Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:17:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]BANKERA – Building the Bank for the Blockchain Era  (Read 185915 times)
Ansault

Activity: 105
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:45:12 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2018, 11:08:26 AM by Ansault

Even if they have, there are ways to deal with it. They said I should set up a new account with a different email address and then transfer the assets over. I can't do the second part due to email confirm requirements, but I already took care of the first part. They would need some way to prove that I own both accounts so that they can make the transfer on their end and feel confident that no one is getting scammed. I suggested they make a small deposit of some currency into each account and then have me tell support what it is. That I can do since I'm still able to log into the original account and the new account. Funny thing is that banks do that sort of thing all the time to double check that you actually own the bank account you are trying to link to whatever third party service it is.

It comes down to proving that you have *legit* access to the original account. A hacker could take over somebody else's account and insist it's theirs. Telling Bankera what amount was deposited to each account wouldn't prove you're not up to something nefarious.

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ansault

Activity: 105
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:24:49 AM

Your email is your access to your account, where you keep money at. Therefore, you must make sure you are using a reliable and long-term service, not an email that expires after certain days/weeks/months. Many users do not even have verified accounts, so how SpectroCoin team be 1000% sure that it is you contacting them for a change?
In this situation, your email and personal data are the proof that you are the true owner of the account. It cannot be changed, because that would eliminate the whole purpose of it. It is the same as if you walk into a bank, present no identity confirmation and demand that they transfer funds from one account to another.
You are fully responsible for the provided information and the safety of your credentials.

People can lose access to their email for various reasons other than the email provider disappearing. There should be a mechanism in place that lets a user prove that they're the legitimate account owner. A hard to guess recovery phrase given to a user that cannot be viewed or changed afterwards would take care of many instances where access to signup email address has been lost and save you from the headache of figuring out who's "email gone, halp!" story is legit and who's isn't.

contactmike1

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:31:30 AM

When will be launch of Bankera exchange? As far as I know, Uservice token is gonna be listed on your exchange and they promised to be  in conditions
for trading by the end of this month. On the other hand, on your web site stated, that only in 2 quarter of 2018 year you will launch exchange
jemura

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:48:39 AM

When will be launch of Bankera exchange? As far as I know, Uservice token is gonna be listed on your exchange and they promised to be  in conditions
for trading by the end of this month. On the other hand, on your web site stated, that only in 2 quarter of 2018 year you will launch exchange

They promised to list bankera tokens on HITBTC but there are no news about that. Keeping tokens only on their exchange will mean huge price manipulation possibility and will look like masked ponzi scheme similar to bitconnect with only one difference; Bitconnect was paying 1 % per day and bankera is paying almost nothing every week. Like this that ponzi can run up to 10 years or more.   

Legionar

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:36:01 PM

They promised to list bankera tokens on HITBTC but there are no news about that. Keeping tokens only on their exchange will mean huge price manipulation possibility and will look like masked ponzi scheme similar to bitconnect with only one difference; Bitconnect was paying 1 % per day and bankera is paying almost nothing every week. Like this that ponzi can run up to 10 years or more.   

They ran away.
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:41:03 PM

There's a lot of a question to the project. We collected a fairly large amount. What are the next steps? When does the project launch? Indeed there will be a listing for the HitBTC?
Bankera (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 123

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 01:27:56 PM

Your email is your access to your account, where you keep money at. Therefore, you must make sure you are using a reliable and long-term service, not an email that expires after certain days/weeks/months. Many users do not even have verified accounts, so how SpectroCoin team be 1000% sure that it is you contacting them for a change?
In this situation, your email and personal data are the proof that you are the true owner of the account. It cannot be changed, because that would eliminate the whole purpose of it. It is the same as if you walk into a bank, present no identity confirmation and demand that they transfer funds from one account to another.
You are fully responsible for the provided information and the safety of your credentials.

People can lose access to their email for various reasons other than the email provider disappearing. There should be a mechanism in place that lets a user prove that they're the legitimate account owner. A hard to guess recovery phrase given to a user that cannot be viewed or changed afterwards would take care of many instances where access to signup email address has been lost and save you from the headache of figuring out who's "email gone, halp!" story is legit and who's isn't.

On SpectroCoin, when you input/update your personal information, you must also set the secret question and answer - which you cannot change. Many people do not take that step.
Bankera (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 01:29:24 PM

Bankera’s Roadmap: What Comes Next - https://blog.bankera.com/2018/03/02/bankeras-roadmap-what-comes-next/ (for the full post and roadmap)

"The first partnership we announced was with the HitBTC exchange, on which our contributors will be able to begin trading BNK tokens in the second quarter. On HitBTC, BNK will be issued on the Ethereum blockchain as ERC20 tokens and will be paired with ETH and BTC. While our team does not rule out listing on other trading platforms, Bankera’s own exchange platform is currently in development and is being improved according to our community’s feedback. - also in: https://blog.bankera.com/2018/02/21/listing-bankeras-tokens-bnks-will-be-available-at-hitbtc/

Even though our official plan set on the roadmap is to develop an Exchange in the first half of 2018, we hope to develop the working product before the set deadline.

Additionally, new virtual cards will be launched this first quarter through SpectroCoin and, a bit later, plastic cards will be issued to previous cardholders. On our blog post about the new cards you can find the list of countries in which they will be available and the issuance sequence.

Bankera’s website is being updated to reflect this new phase and it will soon be available in more languages, in addition to English."

Bankera (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 03:37:46 PM

You can check the details about the 27th revenue share payout in our blog: https://blog.bankera.com/2018/03/08/the-27th-week-net-transactional-revenue-share-has-been-paid/
Opurum

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

Just another random pre satoshi crypto freak

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:20:31 PM

I don't agree with your view completely. Your email is your ID, yes. But in the case of ID documents and bank verification you mentioned ID documents can be changed or replaced when lost. So, why not email addresses? What harm would it be if SpectroCoin added security questions for email recovery purposes? I assume you are opining that it's better for users to loose funds stuck in SpectroCoin rather than change email addresses to have access their accounts.
Pastrana044

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:24:18 PM

I waiting too this exchange, cause i participated in Uservice ICO and have some tokens. So, wiil wait and ceep calm.
Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:25:29 PM

I'm just learning about this project, so sorry if this is a naive question. But I am wondering what BANKERA offers that its competitors do not? I'm wondering how you have differentiated yourselves from similar projects.
Legionar

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:04:57 PM

I'm just learning about this project, so sorry if this is a naive question. But I am wondering what BANKERA offers that its competitors do not? I'm wondering how you have differentiated yourselves from similar projects.

The one thing which bankera offers are free trading with BNK pairs.
strelok25

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:14:39 PM

The platform is pretty much interesting and seems to be innovative in terms of changing the payment system. This kind of platforms can be used globally. After main ICO ends how much time it will take before BNK tokens will appear as real ERC20/NEM tokens and become transferable?
IOTAking

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:27:52 AM

Hi Bankera,
    Other than Hitbtc, do you have plan to open trade of BNK on your spectrocoin exchange?
It would be good if you can just start trading BNK on your own spectrocoin exchange.
All our coins are already there.  Transfering ERC20 token does cost quite of fees.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:57:46 AM

I don't agree with your view completely. Your email is your ID, yes. But in the case of ID documents and bank verification you mentioned ID documents can be changed or replaced when lost. So, why not email addresses? What harm would it be if SpectroCoin added security questions for email recovery purposes? I assume you are opining that it's better for users to loose funds stuck in SpectroCoin rather than change email addresses to have access their accounts.

It should be very simple to verify if someone actually owns the account in question. You can ask for screen shots of account activity. You can make mini deposits and ask the user to provide the correct amounts and currencies. You can add a secret code to page three and ask for the user to find it by looking at the source code. The possibilities are literally endless. I am still able to log into my account. I just can't confirm anything by email. I agree that it would be better had I taken the time to complete my profile, enable 2FA, etc. But honestly, until this experience, I would have *never* guessed that *anyone* would think of an email address as something permanent and immutable.

BTW, I will keep bringing this up on this thread as long as my issue remains unresolved.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:38:00 AM

It should be very simple to verify if someone actually owns the account in question. You can ask for screen shots of account activity. You can make mini deposits and ask the user to provide the correct amounts and currencies. You can add a secret code to page three and ask for the user to find it by looking at the source code. The possibilities are literally endless. I am still able to log into my account. I just can't confirm anything by email. I agree that it would be better had I taken the time to complete my profile, enable 2FA, etc. But honestly, until this experience, I would have *never* guessed that *anyone* would think of an email address as something permanent and immutable.

BTW, I will keep bringing this up on this thread as long as my issue remains unresolved.

you better move your thread to spectrocoin thread in exchanges section
People watch them,it is about SC reputation what is not a best.Only one scrutinity in crypto is btctalk

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
aleksus

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:59:45 AM

That's a very legit question. I also had problem with spectrocoin 2FA security, namely one day I realized that I don't have a backup code for the 2FA and i wanted to reset it, but it was not possible, when you activated it once and then disabled and reactivated the code stays the same, but you won't see it.  In other resouces you have possibility to generate a new 2FA if you need it, but it was not the case with Spectrocoin. So I think they need to revise their security standards and listen to their customers.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:49:01 AM

If you read SC terms and condition you will see what puzzle it is
Part is some company in uk part is in lithuania and hard to find who is responsible for what
Bankera token issuer is from British Virgin Island
So writing here have no sense
I saw support on sc thread has some will to  help

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
btcltcdigger

Activity: 1988
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:55:33 AM

If you read SC terms and condition you will see what puzzle it is
Part is some company in uk part is in lithuania and hard to find who is responsible for what
Bankera token issuer is from British Virgin Island
So writing here have no sense
I saw support on sc thread has some will to  help

So Virgin ISlands...ofshore accounts...
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: