Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:40:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I convert my bitcoin to Ethereum?  (Read 5776 times)
cah ndablek

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:08:27 AM

now the development of technology is fast enough so many mining should be able to find the most appropriate place in making investments. at this time many are choosing to use etherium in the top position and most in the proposed in the conduct of transactions from the investment.

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER

bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 10:43:53 PM

Converting your bitcoin to ethereum is a big mistake, but if you are lucky, it'll get to good profit in short term.
Converting your bitcoin and expecting to hold ETH for the long term will be a mistake, but if you want to convert it and get some some benefits in the short term I do not see a problem with that as long as you are an experienced trader that knows what he is doing, if you are not then the safest route is to hold your bitcoin since the price is going to go up once again at the end of the year as it  has happened several years in a row.
Saifher

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:03:41 PM

I wouldn't go all in on either one. Diversify your holdings into both, that way you can profit on their average, rather than feeling like you're missing out on one side of the crypto scene.

rainbow169

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:19:05 AM

I would do probably 50-50 but looking to rebalance gradually over the coming two weeks while the price stabilize.
doothewop

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

I like the clowns and the little dogs

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 12:21:58 AM

When investing, I’m a big fan of diversification of portfolios. I believe that both Ethereum and Bitcoin offer value, albeit in different ways.

I'm currently going with 45% BTC, 45% Eth, 5-10% miscellaneous altcoins,
and I've been looking at a few ICOs, but not sure if I'm going to bother. The
first I heard of ICOs was on YoBit, and it just seemed like a way to scam
some coins with the backing of an exchange, so that first impression has
left a bad taste in my mouth.
edynolan

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:01:22 AM

why turn your bitcoin into ethereum if it stays in the wallet, unless you want to invest you can do it. the market movement is still not so changed so what to trade
inthelongrun

Activity: 1792
Merit: 598

The Martian Child

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:23:24 AM

When investing, I’m a big fan of diversification of portfolios. I believe that both Ethereum and Bitcoin offer value, albeit in different ways.

Even though Ethereum is positioning itself to become a large platform, the fact that Bitcoin is so well known makes it the first place where people invest.

The answer is already in your post. If you are a fan of diversification of portfolios, then it is advisable to invest in some other alts other than what you currently have now and Bitcoin. ETH is good. You can add it to your portfolio list. Diversification has always been the advice of experienced traders and holders.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:13:52 AM

I think that translating now bitcoin in ethereum is not worth it. Now both ion exchangers, however, like practically everyone else, have fallen significantly in the course. At the same time, given the previous high rate of bitcoin, its drop is significant compared to ETH, if viewed as a percentage. Given this, there will be no significant benefit from this. Now it's a good time to invest in these coins, buying them for free funds.
Marry Finch

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:15:45 AM

In my opinion, it is not worthwhile to convert bitcoin into ethereum, since both coins are almost equally profitable. However, it seems to me that bitcoin in this respect has a more preferable position. Such a transformation would be permissible only for the purposes of a short-term perspective, for example, the need for trading in the market or something else.
Butchick

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:35:08 AM

Ethereum is a great coin and offers great opportunities. More so, ethereum is a promising coin and truly offers great technology and platform. However, exchanging your bitcoin to eth may not be worth it. though eth offers a lot, i think you will gain more in btc rather than eth especially when you are holding on to your coins for a bit.

xandriel

Activity: 586
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:35:49 AM

Ethereum is a great coin and offers great opportunities. More so, ethereum is a promising coin and truly offers great technology and platform. However, exchanging your bitcoin to eth may not be worth it. though eth offers a lot, i think you will gain more in btc rather than eth especially when you are holding on to your coins for a bit.
I think don't put all in bitcoin. just 50/50. 50 for bitcoin and 50 for eth. Bitcoin is the king now. But ETH have more future

.BITWINUP.
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
BITCOIN PVP PREDECTION GAME

▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████░░███████████
█████████░░░░░░█████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░███████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀

VS

▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████░░░░░░░░░░███████
█████████░░░░░░█████████
███████████░░███████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

.Play to earn Crypto.
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
caeles

Activity: 304

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:52:30 AM

Even though Ethereum is positioning itself to become a large platform, the fact that Bitcoin is so well known makes it the first place where people invest.

I think it is not a good idea to convert your BTC to ETH because BTC is still has a larger value than ETH. Also, ETH's value is going low so I think it is not a good idea to convert. If you already have a BTC hold it and don't convert it.

axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:14:48 AM

This is everyone's business. But my opinion is that bitcoin should always be kept. Bitcoin is the father of the Crypto-currency and he will always grow. and Etherium is now evolving, and it's about to be a hard fork. It is advisable to keep both coins!))
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:35:27 PM

just follow your heart and insting , Ethereum is a good future coin , but Bitcoin is the largest of all of altcoin , do the thing that you think it's the best ,.
Following your heart and instincts is a sure recipe to lose all your money, trading and investing is about math, about watching the charts and by using the tools given to us by other people to try to determine which way a coin is going to move, also you need to know about the history of a coin in order to know if the market is bullish or bearish about a coin in a particular moment.
caravel

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:51:23 PM

just follow your heart and insting , Ethereum is a good future coin , but Bitcoin is the largest of all of altcoin , do the thing that you think it's the best ,.
Following your heart and instincts is a sure recipe to lose all your money, trading and investing is about math, about watching the charts and by using the tools given to us by other people to try to determine which way a coin is going to move, also you need to know about the history of a coin in order to know if the market is bullish or bearish about a coin in a particular moment.

You are absolutely right. With that being said, my suggestion to OP is to keep his BTC.
In the past, Popular exchanges got hacked, big btc websites got taken down. All these things you would of thought would of negatively impacted BTC's price.
They did...
BUT the price change was so small, it didn't really matter.
BTC went right back up to it's normal price and stabilized every time.

It would take something so catastrophically improbable for BTC to become invalidated by a price decline.

TLDR; OP Keep your BTC, you will thank me in a year or 2.

KluFf

Activity: 336

Alfa-Enzo: Introducing the First Global Smartmarke

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:53:06 PM

you can spare some on ethereum. btc price is still good.
just hold the coin. they got a good progress bro.

......A L F A ─ E N Z O......
\▼/ "Develop, standardize, protect, and promote" the AEF Ecosystem \▼/
...FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM BOUNTY...
rooster2000bka

Activity: 299

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:08:41 PM

BTC had great exchange and more member! ETH new with more feature! I think! BTC is the first and ETH is second in market
sasaku bitbit

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:27:34 PM

I will convert my bitcoin to Ethereum, because thereum is a large coin offering great opportunities. so this coin promises and actually offers great technology and platforms. However, though the eth offers a lot, I think you will get more in the btc than eth especially when you're holding on to your coin for a little bit. but the ETH has a future that is better than any other type of coin coin
Arkann

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 12:45:35 AM

This is not worth doing. Bitcoin has always been and remains the best crypto currency for investment, especially in the long term. And at any time, despite the fluctuations in its price. Anyway bitcoin in the future brings a significant profit from-0a appreciation rate. In the etherium, you can transfer bitcoin only for the performance of specific transactions or transactions, since this is also a good and promising coin.
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:47:20 AM

This is not worth doing. Bitcoin has always been and remains the best crypto currency for investment, especially in the long term. And at any time, despite the fluctuations in its price. Anyway bitcoin in the future brings a significant profit from-0a appreciation rate. In the etherium, you can transfer bitcoin only for the performance of specific transactions or transactions, since this is also a good and promising coin.

+1

Ethereum saw a massive rise, even faster than Bitcoin at some points, but it doesn't mean you should start using it over Bitcoin anytime soon. BTC is still king and always has been. Until something else much, much better comes along it will stay that way.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: