Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 06:26:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Gauging intrest] Family villa to rent in south of France.  (Read 923 times)
Le lubéron (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:35:17 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2013, 10:20:44 AM by Le lubéron

Hello.

I am gauging the interest of offering a villa to rent for bitcoin to those  forum members or just go the standard way.
I am sure that some people here are dreaming to share there new made wealth with some lucky beloved.

About the villa
It's a 6 bedroom 4 twin one room with 5 single bed and another one with 3 singles. The house is a typical house of south of france. Swimmingpool, big garden, internet … It can accommodate 12-18 peoples. 1,2,3 famiies can easily accommodate in this house.
The expected price to rent for a week is 1400e and 2000 for two weeks in high season ( June-august). Price is not fixed yet this is just an average idea.
Of course i wouldn't be here if i was planning to accept bitcoin as a payment method.

The location
It is located in a famous part of France called Luberon.
There you can expect some outdoor activitys like biking, hiking, canyoning visiting charming little towns and castle. Of course the local "terroire" is very rich of all sorts of products such as truffles, wine or cheeses. The sea is one hour away.

Access
The best way to arrive there is to take a plane to paris, then a "TGV" for 2h30 to Aix en Provence and then rent a care. The house is located 30 minutes away from Aix en Provence.
Alternative is to take a plane to marseille and then rent a car for a 50min drive.
It is known as the sunniest part of france even if raining right now.

Here are my questions.
1) Would anybody here be interested or i am just wasting my time?

For the payment & reservation
i plan to do this :
Use escrow with 10% prepaid for reservation. 2 weeks before the arrival, the 80% left shall be paid or reservation is cancelled.
The btc rate would be provisory fixed  during reservation and finally fixed 2 weeks before arrival.
On arrival passport number should be taken and signed as a proof of stay to free the money on leaving.
2) Is there a better way to ensure no contestation ? Maybe pictures but looks a bit strange…

3) Do you have an idea to be sure to get a decent amount of euro in case of a btc drop in the time laps when the btc are in the hands of the escrow without keeping money online as cash on mtgox?
4) To give confidence to the buyer as this is a starting business? maybe a hard discount for the firsts to come if he leaves a comment…

5) I would probably add a X 000 euro caution. But this looks a little bit sketchy as the escrow will of course never come here to see the eventual degradation, any suggestion?

--------

Sorry for spelling mistake.
Please move this out of newbe ...

koukanexchange

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 05:10:29 PM

I love seeing stuff like this.. It amazes me how far BTC has come now people are willing to rent a house for BTC ... Amazing! Good luck!

elebit

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 05:40:25 PM

Hi! Great idea! Our vacation this year is planned long ago but I could very well be interested another year.

A few off hand thoughts:

How do we know the house exists and is yours to let? Perhaps you already have had people staying there who can vouch for it. But the least you should do is post some contact information. You can't expect people to pay thousands of euros to someone behind an alias.

Pictures catch people's interest a lot better than text. It sounds like an amazing house, I'm sure some interior and exterior shots would good gorgeous. You could even try adding some of the aforementioned information in the pictures to make it a bit more believable.

There should be a lot more information about the region, what to do there etc. Make a web page or at least link to some local tourism board.
Le lubéron (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 05:56:21 PM

How do we know the house exists and is yours to let? Perhaps you already have had people staying there who can vouch for it. But the least you should do is post some contact information. You can't expect people to pay thousands of euros to someone behind an alias.

Pictures catch people's interest a lot better than text. It sounds like an amazing house, I'm sure some interior and exterior shots would good gorgeous. You could even try adding some of the aforementioned information in the pictures to make it a bit more believable.
Yep this was planned
however this post is just a first idea gathering for how to properly do the real offer.
This house has never been rent before. I think the very first bitcoin user shall be some kind of tester with high reputation that rent the house for much cheaper rate.
Escrow will be mandatory anyway.

There should be a lot more information about the region, what to do there etc. Make a web page or at least link to some local tourism board.
Agreed
Le lubéron (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 08:24:55 AM

Still not possible to post out of newb
Le lubéron (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 10:01:16 AM

Still not possible to post out of newb
Sorry but absolutely nobody would rent a familly villa.. maybe a family villa. aalso you should post in the french board
corrected
I will post in the french board the official proposition if ever made.
keatonatron

Activity: 308

Jack of oh so many trades.

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 10:13:35 AM

I think you could treat it similar to receiving cash. The people show up for their reservation, you greet them personally and they transfer the BTC as you hand them the keys. Yes, there wouldn't be much recourse if it turned out to be a scam after they were in the house, but it would be the same if they had handed over cash. They'd have seen your face and could give a description to the police, and ask the real owners of the house who has access to keys and also fits that description.

Receiving a deposit is up to you--again, I think it would be just the same if you were receiving cash.

Preventing scams is hard with virtual transactions or shipping things where the two parties never meet, but in cases where they do meet, sending BTC is the exact same has handing over cold hard cash!

1KEATSvAhbB7yj2baLB5xkyJSnkfqPGAqk
Le lubéron (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 03:04:26 PM

I think you could treat it similar to receiving cash. The people show up for their reservation, you greet them personally and they transfer the BTC as you hand them the keys. Yes, there wouldn't be much recourse if it turned out to be a scam after they were in the house, but it would be the same if they had handed over cash. They'd have seen your face and could give a description to the police, and ask the real owners of the house who has access to keys and also fits that description.

Receiving a deposit is up to you--again, I think it would be just the same if you were receiving cash.

Preventing scams is hard with virtual transactions or shipping things where the two parties never meet, but in cases where they do meet, sending BTC is the exact same has handing over cold hard cash!
the problem here is for reservation. You want poeple to send money first to an escrow because you want to keep part of the money if they cancel.
An empty house in high season is bad.
so i could do this for the 90% due on arrival.
Luberon

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:19:02 AM

Hello.

I am gauging the interest of offering a villa to rent for bitcoin to those  forum members or just go the standard way.
I am sure that some people here are dreaming to share there new made wealth with some lucky beloved.

About the villa
It's a 6 bedroom 4 twin one room with 5 single bed and another one with 3 singles. The house is a typical house of south of france. Swimmingpool, big garden, internet … It can accommodate 12-18 peoples. 1,2,3 famiies can easily accommodate in this house.
The expected price to rent for a week is 1400e and 2000 for two weeks in high season ( June-august). Price is not fixed yet this is just an average idea.
Of course i wouldn't be here if i was planning to accept bitcoin as a payment method.

The location
It is located in a famous part of France called Luberon.
There you can expect some outdoor activitys like biking, hiking, canyoning visiting charming little towns and castle. Of course the local "terroire" is very rich of all sorts of products such as truffles, wine or cheeses. The sea is one hour away.

Access
The best way to arrive there is to take a plane to paris, then a "TGV" for 2h30 to Aix en Provence and then rent a care. The house is located 30 minutes away from Aix en Provence.
Alternative is to take a plane to marseille and then rent a car for a 50min drive.
It is known as the sunniest part of france even if raining right now.

Here are my questions.
1) Would anybody here be interested or i am just wasting my time?

For the payment & reservation
i plan to do this :
Use escrow with 10% prepaid for reservation. 2 weeks before the arrival, the 80% left shall be paid or reservation is cancelled.
The btc rate would be provisory fixed  during reservation and finally fixed 2 weeks before arrival.
On arrival passport number should be taken and signed as a proof of stay to free the money on leaving.
2) Is there a better way to ensure no contestation ? Maybe pictures but looks a bit strange…

3) Do you have an idea to be sure to get a decent amount of euro in case of a btc drop in the time laps when the btc are in the hands of the escrow without keeping money online as cash on mtgox?
4) To give confidence to the buyer as this is a starting business? maybe a hard discount for the firsts to come if he leaves a comment…

5) I would probably add a X 000 euro caution. But this looks a little bit sketchy as the escrow will of course never come here to see the eventual degradation, any suggestion?

--------

Sorry for spelling mistake.
Please move this out of newbe ...

Changing my alt because i can't get out of this newbe section...
Luberon

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:12:42 PM

bump no more idea?
Luberon

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:13:07 AM

last one for 5 post...
keatonatron

Activity: 308

Jack of oh so many trades.

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:39:08 AM

the problem here is for reservation. You want poeple to send money first to an escrow because you want to keep part of the money if they cancel.
An empty house in high season is bad.
so i could do this for the 90% due on arrival.

I think escrow would work fine for the initial deposit. I don't think you would have to worry about people trying to scam you (what would they get out of it??). The only thing that might happen is they decide not to come, and instead of forfeiting the deposit they claim that they showed up but you weren't there and the house doesn't exist. But I can't imagine someone who wants to go to the villa bad enough to put down a deposit would do such a horrible thing.

1KEATSvAhbB7yj2baLB5xkyJSnkfqPGAqk
FTWbitcoinFTW

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:23:42 PM

Post it in french section Wink

Lost coins only make everyone else's coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone.
it has lots of buttery taste..
Luberon

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 10:57:39 AM

l'offre arrive
the offer is coming this week
Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: