Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:00:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE WAR OF PRIVACY - Monero vs Zencash vs Spectre vs Dash vs ...  (Read 2247 times)
namethathasntbeentaken (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

update : namewastaken

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 11:49:21 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2017, 12:32:16 AM by namethathasntbeentaken

"Competition is infused into Zen at its very core; by its nature, it is a necessity of optimal
decentralization and a principle we believe enables beneficial evolution. This process
also includes competition in the broader cryptocurrency landscape for ZenCash, and for
our system in the ecosystem of blockchain platforms.
ZenCash directly competes with ZCash, Zclassic, Dash, Monero, ZCoin, Bytecoin,
ShadowCash, Boolberry, and other privacy-augmented cryptocurrencies."

You can read the above at zen white paper (which is amazing)
What are your thoughts on them, coins focused on privacy? Currently atm :

- Zencash #171 $5.92
- Monero #12 $48.73
- DASH #9 $202.52
- Zcash #19 $211
- Spectre #271 $0,16

edit: can a moderator delete this post? i posted on the wrong section

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol  ●  Available on Bisq.io
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 12:37:04 AM

there are comparisons for example

https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php

XMR definitely superior

zen is zcash copycat so same principles apply

spectre, I never heard about it

Truth is the new hatespeech.
Coffee2015

Activity: 258

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 01:19:36 AM

It is clear from its specification: XSPEC is the best.

integrated Tor+OBFS4 layer for network privacy and their roadmap is the killer,
no other coin like that.
It is also undervalued.
I bought some and would buy more.

Its specification is ways ways ways beyond other current coins, you have to check its bitcointalk thread.
Here is the roadmap, killer right?

Initial release of a SPV Android wallet, with full functionality including innovative low-power staking.
Hardware wallet support (Ledger and Trezor).
A groundbreaking web wallet providing a fast and convenient way to use SpectreCoin without compromising your security or privacy.
All cryptography happens in your browser, without keys ever being sent to any server.
namethathasntbeentaken (OP)

Activity: 150

update : namewastaken

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 02:03:57 AM

there are comparisons for example

https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php

XMR definitely superior

zen is zcash copycat so same principles apply

spectre, I never heard about it

That's not what i heard about zencash, could you elaborate?
Spectre is worth a look, as the guy above said, it is cheap as hell and they already have a working client

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol  ●  Available on Bisq.io
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
PDiBi112

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 02:04:37 AM

XMR no doubt
cryptimus prime

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:08:50 AM

XMR is the number 1.
Followed on place 2. by ZENcash because it is a further developed version of ZCash but costs only 5 USD per coin, while ZCash is overvalued with around 200 USD.

Forget all those other wannabe privacy coins, they are just bad jokes. DASH is not even private.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:32:12 AM

It is a tough place for a new coin to make its mark, primarily because you have established coins like Monero and Dash. For a new altcoin to stand out and grow, it needs to have a completely new idea.
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:34:24 AM

I also believe Monero is gonna be number 1, as it proved itself in past years.
Spectre looks like a new coin which is underpriced. Good future alternative.
gamerfan

Activity: 766
Merit: 501

BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL AND CREDIT CARDS

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:12:57 AM

Zcash is the best currency for privacy in my opinion. Simply because it doesn't show addresses, amount of transactions, but only the time transactions happen. With only the time any "big brother" sees almost nothing about a transaction.
Too bad it is quite expensive nowadays...

cryptimus prime

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:30:33 AM

Zcash is the best currency for privacy in my opinion. Simply because it doesn't show addresses, amount of transactions, but only the time transactions happen. With only the time any "big brother" sees almost nothing about a transaction.
Too bad it is quite expensive nowadays...

Yes but Zcash needed the trusted setup, this will stay forever the weak point and FUD-target. Monero hides recipient, reciever and amount too and soon the I2P Kovri implementation will make the obfuscation perfect.
If the new paper about RingCT 2.0 on XMR can be used for new development, the anonymity of XMR will rise while the scaling will improve.

Zcash is too expensive.
Like I said, if you want to hedge against Monero, ZENcash is 50x cheaper while the development is highly active. Updates coming soon will push the price very high because the amount of coins in circulation is highly limited.

Other "privacy coins" are not working, they do not obfuscate transactions on blockchain but are often just BTC+TOR.
Programming an anonymous coin is not a hobby project, it requires cryptographers (XMR has 2 PhD mathematicians) and good developers.
c0in_junkie

Activity: 521
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:42:00 AM

Don't forget PIVX, zerocoinprotocol realeasing soon.
sirsplashalot

Activity: 520
Merit: 123

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:51:22 AM

"Competition is infused into Zen at its very core; by its nature, it is a necessity of optimal
decentralization and a principle we believe enables beneficial evolution. This process
also includes competition in the broader cryptocurrency landscape for ZenCash, and for

- Zencash #171 $5.92
- Monero #12 $48.73
- DASH #9 $202.52
- Zcash #19 $211
- Spectre #271 $0,16

Thoughts are:

-Zencash, dropped this coin after the ZCL/ZEN fork. Zen uses masternodes, masternodes are centralized.Furthermore, when setting up the masternodes at the time, they all use the same U.S. based linode servers. Correct?
- Does anyone remember the Fork here? The civil war between the ZCL and ZEN Devs steered me away from this project. I dumped a large share. I thought highly of this project until about 10 other masternode coins were released before you could even set up the masternodes.

-Dash also uses masternodes as they initially started with the Scheme sale of selling masternodes to their initial investors.

-Monero. With all due respect, POW is outdated, not energy efficient and there is no masternode/POS System.

- Cloakcoin. This is hard to say. Their code has still not been audited, their development team is very unclear and they decided to take a vacation on the last update. This project was started in 2014 and the code hasnt been audited, and Spectrecoin's latest update is superior IMO. Though cloak has a good POS system aswell.  

-Spectrecoin
. After the latest update. We now have a coin that has POSv3 with 5% static inflation and NO masternode requirement for staking rewards that runs on the TOR Network+OBFS4 layer of security. Taking it even further, XSPEC's next update is to incorporate mobile staking.

Do any other coins do that already? Do any other coins actually run on the TOR Network and work in Tor Blocked regions?

I don't have anything against the anonymous currencies listed, I just want someone tell me one technical feature that ANY of the coins listed have over Spectrecoin.

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
Fantum

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:07:26 AM

Monero uses ringct which bloats the blockchain. I've found the transaction fees too high. The mixin could theoretically be cracked with enough work, the blockchain is public.

Zencash uses zkSNARKs, zero knowledge POW. No mixing. The sender address, the recipient address and the amount transferred are unknown.

As for the TOR coins as a feature, you could just use tor on your system and don't necisarily need it built into the coin.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

You missed verge on your list.
ruffles2016

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:19:46 AM

I think Verge will pass at least half of these coins as their development is very active and price is so accessible and cheap.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
cryptimus prime

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:51:23 AM

Verge and Spectre are not obfuscating the blockchain. With I2P Kovri update for XMR they will become obsolete  (they are already). Obvious paid shilling wont help that much  (Verge).

XMR blockchain bloat is overrated. RingCT 2.0 could bring scalability and stronger anonymization.

Zk-snark based coins have the trusted setup as big weak point. I see no sense in buying ZCash for 250 USD. So only hedge for XMR is ZEN.
xxmetalmartyrxx

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:32:38 PM

I second the notion that Verge has a bright future. (and no I'm not a paid shill, just a guy who likes Verge)
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:45:23 PM

- Zencash #171 $5.92
- Monero #12 $48.73
- DASH #9 $202.52
- Zcash #19 $211
- Spectre #271 $0,16

There are way more then 5 coins that try to innovate in anonymity.
I suggest you to rather try to first list all and then compete the ones that are more close to each other.   Here someone that it seems is in crypto for short time but learn fast listing some of them.

https://twitter.com/Hotkatchina/status/897273329354133506
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:31:29 PM

Dash and others like it are not private. They have mixers which give you an false sense of security. Most of the blockchain is like bitcoin where you can see all of the transactions. In a scenario like that it makes it easier for law enforcement to analyze the blockchain and find your illicit activity. Proof is in the recent darknet market busts. FBI knew exactly how much bitcoin, dash and zcash went through the site. They can likely find all of those addresses and link some to people now and in the future. While with Monero there was no data. THEY COULD NOT ANALYZE MONEROS CHAIN.

With Monero every transaction is private making the entire blockchain private. Anything else is just half assed bullshit and a copy of BTC.
sirsplashalot

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:00:04 PM

our system in the ecosystem of blockchain platforms."

This quote is irrelevant to technology. Zencash does not have any other features that are new. That is a fact.

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
sirsplashalot

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:46:38 PM

Verge and Spectre are not obfuscating the blockchain. With I2P Kovri update for XMR they will become obsolete  (they are already). Obvious paid shilling wont help that much  (Verge).

XMR blockchain bloat is overrated. RingCT 2.0 could bring scalability and stronger anonymization.

Zk-snark based coins have the trusted setup as big weak point. I see no sense in buying ZCash for 250 USD. So only hedge for XMR is ZEN.

Tech argument is incorrect.
Your obsolete argument is weak given staking provides passive income.
See my above posts about Zen.
We are not getting paid to shill Spectrecoin, we are successful genuine investors who plan to make use out of this currency.
Spectrecoin has the 4th most successful ICO ROI of all time and its only a $4,091,632 USD marketcap.

Source:

https://icostats.com/roi-since-ico

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: