Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:25:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]modum.io - award-winning Swiss startup innovating supply chain operations  (Read 35365 times)
modum.io (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:45:10 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2017, 10:33:16 AM by modum.io

Twitter | Slack | Medium | LinkedIn | Reddit

M O D U M . I O
Enabling data integrity for supply chain operations, using blockchain technology.
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Modum.io proudly presents the MOD token: a crypto token that comes with voting rights and profit participation rights.
Purchasing the MOD token is supporting a prominent, award-winning Swiss start-up with a working hardware prototype, several successful pilot projects completed, industry partnerships and backing by two leading Swiss universities.

The MOD token is backed by the modum.io business case, the regulation driven use case for blockchain technology in the supply chain sector.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Since its founding in 2016, modum.io has conducted several pilots with industry leaders in order to receive customer and user input for developing the system, test different go-to-market strategies, and explore business and pricing models.  
The advantage of using blockchain technology in the supply chain is that it provides an open, immutable, global, online ledger for transactions, which includes a verification mechanism.

About modum.io

modum.io's sensor devices record the environmental conditions (i.e. temperature, humidity, movement, etc.) that a package has been subject to while in transit. Senders can pre-program alarm criteria into the blockchain, which will enable the sensor device to notify receivers of any deviation in conditions that may affect the product.

modum.io’s first product for pharma logistics is regulatory driven. The market need is created by the revised Good Distribution Practice of medicinal products for human use by the European Commission (2013/C 343/01). This regulation is mandatory, requiring the over 10,000 certified pharma distributors in the EU to prove that shipped medicines have not been exposed to conditions (particularly temperature) that may have compromised their quality.

modum.io's Sensor Device Solution

modum.io offers a highly efficient supply chain solution which enables affected companies to prove compliance with regulations using blockchain and Internet-of-Things (IoT) technology.

To that end, modum.io has developed a solution which

1.   has a high degree of automation, is fully wireless,
2.   allows a painless roll-out and customer integration, has no gateways,
3.   provides high data integrity, -authenticity, independent verification, auditability, security, and flexible data ownership, and
4.   is still a low-cost solution that facilitates mass usage.

More details in our Whitepaper

Why invest

•    A product-market fit, proven through successful commercial pilots
•    A MOD token, coming with aligned incentives with profit sharing token structure
•    Fair ITO conditions with a reasonable cap, under Swiss law
•    Short time-to-market due to commercial launch in Q1/2018
•    Pre-investments of close to 1,000,000 USD
•    A great team with an incredible breadth of experience
•    A blockchain agnostic setup, prepared for the future
•    Voting rights, enabling a fair and community-controlled milestone approval

Token Economics

The modum token sale is over

The MOD token comes with both voting rights at predetermined milestones and profit participation rights. Read our whitepaper for more details.

Total token supply: 30 million (30,000,000) MOD -> Chart
Max. 20.1 million will be offered in a crowdsale:

- (SOLD OUT) 2.1 million (7%) pre-sale with a 50% discount, 50 Cents instead 1 USD per token
- 18 million (60%) will be offered in public sale
    6 million with a 30% discount, 70 Cents instead of 1 USD per token
    6 million with a 15% discount, 85 Cents instead of 1 USD per token
    6 million with 0% discount, 1 USD per token

- 9.9 million (33%) will be locked in a smart contract and released upon public voting:
    0.9 million to cover the token sale expenditures and the bug bounty program
    9 million will be released over the next three years to retain profit sharing rights to modum.io AG.

Oversubscriptions of a bonus tier get allocated to the following tier.

What the Press says

As the only system that currently complies 100 percent with all EU guidelines concerning the distribution of medicinal products, the Modum.io system is providing a solution to substantially cut these delivery costs.
- Nasdaq

Swiss start-up Modum, for example, uses blockchain as a way of assuring recipients that pharmaceuticals have remained within an acceptable temperature range while in transit.
(...) Immutable records on every aspect of a transaction – from the source of the raw material to where and how the products were manufactured, (...) – are the new basis of trust.
- World Economic Forum

Swiss-based startup, Modum.io, has won $25,390 (CHF 25,000) after taking first place in the Future and Emerging Technologies vertical of the Kickstart Accelerator 2016, out of 850 startups from 40 countries.
- Bitcoin Magazine

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
modum.io (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:52:04 PM

Developers: Our Bug Bounty Programm will be launched soon.

In the meantime you will find further informations on: http://modum.io/tokensale
Münzpräger

Activity: 1596
Merit: 362

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:38:23 PM

Count me in.

Innovative real world use case for the blockchain, maybe even IOTA in the future, a reasonably capped ICO, and unlike most projects you are close to entering the market. Sounds good to me. I wish you great success. 
YIz

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:42:23 PM

Looks like a pretty good project, but $30M seems like too much.
modum.io (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 06:36:29 AM

Looks like a pretty good project, but $30M seems like too much.

Thank you for the compliment!

We will sell 20M tokens and with all discounts raise max. 16,350,000 USD at the end.
10M tokens are locked for modum.io and will only be released after the tokenholders have voted that we have reached our milestones.
Lyricz
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 06:40:57 AM

Nice project, i read/write a lot with the team per mail an at the german tread.

I will definitely invest,....

Btw: If you believe in IOTA, you should also invest a little part in modum Wink
HODL to the moon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:47:43 PM

Really interesting project. Great to be here so early. This is going to be huge!

modum.io (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:37:47 AM

Thank you all for the compliments!

We have updated our token sale site with FAQ including answers to:
Token Characteristics, Token Sale Process and an extensive block regarding modum.io's business case.

https://modum.io/tokensale/#FAQ

Edit @ HODL to the moon: Great name! Wink
modum.io (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:26:11 PM

We have been featured by Switzerland's leading platform for startups: http://www.startupticker.ch/en/news/august-2017/modum-io-reports-successful-start-of-token-sale

Modum.io is a tech startup developing systems to improve supply chain processes by combining the best of blockchain technology and IoT. The company has raised USD 1.25 million in an oversold token pre-sale within a couple hours last Friday. Public token sale will start on 1 September.
enochi

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:21:46 PM

great project ,count me in.
marc0o

Activity: 26
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 01:44:25 PM

I am really convinced of this project. Wish you good luck! :-)
modum.io (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:55:04 PM

Thanks for your interest and compliments!

By the way, we have an official subreddit where we regularly post news: www.reddit.com/r/modum_io
xyj790204

Activity: 334

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:02:27 PM

Thanks for your interest and compliments!

By the way, we have an official subreddit where we regularly post news: www.reddit.com/r/modum_io

look nice project ,already add to my watch list .keep your hard work ,thanks sir !
Bigbobbasher

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

Crypto connoisseur.

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:58:16 PM

no project bounties?
modum.io (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:31:12 AM

no project bounties?

Thanks for your interest
We don't have a signature or social media campaign, BUT we will soon release our bug bounty program for developers.
modum.io (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:40:58 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2017, 08:34:59 AM by modum.io

We have been featured by https://smarticoinvestor.com/modum-ico-review-interview/ with an in-depth review and interview

Modum ICO – IoT & Blockchain Is The Future of Automation

A review + interview of the upcoming Modum ICO
The future is the blockchain. Eventually it will be an invisible, ever present system in our lives.  One of the biggest revolutions in the future will be the integration of the blockchain with other emerging technologies such as self driving cars, Internet-of-Things (IoT) and AI.

I’m a firm believer the next step for blockchain tech is its application to existing corporate business structures to reduce costs and increase efficiency. One of the areas ripe for its application is the global supply chain, as each step from materials to production to retail must be monitored for safety and regulatory purposes. A transparent, immutable blockchain will ensure that companies working together, regulatory bodies and other auditors have access to

(...)
Modum has a working temperature logger ready for corporate application once the token sale ends. The device has already gone through several pilot phases, with the company learning from test cases and modifying the device (data throughput speeds, NFC, dashboard) to allow for greater scale. According to their whitepaper, they claim they can reduce costs per shipment by up to 60% and that if their system is introduced in mass across the 200 million shipments a year, it would save up to 3 billion USD.

(...)

Conclusion
I like Modum, it’s a tailored solution that solves a specifc use case and will lower costs for “last mile” logistics providers. More so, as their components will be pharma grade, they will be easily adaptable for other spheres of business. In my initial writeup of Modum, I was wrong in my approach, their hardware/IoT development path will continue and be adopted for other requirements in other industries. The business has legs in my opinion and I will be extremely interested in how their token sale goes.

grex

Activity: 179

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 12:28:17 PM

Just looked through your website, great project!
However when you are investigating other blockchains beside ethereum, you should have a look at NEM.
There's already a similar project using the NEM blockchain, luxtag, which specializes in proof of ownership/authenticity.
modum.io (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:33:01 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2017, 01:48:01 PM by modum.io

modum token sale to accept IOTA tokens

Hi everyone!

We are very happy to be able to announce the start of a long-term strategic collaboration with IOTA!

The start of this will be the integration of IOTA tokens as a participation possibility in the MOD token sale.

On Wednesday, August 23 modum.io and IOTA will host an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on the IOTA subreddit(https://www.reddit.com/r/Iota/).

We look forward to fielding any and all questions regarding this exciting, new partnership and how the IOTA token can be used in the MOD token sale.

Asked about modum.io, Dominik Schiener says: “It is great to see an IoT and [Suspicious link removed]pany, with a clear go-to market strategy, thinking about utilizing the IOTA infrastructure. modum.io is a blockchain enabler and we are happy to see IOTA be one of the enabling technologies of this project.”

modum.io CEO, Malik El Bay, explains: “Integrating IOTA tokens as a participation possibility for our token sale is just the first step in a long-term strategic partnership. To execute our vision we need a technology for our sensor devices, allowing the transfer of value without charging tremendous transaction fees. For this reason, modum highly values IOTA’s infrastructure and we are aiming to integrate it as soon as possible into the modum system. The IOTA foundation and modum.io will be partnering to deliver a proof-of-concept for our next industry tests and we plan to publish the results by fall 2017.” He continues: “Since we are blockchain agnostic, we are always evaluating different technologies and protocols for our product and IOTA’s innovative approach with the Tangle has put it at the top of our list of technologies.”

More information on the collaboraiton can be found here: https://modum.io/modum-token-sale-to-accept-iota-tokens
modum.io (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:46:01 AM

Just looked through your website, great project!
However when you are investigating other blockchains beside ethereum, you should have a look at NEM.
There's already a similar project using the NEM blockchain, luxtag, which specializes in proof of ownership/authenticity.

Hey Grex

We are blockchain agnostic: We are constantly evaluating different technologies.
Let me quote from our token sale website:

The modum smart contracts are not restricted to a single blockchain. Our pilot projects, including those with a large Basel pharmaceutical company and a leading parcel distributor, used the Ethereum platform. Ethereum was chosen for its stability and its simplicity in creating the governing logic of the smart contract execution. However, modum.io remains agnostic in terms of blockchain use in order to avoid dependency on a single platform or limit the preferences of clientele. modum.io is currently testing the integration of other smart contract enabled blockchains.

Thank you for the suggestion!
I have forwareded it to our CTO.
Lyricz
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:52:23 AM

Hey Modum-Team,

What's your timeline to bring this technology to the last mile of the transport (in a package to the enduser)?
Or are you focusing on the industrial shipping?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: