've seen experts say that, most of the time, holders make more money than traders, even when traders are not at a loss. But that statement is only valid if you're holding the right asset, of course.
Altcoins are one of the riskiest things in crypto, and it may be wise to hold Bitcoin if you don't have enough experience to deal with them.

⚪ Byteball (https://byteball.org/)     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.0)          TELEGRAM (https://t.me/byteball)          TWITTER (https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg)          MEDIUM (https://medium.com/byteball)          SLACK (https://slack.byteball.org/)          REDDIT (https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/)
arief89

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:05:59 AM

holding bitcoin is more profitable than trading altcoin, the reason may be that altcoin prices are not like bitcoins that always have high prices and faster price increases, so if we hold bitcoin, then we can predict our income from bitcoin, whereas altcoin trade will be difficult predicted because the increase in altcoin prices is not as fast as bitcoin.

cryptohunterJestes

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:56:21 AM

For me both are profitable but holding bitcoin is less risk than holding altcoin.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:03:00 AM

holding bitcoin is more profitable than trading altcoin, the reason may be that altcoin prices are not like bitcoins that always have high prices and faster price increases, so if we hold bitcoin, then we can predict our income from bitcoin, whereas altcoin trade will be difficult predicted because the increase in altcoin prices is not as fast as bitcoin.
In fact, Altcoin's prices have risen more sharply, but if Bitcoin is showing a rise in price. Altcoin's only problem is that Bitcoin is not independent, they show very sudden price changes. I am investing especially in altcoins these days, but I do not recommend it.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
EinWert

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:43:48 AM

for long term obviously bitcoin will more profitable rather than altcoin but holding altcoin is not so bad if you able to discover the exact altcoins which is had potential to grow in the future i think it's profitable too but indeed only several altcoins could survive at least 3 years since they're got launch but the percentages to get profit is very small because there is no guarantee altcoins price will always grow every years
loof99

Activity: 524
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:56:00 PM

I think it will be more profitable it you choose to hold your bitcoin because it will be less effort since all you need is to wait and as the time passed by, you will received a huge amount of return on income.
Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:09:25 PM

I think it will be more profitable it you choose to hold your bitcoin because it will be less effort since all you need is to wait and as the time passed by, you will received a huge amount of return on income.

There is no doubt that holding is the safest way to make profits from bitcoin but the only issue is that you have to wait very long to make best profits as no one can judge when its price will reach to the moon and if you don't have patience then holding is not for you so to grow bitcoins faster you should invest some of it in different altcoins and start trading and if you have invested in altcoins at a right time then you will be growing your bitcoins on regular basis which is far better then keeping bitcoins idle in wallet.
Glydel1999

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:55:16 PM

Holding bitcoin is more profitable because altcoin's value is half of half of bitcoin's price.
Meaning if you hold bitcoin then you wait for its price increase, obviously in just first pump you can get immediately a large amount of profit to your investment.
gatti

Activity: 382
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:42:50 PM

Bitcoin is the king of crypto currency by this unique features.When the price of bitcoin reaches 19k$ ,many investors become rich in their society by converting into FIAT.If you are looking for long term ,you can choose the trusted altcoin.
mudasarali43

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:16:42 PM

I think the main thing is the rates, If you are watching the benefits ratio then you can easily make decision, I think the profit ratio is depending upon the market condition if you trade altcoin may be you bear loss in the same way in bitcoin, So the main thing is to understand the market and pull and bull of altcoins,
bytomboy1234

Activity: 145
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:29:58 PM

I think the main thing is the rates, If you are watching the benefits ratio then you can easily make decision, I think the profit ratio is depending upon the market condition if you trade altcoin may be you bear loss in the same way in bitcoin, So the main thing is to understand the market and pull and bull of altcoins,
I think for me it depends on what you consider profitable and what your goal is. If you just want to increase your dollar value you should be good sticking with a hold bitcoin strategy. However if you want to earn more bitcoin you should start trading altcoins. And that doesn't necessarily implies day trading, you can also accumulate an undervalued coin and sell it for a big profit later down the road.
zanzay

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:30:10 PM

I think it's better to keep bitcoins for profit but all those profits depend on the increase and decrease in the price of a bitcoin. Better to keep altcoin also because when bitcoin prices fall, altcoin prices usually tend to increase
ElitistCA

Activity: 477
Merit: 250

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:45:34 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2018, 10:37:00 AM by ElitistCA

I think for me it depends on what you consider profitable and what your goal is. If you just want to increase your dollar value you should be good sticking with a hold bitcoin strategy. However if you want to earn more bitcoin you should start trading altcoins. And that doesn't necessarily implies day trading, you can also accumulate an undervalued coin and sell it for a big profit later down the road.
Altcoin is an optional to earn more profits from the cryptocurrency market. But according to my experience, trading altcoin do not easy like your thought. Trading Bitcoin, you only need to follow the rate Bitcoin/USD. But trading Altcoin, you always need to follow the rate Bitcoin/USD + the rate Bitcoin/Altcoin. Therefore, there're many traders forgot the Bitcoin rates and trading in bearish trend. And the result for those people are lose money.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: