Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:31:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I convert my bitcoin to Ethereum?  (Read 5776 times)
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:40:36 AM

For me it is better to buy ethereum with your bitcoin but don't expense all of your bitcoin! maybe just half of it. It is good to have of this both cryptocurrencies because in the future this both cryptos will have a huge value in exchange market.
melted349

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:45:45 AM

For me it is better to buy ethereum with your bitcoin but don't expense all of your bitcoin! maybe just half of it. It is good to have of this both cryptocurrencies because in the future this both cryptos will have a huge value in exchange market.
Agree with that if you have that both cryto coins in the future much better and it is good to have that both but choosing one of them and convert it just like bitcoin to ethereum are not a good decision.
ngefek berat

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:45:35 AM

right also because now many are using it as one of the money earning alternative to the investment that is so not infrequently if successful people can forgive the opportunity with a very precise method.
coleman268

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:49:20 AM

I think if you want to hold long term bitcoin is definitely the way to go however if you want to make some short term gains you'd probably make a little bit more if you converted to eth
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:02:08 AM

it is all about the risks you are willing to take.
bitcoin is surely going to rise and keep on rising in the long term. the chances of that are higher than anything else by a lot.
at the same time ethereum may rise too but the chances of it are very small. for all we know there may be another DAO o worse at any time and cause ethereum to die this time. and with all the scams that are happening there is always a bigger sell pressure on ethereum that makes its future uncertain. and the investment risky.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:29:09 AM

All risk depends on you. bitcoin is promising currency for the future hold your bitcoins if you have any and also ETH price for today is $375. i don't think so you should convert your ETH at this time. if the price of ETH goes up and bitcoin lose its some price then you should do this by this you will get more BITCOINS..ALl the best bro

Bit-talker1

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:56:40 AM

ETH will not growth so fast as BTC, I think

I am not agree with you. ETH grew up to x50 from the start of the year. And now it costs $372.54; 0.08193170 BTC .
I think ETH will grow equaly, and maybe faster that BTC.
Bit-talker1

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:38:18 PM

Converting your bitcoin to ethereum is a big mistake, but if you are lucky, it'll get to good profit in short term.
It is not a big mistake. Bitcoins cours is not elastic. And BTC will not grow so fast in future. I think ETH is better for quick investment returns.
itsonlikedonkeykong

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:24:26 PM

Potentially if you need it for ICO's in the short term?
VeeraS

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:04:58 PM

Well both Bitcoin and Ethereum are at present topmost cryptocurrencies. Ethereum is giving more ROI than Bitcoin these days, but Bitcoin prices too have a huge window.

For short term, Bitcoin will be good as an investment option, but for long term Bitcoin as well as Ethereum both are good option.
agatha818

Activity: 284

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:00:09 PM

though i also invest on ethereum and pretty much happy of what it achieved lately, I wouldn't convert my Bitcoin into Ethereum, most of the people in cryptoworld value the bitcoin and they would keep their and hold their bitcoin than convert it  in Ethereum and any other altcoin.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:01:28 PM

Agree with that if you have that both cryto coins in the future much better and it is good to have that both but choosing one of them and convert it just like bitcoin to ethereum are not a good decision.

I have no doubt that in the long run both coins will increase their value in a considerable way, and both seem a safe investment because of the enormous potential they have. However, even though I am determined to invest only in bitcoin, it seems to me that ethereum has even more potential and a lot of room to grow.

If I were not such a conservative investor, maybe I might risk some of my bitcoins to buy some Ethereum, but not more than 20%.
keyrun

Activity: 143

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:02:37 PM

If you are looking for opinion, I still believe Ethereum has a large potential and is likely to close it's price gap with Bitcoin in near future. So, investing in it would be a smart choice.
maeusi

Merit: 254

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:06:57 PM

If you are looking for opinion, I still believe Ethereum has a large potential and is likely to close it's price gap with Bitcoin in near future. So, investing in it would be a smart choice.
Yes, you are right. It could be a great combination with bitcoin. Bitcoin for payments and Ethereum for huge prpjects.
I think, it is not to late to take Ethereum into portfolio.
gilabusuk1

Activity: 311

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:08:07 PM

really Etherium is still an option for us all because the possibility of the price rose very wide open,
even in my opinion at the end of the year may be the price of Etherium can go up 100%

senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:00:04 AM

I believe that the main part of assets for the long-term perspective is to be kept in bitcoin. This very reliably gives the best profit. At the same time for a long-term, or even short-term perspective, you can try Ethereum. This coin is also very promising, however, in my opinion, it gives a smaller profit when stored. But the trade in this coin on the exchange can be successful if you buy it when the rate of this coin temporarily falls to about 20 percent
Babyjamz3026

Activity: 361

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:47:25 AM

When investing, I’m a big fan of diversification of portfolios. I believe that both Ethereum and Bitcoin offer value, albeit in different ways.

Even though Ethereum is positioning itself to become a large platform, the fact that Bitcoin is so well known makes it the first place where people invest.

It's a big mistake to trade your Bitcoin for Ethereum right now. Bitcoin is going to get segwit, and then lightning network, and then sidechains, and Blockstream just got Satellites out there to broadcast the Bitcoin Blockchain... so much exciting stuff happening in Bitcoin right now. I think everyone should have their main amount of crypto portfolio in BTC, specially right now, it's key to have as much BTC as possible.

Ethereum still has to overcome huge problems which im not sure they will be able to, meanwhile Bitcoin is sailing smooth, the only problem it has is the segwit2x morons being annoying again with the blocksize increase scam in November but we will get around that.
That's right sir, it is still good to save more of bitcoin than to convert Bitcoin into Ethereum. Particularly , bitcoin price value now is going to the moon. And most of the bitcoin fanatic are preparing themselves for coming November 1, 2017.  But I think this will be the same as what happened this past August 1 2017, where after that day bitcoin became get higher.
Nathland

Activity: 317

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:19:32 AM

I don't think that converting your Bitcoins to ethereum or any other altcoin for that matter is a very good idea. Bitcoin is the mother cryptocurrency and its the most stable cryptocurrency present in the market. All other altcoins can loose their value but Bitcoin will only show growth.
Thymoty

Activity: 372

CPLAY Network

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:09:16 AM

just follow your heart and insting , Ethereum is a good future coin , but Bitcoin is the largest of all of altcoin , do the thing that you think it's the best ,.

▀■ ■ ▀▄      ▀ ▀ ▄ ▄██      ► C P L A Y - IDO       ██▄ ▄ ▀ ▀▀      ▄▀ ■ ■▀
ONE ECOSYSTEM FOR ALL YOUR CRYPTO NEEDS
|        App Store        |           Wallet           |        Adstation        |        2FA Shield        |
maeusi

Merit: 254

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:23:45 AM

Ethereum is a promising cryptocurrency with awesome features. But I wouldn't invest all my bitcoin into ethereum. It is with bitcoin, well known alts and new coins/tokens in my portfolio.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: